• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 17
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4718 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
Shorty_Jack

Greenie Weekend!

GREENIE WEEKEND!
presented by Dark Judgement
July 13 - July 16 2006

Are you a greenie or remember what it's like to be a greenie? Down on Lagniappe, we will be celebrating and having fun like the typical greenie! I encourage everyone to be a act like the cute respectful greenie we all know and love (trust me you want to)! You do not need to be a greenie to participate. Since "you" are a greenie, events have been spread out for time and ablitily to play the puzzles. All prizes are greenie related.

List of Events: (Times are listed in central but some asked for pst to prevent confusion - I think this just made it more confusing though)
Password - All Weekend!
TD Tourney - 4 pm (2 pm pst)
Drinking Tourney - 2 pm (12 pm pst)
Backwards Hide and Seek - 6 pm (4 pm pst)
Rumbling Tourny - 2 pm (12 pm pst)
I want that Box! - 3 pm (1 pm pst)
SF Tourny - 12 pm (10 am pst)
Able Only Pillage - 6 pm (4 pm pst)

*Prizes will be added as we recieve them!

Password (All Weekend)
All around Lagniappe, green letters (highly bolded and large) will be placed. Your job will be to find all the letters, rearrange the letters, to figure out the password/phrase. In order to win the prizes all you need to do is /tell me your answer. You can guess as many times as you want, but just guessing randomly might get you a mute. Good luck hunting and well figuring out the password! (Bonus if you can tell me what it's from.)
1st - 10k, fish (old)
2nd - 5k, fish (old)
3rd - 2k, fish (old)

Treasure Drop Tourny (Thrus July 13)

Turbo, NO Holes, Free Entry, Pot Bonus: 8k, TD table, male and female green striped shirts

Drinking Tourny (Fri July 14)
Play to 1500, 5 colors/shapes, no mugs, Free Entry, Pot Bonus: 8k, green goblet, male and female green striped pants

Backwards Hide and Seek (Fri July 14)
Free Entry
1st: 10k, Orange Daisy, Fish (Old)
2nd: 5k, Sand Dollar, Fish Skeleton
3rd: 5k, Lump of Coal, Fish Skeleton
Everyone who wishes to play will be asked to go to the Sips' Manor on Lagnaippe (ask for an invite or just come on in!) to start. While everyone is waiting to start. a list of several people will be hiding. The list of names will be added to the news in the throne room. Hints to their locations can also be found with /who <name>. The first 3 people to find everyone wins the prizes. If you decide to use a tell (typical greenie move) the person you are trying to find can either give you the answer or send you in the wrong direction. Once you find them you have to tell them I found you so they can send a tell to me and I can keep track with who found who.
Since there has been some confusion by a couple people let me clarify. When you find a person you CANNOT send them a tell saying I found you. You either must walk up to their circle or start a trade request so the person you found knows you were in the scene. If a hider feels like you did not really find him/her they do not need to send a tell back to me. Hopefully this prevents cheating.

Rumbling Tourny (Sat July 15)
One game per match, seeded by rating, no bludgeons, Free Entry, Pot Bonus: 8k, green/green rope coils, male green sleeping cap, female green feathered hat

I want that box! (Sat July 15)
I will have 30 boxes (prizes). In order to win one all you have to do is be the first answer a question/riddle correctly. When a person gets the question right they get to choose which box they want and whatever secret prize is waiting for them. I will only ask 29 questions/riddles. The last box will go up for auction with the starting price at 1 poe. Due to the amount of boxes, the number of participants expected, and quality of prizes one pirate can only win up to 5 prizes but are still able to bid on the last box. This event will be held on a war frigate so I will get the jobbing contacts to you when I can. If any problems send me a tell.
*We have the right to plank anyone taking enjoyment away from this game.

Swordfight Tourny (Sun July 16)
One Game per round, seeded by rating, Foils Only, Free Entry, Pot Bonus: 8k, green/green short sword, male green pants, female green wrap

Able Pillage (Sun July 16)
Remember being able? Or you are able? Well it's pillage time. Only a few people will be allowed to have good stats aboard this vessel such as the naver and gunners. All jobbers must have able stats! Come sailing with your alt and speaking like a greenie!
Naver: Squeakbeard
Gunners: Adesh, Earlone, Beardsly, Annaleese
No one else will be allowed aboard the vessel unless they have able stats! There is a reason for this! Trust me!

**BONUS PRIZES**

Throughout the entire weekend, bonus prizes will be given out to those who walk, talk, and dress like greenies! In order to win these prizes, talk to everyone, be friendly, and have fun! That person may just have a prize on them, however, you don't know if they do or don't! Please do not be annoying, this is for everyone to have fun, don't ruin this for others.
(While I encourage everyone to act, speak, and dress like greenies, remember that spamming, swearing, and going against the filter are still against the rules of the game. OMs are still able to punish you.)

For anyone wishing to help, donating prizes, hiding, etc. please contact Shortyjack or Annaleese! (There will also be a meeting at Lagniappe Palace closer to date, for all those will willing to help you must show up or get in touch with in game!)

Special Thanks to:
Adesh
Stuyvesant
Chewbacca
Apollo
Peeteegee
Feylind
Cookie Pirates of Crimson Tide
All members of Dark Judgement

EDIT: Times have changed and events switched!

EDIT again: All rules are subject to change without notice and at the will of the players organizing/hosting the events.
----------------------------------------
Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean
[Edit 9 times, last edit by Shorty_Jack at Jul 14, 2006 10:55:37 PM]
[Jun 24, 2006 9:13:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

Re: Greenie Weekend!

As an update, we have almost 100 bonus prizes! Seriously these are easy to earn and are really great prizes!

Also, the meeting for anyone wishing to help with this event, the meeting will take place July 9th at 2 pm pst at Sips Manor on Lagniappe. I ask that all helpers try to get in contact with Annaleese or myself before the meeting. I also ask that helpers be fleet officer or higher, played 4 months of pp, and show great trust. Reason for this is some helpers need to be able to answer common questions for the people who enter the events without reading any of the rules (I really hate when no one actually goes to this link) and some of you will be made bonus helpers. Bonus helpers will recieve x amount of prizes to be given away randomly (I will tell you more at the meeting), however I need to have trust in you to give you these prizes. I need to be able to know that these prizes are being given away to random people, not hearties, crewbies, flaggies, or you keep them for yourself.

If you wish to become a helper all you have to do is be on during the time of the event, which you are assigned/requested to or if a bonus person be on sometime between July 13-15. Remember a helper can do both! They can be a bonus person and a event helper!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Shorty_Jack at Jun 26, 2006 6:22:08 PM]
[Jun 26, 2006 2:03:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

u no, lal tihs event is teh Way of Sut'ys berfday pillage bcuz u see wat hapens tehn was taht u get on a bote (LOLOL!) ahdn u taek poez and KILL!@1 teh bots tehy dun fight so gud but u got to maek sure teh capitan tels u wat ur getting paid oK bcuz I only tlak lik etihs on bored.

Suty will be on hand to help direct the peoples, and to lend aid and succour wherever needed, really. Also, will help with getting the word out to those who really need to hear it.
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by StuManchu at Jul 1, 2006 3:49:44 PM]
[Jul 1, 2006 3:46:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

Aw thanks for your help (I think) :P

Anyway I couldn't understand the first part of your post so maybe you can be a greenie translator? And well you know greenies are likely to not listen in general so you can explain rules over and over again because I know you like too! (Esp on you birthday pillage, how many times did you explain the rules?) Hopefully you can come to the meeting for helpers because that is where I need to explain some stuff that I can't on the forums. (Oh you know it's a secret!)

Again thanks for your help Suty (or wait is that spelled right, I really don't know)!
[Jul 2, 2006 1:21:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

Due to OCL matches and RL commitments some times and events have been changed.

Note that: Rumble and SF tourny times have been changed and Hide & Seek and I want that box switched days. I hope everyone planning to come will still be able to make it due to these changes!
[Jul 5, 2006 12:36:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

I did a trial run of password with my flagmates. Only one person got it. So here are some hints.....
23 letters
4 words
and the bonus prize of where I got it from well Apollo gave it to me.

Hope this excites people to do this more and I'll see everyone in a few days!
[Jul 9, 2006 3:47:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

Hehe starting a list of winners!

Password

1st Place - Adesh and she got the bonus so she won an aqua starfish! Congrats Adesh!
2nd Place - KP!
3rd Place - Pittbull (and well deserved considering he spent the whole day trying to figure it out)
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Shorty_Jack at Jul 13, 2006 9:42:31 PM]
[Jul 13, 2006 6:35:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
tarajayne

Hide and go seek rocked! Thanks so much! I felt at home, our crew loves to play this all the time.... lol!

Yeah so I have to change my orignal "thank you" post, to an issue with the event.

From the hide and go seek rules:
"Everyone who wishes to play will be asked to go to the Sips' Manor on Lagnaippe (ask for an invite or just come on in!) to start. While everyone is waiting to start. a list of several people will be hiding. The list of names will be added to the news in the throne room. Hints to their locations can also be found with /who <name>. The first 3 people to find everyone wins the prizes. If you decide to use a tell (typical greenie move) the person you are trying to find can either give you the answer or send you in the wrong direction. Once you find them you have to tell them I found you so they can send a tell to me and I can keep track with who found who.
Since there has been some confusion by a couple people let me clarify. When you find a person you CANNOT send them a tell saying I found you. You either must walk up to their circle or start a trade request so the person you found knows you were in the scene. If a hider feels like you did not really find him/her they do not need to send a tell back to me. Hopefully this prevents cheating."

I remember there being a discussion when this was first posted about sending tells saying "I found you" when in fact they hadn't, and that was cheating. That was never done.

Let me tell you all what happened. I was about to log off. One of my mates said, I'm going to go do that hide and go seek thing I think. I said hmm... I guess I'll go try to, why not. Once we started, seeing how many there were to find and how far they were and knowing this could take awhile, I went to read the rules. It said nothing about working together or not. So about 5 mates from my crew split up and started finding people.

I wish I had specifics, but since I didn't care about it at the time, I don't. I've been in an event similar to this before where it was a race to try and find stuff (I think it was more a scavenger hunt type thing, I can't remember it was a while ago). Anyway, the winners were all people that worked together. I didn't win, because I couldn't find them quickly alone. Was I upset? Yeah I was bummed that I didn't win, but I wasn't going to think they didn't deserve their prize. Working together hadn't been against the rules.

Anyway I placed 3rd in this event, yet was refused my prize.

Do I care about the prizes? No not really. I was sharing with my mates, and putting my share in our flag fund. I did it for the fun and because my crew loves to play this a lot.

What I'm angry about is the fact the fact that, they can't prove the top 2 people didn't "cheat". In fact, if I hadn't admitted that I did work together, they couldn't prove that either. But I'm an honest person, who doesn't cheat.

I am also angry that if they believed us to be "cheating" , why didn't they tell us early on, instead of letting us search around for nearly an hour playing this game? If someone had told me, working together is not allowed, we would have stopped immediately, not wasted our time.

Last and least peeve... they gave me a fish, said that's all they could give me. Still announced me as 3rd place but all I could get was a fish. When other people that were working to help but didn't place, got "bonus" prizes that were better than that.

I'm upset on principle here, not on the prizes. We believed working together not to be against the rules, and so we did it. The fact that I was accused of cheating (just me, no one else that helped and got bonus prizes) just really eats at me. I do not cheat.

Sorry this post is long. I'm upset.

Sorry one more thing to add... After searching for ages on one island for someone... someone told me they had moved islands. Didn't know the people were moving. That could have been considered cheating honestly since it didn't say in the info that the hiders would be moving. In every hide-and-go-seek game I played as a kid or with kids, moving hiding spots was considered cheating. Hmm.
Bridalgirl

I get around.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by tarajayne at Jul 14, 2006 7:05:17 PM]
[Jul 14, 2006 4:46:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thews

Edit: this post moved and uptaded in the more apporpraite thread that I did not know about till now.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Thews at Jul 14, 2006 6:27:34 PM]
[Jul 14, 2006 6:07:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

Oh sorry I didn't realize you wanted to start this here. I started this thread and I did the courtesy of editing your name, but if you like to ruin mine go ahead. Here's the thread:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=41817
[Jul 14, 2006 6:10:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

Winners:

Hide&Seek:
1st - Calyx
2nd - Blackwood
3rd - Bridalgirl*
(she did not recieve 5k or trinket, will be given out at a later time)

I want that Box!:
1 - Alethia
2 - Javoch
3 - Ryanne
4 - Suty
5 - Alethia
6 - Javoch
7 - Adesh (pink & green :P)
8 - Stuy
9 - Feylind
10 - Shootymcg
11 - Ryanne
12 - Killermorgan
13 - Shootymcg
14 - Ryanne
15 - Mordrid
16 - Springheel
17 - Killermorgan
18 - Swrdmaster
19 - Alethia
20 - Menuki
21 - Adesh
22 - Javoch
23 - Sold for 25k to Pittbull
24 - Springheel
25 - Menuki
26 - Javoch
27 - Adesh
28 - Javoch
29 - Mordrid
30 - Killermorgan

*This event I had so much fun! I'm thinking about doing it again to get back my "I wanna run events!" spirit. Thanks to everyone who participated in this! Sanders you didn't win a box, but I have a special prize for you. Thank you so much for all your help!

<3 Shortyjack
[Jul 15, 2006 2:12:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

get back my "I wanna run events!"

Don't let anybody get ye down. :)

D.
[Jul 15, 2006 2:17:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squeak22

get back my "I wanna run events!"

Don't let anybody get ye down. :)

D.

QFT, I have to say that every event will have that one barrelstopper that decides that he or she wasn't treated fairly, and instead of just accepting what was said, they have to go and write up a paper about how you were wrong, and how they were right.
Squeakbeard,
The Pirate King
ex-ex-ex-King of Dark Judgement(Merged into CT)
Proud owner of "Pequod"
[Jul 16, 2006 8:58:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wndrgrl

Agreed completely. We will do more events. :)

Remember, Able Pilly tonight!
That was clearly yours.

Annaleese, Brook, Bettany
and Shortyjack is absolutely wonderful..
[Jul 16, 2006 10:07:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

We started JOBBING! w00t! Send a tell to Shortyjack, Annaleese, or Squeakbeard!

Prizes to the top sailor, top carpenter, and top bilger at the end! The prizes are secret! Muahahaha!
[Jul 16, 2006 4:11:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

Greenie Weekend is now over! Thanks for everyone who had fun with this and of course congrats to all the winners!
[Jul 16, 2006 7:18:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
mantus23

Is it a yard stick? ;-p
"The Colonel" Sanders
Blockade Technology Division: Notorious Fandango
Not not not Governor of Endurance or Nu.
Not Spoppy's husband
[Jul 17, 2006 2:49:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates