• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 684
Posts: 684   Pages: 23   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 99162 times and has 683 replies Next Thread
Soar

QuarterMaster Pirate Helper V1.7B, Fixes for the latest PP update.

Ahoy Mates

This is the discussion thread for the development of the 3rd party application QuarterMaster (QM).

Important: Please do not post trouble shooting issues on the Puzzle Pirates Technical Issues forum. QM is not published by Three Rings and so they are not responsible for its maintenace. Please direct all technical issues or help requests to this thread only.

If you are looking for information on the project, including the latest news, user manual, installation guide, troubleshooting, and end-user issues, check out the YPPEDIA page maintained by Angelbeaver and Co. at the following link:

YPPEDIA QuarterMaster Page

You can download the latest version of QuarterMaster from here:

QuarterMaster Download Link

And check out a screenshot here:

Screenshot Link

There is also a separate guide if you are planning to use the application in a blockade:

QuarterMaster Blockade User Guide

If you have questions or new feature ideas for QM, please feel very free to post in this thread. Myself, or someone else in the know, will surely be along to reply to you soon.

Finally I'd just like to express my thanks to everyone involved with this project. The response and support has been fantastic and has made the creation of QM worth all the effort.

Arbedar!
Tailspin
----------------------------------------
[Edit 47 times, last edit by Soar at Aug 13, 2006 7:17:09 PM]
[Feb 16, 2006 2:58:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yohohobob

Re: QuarterMaster Pirate Helper V1.3B (16th Feb)

Ahoy Mates!

For a while I've been working on a helper application for Puzzle Pirates. It's a little piece of software called QuarterMaster (QM), and basically it sits beside your PP window and does it's very best to make life easier while you play.

While it was being developed I had only sent it to flag mates and friends who have been helping me test it. In the beginning it was just something I threw together so I could get a bit lazier on pillages I was officering. But then it kept getting bigger and bigger as I gave it to more and more people. So I finally decided to clean it up and post it for everyone to use. Anyways here it is :]

Aye i be one of them on tested this out and i have found it very useful very handly for blockades and pillages the big ones more so. I highy recomend that you use this great program just give it a try =). If while useing it you need help with it you can always post here and im sure tailspin or someone else from are crew who has been with it though the testing and everything will be able to help you.
Madyohoho SO of Di Cerberus-Retired
Lord of Arcana Imperii(Viridian)[quote]Remember, I'm the one that sits back and giggles at you mates while sipping masttails in my pajamas. Besides, Y!PP isn't a game; it's a way of life
[Feb 16, 2006 5:36:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheBeaver

I have to admit, this is a Fantastic program.

Flash Gordon
[Feb 16, 2006 6:32:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
andman

In the beginning it was just something I threw together so I could get a bit lazier on pillages I was officering.

Hehe. Too lazy to pay attetion pillaging... but not too lazy to write a whole program. And finally something fun for Mac OS users!
Iollipop!
ooh baby baby.
[Feb 16, 2006 6:52:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/thethoughtfuloblivion    hello4am [Link]  Go to top 
Greeble

- The current version is only made for Windows OS. Unfortunately I don't have access to other systems so it is very hard for me to create versions for these.

Hehe. Too lazy to pay attetion pillaging... but not too lazy to write a whole program. And finally something fun for Mac OS users!

Umm, right now its for windows only. *frowns*
Hypnos Score: 2.5

Wolfmanm says, "you are my outfit hero, greeble"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Greeble at Feb 16, 2006 7:51:58 AM]
[Feb 16, 2006 7:50:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
andman

D'oh. I need to learn to read... Haha
Iollipop!
ooh baby baby.
[Feb 16, 2006 7:57:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/thethoughtfuloblivion    hello4am [Link]  Go to top 
Kaalvoet

I was just looking for this! I was pillaging the other day and someone was going through the list of piraty progs they had and this was one of them, but they wouldn't tell me where they got it. Now I know! I've just set it up and it's very lovely. I don't run many pillages so I don't really need it.. but.. it's still cool :P
I'm worried about the easter eggs option tho xD Anyone know if it does anything?
The Infamous Feline Pirate
Kitt on Cobalt

Rehio says, "Yes, O Mistress"
[Feb 16, 2006 8:24:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    PinkxLimonade [Link]  Go to top 
Grrrrrrrrrr

This is a must have for any Officer. I love the split chat screens, maxing info, and the auto chat. I think of it as one of The Crown's finest jewels. Great work Tailspin!!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Grrrrrrrrrr at Feb 19, 2006 4:17:02 AM]
[Feb 16, 2006 11:41:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grrrrrrrrrr

Thank's for all ye hard work! From all of us!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Grrrrrrrrrr at Feb 17, 2006 7:37:45 PM]
[Feb 16, 2006 12:13:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 

Just a few short questions about it .

• What kind of source code is it? ( Java , C/C+ , Delphi , .Net )
  • Would this in anyway break the first rule of part 6. of the ToS?
  • Has this file been approved by an administrator for use within the game?
  • Is there any scripting in this a virus detector may pick up as a "malicous script"?
  • Is there any chance of this causing errors between the client and the server ?
  • Does your program access the internet or is it counted as a keyboard macro?

Friendlyjane says, "Look im too sexy for my clothes , too sexy for my clothes"
Ratoscurvy says, "not really..i ally with whatever woman flirts with me"
"Mastodon rubs tristan haha i got closer"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by 32083 at Feb 16, 2006 12:22:04 PM]
[Feb 16, 2006 12:19:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    joshua090909    noobkilla99 [Link]  Go to top 

Well its safe at least.

Files Scanned: 120
Threats Found: 0
Threats Stopped: 0
Threats Remaining: 0
Friendlyjane says, "Look im too sexy for my clothes , too sexy for my clothes"
Ratoscurvy says, "not really..i ally with whatever woman flirts with me"
"Mastodon rubs tristan haha i got closer"
[Feb 16, 2006 12:30:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    joshua090909    noobkilla99 [Link]  Go to top 
Framling

You are my new hero.

One question - how bandwidth-heavy is it? I have a connection which is not the best when it comes to lag.
Framling on Viridian

Lolpirate says, "O.o Your ability to rhyme is unholy."

[Feb 16, 2006 1:17:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    framlingem [Link]  Go to top 
TheBeaver

One question - how bandwidth-heavy is it? I have a connection which is not the best when it comes to lag.

Don't take my word for it, I could be utterly wrong but I don't <i>think</i> this even uses your internet. It just reads your chat loggs and send keystrokes direct to the game client.

Angel,
quite possibly wrong
[Feb 16, 2006 3:11:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
digtheking2

I'll download this as soon as I get home!!!

It looks awesome!!!

Congrats tailspin, you've done something that will make my life easier, especially since I've always wanted a blacklist.
Silentdragon
Senior Officer of Von Grey Pirate
Lord of the flag Von Grey
Viridian Ocean
[Feb 16, 2006 3:22:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.viridianocean.com    daleprebble_ypp@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
rrruuunnn

Ok, i downloaded it but for some reson it loads on iTunes. Is something wrong here or am i doing something wrong? Would be excellent to know. :)
Hookedkiller of Cobalt
Crmdcm of Midnight

Awsome avatar by Letara.
[Feb 16, 2006 3:29:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Well its safe at least.

Files Scanned: 120
Threats Found: 0
Threats Stopped: 0
Threats Remaining: 0

Thank you very much for posting this so early. QM has become my favorite labor of love recently as I am a database programmer by trade and don't get much chance to see the gaming side of things. I would have been very sad if it had become the victim of false rumors. I'd like to add my own assurances to the above data, that QM contains no malicous code or intents.

I didn't realize that the Flash Gordon easter egg might raise a few eyebrows, but can understand why. Easter eggs are little humorous features that programmers put in to give users a bit of a laugh. Traditionally they are hidden (hence the name easter egg) so users can have fun trying to find them. However in this case I think it would be better to post a few details so as to aviod any mis-understandings. I will add a Flash Gordon section to the OP.

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Soar at Feb 17, 2006 12:21:10 AM]
[Feb 16, 2006 3:58:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Don't take my word for it, I could be utterly wrong but I don't <i>think</i> this even uses your internet. It just reads your chat loggs and send keystrokes direct to the game client.

Angel,
quite possibly wrong

Yup, you are correct :], version 1.3B does not use the internet in any way. Later version will have features such as the MIB mailing system but for now it is just a local program.

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Soar at Feb 16, 2006 4:01:30 PM]
[Feb 16, 2006 4:00:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Just a few short questions about it .

• What kind of source code is it? ( Java , C/C+ , Delphi , .Net )
  • Would this in anyway break the first rule of part 6. of the ToS?
  • Has this file been approved by an administrator for use within the game?
  • Is there any scripting in this a virus detector may pick up as a "malicous script"?
  • Is there any chance of this causing errors between the client and the server ?
  • Does your program access the internet or is it counted as a keyboard macro?

Ahoy

I love answering questions about QM :D

1. Delphi
2. No it does not break any rules of the TOS. I checked with the devs directly about this to be sure it was ok to use.
3. See question 2
4. Absolutely not. Feel very free to scan it.... oh I see you already did in your following post there, thank ye! :D
5. Nope, it touches nothing but the chat log files which are read-only. It does nothing to the client or stream or any PP files for that matter.
6. It does not access the net in the current version but will have a pirate-to-pirate mailing feature later on. It does not use any keyboard macros apart from the button and menu short keys which are pretty much standard on any windows program.

all good questions mate, thank ye!

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Feb 16, 2006 4:14:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
akerasi

I tried to install and recieved the error 1325.QuarterMaster is not a valid short file name, killing the install. Any help?
Akerasi, Captain of the PFRC, Sage Ocean
Seido, Mercenary for hire, Sage Ocean
Citizen of Arakoua Island and the keeper of Arakoua's Destiny
[Feb 16, 2006 5:02:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SeanaMO

fyi - the auto-plank feature seems to be leaving out the space between /plank and the pirate name

but looks like a great tool, Thanks!
Ceylon
SO of The Forsaken
Sultan's Sword - Midnight Ocean
[Feb 16, 2006 5:17:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yohohobob

fyi - the auto-plank feature seems to be leaving out the space between /plank and the pirate name

but looks like a great tool, Thanks!

aye it has been know to fail if you are typeing something when the auto plank trys to work. But if you have found something worng tailspin will fix it.

Madyohoho,
tester of QM
Madyohoho SO of Di Cerberus-Retired
Lord of Arcana Imperii(Viridian)[quote]Remember, I'm the one that sits back and giggles at you mates while sipping masttails in my pajamas. Besides, Y!PP isn't a game; it's a way of life
[Edit 1 times, last edit by yohohobob at Feb 16, 2006 5:28:41 PM]
[Feb 16, 2006 5:25:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemor

Tried it out... and I broke it... All I remember doing was putting in a couple hearties into my gold list. and then i went up to the options button... i believe i removed a couple things in there (maybe the vessel info and different stuff in that options screen)...

After thinking about ways to solve my horrible problem, I fixed it.. I had made my chat log in a different folder than the folder I downloaded the game into.. to fix the error that lead me to believe I had broken it within 1 minute of using it, all I did was copy the three folders, within the folder created in installing the program, into my chat log folder that i had created after the download. Just in case others get a problem occuring saying that they cant locate a file or something... And yay for me for not being as dumb as I puzzle.

But with my limited experience with it, I think the way it breaks up the chat (speak/crew, tells, officer, flag officer, etc...) will be useful for popular pirates or pirates that dont look at chat while theyre puzzling. With this, you can read all the tells you have received/missed, and also get the full, unbroken /fo spam we have grown to love.. >.>

I havent used this on a pillage (or obviously a blockade) so I dont know about the options it gives you for these events or if these options are worthwile. But overall, the program seems to have its uses.
Previous King of Vanguard.

Nemor
Me carping
[Feb 16, 2006 5:26:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Skype: nemor1 [Link]  Go to top 
TheBeaver

There is a small bug where all outgoing tells are put in both other and tells which i belive Soar will fix with a new version at some point.
[Feb 16, 2006 5:30:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemor

One other thing that I quickly realized... It can be used to spam. By typing in an action into the letter button thingy, you can press the button to spam this sentence. For isntance, I typed into the letter A: /tell <insert foe here> <insert spam here> and by repeatedly clicking on this button allows you to...
/tell Nemor FACE!
/tell Nemor FACE!
/tell Nemor FACE!
etc...

Hope to see many "FACE!" tells in the near future...
>.>
<.<
Oh what have I done to myself...
Previous King of Vanguard.

Nemor
Me carping
[Feb 16, 2006 5:32:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Skype: nemor1 [Link]  Go to top 
jondigger20

One other thing that I quickly realized... It can be used to spam. By typing in an action into the letter button thingy, you can press the button to spam this sentence. For isntance, I typed into the letter A: /tell <insert foe here> <insert spam here> and by repeatedly clicking on this button allows you to...
/tell Nemor FACE!
/tell Nemor FACE!
/tell Nemor FACE!
etc...

>.>
<.<

Strangely, that's what popped into my mind when I tried it out. Spam! Wheeee!

I love the auto-plank feature. Good job. Looking forward to trying it out more.
Johndigger

Fleet Officer of The British Eagles

All round barrelstopper.
[Feb 16, 2006 6:07:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stowaway1693

I think the thing I like most about this is the sound notifications for chatting (tells and whatever else I choose to select) and for engagements during pillaging.

I often 'go defeating brigands' with the navy and subsequently browse a forum or two at the same time. It's great to be notified of a pursuit. And same with tells :)
Sisqi

Midnight- now in Phresh Phoenix Phlavour

[Edit 1 times, last edit by stowaway1693 at Feb 16, 2006 6:43:15 PM]
[Feb 16, 2006 6:39:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tacundavid

For some reason. The link to this is broken. =(

for me anyway. I have no clue what is wrong with it.
[Feb 16, 2006 6:50:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

/tell Nemor FACE!
/tell Nemor FACE!
/tell Nemor FACE!
etc...

>.>
<.<

Ahoy

I'm at work so my replies are very limited for a few hours :]

Spam was one of things that weighed on my mind when deciding to include this feature or not. However I finally decided to go with it because spamming is not actually a QM specific problem. The same effect could be achieved by simply copy and pasting repeatedly. In the end I figured those who wished to spam would spam, with or with out QM auto chat functions.

On the other hand if I was to remove auto chat to avoid a few people using as there spam weapon of choice, then I would be denying a great great many other players the use of a very handy tool on pillages and daily chating.

My own captain doesn't spam, but he has mentioned that he could no longer live without the use of QM auto chat. His chat screen is just that busy. I'm sure all tolled, the good out weighs the bad with this one.

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Feb 16, 2006 7:37:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Welllingtion

This look's great mate, I have one problem with it, The link is broke.....Or Is it just me?
Wellingtion - Currently living on Malachite
[Feb 16, 2006 8:22:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.homestarrunner.com/    Coolman2003306 [Link]  Go to top 
bemis

I'm glad to see someone with an active interest in Puzzle Pirates taking up and developing more applications - it sounds like this will be useful in many ways.
One thing to be cautious of, however, are potential ToS problems around controlling the Puzzle Pirates application via another program, and creating synthetic keystroke events into it. While your program is certainly legit in what it is doing and using these things for, it may be treading on some dangerous ground - I would hope someone could pop by and give this a green light, or at least an unofficial wink-and-nod around the ToS issues.
Bemis - Senior Officer, Yarr Talk/National Pirate Radio on Cobalt
[Feb 16, 2006 8:32:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 684   Pages: 23   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates