• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 49
Posts: 49   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8769 times and has 48 replies Next Thread
MitjaSkrlec

Falchion retires - Tigerleaf Giveaway event blockade

The time has come, as promised pre-blockade, Tigerleaf is about to change hands, we will be holding an event with the defense helpers having a chance at winning one of the largest islands on Cobalt with only a sloop!

What: Tigerleaf Mountain Giveaway!!! Where: Tigerleaf Mountain event blockade When: September 6th, 11:59 am gametime How: Last sloop standing Prize: Tigerleaf Mountain itself Participation: 1 sloop per ticket
So we will be holding a sinking event blockade(sloops only) on Tigerleaf, the winners of tickets that helped defend TLM will be able to participate(Ex: If Flag A has 2 tickets, they will be able to bring 2 sloops into the board, if Flag B has 1 ticket, they can only bring one sloop into the blockade). Last sloop standing wins the island!

Disqualification: If there are more ships than the allowed ones on board at a time for a flag, that flag is disqualified, sloops that dont belong to participating flags in the board will be asked to leave, or will be chased down by our WB/WF.
If the ship is not out of the save zone 5 min after round start, that ship is disqualified. W.T.F. judges will jugde any other unexpected thigs.
Participants:
Smoke On The Water - 1 ticket
Thor's Hammer - 1 ticket
Eve of Destruction - 1 ticket
Apocolypse - 1 ticket
Elements of Fear - 3 tickets
The Art of War - 4 tickets
Valor - 2 tickets
Twisted - 1 ticket
The Honorable Darkolich - 2 tickets
Super Awesomeness - 2 tickets
Scarlet Masquerade - 1 ticket
Castaway Cove - 1 ticket

If you wanna join our judging ship, please contact Psychox or find us on the notice board.

For any questions, feel free to post here or ask any W.T.F. royal in game.

*Winner of the event is responsible for the transfer of the island.
**If the island is lost in a blocade beffore the transfer the event is off
*** W.T.F. reserves the right to enter the event blocade and sink some of their own ships for fun

----------------------------------------
Mitja --> Captain of Dark Lords

Prince of What The Falchion
[Edit 1 times, last edit by MitjaSkrlec at Aug 26, 2008 4:52:46 AM]
[Aug 17, 2008 10:10:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
slntslayer

Re: Falchion retires - Tigerleaf Giveaway event blockade

Disqualification: If there are more ships than the allowed ones on board at a time for a flag, that flag is disqualified, sloops that dont belong to participating flags in the board will be asked to leave, or will be chased down by our WB/WF.

So we will be holding a sinking event blockade(sloops only) on Tigerleaf

Might wanna rethink the settings really quick....
When all else fails, go blow something up.
I'm a BK hunting trollop, and how!
Rehio wrote: 
There's gotta be some law that prohibits Rashnu from having any sort of contact with greenies.

Rashnu
i R slo kiddo.....
[Aug 18, 2008 1:35:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tx_rocket

Also the little note of winning the island with only a sloop, but then put the * of Winner is responsible for the transfer fee.

Good luck.
~Txrocket
[Aug 18, 2008 2:09:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sarianastar

Smoke on the water is no more... I'm going to be joining Scarlet Masquerade, can I give that flag the ticket my former flag earned?
~*~*~*~*~*~
Starsha - Cerulean
~*~*~*~*~*~

My Wedding Videos!
Current avvie by Falmari!
[Aug 18, 2008 10:36:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MitjaSkrlec

Sry starsha as we already talked you needed 5 mates to deserve a point, but you joining another flag with only 2 former flag members that point will be erased. but feel free to join falchion ship and come have fun with us.

Also after rechecking the jobbers statistics, we found a mistake when refering the points given. Thanks to Polaris mates that warned me about the mistake.

Polaris recieves 1 point for the event, means they can fill 1 sloop for the blocade.

If after 2 round's there is still more than a single sloop standing, we will decide how to determine the winner of the island on sight with a parlor game or on some other way.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by MitjaSkrlec at Aug 26, 2008 3:49:50 AM]
[Aug 19, 2008 10:16:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MitjaSkrlec

Time till blocade is comming closer, prepare your sloops, and get readdy for some sinky sinky fun!!!!

To be on W.T.F. ship find us on the notice board or send a tell to Psychox beffore the blocade start.

[Aug 26, 2008 4:54:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

Why did ye allow brigs and frigs in too, what if a frig come and totally destroys all sloops would be so unfair.
Ilya on most of the oceans,
Russian on Midnight.

Hypnos tells ye, "i burn u"

Avatars by Silverransom, Domokun, Shortyjack and Tilinka!
[Aug 27, 2008 2:36:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yayhair

ilya wrote: 
Why did ye allow brigs and frigs in too, what if a frig come and totally destroys all sloops would be so unfair.

it's probably due to this:

Mitja wrote: 

How else can they regulate on their WB/WF if it's a sloops only event?
KutUsobad
SO and 'Cook' of the Slow ChildrenSO of Breizh Rum Smugglers
SO of Crossbones

[Aug 27, 2008 2:48:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xessive

I can't see this ending well.

You alone must find the way. No one else can help you. Every way is different. And if you do lose yourself at least take solace in the absolute certainty that you will perish.

[Aug 27, 2008 3:57:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
av8tors32

Your wish is my command. Send ME (av) a tell for a job.
AV
Dark Asylum, Cobalt

Want to insult me? Do worry, I already know what I am.
[Aug 27, 2008 7:27:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    av8tors32    av8tors32 [Link]  Go to top 
tryn2behave

WTF has done NOTHING with TLM since gaining control of the island accept to build themselves a shipyard ... oh and sell 4 plots of land for another 2 shipyards, an IM and a furnisher. From looking at the owners of the shoppes, I'd say they are WTF hearties.

The thing that baffles me is that none of these shoppes are producing any goods.

Soooooo ... as far as it ending well ... I'm hoping that the flag that wins the island will actually do what is best for the current stall/shoppes owners and not add any more unnescessary buildings to please a few hearties.

** Note ... they have sold 4 plots of land but still won't pay the island transfer fee. >.<
Various pirates on all English-speaking oceans.

Love the people who treat you right. Forgive the ones who don't. Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it! ~~ Dwan
[Sep 4, 2008 6:22:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tryn2behave2 [Link]  Go to top 
Drakonius2

Drakonius of The Honorable Drakolich we will be bringing in two sloops not sure if this is where to post ship names but we will be using the

Ignorant Haddock

Lazy Grunion

thanks and good luck to all
Drakonius

Captain of Drakolich

King of The Honorable Drakolich
[Sep 5, 2008 5:28:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blodybladz

Elements of Fear

Cheap Tench
Handsome Guppy
Well-dressed Grunion
Blodybladz on all ocean
[Sep 5, 2008 8:09:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moonmaiden79

Eve of Destruction:
High Grunion

Good Luck Everyone!
Stabatha- Tarts of Doom, Obsidian
[Sep 6, 2008 8:45:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jaytee8

The Art of War will be bringing the following sloops:

Enlightened Stickleback
Long Sunfish
Well-Informed Catfish
Well-Informed Sardine

Sounds like a lot of fun!
Jaytee (on Cerulean)
SO of Serial Pillagers
Prince of The Art of War
[Sep 6, 2008 9:08:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jaytee8

Just wondering. If there are still sloops remaining at the end of the first round, are they allowed to attack each other during the break before the second round?
Jaytee (on Cerulean)
SO of Serial Pillagers
Prince of The Art of War
[Sep 6, 2008 9:34:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cutielondon

Twisted One ticket - One Sloop

Changing Tuna
Pebblebeach on Cobalt
[Sep 6, 2008 11:02:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GreenTail

Polaris, Idealistic Sunfish.
Guppygurl, Cobalt Ocean.
[Sep 6, 2008 11:19:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
av8tors32

Yarr, it was great fun sinking the sloops. It was even more fun seeing the "WTF Defending WB" bumping, shooting and in some cases sinking the sloops they were suppose to be protecting.... har har har, I think elements of fear can really tart if they don't win.

Thanks for the fun... and can someone please take out the don't give Av an injury code... gezzzz oh man.
AV
Dark Asylum, Cobalt

[Sep 6, 2008 1:54:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    av8tors32    av8tors32 [Link]  Go to top 
feuketje

well, thx fer making a good event bad fer some people.

Some of em even could have had a chance of winning TL. So basicly, u ruined it mate.
lovekids loves her own kids only

Cindytje on ice and sage
[Sep 6, 2008 2:14:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
feuketje

Psychox has asked me to make a post on his behalve and on behalve of his flag.

"Psychox says: Just to get some facts straight and ruin Av's show-off ego, there were 2 bumps, but never any shot or sink to the sloops from the W T F's wb, guaranteed. But it was fun seeing your brig go down. :-)"

Cindytje on ice and sage
[Sep 6, 2008 2:19:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xessive

So when I saw you shoot a sloop and make it sink, I was just imagining things?

You alone must find the way. No one else can help you. Every way is different. And if you do lose yourself at least take solace in the absolute certainty that you will perish.

[Sep 6, 2008 2:28:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
feuketje

psychox says: "Psychox tells you, "Oops, i totaly forgot that one, though they ran into our shooting towards DA's brig. You're right though. :-)"

Cindytje on ice and sage
[Sep 6, 2008 2:32:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cutielondon

Av,

You really are a piece of work. Attention seeking must be your only outlet in life. Keep taking the drugs, they might have some effect in the long run

Pebs
Pebblebeach on Cobalt
[Sep 6, 2008 2:36:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moonmaiden79

lol... Seriously, how did this come as a surprise to anyone, its not like Av didn't clearly state that he was going to crash the party. W.T.F. had plenty of time to remedy the situation prior to the event. As far as the participants, of which we were one of them, it should have been totally expected that DA was going to bring in a WB or WF and stir it up a bit. I personally think it made it more fun. However, the event in and of itself had some serious holes and was in need of some more thought. Despite all of that, it was fun.
Edit: spelling error
Stabatha- Tarts of Doom, Obsidian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by moonmaiden79 at Sep 6, 2008 2:54:36 PM]
[Sep 6, 2008 2:47:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hoofhearted

Kinda reminds me of...

Jakaubrey
[Sep 6, 2008 2:50:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
av8tors32

Psychox says: Just to get some facts straight and ruin Av's show-off ego, there were 2 bumps, but never any shot or sink to the sloops from the W T F's wb

Okay so WTF admits this is dead wrong. What I saw..

At least 4 situations in which a sloop bumped into the WTF WB. I saw many sloops catch cbs that were intended for me. And yes, you did bump then shoot and sink an Elements of Fear sloop. From the position you were in there was NO need to shoot at all in the first 2-3 turns.... unless of course you wanted to sink the sloop.

As for taking down me ego.. pffft. We wanted to sink. In fact I had to promise that to many people to get them to come along. We had a great time and got many nasty nasty tells. All the problems lie in how the event was set up and organized. Don't blame the guest, unwanted or not, when things get fouled up.

Personal note: I think having an aggressor brig on the board seemed to shake things up and provide a level of fun. Right now the event settings make it difficult to control thou.. have to think on this one.
AV
Dark Asylum, Cobalt

[Edit 3 times, last edit by av8tors32 at Sep 6, 2008 3:16:16 PM]
[Sep 6, 2008 3:06:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    av8tors32    av8tors32 [Link]  Go to top 
tryn2behave

Psychox has asked me to make a post on his behalve and on behalve of his flag.

behalve?

Just wondering something ... if Av didn't stir the pot, so to speak, what would everyone be whining about instead?
Various pirates on all English-speaking oceans.

Love the people who treat you right. Forgive the ones who don't. Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it! ~~ Dwan
[Sep 6, 2008 4:01:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tryn2behave2 [Link]  Go to top 
peglegfred

FYI, if AV had not showed up for this, I know at least 2 others prepared to do the same thing. Asshats rule
Bloodworthy, kinda here for your abuse
[Sep 6, 2008 4:07:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hoofhearted

Bloodworthy wrote: 
FYI, if AV had not showed up for this, I know at least 2 others prepared to do the same thing. Asshats rule

You spelled attention whores wrong.
Jakaubrey
[Sep 6, 2008 4:35:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 49   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates