• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 18
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2133 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
Shuranthae

Brb Reply to this Post

Shuranthae says, "be right back!"
Shuranthae says, "It annoys me that be right back doesn't capitialize the B if I type B r b"
Noxi says, "YES."
Ganimede says, "be right back"
Ganimede says, "sorry, i was trying to capitalize the B"
Shuranthae laughs
Jazzmyn laughs
Noxi laughs.. I was wondering.
Shuranthae says, "I almost want to make a post about that"
Noxi says, "You so should. And then make one about me not being able to post entire paragraphs in all capitals when I feel like spazzing."
[Dec 27, 2006 1:26:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
aargang91

Re: Brb Reply to this Post

Yeah, I've always wondered about that too!

Same with:

thx (thanks)
bbl (be back later)
stfu (shut yer trap)
gl (good luck)

I hope the Rigners will somehow change it to start with capitals
----------------------------------------
- Danish

Twiggy wrote:

Anyhoo, we got engaged by a Master of Riddles cutter. That entire pvp was like watching two retards fight with projectile vomit on an ice skating rink. Stick to brigands, both of you

[Dec 27, 2006 3:50:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

But think, what if brb is used in the middle of a sentence...

I'm gonna Be right back.
Going to get a drink, Be right back.

These will look weird then. Perhaps brb should stay be right back and Brb should become Be right back. That way you can decide yourself if it should have a capital or not.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Dec 27, 2006 4:27:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
llamadog903

Why not actually type out "be right back"?
[Dec 27, 2006 4:40:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EvilAurian

sometimes you need to let people know fast that you are not at your keyboard, like when the doorbell rings, or your kids pull over the christmas tree, or whatever.
Evilaurian
[Dec 27, 2006 4:47:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

I can think of few situations in life that would not justify the use of that precious extra quarter-second that it takes to type your words out fully.
Fronsac, human.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Dec 27, 2006 5:01:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

some people type fast. I can type "be right back" almost as fast as typing "brb".

others type very slowly. very very slowly in some cases for that matter. for those people, brb is a godsend when the phone rings, the doorbell rings, a kid comes in with a bloody nose, etc. - because otherwise it's just not typing anything at all, just leaving.
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight
[Dec 27, 2006 5:13:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

I always wanted to start a flag with the initials BRB, so people couldn't abbreviate it.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Dec 27, 2006 7:03:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KingOfZeal

I always wanted to start a flag with the initials BRB, so people couldn't abbreviate it.

Black Rodent Brigade?
Yamorg, Captain and Navigator
Founder, Privately Funded Pirates Association©
Midnight Ocean

[14:37:38] Mystere says, "Those without a barnacle , please come aboard the Pretty Gar"

[Dec 27, 2006 7:12:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    KingOfZeal [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

fanta wrote: 
But think, what if brb is used in the middle of a sentence...

I'm gonna Be right back.
Going to get a drink, Be right back.

These will look weird then. Perhaps brb should stay be right back and Brb should become Be right back. That way you can decide yourself if it should have a capital or not.

The point made in the OP was that if you type "Brb" then it should be transformed to "Be right back" instead of "be right back". And people have said the same of "Gg" and "Gl".

<slight derail>Sorry for doing this again shur (the derail), but I'm going to throw out that I'd like to be able to turn on and off this filter. Because when I type omg!!!, or ty, that's how I want it read. If I wanted it read in any other manner, then I would have typed it in that manner. </slight derail>
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Dec 27, 2006 7:17:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
TianX9

Ooh, I'd like that too. My OMGWTFLOLBBQ just doesn't come out right in this game.
[Dec 27, 2006 7:21:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Well, just like the naughty word filter, just because you have it set one way, doesn't mean that everyone else will.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Dec 27, 2006 7:24:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
P1P3L1N3

Noxi says, "You so should. And then make one about me not being able to post entire paragraphs in all capitals when I feel like spazzing."

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=53911#896488

- Pipeline,
;-)
Pipeline of Viridian
[Dec 27, 2006 1:59:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chupchup

Yeah, it has happened more than once that I've been made to say something like:

Ljamethyst laughs is the best flag ever!

The pirate formerly known as Ljamethyst.

I think the Sublime trophy is a happy idea. Sublime is to be celebrated.

[Dec 27, 2006 4:25:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Ljamethyst [Link]  Go to top 
Grayside

When I read internet leet-speak in my pirate universe I want to plank things.

Anyway, Carryover Capitalization++
Firestone, Captain, Mad Tea Party, Cobalt
Gallant, PotD, Midnight

[Dec 28, 2006 4:50:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://grayside.org/ypp/mayhem    Tires.Pirate [Link]  Go to top 
Shuranthae

Re: This is probably why pasting of tells is frowned upon Reply to this Post

Darvid tells you, "the worst part is that Thank ye capitalized even in the middle of a sentence."
Darvid tells you, "and i can't post about it... woe is me."
[Dec 28, 2006 5:09:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kewene

I'm almost sure that nobody uses 'gg'(good game) and 'gl'(good luck) in the middle of a sentence. I say 'Good luck' and 'Nice game' but I admit it would be easier to just type 'gl' and 'gg'. Most people also use 'Be right back' although I think it's not correct (I think it's I will be right back, or something).

About the Thank ye part, you can either:
*Type 'thank ye'
*Type 'thx' (which shows as 'thanks')

~Kew
Guiido on Jade, Keweney on Sage and Viridian!
[Dec 28, 2006 5:43:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/index [Link]  Go to top 
Grayside

I have noticed that most people don't capitalize there sentences in game. This thread needs a fork in parley ;P
Firestone, Captain, Mad Tea Party, Cobalt
Gallant, PotD, Midnight

[Dec 28, 2006 7:53:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://grayside.org/ypp/mayhem    Tires.Pirate [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates