• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 22
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5590 times and has 21 replies Next Thread
Franklincain

download the info from Vessel Report? Reply to this Post

Is it possible to download (i.e. copy and paste) all of the info from the Vessel Report? (The Vessel Report is the list of all ships in your Crew. To get this, click on the Dock for whatever Island you're currently on, and then click on the button "Where are my vessels?") I'd like to be able to extract all of this info at once, but I cannot figure out how to do so. :-(

Please advise.
Thanks in advance! :-)
Franklin
----------------------------------------
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Jul 4, 2008 9:35:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SeaPigeon

Re: download the info from Vessel Report? Reply to this Post

Highlight it all
CTRL+C

Open document and paste. I think that works anyways.
..:: SeaPigeon on all Oceans ::..

Main Ocean: Viridian

SO of The Rum Rats
[Jul 5, 2008 6:28:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chupchup

It's impossible to highlight that text. I think it used to be possible, it might have changed. It's not possible on Java 1.6.0_10 on Linux, anyway. It's also impossible to select/copy text from other windows in the client, and it seems arbitrary and pointless that it's disabled on some. Not sure why; they probably use a particular type of text control(s) that don't allow it.
The pirate formerly known as Ljamethyst.

I think the Sublime trophy is a happy idea. Sublime is to be celebrated.

[Jul 5, 2008 7:27:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Ljamethyst [Link]  Go to top 
gunnermooch

It's impossible to highlight that text. I think it used to be possible, it might have changed. It's not possible on Java 1.6.0_10 on Linux, anyway. It's also impossible to select/copy text from other windows in the client, and it seems arbitrary and pointless that it's disabled on some. Not sure why; they probably use a particular type of text control(s) that don't allow it.

It doesn't work on Windows either. if you click each ship in the list you can get a copy of the details there but I am pretty sure the OP'er wanted to find a faster way.
Below is what you get doing it one vessel at a time.

[vesselName=Absent Gar, vesselClass=lgsloop, inPort=true, islandName=Sirius Island, isLocked=true, isBattleReady=false]

Dalnoth wrote: He was going on an on about some Cybersex with a 13 year old accusation, however I immediately dismissed the claim based on the fact that slimbottom can't even type one whole sentence coherently let alone have cybersex.
[Jul 5, 2008 7:39:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

if you click each ship in the list you can get a copy of the details there, but I am pretty sure the OP'er wanted to find a faster way.

Aye. Thank'ee. ;-)

Franklin
[Jul 5, 2008 8:50:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

I just made a macro to sort the page. Unfortunately, I don't have the names the client uses for the ships made only in shipyards, so those aren't reformatted. You should still be able to tell what class of ship it is though.

1. Open up "Where are my vessels" screen.
2. Click anywhere on the screen.
3. press "control-A" (Select all)
4. press "control-C" (copy).
5. open up log.
6. Paste (edit->paste or "control-V")
7. Tools->Macros->Macros (or press "alt-F8")
8. Run "Puzzle Pirate Ship Log"

http://www.filefactory.com/file/3932d0/n/Puzzle_Pirate_Ship_Log_xls
Sig

Owner: Sig Supply Network

What happens when you beat whiny sword fighters with overpowered trash swords...

Imcolorblind auto-responds, "sig hacks sf :) try and see".

[Jul 5, 2008 9:38:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Thank'ee! :-)

Franklin
[Jul 5, 2008 10:04:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gunnermooch

I just made a macro to sort the page. Unfortunately, I don't have the names the client uses for the ships made only in shipyards, so those aren't reformatted. You should still be able to tell what class of ship it is though.

1. Open up "Where are my vessels" screen.
2. Click anywhere on the screen.
3. press "control-A" (Select all)
4. press "control-C" (copy).
5. open up log.
6. Paste (edit->paste or "control-V")
7. Tools->Macros->Macros (or press "alt-F8")
8. Run "Puzzle Pirate Ship Log"

http://www.filefactory.com/file/3932d0/n/Puzzle_Pirate_Ship_Log_xls

Fantastic!! This makes easy work of checking and listing my alts blockade fleet, thanks!
Dalnoth wrote: He was going on an on about some Cybersex with a 13 year old accusation, however I immediately dismissed the claim based on the fact that slimbottom can't even type one whole sentence coherently let alone have cybersex.
[Jul 5, 2008 11:24:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

No problem. If someone can get me the name that shows up for a grand fig, galleon, war frig, and xebec, I'll toss those onto it to finish up the ship class (for example, a cutter is called a "lgsloop" and a merchant brig is called a "merchbrig").

Also, if you get a security warning, go tools->macro->security->set to low. The security setting should automatically reset itself for you when you close the program.
Sig

What happens when you beat whiny sword fighters with overpowered trash swords...

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Siggy at Jul 5, 2008 11:41:50 AM]
[Jul 5, 2008 11:37:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
gunnermooch

No problem. If someone can get me the name that shows up for a grand fig, galleon, war frig, and xebec, I'll toss those onto it to finish up the ship class.

Sloop
Cutter
Dhow
Longship
Baghlah
Merchant Brig
War Brig
Merchant Galleon
Xebec
War Frigate
Grand Frigate

That list ?
[Jul 5, 2008 11:39:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

That list ?

Nope. I know those, but the game abbreviates some of the names. (I've edited my previous post). Meh, I'll go and look at my old Viridian accout...
Sig

[Jul 5, 2008 11:43:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

Ok, version 1.2 is ready to be released.

Added features:

Support for up to 1000 ships (up from 500... can change easily to a higher number if need be).

Able to properly process frigs and galleons now.

Added filters to the top for easier sorting.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/d49ac1/n/Puzzle_Pirate_Ship_Log_1_2_xls
Sig

[Jul 5, 2008 12:01:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

Picture and instruction time:

1. Open up the "Where are my vessels" screen.

2. Click on the screen.

3. Control A.

4. Control C.

5. Go to excel and press Control V or paste in the top left open cell.

6. Go to the Macro screen or press "Alt F8"

7. Run Macro

8. View finished product.

You can filter the information using the tabs at the top. For example, if you click on the arrow by "Island" and pick Saltstrum Rock, you get all the ships ported at Saltstrum.

Sig

[Dec 5, 2008 5:21:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
Tassdrummer

Now I have to say that this looks like a pretty handy tool; awesome job!

Now...if we could have that macro re-uploaded somewhere in order to get it as well would be great ;)
Tassdrummer

"Without music I would have to get a life...But without an audience I would have to get a job!" - Neil Peart
[Dec 5, 2008 6:37:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
toyyot

Ok, version 1.2 is ready to be released.

Added features:

Support for up to 1000 ships (up from 500... can change easily to a higher number if need be).

Able to properly process frigs and galleons now.

Added filters to the top for easier sorting.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/d49ac1/n/Puzzle_Pirate_Ship_Log_1_2_xls

When I follow your link it sais the file has been deleted, can you put it back
Toys on Sage
Wonderfull avatar made by Ezmerelda M
[Dec 6, 2008 12:11:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

ugh, I posted this in the wrong thread. There's a new thread about it in game design.

/me moves the link over to here now.

http://www.mediafire.com/?voznmokojqy
Sig

[Dec 6, 2008 6:35:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
hockeydude1

Thanks mate, this is really helpful.
Synes
[Dec 6, 2008 9:59:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
toyyot

Thanks mate great tool
Toys on Sage
Wonderfull avatar made by Ezmerelda M
[Dec 6, 2008 10:05:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Fantastic tool mate!

I did some testing to see what else the Ctl-A - Copy idea would work on. It turns out it is also usefull for copying out the full list of people on your boat after you do a /who command.
This would be perfect for updating QM's "pirates onboard" list on the fly. If you don't mind I'd like to borrow your tech to put in a refresh button for the crew list in the coming QM patch.

Edit: Just a quick suggestion for the vessel report tool. An extra column where the users can manually enter the vessel owner name might go down well. If possible, making it a dropdown menu type thing containing all previously entered owners, but I'm not really up to date on the magic tricks of excel :].
What you have created here is extremely useful and I know a great many have been waiting for this exact thing. You should think about expanding it, and definitly giving it it's own thread/wiki page.

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Soar at Dec 7, 2008 1:27:30 AM]
[Dec 7, 2008 12:42:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

If you don't mind I'd like to borrow your tech to put in a refresh button for the crew list in the coming QM patch.

Go ahead and use any part of it. One of the ways I learn about programs like Excel is by doing things like this. This was the first time I've set up a macro.

Just a quick suggestion for the vessel report tool. An extra column where the users can manually enter the vessel owner name might go down well. If possible, making it a dropdown menu type thing containing all previously entered owners, but I'm not really up to date on the magic tricks of excel :].
What you have created here is extremely useful and I know a great many have been waiting for this exact thing. You should think about expanding it, and definitly giving it it's own thread/wiki page.

I could try something like that. I've played around with the form option before at one of my past jobs, so that could work well.
Sig

[Dec 7, 2008 3:42:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
Wheebiscuit

Another quick suggestion would be a column that would list the arch for each ship / island. It would require having a lookup table for each island on each ocean, and their respective archipelagos. I think all that info is easily gotten from the Yppedia. Doing the table lookup might require a fair amount of coding, I'm not sure. I haven't done one in over 10 years.

~ Aarghbird
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes
[Dec 8, 2008 9:10:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

Ok, I've gone and made a thread for the spread sheet and have added a few buttons to it.

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=116665
Sig

[Dec 8, 2008 9:20:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates