• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 15
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2345 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
FenrirWolf

Birthday GF Pillage on Feb 1st Reply to this Post

My birthday's on January 31st and to celebrate, I'll be hosting a GF pillage on February 1st.

When: Feb 1st, 2:30PM game time. (i'm shooting for a 3-4 hour pillage)
What: Pillage on a grand frigate.
Where: Quetzal-Saiph route on the Hunter ocean.

I intend to run a GF pillage, and see what can be done to keep battles relatively short. I'll be watching closely to see if there's any kind of pattern to how soon the brigands begin to run from a filled GF. With any luck, we'll be able to get a good number of shots in and grapple before they go into running-mode.

Very few full GF runs have been made recently, and many people are curious what sort of payout plateaus can be reached with a full GF. Subbers, keep in mind that 42 doubloons can buy you a month-worth of subscription, so poe made on Hunter won't be entirely wasted. Doubbers, you know of course that doubs can be transfered to your home ocean.

Following the pillage, if we have enough people, we will attempt to defeat the black ship for a second time.
----------------------------------------
Fenrir , the one with a crappy signature.

The Eye - Former King
Odin's Demise - Former Captain
[Jan 19, 2007 10:51:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Re: Birthday GF Pillage on Feb 1st Reply to this Post

Save a bilge pump for me!
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jan 19, 2007 7:19:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
brainbeard

Save a bilge pump for me!

Races for the one near the helm!
Pheonixflame-Viridian
Phoenixflame-Hunter
Phoenixflame-Sage

Fightin' on!
[Jan 19, 2007 8:25:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
synnah

hope to make it for part of the trip!

Happy Birthday! :D
Captain of iCrew
Princess of Coerced Coexistence
Obsessed owner of Casual Tees on Aimuari
Loco JC of (ding ding!) happy happy fun time (aka Hush)
[Jan 30, 2007 9:17:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.cgdesigns.com    vanyella    VNSynnah    12532029 [Link]  Go to top 
maxdsterling

aww right when i have my classes... I'll pick it up on the return leg if you guys are still going by 5pm
Silverspoon
Retired Senior Officer of The Eternal Hydrae
Echidna's Children
[Jan 31, 2007 11:28:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
slntslayer

Shouldn't this be in the Hunter Ocean Events Section of the Forums?

Why is it in the all ocean events forum.

You're not better than anyone else...please only post where appropriate. Thanks.
When all else fails, go blow something up.
I'm a BK hunting trollop, and how!
Rehio wrote: 
There's gotta be some law that prohibits Rashnu from having any sort of contact with greenies.

Rashnu
i R slo kiddo.....
[Jan 31, 2007 3:02:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

You're not better than anyone else...please only post where appropriate. Thanks.

Actually, he is known on multiple oceans and has friends on multiple oceans so it does belong here since he is inviting all oceans to come and have fun. And people wonder why I left Cobalt...the answer...its too cocky .
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jan 31, 2007 4:03:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kgarrett1969

Actually Synful is correct and I believe he was trying to get the word out to mates like me who remained on Viridian when he and the majority of OD moved to Hunter. I for one am greatful that Fenrir took the time to post in the Viridian Forums since I do not read the Hunter forums.

That being said I will be there to help you on your Birthday pillage Fen!
Hawkings
Fleet Officer of Silver Dragons
Citizen of Meridian

Apollo wrote, "Hawkings has changed my life. ;)"
[Feb 1, 2007 4:43:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
slntslayer

I merely stated my opinion since the event is taking place on Hunter and not on every ocean.
When all else fails, go blow something up.
I'm a BK hunting trollop, and how!
Rehio wrote: 
There's gotta be some law that prohibits Rashnu from having any sort of contact with greenies.

Rashnu
i R slo kiddo.....
[Feb 1, 2007 9:39:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FenrirWolf

Slntslayer,

It's a point well taken and I did debate about whether or not I should post here. Like Hawkings said though, I did want to get the word out to all my hearties who play on other oceans. I figured it was warrented given that Poe made on Hunter can easily be transfered to other doubloon oceans via doubloons, and with a bit more work can go towards a month of doubscription for all the subbers out there.

In addition, full GF pillages are a pretty rare occurrence on all oceans. I can understand why many people would not be interested in attending one, especially when not on their home ocean, but I figured that if anyone from any ocean had a desire to get on a full GF, they'd be happy to know about an event like this.

Finally, I know at least a few navvers from other oceans have lots of questions about how full GF pillages work. There just aren't enough data points to really get a good feel for where the booty maxes out, or for figuring out rules on when the brigands will begin to run, or for knowing how difficult the swordfights will be. I'm hoping that this pillage will be able to provide navvers from all oceans with at least some useful information.

Anyway,

Please do come out to this pillage. It's very difficult to fill a grand frig, but I'm hoping that we'll be able to tonight. The ship has a full compliment of gaming tables, as well as a tournament board and a portrait easel to keep all the pirates who can't get an open station occupied.

The Eye - Former King
[Feb 1, 2007 10:12:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FenrirWolf

After spending 500k on paint, stock and game tables to prepare for the pillage and taking off work early, we got a reboot 5-6 battles in. At peak we had about 120 puzzlers.

The Eye - Former King
[Feb 1, 2007 4:25:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

After spending 500k on paint, stock and game tables to prepare for the pillage and taking off work early, we got a reboot 5-6 battles in. At peak we had about 120 puzzlers.

Awww...ye gotta do it again...
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Feb 1, 2007 4:41:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
synnah

doing it again would be great, knowing that the pilly would actually *last* a while and not be cut WAY short by a reboot would be MUCH better.

I'm floored, annoyed, and UGH annoyed :p

/e posts after Syn to make things fun.
Captain of iCrew
[Feb 1, 2007 4:46:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.cgdesigns.com    vanyella    VNSynnah    12532029 [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Maybe they'll finally realize we are two different people ;p
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Feb 1, 2007 4:49:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
synnah

Maybe they'll finally realize we are two different people ;p

haha if it happens I'll let'cha know... please do the same <3

ps, I love yer name (is it bad we've never actually chatted in game?) hehe
Captain of iCrew
[Feb 1, 2007 10:05:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.cgdesigns.com    vanyella    VNSynnah    12532029 [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates