• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 18
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4729 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
Fava

Your Daily Dose of Iron - Cobalt's first Gunning Tournament - win an IM plot!

My mistress Persefoni has given me an order to find the ocean's top gunners and shower them with prizes. Perhaps she wants to gain their favor in anticipation of a future conflict. Or maybe she just enjoys rewarding greatness. Either way, it is my task now to host a contest to find the best gunner on Cobalt.

The contest will take place on Saturday, June 10 at 10AM game time. It will be run tournament-style on war brigs, as follows:

1. Beginning at 10AM game time, contestants will be able to send tells to Chilibean to ask to be jobbed. The first 64 people to tell Chilibean "job me to gun" will be jobbed aboard a frigate where the rules will be reviewed. Only contestants who are broad or higher in guns will be allowed to play.

2. Contestants will be assigned to war brigs and asked to take stations. Gun orders will be given by the CO on each ship, so please do not ask.

3. For each battle, four contestants on each brig will be given gunning orders before deporting. The rest will be ordered to other duty puzzles. The brigs will set sail from Lima in pairs and engage each other in PvP.

4. Contestants will have two turns to search for a gunning board. At the end of the second turn, players will no longer be allowed to leave their board (to prevent the phenomenon of loading one gun, then "board-hunting" for ten turns and still getting an incredible).

5. After the second turn, the ships will begin moving and firing. All available shots will be fired every turn, so everyone should have four cannons to clean and load per turn.

6. There will be ten turns of firing, after which contestants will finish loading all of their cannons and the war brigs will disengage and port.

7. The top player on each ship (as indicated by standing on the duty report) will move on to the next round. After the first round, the top two players will move on to the next rounds. Winners will be anounced on crew chat at the end of each battle.

Prizes:

First place: A blue ribbon trinket and the right to build an IM shoppe (to be named Peashooters) on Lima. The builder must supply all materials and poe to pay laborers. The plot can be sold by the winner if the winner decides not to build.

The following materials and construction labour are required to build an ironmonger shoppe:
  • 600 basic labour
  • 200 skilled labour
  • 200 expert labour
  • 5000 stone (usually 1 poe per unit)
  • 800 iron (usually 10-13 poe per unit)
  • 80 tan cloth (around 22-25 poe per unit)

Second through fourth will receive ribbon trinkets (red, white, and yellow respectively) and will choose in order of placing from the following sloops:
  • Top Gunner - black sides, grey rails
  • Loaded Gunner - grey sides, red rails
  • Quick Triggerfish - grey sides, blue rails

Fifth place (4 people): A lime ribbon trinket, a powder bag, a barrel, and a crate of cannonballs
----------------------------------------
Hiding from Hades on Hunter

FO of Flocktarts on Hunter
Exiled Captain of Pod People and Queen of Stalkers on Cobalt
Former Governor of Lima
[Edit 10 times, last edit by Fava at Jun 10, 2006 7:30:04 AM]
[May 31, 2006 5:43:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phour

Re: Your Daily Dose of Iron - a gunning tournament to win an IM plot on Lima

Oh, if only I could gun...

It sounds like an extremely fun contest, though! Good luck to all the contestants :)
Familiar on Cobalt
[May 31, 2006 4:27:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    lyndi6384 [Link]  Go to top 
dom1n8rx

OH thank the Gunning Gods! A Gunning bake off on Coblat! /e pixelgasms!
*~*Charisma*~*

Charisma says, "who's death flag of doom? lol"
Foilistc says, "No idea"
Charisma says, "well we dec'ed war on them"
Foilistc says, "Oh yeah. That was just because"
[Jun 1, 2006 8:40:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    dom1n8rix    dom1n8rx [Link]  Go to top 
rsenkrantz

Hmm practice gunning or experiment with how much vodka I need to jump the learning curve? Quandaries.
"You know, I just gotta say that everytime Rsenkrantz posts I love him just a little bit more."
- Loola

"Dood -- I'll give ya 10 poe if I can be a card card carrying member of the Rosey fan club."
-Lisakayela
[Jun 1, 2006 9:00:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rsenkrantz [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

Prizes updated!

Former Governor of Lima
[Jun 6, 2006 6:47:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

Ribbon trinkets added to the list of prizes!

Former Governor of Lima
[Jun 6, 2006 11:20:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TaiiOo

A small question, the ribbons are they inscribed?

And thanks for this contest, i like it already :-)
Taiioo, mostly on Cerulean
[Jun 7, 2006 3:14:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fredtheelf

Since I won one I can tell you - Yes they are inscribed with your name and what you won it for.
Fredtheelf
longtime Governor of Kirin, Cobalt
Proud member of Bad Sushi
Flag of Valor
Owner of many pigs

Allow me three more letters and I could have that Fredtheplatypus alt I've always wanted...
[Jun 7, 2006 7:04:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

A small question, the ribbons are they inscribed?

And thanks for this contest, i like it already :-)

Fredtheelf is correct. The ribbon trinkets will be inscribed with your name and your place in the event.

Former Governor of Lima
[Jun 7, 2006 7:44:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Will the rest of us do carp and bilge and sail to help generate moves and keep the ships dry for you guys until its our turn to gun or do you want non-gunning volunteers to do that?
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jun 9, 2006 11:25:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

Gunners are welcome to puzzle and to help the navvers roll barrels. Being in a puzzle will also allow the gunners to see who won each battle.

Volunteers are also welcome to come play puzzles and observe the tournament.

Former Governor of Lima
[Jun 10, 2006 7:01:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
slovenc

Well what do the gunners that get in the last ranks? Like 20#-???#
I'm there, No wait im here,No no im there! NO! I'm not anywhere!
[Jun 10, 2006 9:04:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

Well what do the gunners that get in the last ranks? Like 20#-???#

Fun? And practice against some of the best in the ocean...

Former Governor of Lima
[Jun 10, 2006 9:11:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

Re: Your Daily Dose of Iron - Cobalt's first Gunning Tournament - win an IM plot!

The tournament is done! The ocean's best came and showed us why they are Ultimate and I am... not.

Congratulations to Morpheusshad, who will be building an IM on Lima and showing off a blue ribbon.

In second place was Charisma, now proud owner of the Top Gunner and a silky red ribbon.

Tuly took 3rd place (not 4rd place as my typo on her ribbon originally said), and took home the deed to the Loaded Gunner and a properly inscribed (thanks to Prometheus) white ribbon.

Rounding out the top four was Shar, who now owns the Quick Triggerfish and a shiney yellow ribbon.

Tied for fifth was the awesome quartet of Distress, Enza, Hizzo, and Taiioo. They walked away with a set of gun-themed furniture and lime ribbons that prove their gunning prowess.

Congratulations to the winners, and to everyone who put forth a gallant effort today!

Thanks also to my helpers for making this event happen!

Former Governor of Lima
[Jun 10, 2006 1:26:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Re: Your Daily Dose of Iron - Cobalt's first Gunning Tournament - win an IM plot!

I soooo hate oversleeping!!! Congrats to all!
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jun 10, 2006 1:48:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dom1n8rx

A hearty THANK YOU to Fava, Chilibean, Cacaobean and the other coordinators, and supportive mates who stuck around to puzzle for the gunners! There sure was some tough competition, I hope it was as much fun for everyone else as it was for me. :D Congrats again to the winners and awesome job for all contestents who participated!

Here's how the Duty Report looked for the gunners in the final 4:

And who can forget the Gunning Conga line!

*~*Charisma*~*

Charisma says, "who's death flag of doom? lol"
Foilistc says, "No idea"
Charisma says, "well we dec'ed war on them"
Foilistc says, "Oh yeah. That was just because"
[Jun 10, 2006 2:46:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    dom1n8rix    dom1n8rx [Link]  Go to top 
kali78

I'd also like to throw in my very grateful Thank yous to everyone who made this event happen, both co-ordinators and participants. I had a fantastic time, and hope to see more events like this in the future. Congrats to the winners and a fantastic job all around to all contestants. You guys rock!! :D

Thanks again!

Morph
Morpheusshad on all ocean

SO of Kogarashi on Cobalt Ocean
SO of Soyokaze on Midnight Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kali78 at Jun 10, 2006 4:33:18 PM]
[Jun 10, 2006 4:33:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Necromant

I have to agree it was a really fun experience congratulations to the winners. After this contest I'm going to practice gunning like mad and hope that I'll see a similar contest in the near future ;) p.s. nice screen shots! :D

Pandoras :)
Pandoras on the Cobalt Ocean
SO of the crew Parrots of Vegeance
Princess of the Flag Dark Asylum
[Jun 12, 2006 1:03:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates