• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 235
Posts: 235   Pages: 8   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 66663 times and has 234 replies Next Thread
first_mate94

Re: Valentine's Event! Win nauseating stuff!

WHERE will the winners be anounced?
----------------------------------------
Redu on Sage
[Jan 27, 2007 7:03:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
krisnpooky

I was wondering if an entry by created two people will be allowed?
*Krissybaby*
On All Oceans
[Jan 27, 2007 8:28:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
flepnerg

I think this was asked before, but never answered.
Are we allowed to include both lets say a letter, along with some art all in one entry devoted to one OM/Dev?
~Surmuck
Query
~Surmuck
Viridian
[Jan 27, 2007 10:10:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sabbichan

But nauseating stuff is fun!

If you make something physical and also want to send it in, then PM Thalette to arrange this.

Before I bother Thalette, are their rules that define the "something physical" which we can send in? Size limits, weight limits, non-perishables, etc.? Should something physical be along the lines of large, well-made prints of moodily-lit photographs of interesting kitchen utensils?
[Jan 27, 2007 10:38:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
satin11

Re: But nauseating stuff is fun!

If you make something physical and also want to send it in, then PM Thalette to arrange this.

Before I bother Thalette, are their rules that define the "something physical" which we can send in? Size limits, weight limits, non-perishables, etc.? Should something physical be along the lines of large, well-made prints of moodily-lit photographs of interesting kitchen utensils?

Interested in this too. I'm planning on sending a couple things in...:)
~Satin~
Cobalt/Sage
Nem wrote: 
I think this is the first thread I've seen that claims there aren't enough 'donkeys' in the game. Maybe you're hanging out with the wrong pirates.

[Jan 28, 2007 12:29:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/satin1111111/ [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

I was wondering if an entry by created two people will be allowed?
If two people make an entry, that's fine, as long as you're willing to share the prize if you win one. Any prize would go by default to the person that posts.

Mmmmmmmm, kiiiiitchen utensiiiiils... *cough* Sorry. Lost myself for a bit there. First, be clear that you don't have to send anything physical in at all. This is purely if you end up making something and have a desire to send it in. I would think that size/weight limits are your choice, as they will affect mailing costs. Other constraints - I'll check with Thalette. I would think that perishables are fine as long as they're coming a short distance, aren't acutely perishable (chocolates good, bananas bad) and you're happy for the people in the Office to demolish them rather than them being forwarded anywhere else. For something essential two-dimensional (like the delicious kitchen-utensil pictures) there is probably less to be gained from sending something in, but I don't remember seeing any whisk or spoon pictures in the Office, so who knows? ;) If you have any specific questions, or want to check on something unusual, PM Thalette. If there's an answer that would benefit from being shared generally, she will post the information in here.

I think this was asked before, but never answered.
Are we allowed to include both lets say a letter, along with some art all in one entry devoted to one OM/Dev?
~Surmuck
Yes, as long as it's in one post.

WHERE will the winners be anounced?

In this thread. I will change the thread title to say "Winners Announced" and include a link to the winners' post in the first post.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Apollo at Jan 28, 2007 12:46:59 AM]
[Jan 28, 2007 12:45:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Saltake

Will there only be given out 1 Familiar for the overall winner or a Familiar per section (OMs A-E; OMs F-Z; Devs)?
Saltake
Martobain says, "Your standing in Bringing weed to Belgium from A'dam without getting caught went up and is now Respected in the whole ocean!"
[Jan 28, 2007 1:57:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
auron71

Write a story! Write a poem! Draw a picture or an avatar! Sing a song! Create a YouTube Video! Make a photo/screenshot collage! Knit a hat! Make a doll! Send in a photograph of yourself in a public place with a sign saying "I <3 Eurydice"! Create an original romantic dinner menu! Tell us a scheduled itinerary of an imagined romantic day! Take moodily-lit photographs of interesting kitchen utensils!

DARN!! Im no good at all that stuff...*sighs* i guess ill have to find another way to get 1 on 1 time with celph to get that trophy info we all want. =)
Seymour of viridian
[Jan 28, 2007 6:50:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
catzubmsve

In other news, its possible to wrap a box in a box...

And, can you wrap another box that is wrapped in a box with another box and so on and so forth until you have a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box?

and inside the last box is???

Yay!!! a golden apple...but don't try to bite into it or you'll be going to visit the dentist for valentines day...which would be REALLY harsh! :P
Redbrdterry (on all oceans)
Senior Officer of the crew Mermaids Typhoon
Lord of the flag Puzzleholics Anonymous
[Jan 28, 2007 7:11:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    sensualtzer    averyrealboy [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Will there only be given out 1 Familiar for the overall winner or a Familiar per section (OMs A-E; OMs F-Z; Devs)?

The split is purely to keep the entry threads manageable. Just one familiar will be won.
[Jan 28, 2007 10:14:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
sseth

The split is purely to keep the entry threads manageable. Just one familiar will be won.

Aw.. not even those special valentine-familiars? ;)

Sseth

Frootloot, my short YPP animation film
[Jan 28, 2007 10:35:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

*laughs* Everyone should have one! :)

In other news... I have been getting a lot of PMs asking me to make edits to entry posts / delete posts / fix links / fix images / tidy up, etc. I will be deleting some posts as I bilge the entry threads every now and again, but on the basis of the number of requests for edits I've had, I think I really have to say now that I can't do this. I strongly suggest that you check your text carefully before you hit the Post button, and that you use Preview to check format, quotes, images, links, etc, are working.

My apologies to people that I'm letting down, but I think there will be a lot of entries and I can't be fixing them all!

If you completely booch an entry post, then feel free to post a second one with the corrected links or images. However, my best advice is to check more thoroughly before posting the first time!
[Jan 28, 2007 1:09:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
evermind

*laughs* Everyone should have one! :)

In other news... I have been getting a lot of PMs asking me to make edits to entry posts / delete posts / fix links / fix images / tidy up, etc. I will be deleting some posts as I bilge the entry threads every now and again, but on the basis of the number of requests for edits I've had, I think I really have to say now that I can't do this. I strongly suggest that you check your text carefully before you hit the Post button, and that you use Preview to check format, quotes, images, links, etc, are working.

My apologies to people that I'm letting down, but I think there will be a lot of entries and I can't be fixing them all!

If you completely booch an entry post, then feel free to post a second one with the corrected links or images. However, my best advice is to check more thoroughly before posting the first time!

A sneaky way to change the image is to use a website like Photobucket, where you can "update" the image with the same url by deleting it and uploading another one by the same name. It's useful if you need to fix little things in your art and can't edit.
[Art Commissions - Closed][DeviantArt]
[Jan 28, 2007 1:13:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    skyscape6 [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

A sneaky way to change the image is to use a website like Photobucket, where you can "update" the image with the same url by deleting it and uploading another one by the same name. It's useful if you need to fix little things in your art and can't edit.

Aye, I haven't been asked to changed an actual image url so far, but that's a good way round it if you need to update your entry.
[Jan 28, 2007 1:19:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
da_ripper

That doll thing is a good idea for a portrit o.O.

Game over. Winner: Expel.
Antix says, "Expel just pikachu'd the charizard out of him"
Antix says, "Nice one"
Expel says, "Super effective"

Chimeravirus of Viridian.
[Jan 28, 2007 4:15:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KelsixMarie

So, You have to be an OceanMaster or Develepor eh?
Darn.. Too bad,

Haha. So, Normal Players cant enter? I have great ideas.

If anyone is puzzled, and has NO idea what to do, let me know. And if you win, let me know also. My screenname is Kelsixxmarie.

Thanks,
-* /Kelsixxmarie, (New account is Chouettex) on the Hunter Ocean.
Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Copyright © 2007. Kelsixxmarie
[Jan 28, 2007 4:36:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

So, You have to be an OceanMaster or Develepor eh?
Darn.. Too bad,

Haha. So, Normal Players cant enter? I have great ideas.

You don't have to be an OceanMaster or Developer to *enter*. The targets of the tokens should be OMs or Devs, but anyone can enter.
[Jan 28, 2007 4:44:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
da_ripper

I have an awesome idea!

If we do decide to play a song on the viola, does it have to be love-ish or can it be creepy. And does it have to be our own or can we use someone elses music and come up with lyrics or a storyline to it?

Game over. Winner: Expel.
Antix says, "Expel just pikachu'd the charizard out of him"
Antix says, "Nice one"
Expel says, "Super effective"

Chimeravirus of Viridian.
[Jan 28, 2007 4:46:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moon_goddess

man how i wish you could take portraits with the dolls.....
Chicka ~<Cobalt>~
[Jan 28, 2007 7:42:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zandia

I have an awesome idea!

If we do decide to play a song on the viola, does it have to be love-ish or can it be creepy. And does it have to be our own or can we use someone elses music and come up with lyrics or a storyline to it?

lol! I was thinking of pulling my viola out of the closet and write a song too, but I fear that it has been years since i've played and I wouldn't want to be responsible for bursting anyone's eardrums. But I would love to hear your entry!

On a side note, does anyone want to dance? Cephalopod excluded, I've heard he has eight left feet...anyone...anyone?
Teh Eighth
[Jan 28, 2007 8:24:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Elianna

I have a question. You say entries to two oms and one dev. Can I possibly make it one om and two devs? Don't make me cry in having to choose between the devs of my choice. :(

No, sorry.
Only one Dev or there will be Too Much DevLove. The Valentine Code is a harsh master, and hard choices come with the territory.

Fine I'm off to cry.....

And to KP: I get it now. Pogo explained it to me. :P I didn't get the shoes part.....

Maybe it has to do with shoe size? :P
that would be funny to see on mythbusters

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with shoes, mate.
The monkeys are listening...
E l i a n n a
[Jan 28, 2007 9:16:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ROCKAB88M

I'm useless at things like this and I've never managed to do something like that for someone I was actually in love with. I will therefore proceed to play Sweet Child o' Mine VERY loudly and forget this competition along with all my other troubles.

/me curses the Ocean Masters for not challenging me to a PvP instead of all this luvvy duvvy stuff

Aphrodite tells you, "I never pay for hugs. :)"

Rockerman says, "Maybe Cleaver's sick."
Istarion says, "Cleaver's always sick."

[Jan 29, 2007 4:13:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ROCKAB88M

Yes I have an idea, I will write a new set of lyrics for that song! It won't win but what the hell, I'm bored.

[Jan 29, 2007 4:15:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ROCKAB88M

/me attempts this impossible task

[Jan 29, 2007 4:21:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PogoBeta

Write a story! Write a poem! Draw a picture or an avatar! Sing a song! Create a YouTube Video! Make a photo/screenshot collage! Knit a hat! Make a doll! Send in a photograph of yourself in a public place with a sign saying "I <3 Eurydice"! Create an original romantic dinner menu! Tell us a scheduled itinerary of an imagined romantic day! Take moodily-lit photographs of interesting kitchen utensils!

DARN!! Im no good at all that stuff...*sighs* i guess ill have to find another way to get 1 on 1 time with celph to get that trophy info we all want. =)

Don't Worry. I'm sure there's some way you can make a valentine that impresses the staff...
Pogo on Midnight

I used to have an avatar shop
for someone this washed up, you'd think i'd be a little cleaner...
[Jan 29, 2007 4:43:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

Why would you send the OMs funny green pieces of paper? :(
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Jan 29, 2007 5:55:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PogoBeta

Why would you send the OMs funny green pieces of paper? :(

They're unfilled bid tickets.
Pogo on Midnight

I used to have an avatar shop
for someone this washed up, you'd think i'd be a little cleaner...
[Jan 29, 2007 6:05:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bluekazoo

In other news, its possible to wrap a box in a box...

And, can you wrap another box that is wrapped in a box with another box and so on and so forth until you have a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box?

and inside the last box is???

Yay!!! a golden apple...but don't try to bite into it or you'll be going to visit the dentist for valentines day...which would be REALLY harsh! :P

Dentists need love too...
[Jan 29, 2007 9:34:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ddraigeneth

Well, since my first idea went down the tubes as I was reading through the rules... (blast it, Apollo, so sneaky =p)

Just one question: Who's responsible for the Princess Bride references with the skellies? Because seriously, that person has my heart forever ;)

"You seem a decent fellow, I hate to kill you..."

Gwiddon d'Sage - Making her own avatars since 2005
DeviantART

Is yer sword a foil?
[Jan 29, 2007 11:05:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cnj6768

ROFL so sorry, my pologies for this post being way off topic but DANG I love your sig Ddraigeneth LOLOL

~you may resume your regularly scheduled postings now~

/end derail :P
-Cpt. JNC of Di Cerberus/ Queen of Arcana Imerii
[Jan 29, 2007 11:19:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.artificialintel.org    carrienjerry2002    GBG68 [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 235   Pages: 8   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates