• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 21
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6176 times and has 20 replies Next Thread
Fiddler

[Selling][All oceans]Storybook, painted, and realistic avatars

Tired of looking beneath your name and seeing nothing there? Discouraged by all the snazzy pieces of artwork that grace the posts of hundreds of forum tarts? Do you just want a new avatar?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then keep on reading.

I've now opened the doors, dusted off my mouse, and am taking comissions for avatars in a variety of styles. Prices are cheap my friends, and quoted in doubloons. If you play on a subscription ocean, keep reading and find out how to pay me at the end of this post. My turnaround time is quick, all but my most expensive avatars will be completed within 24 hours after work begins.
There's a great variety of styles available, priced right to suit you. Why have settle for another cartoon drawing of a noseless pirate when you can have something different?

"Painted" avatars

Amphitrite, Amethyst, Anansi
Very simple body definition, very much a mood piece. 7 doubloons apiece.

"I don't have a name for this style yet" avatars

Eurydice, Amphitrite, Orsino
Bright colors, simple backgrounds, and realistic body proportions. Prices on these avatars run to 10 doubloons, 11 if you want a background fancier than these.

"Storybook" Avatars

Guppymomma, Orsino, Zava, Mogor

Piplicus, Jaenelle, Antix, Ladykay

Ladykay, Spelunk, Truvie, Jasmina

Jollyamelia, Gregbb, Whipleash, Moushtie
Reminiscent of children's storybook covers, prices on these are 4 doubloons for simple backgrounds and 5 doubloons for fancy backgrounds.

Painted and storybook avatars are created at 150 by 150 pixels. Un-named style avatars are drawn large and shrunk to fit. I can also make a 100 by 100 px version for use on Livejournal, Deadjournal, Insanejournal, or whatever journal you like. Prices for additional sizes can be negotiated upon ordering

If you cannot see the images above, check out the YPPedia avatar artists category to see my work.

To place an orer just reply to this thread with your preferred style, choice of simple or fancy background if appropriate, and links to either a screenshot or to a portrait I can refer to (and preference in portrait, title, and theme if ordering a storybook avatar). You may and are encouraged to request specific clothes, colors, poses or themes but I reserve the right to make the final choice.

Reservations can be made beyond the handful of avatars I'm currently working on. You can pay me before or after I finish you image, but those who pre-pay will have their names moved up the queue ahead of those who haven't.

Now, if you wish to pay on Midnight take the doubloon price, replace "doubloons" with "thousand PoE", and multiply by three. To pay on Ice, multiply by two. To pay on Cobalt, multiply by five.
----------------------------------------
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Edit 29 times, last edit by Fiddler at May 23, 2006 6:43:55 AM]
[Dec 28, 2005 10:05:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
Amethystium

Re: [Selling][All oceans]Storybook, painted, and realistic avatars

Shiny! I could use an avatar here...

I like the painted ones a lot. Really neat style, and I've not seen anything quite like it here yet. Can I have one of them please?

I've got portraits galore, go nuts. My only real specification is that I want purple clothes - I'm not exceedingly picky about what kind of clothes though. :)

Thanks much, and you know how to find me. ;)
Amethyst of Viridian

Eurydice says, "No farting, or I'll set whoever does it on FIRE."

[Dec 29, 2005 8:52:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

All done my dear.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Dec 29, 2005 11:06:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

Zava and Mogor, two more satisfied customers.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Whitewyvern wrote: 

[Dec 30, 2005 1:33:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

I'll take a storybook avatar with a fancy background please, paying on Viridian.

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Piplicus_BNO at Jan 1, 2006 7:04:34 AM]
[Jan 1, 2006 7:02:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
A_Nancy

/me points to the left

Very nice, Anansi appreciates.
[Jan 3, 2006 10:07:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Diagonti

Very nice.
Jaenelle
Captain of Simply Pirates

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Raining Cats and Grog distillery on Cranberry,
Hiring at 29/30/35, full queue since 5/24/05.
Looking for a "Simple" Merchant Galleon
[Jan 4, 2006 9:50:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LadyKay006

Absolutly lovely art work and got it within 2 hours of request. I highly recommend trying one.
~LK~
LadyKay of Meridian
[Jan 8, 2006 6:22:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://home.comcast.net/~ladykay006/pictures.html    LadyKay006 [Link]  Go to top 
weejonnyb

what programme do you use?
Zyxt-sux.
[Jan 9, 2006 12:11:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

what programme do you use?

I use Photoshop 7 for the storybook avatars, a combination of Photoshop and Artrage for the painted avatars, and a combination of Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro for the flat-shaded avatars.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Whitewyvern wrote: 

[Jan 9, 2006 5:04:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
Magic28

Am really pleased with it mate! Excellent - done in a jiffy too!

Sonas on the Viridian Ocean
[Jan 18, 2006 4:03:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dentalgirl

Excellant, fast work! Thanks for the GREAT avatars...
[Feb 24, 2006 11:32:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

Edit above: Added some of my recent work and changed pricing on the subscription oceans.

To order on Ice take the doubloon price and multiply by 2,000 PoE. On Midnight multiply by 3,000 PoE and on Cobalt multiply by 5,000 PoE.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Whitewyvern wrote: 

[Mar 31, 2006 8:33:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
smish

I love mine! thanks alot!
Whipleash.
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
[Mar 31, 2006 8:45:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
magicshampoo

Edit above: Added some of my recent work and changed pricing on the subscription oceans.

To order on Ice take the doubloon price and multiply by 2,000 PoE. On Midnight multiply by 3,000 PoE and on Cobalt multiply by 5,000 PoE.

So what is the cost on a dubloon ocean or do you not do that
//Softie\\
[Apr 18, 2006 7:19:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KingGoob

So what is the cost on a dubloon ocean or do you not do that

1. First, look up the doubloon price.
2. Then multiply it by 2,000/3,000/5,000 to get the value on a subscription ocean.
3. Take that price that you calculated and divide by a factor chosen from his list based on the subscription ocean you originally chose to value the avatar on.

Or just do the first step: look at his original prices, which are all in doubloons.
Jack Handey wrote: 
If they ever come up with a swashbuckling school, I think one of the courses should be laughing, then jumping off something.

[Apr 21, 2006 8:43:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
silverlad

I like your story book avatars but i think they are a little pricey on midnight.

Dont get me wrong your avatars are great but some poeple wont get them becuase they cant aford it.

Keep it up
Signed,
Silverlas,

Dian of Midnight
[May 13, 2006 4:55:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Peter_Blood

If you think those are expensive, go check out KingPriams, skye's, and several other artist's prices, 75K and up.
Robberbaron

BSB - Midnight
MG - Sage

Sacrificing Minions: Is there any problem it can't solve? - OotS #192
[May 14, 2006 12:25:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

I like your story book avatars but i think they are a little pricey on midnight.

Since there's no official way to trade PoE between the subscriber oceans I've priced my avatars based on which ocean I would like to have money on. Right now, I'm saving up PoE for a large portrait project on Ice and so would prefer payment there. Prices will always be most expensive on Cobalt as I hardly play there.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Whitewyvern wrote: 

[May 16, 2006 5:13:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
mouschtie

I think I'd be interested in a storybook avatar, based around this portrait
Captain of Champions of Valhalla on Cobalt

Comfort the Disturbed
Disturb the Comfortable
[May 22, 2006 1:42:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

Sure thing; I can get to it later today or maybe tomorrow morning. I assume you'll be paying on Midnight. PM me with some times I'll be able to catch you in-game.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Whitewyvern wrote: 

[May 22, 2006 8:04:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates