• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 45
Posts: 45   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9941 times and has 44 replies Next Thread
Piplicus_BNO

[All Oceans] Message in a bottle | Win a golden ticket | Now until someone solves it

I'll give advance warning on this one, as you asked.

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=596857#596857

Prize: One golden ticket anywhere (except Hunter). This one won't be name-inscribed.

Golden tickets can be redeemed in the Booty or No Booty events.
----------------------------------------

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Piplicus_BNO at Apr 16, 2006 12:16:17 PM]
[Apr 9, 2006 7:47:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
Jimifan684

Re: Message in a bottle | Win a golden ticket | Ongoing (starts Wednesday 12 April, noon PDT)

Thank you for the warning. I'm dieing to know what it is, sounds interesting.
[Apr 9, 2006 8:42:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    hendrixfan684 [Link]  Go to top 
Tiberyus

Re: Message in a bottle | Win a golden ticket | Ongoing (starts Wednesday 12 April, noon PDT)

Why it has to be on specific ocean? It's nit very fear for the non-Cobalt pirates.
Tiberyus, in a crew on an ocean

people are harsh on ypp

[Apr 10, 2006 3:03:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
buzzjunkie

If ye don't find it fear then ye should be very worried then...
Buzzjunkie [Retired]
----
[Apr 10, 2006 3:10:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

Why it has to be on specific ocean? It's nit very fear for the non-Cobalt pirates.

Each ocean will get its ocean-specific events. Please be patient.

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Apr 10, 2006 6:25:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
moon_howl

Aren't we going to have Booty or No Booty on Viridian?
Princess of the flag Latin Revolution
Visit Pandaxee's Art Shop and order an avatar! *I will accept money on all oceans*
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=720520#720520
[Apr 10, 2006 7:21:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Sunny_Priestess    amkids642 [Link]  Go to top 
moon_howl

Thank you for the warning. I'm dieing to know what it is, sounds interesting.

Your avitar is so funny. XD
Princess of the flag Latin Revolution
Visit Pandaxee's Art Shop and order an avatar! *I will accept money on all oceans*
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=720520#720520
[Apr 10, 2006 7:24:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Sunny_Priestess    amkids642 [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

I believe in time you should. I think I've read somewhere that Pip said BoNB would be played on all oceans, then again maybe I'm wrong.

(searching is what to do if you don't know the answer, or I would say ask Faulkston)

I don't know which ocean Pip will be doing this event on next, so it the mean time be patient. I've seen several of these questions already when is this coming to my ocean? is it going to be played here? etc.
You will have your chance at the game, even if you don't get a golden ticket I'd advise you to at least go and watch! I missed it due to another event and now I'm sad. :( Oh well always next time!

-Shortyjack
Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean
[Apr 10, 2006 7:30:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

Aren't we going to have Booty or No Booty on Viridian?

Yes, you are.

I'm not announcing the date for Viridian just yet because if I have to change it, I'll get moaned at. Better to have a slightly shorter notice than to have to change it and ruin people's plans.

Like a bad penny.
[Apr 10, 2006 9:14:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
Jimifan684

Your avitar is so funny. XD

Thank you. lol
[Apr 10, 2006 12:51:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    hendrixfan684 [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

Horror! Oh the humanity!

Nobooty logged on just now to find his golden ticket missing! He doesn't know where it's gone. Without it, I don't know what I can do. Looks like we'll have to abandon Dueling Pass the Parcel until next time. We need to obtain that golden ticket somehow.

I'll let you know if anything else suspicious happens.

Like a bad penny.
[Apr 11, 2006 3:29:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
ugmo2000

I have noticed that most of the events etc take place on midnight and all of the other oceans all of the time. It is about time we get our fair share of contests.
Where fore art thou Phalcore.......

My Singshots url is http://www.singshot.com/playPerformance.html?performanceId=fgWV5amFUEE%3D&play=Y
[Apr 12, 2006 4:13:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

I have noticed that most of the events etc take place on midnight and all of the other oceans all of the time. It is about time we get our fair share of contests.

Golden ticket events in the week before a Midnight BoNB will be either Midnight or all oceans.

This week, Cobalt is next up, on Sunday. So all the events this week (with the exception of the shipwrighting bakeoff) are Cobalt or all ocean.

Let the 4 week cycle run, and we should then have an equal amount of events.

(I'm trying to get a LOT of events done this cycle, because in the next two, my hands will be tied with real life exams. There'll still be events, just maybe fewer in number)

Like a bad penny.
[Apr 12, 2006 4:20:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

Something fishy's going on here. A bottle washed up on the shores of Fintan Island, earlier today. Sloppily corked, I opened it up with ease. There was a piece of dampened parchment inside, which I shook out of the bottle, onto the coarse sand. Being careful not to tear it, I unfolded it and read out the message on it:

S M S

It all started yesterday, when I was alchemising. Stuck in one of the tubes was a piece of parchment. I would have soiled it irreversibly with brown sludge (I'm not very good at alchemistry, see), had my quick wits not stopped me. I pushed it out with a nearby utensil, unrolled it, and this was what was written on it:

"Start from where Rings are Fates. Sail 13 and 42 to sail just 12. Don't get shipwrecked, and by the time you put into port, at a donnishly top resort, you'll know how to get the treasure."

"A clue to some hidden treasure!" I thought to myself. "I wonder what could be the wonderful treasure at the end of the course! Well, there's only one way to find out..."
I called up upon my loyal swabbies, Swashbuckling Emma, Timid Jon, and Grizzled Kai. I worked out the first clue, and set sail from an island. We charted a course that was 53 leagues long. Alas, that was not the right thing to do. For El Pollo Diablo appeared out of nowhere, and shot my ship up to pieces. Then came the swordfight. I saw a stick coming towards me, and then I saw black.

And now, I find myself here, marooned on Kuhio Island. How I've gone so far, I'm not quite sure. All that matters is this, though - there's a skellington here, and it says it's not going anywhere until someone tells him something. I see now that I have no hopes of finding the treasure, so I'm going to help anyone that wants claim the treasure for themselves. If you find the magic password, and give it to the skellington, he says he'll let me go; then I'll give you the final piece of information to get the treasure. Hurry please! I'm getting dehydrated. I would assume the skeleton would get dehydrated, but I don't think he needs water. Follow your initial thoughts - that is, HELP ME!

I think we need to help him. I have a sneaky suspicion that those crafty Skellingtons stole that golden ticket too.

How to Help:

Please send me an email [ pipmuk@hotmail.com ] with the title of 'Message In a Bottle', and put your answer in the body of the email. Once I get back from a long voyage myself, I'll try each of the phrases with this skellington. If the password is correct, he'll be vanquished, and then this marooned person will give me the final piece of info we need. I suspect that the password is a password to an account, and he'll provide the username. I'll then log on as that, and you can tell me what to do.

But for now, good luck! I'm stumped - I hope you're not!

Like a bad penny.
[Apr 12, 2006 12:09:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

Please do not send me your answers in a PM.

One has come close, but nobody's figured out all the clues yet.

Like a bad penny.
[Apr 13, 2006 4:22:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

Re: Message in a bottle | Win a golden ticket | Now until someone solves it

I'm going to be away from the computer for 48 hours now. Rest assured I will be back for BoNB on Sunday. But for now, keep sending your solutions to my email, and I'll go through them once I go back.

Like a bad penny.
[Apr 13, 2006 10:12:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

We still haven't had a correct answer yet.

You'll get a few pointers soon, but if nobody gets it before Sunday, it'll roll over until next time - you'll have to keep on to it for an extra 4 weeks or so.

Like a bad penny.
[Apr 15, 2006 8:25:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
Cohog13

*Bangs head against wall*
Cohog
[Apr 15, 2006 12:06:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Cohog13 [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

Some hints (none of these hints are clues in themselves):

In order to make this more accessible, there's some red herrings. You may be reading too far into it.

Some of you are convinced you're looking for a word. You're looking for a password. There is a world of difference.

If it is a password, think. Everything you need is in that letter, you just need to work out what's relevant, what's not, decipher the relevant bit and you'll have your password. It might not be obvious when you have the answer, so try it anyway.

Like a bad penny.
[Apr 15, 2006 6:06:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

Someone has had one close guess, but apart from that, nobody has figured it out yet.

Like a bad penny.
[Apr 15, 2006 6:09:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
sirfirebob

When we get to this island, and if we go to the right place, will the answer be there?
Sirfirebob on the Viridian Ocean
Senior Officer & Taskmaster of the crew Dragon's Horde
Member of RiddleMakers.
[Apr 16, 2006 9:28:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

As nobody yet has solved it, this is going to all Oceans.

You'll need to be logged into Cobalt to solve it, but the ticket is now redeemable anywhere.

Like a bad penny.
[Apr 16, 2006 12:15:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
Ivanovsky

I had 3 possible answers all mailed them trough so we'll see.
Ivanovsky, semi-retired pirate
Former Captain of Scourges of Seven Seas
Former Prince of New World Order
Former Prince of Dragon Lords
Proud pirate of the Viridian Ocean
[Apr 17, 2006 3:22:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
brendan41

see im from viridian and i have little knowledge of people of cobalt and i think i have the answer but i need to get to an island can anyone help me get there such as an om
Bejntam

Captain of Los Siete Mares

Prince of Killer Saxons
[Apr 17, 2006 8:40:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

This can be solved using the wiki, as well.

Like a bad penny.
[Apr 17, 2006 9:06:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
brendan41

well i have sent a few answers of passwords have you seen them are they all wrong

plus is the winner of the golden ticket the one to guess the pass word
Bejntam

Captain of Los Siete Mares

Prince of Killer Saxons
[Edit 1 times, last edit by brendan41 at Apr 17, 2006 11:28:55 AM]
[Apr 17, 2006 11:28:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Muertenia

brendan41 wrote: 
well i have sent a few answers of passwords have you seen them are they all wrong

plus is the winner of the golden ticket the one to guess the pass word

He'll respond with an email and is usually good at getting back to everybody in a fast manner. He does probably get a lot of email to respond to though.

Hohum
[Apr 17, 2006 3:16:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

All answers recieved thusfar have been incorrect. I apologise for the slow responses this time, I have been unaware of new messages because my MSN messenger has been acting up.

Hint: Where do you start, and where do you end?
You start at the place where fates are rings.
You end at a donnishly top resort.

Like a bad penny.
[Apr 17, 2006 4:50:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
LilMudblood

My brain hurts from all this thinking....
Kiyit, on Obsidian.
Formerly known as Hungrypirate on Viridian.

[Apr 17, 2006 5:05:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lonelyguy

message in bottle

Is the event still on? or has someone solved it?
Is Sage ocean included in this event?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by lonelyguy at Apr 17, 2006 6:31:43 PM]
[Apr 17, 2006 6:15:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 45   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates