• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 52
Posts: 52   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10168 times and has 51 replies Next Thread
Bia
OceanMaster

[Midnight] Carpentry Bake-off - Win an Octopus

Midnight Ocean Carpentry Bake-off

Date: Saturday, Januray 28
Time: 5pm, PST
Event Host: Io
Participation limit: 96

Rules:

Thirty minutes before the start of the event, Io will begin jobbing entrants on board the grand frigate the Grand Carp.

In each preliminary round, 24 players will take carpentry stations to play for the duration of the round. Preliminary rounds will last thirty turns in sea battle.

When the ship returns to port, the duty report listing will determine who proceeds to the semi-finals. The top four pirates in each round will proceed.

The semi-final round of 16 players will last for 30 turns. The top 3 will continue on to the finals.

The finalists will switch to the Cut Carp for the finals. This round will last 50 turns.

Disclaimers:

In the event of lower than expected participation, the number of rounds may be reduced, likewise the number who continue on to the semi-finals and finals may change.

Judges:

I will need a few assistants. The ability to gun quickly for long periods is a helpful. Send pe a private message if you are interested.

Prizes:

First prize: An orange octopus!

Other places may choose a prize for any tier they fit into. The second and third place finishers may choose a prize from any of the three tiers. The fifteenth place finisher may choose any prize in the third tier.

Tier 1 (2nd, 3rd)
  • Outfit: Any top, bottom, hat (except crown/tiara), boots. Any primary colours except gold or black, gold or black may be secondary colours.
  • Pig
  • Tortoise
  • Fancy Ribbon Trinket

Tier 2 (2nd through 8th)
  • Outfit: Any top, bottom, hat, boots that do not use fine cloth. Any primary colours except gold or black, gold or black may be secondary colours.
  • Sloop <adjective> Carp
  • Portrait with an Oceanmaster of your choice (no Developers)
  • Ribbon Trinket

Tier 3 (2nd through 16th)
  • Outfit: Bandana, Stripey Shirt, Knickers. Any colour combinations.
  • Shipside painting (Furniture)
  • Handkerchief Trinket
    ----------------------------------------
  • [Jan 6, 2006 6:49:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    TianX9

Re: [Midnight] Carpentry Bake-off - Win an Octopus

Hm. It seems that sailing love is all that Viridian gets... oh well, great to see another carping bake-off at any rate!
    [Jan 6, 2006 12:41:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    MKSparrow

This new format it's interesting.
    Is it rainning?
    [Jan 6, 2006 1:27:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    frogkissed11

ooooh.. I am so there!

I cant wait to see how my new comp does against the lag now.. mwahaha
    JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
    Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
    [Jan 6, 2006 1:30:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
    Peter_Blood

I'm definitely going to give it a go, I couldn't make that last carp bake-off due to work.

Just curious though, how do the rounds work, does the ship disengage after 30 rds, and you get top 4 from there, or does the first round of carpers get off after 30 turns and next round hops on carp stations?
    Robberbaron

BSB - Midnight
    MG - Sage

Sacrificing Minions: Is there any problem it can't solve? - OotS #192
    [Jan 6, 2006 3:57:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Falkenberg

After 30 rounds, you disengage, port, and the scores at port (if it does it the same as previous bakeoffs) determine the top 4 for that group. Ship will then port, and the carpers get off the station, and people who havent already carped get on. Then the ship deports and the next group gets their chance.
    Falkenberg - All oceans, but homed on Midnight
    Proud owner of the Millennian Falkun, Dead Starfish, and X Wingfish on Midnight.
    [Jan 6, 2006 6:54:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://twitter.com/@_woebetide_ [Link]  Go to top 
    ponytailguy

If it's being run the same way Bia ran the mini, then Falkenburg's got it.
    The Ghost of Oceans Past
    [Jan 6, 2006 7:02:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Shuranthae

PTG wrote: 
    If it's being run the same way Bia ran the mini, then Falkenburg's got it.
    Care to make a wager?
    [Jan 6, 2006 7:07:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    ponytailguy

Uh.

I was talking about the format, not the victory.
    The Ghost of Oceans Past
    [Jan 6, 2006 8:04:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    evilbob71

Back off Shur, you have enough. It is my turn to bring in the familiar

Rebe
    Rome wrote:

erm, Rebe, I thank you, I'm not really the person on the "hang you' bandwagon"

[Jan 6, 2006 8:16:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Peter_Blood

I'll definitely be coming over to have a go, be nice to see what level I'm really carping at.
    Robberbaron

BSB - Midnight
    MG - Sage

[Jan 6, 2006 8:17:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    tgreyfox

Damn, I hope I"m back from a business trip in time to get in on this.
    Rusvul
    Senior Officer, British Sea Power (Colonial division)
    Occasional Looterati government type

Rumsfeld wrote: 
    I was drinking one night, and when I woke up I was wearing Pink and Yellow and had a crown on me head.

[Jan 6, 2006 8:22:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Shuranthae

Well boo, you're no fun.
    [Jan 6, 2006 9:55:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    LethalLizord

Midnight gets all the carping love it seems... that one day mini carp thing with only one day notice doesnt count. :P
    ~Viridian~
    SnakeEye
    Captain of Devil's Playground, Pay for Play

~Sage~
    SnakeEyes
    Officer of Hell's Angels, Hell's Wrath

~Hunter~
    SnakeEyes
    Senior Officer of Black September, The Eye
    [Jan 7, 2006 12:04:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Dolgan

Thank you for doing it at a time friendly to the insomniac Europeans.

Dolgan
    Waiting for a carp event for a familiar to be held at 2am PST
    Dolgan

Buying: lime dye!!
    [Jan 7, 2006 5:27:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    shazwilky

Aye, it'll be starting at 1am my time and I'll have been at work until midnight too. But, I'll be there with bells on and loving it. :o)
    Shazbot - Midnight
    [Jan 7, 2006 5:40:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    query

Oooh! Something I might have a chance at! Y'know... Winning something like third, or honorable mention. And, it's an octo (albeit not green/lime)!

I'm in!
    If I weren't such a refined lady, I'd beat the crap out of you. ~ Doris Wodsworth/Washington/Waverley/Wilgus

[Jan 7, 2006 1:21:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.riddlersrealm.com [Link]  Go to top 
    gordo036

What can I say, I like pain *this after coming in 2nd last time* yeah.. count me in :D

Nuemenor
    Nuemenor

Auzziemoo officer chats, "quite a few lazers. im pretty sure not all of them are gunning or writing a book"
    Freja says, "if you survive a week - you will be ready to help us scare the next new pirate half to death"
    [Jan 7, 2006 11:39:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Queanie

Yay for Antipodean friendly timing and I'm with Nuey - I'll be there with the proverbial bells after a decidedly poor showing in the mini-bake off.
    Jezabella
    Supposedly retired, but recently seen skulking around on various botes
    [Jan 8, 2006 8:08:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Peter_Blood

I had to work during all 4 mini's, very much looking forward to this one, even if it is on the wrong ocean.
    Robberbaron

BSB - Midnight
    MG - Sage

[Jan 9, 2006 12:38:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Squashbuckle

Finally, a familiar bake-off I have a real chance at and the time to compete in (maybe - looks good so far). Fear my sparkly hammer!
    Polly
    Hunter
    Captain of Flocktarts

[Jan 10, 2006 9:52:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Nemor

I know no one cares.. and most of Midnight doesnt know who I am... but, I look forward to getting a chance at a carp familiar. Two quick questions... What happens if a non-subscriber wins stuff they cant wear/use? Ships are useless to me, and I cant wear anything but stripeys... Secondly, I know the answer to this one but, is there a way to transfer winnings to a dub ocean?
    Previous King of Vanguard.

Nemor
    Me carping
    [Jan 12, 2006 8:29:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Skype: nemor1 [Link]  Go to top 
    Demonyaj

Subscribe, then. =P
    No, your winnings are non-transferrable to doub oceans. So, you win on Mid, your stuff stays on Mid.
    And I know who you are. Does that count for anything?
    Denying the inevitable for as long as possible is a waste of life's work.
    [Jan 12, 2006 8:35:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    query

Subscribe, then. =P
    No, your winnings are non-transferrable to doub oceans. So, you win on Mid, your stuff stays on Mid.
    And I know who you are. Does that count for anything?

/me Gives Demon a cookie
    If I weren't such a refined lady, I'd beat the crap out of you. ~ Doris Wodsworth/Washington/Waverley/Wilgus

[Jan 12, 2006 12:59:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.riddlersrealm.com [Link]  Go to top 
    Peter_Blood

I remember you nemor, barely, rarely drop in on virid, been a while since consistantly played there. Yeah, can't transfer, which kind of sucks, but they want the oceans seperate, but make it so easy to play all, rather strange.
    Robberbaron

BSB - Midnight
    MG - Sage

[Jan 12, 2006 4:33:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joypad

This would be a good time for us, Viridianites, to go on Midnight and try to win their familiar. Not saying it would be easy to do so, but fun, fun, fun.

I would love nothing more than winning that familiar and letting it dangle on the shoulder of a pirate I never use :)

Toranaga
    [Jan 13, 2006 2:50:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    LethalLizord

I know no one cares.. and most of Midnight doesnt know who I am... but, I look forward to getting a chance at a carp familiar. Two quick questions... What happens if a non-subscriber wins stuff they cant wear/use? Ships are useless to me, and I cant wear anything but stripeys... Secondly, I know the answer to this one but, is there a way to transfer winnings to a dub ocean?

Non-Subbers can wear familiars of course...
    everything else: why would you pick it then?

as for transferring winnings: You may find someone willing to trade ships, or poe... But you better trust them. Doubt ye'll find someone willing to transfer their Viridian familiar to iIdnight :P
    ~Viridian~
    SnakeEye
    Captain of Devil's Playground, Pay for Play

~Sage~
    SnakeEyes
    Officer of Hell's Angels, Hell's Wrath

~Hunter~
    SnakeEyes
    Senior Officer of Black September, The Eye
    [Jan 13, 2006 3:22:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Synful

as for transferring winnings: You may find someone willing to trade ships, or poe... But you better trust them. Doubt ye'll find someone willing to transfer their Viridian familiar to iIdnight :P

Considering this is against the ToS, ye best make sure ye don't get caught out doing it too!
    The name is Synful.
    ------------------------
    [Jan 13, 2006 11:01:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    query

Considering this is against the ToS, ye best make sure ye don't get caught out doing it too!

PoE is one thing, but a familiar? Ha! Yeah, no one will notice the switch. Especially the Wiki.

[Jan 13, 2006 1:35:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.riddlersrealm.com [Link]  Go to top 
    KingKirby2

There's no rule about someone giving you a gift, right? So, why is it against the TOS to give a gift on one ocean and have that someone give you a gift on the other ocean.
    KingKirby on Hunter
    [Jan 13, 2006 1:51:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Posts: 52   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
    [Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates