• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 21
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3554 times and has 20 replies Next Thread
Artemis
OceanMaster

Swordfighting Tournament | Parrot | Saturday April 3 at Noon Reply to this Post

You heard it here first folks, the event post will be put up and announced at, or around, 11:00am with 60 minutes to join. Good luck to everyone!

Where: Epsilon Inn
When: Saturday April 3 at Noon (PST)
Who: Everyone!
Format: Bring Your Own Sword, Best of 3

[size=24]The Winner was: Scott

Congratulations to Scott, the owner of a fine blue/cyan Parrot.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Artemis at Mar 20, 2004 1:15:07 AM]
[Mar 20, 2004 1:15:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wnorman

Re: Swordfighting Tournament | Parrot | Saturday April 3 at Noon Reply to this Post

PST I assume?

[Edit]Fixed
Shark
Captain of Ransack Marauders
Prince and Admiral of Silver Dawn

[size=9]Greenie says, "are you a rael shark/"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wnorman at Mar 20, 2004 3:00:48 AM]
[Mar 20, 2004 3:00:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Slummock

Re: Swordfighting Tournament | Parrot | Saturday April 3 at Noon Reply to this Post

heh, i thought it was today... oops
Glub (again)
[Mar 20, 2004 3:59:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pokeytax

I'll be there, hoping to suck the joy from the rest of the ocean!
Pokeytax on Malachite
Pokey on Midnight
[Mar 20, 2004 4:00:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crystallina

A swords tourney...with a familiar...just like the good old days...and it's a parrot, no less...

I am speechless.

/e clears her calendar
Rapmasta26, in a surprisingly accurate assessment of many posters' attitude towards things:

PLEASE PEOPLE, IF YOU DONT AGREE DONT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!

[Mar 20, 2004 4:50:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    YPP+Crystallina [Link]  Go to top 
Smurrf

/me camps out on Artemis' doorstep for the Drinkin' Familiar...
Hermit Smurrf
[Mar 20, 2004 4:51:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kilbia

/me hopes there will be an occasional Sunday event. Preferably a prattling-event.
Fetal Pirate courtesy of http://www.queenofwands.net/
[Mar 21, 2004 11:35:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AkMedic

Re: Swordfighting Tournament | Parrot | Saturday April 3 at Reply to this Post

Artemis wrote: 
You heard it here first folks, the event post will be put up and announced at, or around, 11:00am with 60 minutes to join. Good luck to everyone!

Where: Epsilon Inn
When: Saturday April 3 at Noon (PST)
Who: Everyone!
Format: Bring Your Own Sword, Best of 3

As owner of said in, we demand a cut of the parrot....a wing should suffice;)
Captain of the greatest crew in the seas.
King of the honorable and just flag Imperio.

Retired

Adversus solem ne loquitor
[Mar 22, 2004 3:25:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    AlaskanParamedic [Link]  Go to top 
Kilbia

The drumstick has more meat.
Fetal Pirate courtesy of http://www.queenofwands.net/
[Mar 22, 2004 3:43:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AkMedic

Kilbia wrote: 
The drumstick has more meat.

Aye, but parrot wings on the black market go for top poe!
Captain of the greatest crew in the seas.
King of the honorable and just flag Imperio.

Retired

Adversus solem ne loquitor
[Mar 22, 2004 4:31:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    AlaskanParamedic [Link]  Go to top 
Jacktheblack

Any chance I can be jobbed over?
[Mar 24, 2004 12:12:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jacktheblackypp    samergamer [Link]  Go to top 
ramirojr

I'm sure you'll find someone...

EDIT: I'M STUPID. DON'T LISTEN TO ME. ALSO, DON'T BOTHER YOUR OMS; THEY ARE BUSY ENOUGH AS IT IS. Find your own way there!
My backpacking buddy wrote: 
Remember that time we went through the Hall o'Precedents, then refused t'do it again? That Summer were the best.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by ramirojr at Mar 24, 2004 12:37:11 AM]
[Mar 24, 2004 12:37:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

ramirojr wrote: 
And yeah, OMs can normally getcha there.

Speak for yourself.

You can take a Navy ship to wherever it is to be held. Or talk to people on the docks and try to get someone to hop you over on their ship.
[Mar 24, 2004 1:08:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ramirojr

Hehe, sorry for the misinformation. In the past, I have been given whisks by...Cleaver, I guess... Although, those were to smaller events, and this one will most definitely be packed. So, yeah, my b.

EDIT: Previous post changed...don't hate me. :/
My backpacking buddy wrote: 
Remember that time we went through the Hall o'Precedents, then refused t'do it again? That Summer were the best.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by ramirojr at Mar 24, 2004 2:00:11 AM]
[Mar 24, 2004 2:00:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

We have and we do, but we also don't like being taxi's...

Best bet woudl be to take a Navy ship down from Alpha or Winter Solstice, I might get one of the larger ships headed down to emerald from winter for the event to make it a bit easier.
[Mar 24, 2004 2:58:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Slummock

its not this week either?

grrr, i'm sorely in need of a calender...
Glub (again)
[Mar 26, 2004 8:01:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

6 days.
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Mar 26, 2004 9:47:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Purple

ya all are lucky that i have work. if it wasnt for that, Purple would be there to win that bird. but ehh it isnt an octopuss so it just isnt as worth it.

i miss my tumor.
[Mar 30, 2004 12:40:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
trick44

For the unlucky (and subsequently upset) ones who cannot make this tournament, how long until or how likely is it that there will be another sword tournament with a familiar as prize?

Yeah, totally bummed~
-TK
[Apr 2, 2004 3:50:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SiLVeRD

trick44 wrote: 
For the unlucky (and subsequently upset) ones who cannot make this tournament, how long until or how likely is it that there will be another sword tournament with a familiar as prize?

Yeah, totally bummed~

poor TK *patpat*

another sf familar tourny? probably not for another 3-4 monthes i bet ....or more
The one & only SD, often imitated but never duplicated

If you gonna shoot for the stars, then just shoot me

If you let me you won't regret me,
Shii, if you let me you won't forget me
[Apr 2, 2004 4:33:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Please    No    Stalking me [Link]  Go to top 
Aur

trick44 wrote: 

Yeah, totally bummed~

The word was there will be two familiars given away each month. One in a puzzly type skill way such as a swordfighting tournament, drinking tourney, or duty puzzle bakeoff. The other being a more abstract method like a Recipe contest, Shanty competition, or Poetry contest, etc something not hard coded into the game.

So I bet SD is right in saying, don't count on a SWORD tourney showing up for quite a while.

I would bet most will be on Saturdays in the future since that's the day left open for events with OCL being on the other six days of the week.
~Aur
Original Riot Starter

"So now you know, and knowing is half the battle. The other half is HWFO." -Hermes
[Apr 2, 2004 4:43:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates