• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 46
Posts: 46   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5369 times and has 45 replies Next Thread
Puremonopoly

greenie mistake is it ethical?

erased
----------------------------------------
GENERAL ENTERPRISE is recruiting all eager pirates to join a GREAT crew STRONG FUN AND FAIR send me a tell to join GENERAL ENTERPRISE.

GENERAL ENTERPRISE is paying reasonable amount of poe to all small crews who merge with General Enterprise.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puremonopoly at Jun 8, 2008 8:56:16 PM]
[May 15, 2008 5:31:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RoyalHeart

Re: greenie mistake is it ethical?

Well, IN your case you said you were suppose to sell your Dhow and Forgot to put the Deed in the trade. BUt you said you would sell it wich means you had to give it if he gave you the money for it. But for your officer wich claimed 2 sloop. Well they were already Unclaimed so anyone could have taken them. So his thing is legal. Unlike you which had to sell your dhow. You did the good thing to give it ^_^

If i get it right then its not really the greenies fault. Its more of yours because you didnt put the deed in the trade before accepting
RoyalHeart
Senior Officer and Ambassador of the Elite Corsairs
Member of Rum Soaked Devils
Viridian and Malachite Ocean (~Only~)

Little monkey says :'' I need coin... ''
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RoyalHeart at May 15, 2008 5:40:35 PM]
[May 15, 2008 5:39:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
da_ripper

Your post confuses me.

From what I understood, you forgot to put the deed in the trade interface, and the person was quick to click accept, and now you are asking why you should give him the longship.

Please tell me if I am right so I can go on ranting about how wrong this is, to even ask if you have to give him the ship.

Game over. Winner: Expel.
Antix says, "Expel just pikachu'd the charizard out of him"
Antix says, "Nice one"
Expel says, "Super effective"

Chimeravirus of Viridian.
[May 15, 2008 5:45:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Puremonopoly

erased
GENERAL ENTERPRISE is recruiting all eager pirates to join a GREAT crew STRONG FUN AND FAIR send me a tell to join GENERAL ENTERPRISE.

GENERAL ENTERPRISE is paying reasonable amount of poe to all small crews who merge with General Enterprise.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puremonopoly at Jun 8, 2008 8:56:31 PM]
[May 15, 2008 5:48:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NathanShawn

Still you should have put the longship in before clicking acept since you had already agreed to the terms before...
Nathanshawn:
Something of the crew Truth be Told.
Something else of the flag United we Stand.

~Hai ai r Nayfin, Ai ish a Polar Bear.~
[May 15, 2008 5:52:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
da_ripper

kinda. but he i send him trade he aceet he puttet 60k and accepted in uder 3 sec. in 3 sec i place my mouse on the booty tab

So he was just quick to accept, a simple mistake. That doesn't mean you cash in on it and don't give him the boat. That is called being greedy.

Game over. Winner: Expel.
Antix says, "Expel just pikachu'd the charizard out of him"
Antix says, "Nice one"
Expel says, "Super effective"

Chimeravirus of Viridian.
[May 15, 2008 5:52:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Puremonopoly

erased

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Puremonopoly at Jun 8, 2008 8:56:45 PM]
[May 15, 2008 5:59:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
andman

true.

ok heres a scammer who scammed me.

i lend him 10k to poker

he gets 100k

he says if i give him a sloop he will give me 100k

but i have to give him the sloop first.

so i did.

do you know what happen next.

he opend another application and traded everything he had to that account. and i reported him. do you know what i get i get nothing and he stills plays and still mock me. that is why people that buy dubs gets first priority and they can get away with scams

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Think of how betrayed you felt, do you wish that upon another innocent person?
Iollipop!
ooh baby baby.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by andman at May 15, 2008 6:00:58 PM]
[May 15, 2008 6:00:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/thethoughtfuloblivion    hello4am [Link]  Go to top 
Puremonopoly

erased

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puremonopoly at Jun 8, 2008 8:56:56 PM]
[May 15, 2008 6:02:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Justinmickey

i lend him 10k to poker

he gets 100k from poker

Sorry, but I've got to point out a few things.
#1. Why didn't you just trade a sloop for 100k in the trade request?
#2. I would be suspicious, I don't know about you, but didn't you ever think "Hey, he could just use the 100k to buy himself a 20k sloop, and still have 80k left over.
#3. (going along the lines of #1. So, your saying that you have to give him the sloop first, accept the trade request, then do another trade request for 100k? Thats a bit odd?

Edit:
Also, I'd like to comment on your first problem.
If he traded the 60k first, and accidentally clicked check, then you accepted the trade, you should give him the longship. Yes, he did cuss ye out, but sometimes you've just got to be the better peron and just give the person what they want. Also, you can make them think how immature they were by cussing ye out by saying (sarcasm intended), "Wow, your mature. :)".
Modern, Emerald.
Spam, Meridian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Justinmickey at May 15, 2008 6:23:24 PM]
[May 15, 2008 6:19:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
andman

You like to see other people suffer just because you have?

That is kind of sick.
Iollipop!
ooh baby baby.
[May 15, 2008 6:35:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/thethoughtfuloblivion    hello4am [Link]  Go to top 
KonfuZer

I'd like to know what your name is... so I can plank you if you ever come on one of my ships.
~ Reepacheep
:: Found on the Meridian Ocean
:: Sail with me
[May 15, 2008 7:08:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Puremonopoly

erased

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puremonopoly at Jun 8, 2008 8:57:16 PM]
[May 15, 2008 7:11:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Puremonopoly

erased

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puremonopoly at Jun 8, 2008 8:57:26 PM]
[May 15, 2008 7:16:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Puremonopoly

erased

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puremonopoly at Jun 8, 2008 8:57:43 PM]
[May 15, 2008 7:17:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jolyma

1. No there is no amendment that says if one person gets scammed, then you have the right to scam others.

2. You cannot delete a thread that has replies.

3. What you would have been banned for is scamming, which is what you were contemplating doing. You saw he had accept clicked, and you clicked it, without giving him what you were trading for.

4. Thank you for putting you crew's name in your sig so I can look you up and join Reep in planking you.
Jolyma

[May 15, 2008 7:21:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Puremonopoly

erased

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puremonopoly at Jun 8, 2008 8:58:45 PM]
[May 15, 2008 7:26:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KonfuZer

1. No there is no amendment that says if one person gets scammed, then you have the right to scam others.

2. You cannot delete a thread that has replies.

3. What you would have been banned for is scamming, which is what you were contemplating doing. You saw he had accept clicked, and you clicked it, without giving him what you were trading for.

4. Thank you for putting you crew's name in your sig so I can look you up and join Reep in planking you.

Thanks Joly, but I already checked that... there's no such crew on Viridian.
~ Reepacheep
[May 15, 2008 7:28:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Puremonopoly

erased

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puremonopoly at Jun 8, 2008 8:58:55 PM]
[May 15, 2008 7:29:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jolyma

You wanted to scam a greenie, got mad the OM said you'd be banned if you did it, whined on the forums, then you're surprised when people disagree with you?

And your crew doesn't exist on Viridian, are you sure you're in the right forums?

If you want this to go away, you can ask an OM to lock it, PM one of them.
Jolyma

[May 15, 2008 7:29:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Puremonopoly

erased

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puremonopoly at Jun 8, 2008 8:59:18 PM]
[May 15, 2008 7:34:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Puremonopoly

erased

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puremonopoly at Jun 8, 2008 8:59:30 PM]
[May 15, 2008 7:36:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

To answer your question:

No, it is not ethical to cheat someone. Not even if they were too hasty to push a button, and not even if you have been cheated by someone else. It just isn't.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[May 15, 2008 7:54:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Puremonopoly

erased

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puremonopoly at Jun 8, 2008 8:59:44 PM]
[May 15, 2008 7:55:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KonfuZer

ok i understand.

all i just wanted to hear is good job for doing the right things and thats all. is that so hard to get?

Yes, because you made it sound like the only reason you gave the guy his ship was because you feared the wrath of the ocean master.
~ Reepacheep
[May 15, 2008 8:44:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ariel_mac

??? great now i got enemies.

why can't we all get along.

bottom point i did the right thing. and i get enemies

and scammer's does the right thing and get no enemies why attack the good guy?

ain't fair

The

right

thing

to

do

would

have

been

to

give

him

his

poe

back
~ Arielmac (all oceans except Atlantic)

[May 15, 2008 8:47:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PGoog

did anyone post this in sage parlay to show what an idiot this guy is?
and to be fair, the wrath of an oceanmaster isn't that bad. i've taken the brunt of it who KNOWS how many times with only a few (dozen) suspensions.
[May 15, 2008 10:01:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
The_Joker_

ROMS is dead right now and I'm bored, so I'll troll.

and whats the definition of a scam?

Scam is when someone makes a mstake by giving you money without you giving them a ship even though you said you would, and you saying you won't give them a ship.

You scammed them, even though they pushed the buh-an, when you didn't immediately offer to trade again or /pay them the poe back.

There's your answer. Now stop being an immature [mule] and we'll stop feeding your ego. Too bad you weren't banned for your attitude and for having to have the OM get in the middle, bub.
It's all... part of the Plan.

Let's put a smile on that face!

RIP, Heath.
[May 15, 2008 10:20:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ridley26

true.

ok heres a scammer who scammed me.

i lend him 10k to poker

he gets 100k from poker

so i did.

do you know what happen next.

he opend another application and traded everything he had to that account. and i reported him. do you know what i get i get nothing and he stills plays and still mock me. that is why people that buy dubs gets first priority and they can get away with scams

Everything that you have said tells me that your a greenie, If someone does something bad to you, (touching you counts as bad :( ) you are annoyed, angry, you do not retaliate by going and doing the same thing to someone else, how does that make you any different to them?
If someone asks you to trade with them, but does not offer their part of the deal, do not trade with them, otherwise why would they give it to you after?
But if you are in a trade with someone, give them your part of the deal, even if they make a silly mistake, he was right to swear at you, it would be the same as going into a rl shop, going to the counter to pay for something, then not and walking out the store, he would swear and curse at you. In rl it is illegal, why should it be any different on here?
I personally do give my bestest buds things and not expect something in return immediately, because i have known them for a long time, and therefore know they will give it back. There is a difference between complete trust, and liking someone, even if something seems as an amazing deal, dont be a fool and not get your part of the deal
Your secret admirer.
Identity shall remain hidden for i shall be not
judged by whom i am
[May 16, 2008 2:21:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
darroc

wait. isn't this the sage parley?

LOL

all i just wanted to hear is good job for doing the right things and thats all. is that so hard to get?

Your conscience should have already covered that. If you have one.
You want us to congratulate you on resisting the temptation to scam? Might have been wiser to keep it to yourself and feel lucky that you didn't succumb.

Everything that you have said tells me that your a greenie you are immature

Fixed.

Green does not equal immature.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by darroc at May 16, 2008 6:03:37 AM]
[May 16, 2008 6:00:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 46   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates