• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 82
Posts: 82   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4958 times and has 81 replies Next Thread
Synful

Re: [Cobalt]Dendrite island!

I try to never show my hand until all the cards are dealt. And, if ye were actually involved in either end of this transfer, ye'd already know ;)
----------------------------------------
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Nov 7, 2005 6:14:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crotty

If I had 10 poe for every time someone mentioned blockading Dendrite.....

Do it already.
[Nov 7, 2005 7:17:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
d4rk0n3

I try to never show my hand until all the cards are dealt. And, if ye were actually involved in either end of this transfer, ye'd already know ;)

Prolly the same offer Psychox offered other flags.

I'll give(loan) you the deed to Dendrite on these terms:

(Rumination cannot handle two blockades at once, and they lack the fleet to defend both islands, they needed a sucke...baybsitter to come in and hold the deeds that has a fleet that can defend an outpost at minimum fleet level.)

1. You must agree to help my flag at Cochineal.
2. Your flag must help defend Cochineal from future blockades until the foundation for the island is built upon a successful blockade.
3. Should Rumination not be successful at Cochineal, Dendrite is to be transferred back.
4. Upon success at Cochineal, you will be awarded a shop of your choice after the initial bazaars are made.

SiTW early on made it known they were going to be trying for Cochineal.
Maybe Psychox missed that meeting and is being suckered out of 2 islands.

It is Cobalt you know.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by d4rk0n3 at Nov 7, 2005 8:19:32 PM]
[Nov 7, 2005 8:17:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ninja277

We aren't 'buying' the island. And seriously, for those of you who play on Viridian, don't worry about what happens on Cobalt.
You don't see us rushing to Viridian to interfere do ye? And its not really the third transfer and I don't think any of the islands that were transferred were bought. Kirin was transferred to the flag after the owning flag merged into that flag, its the same owners!

Besides, not that its anybody's business, transferring the island isn't costing us any less than it would cost us to blockade it. Now leave it at that.

As a matter of fact, I see it everyday on the forums that people *interfere* on what is happening on Viridian. So, once those stay out of Viridian business I will stay out of the other oceans. Until then, I am entitled to my opinion whether you like it or not. And just a tidbit, I have two sub accounts and have been known to play all oceans.
Tristan

All Oceans
[Nov 7, 2005 8:19:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Fair enough, Tristan and I agree with you, some people can't just stick to their own oceans politics, but that's neither here nor there.

Muffbeard, once again, yer wrong. I just love the way you act like you know it all when in reality you only think you know it all.

Synful
Who still can't believe someone let him join their crew.

Edit: Dropped a word.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Synful at Nov 7, 2005 11:51:45 PM]
[Nov 7, 2005 11:50:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chewyshoe

Do it already.

I would owe you alot of poe. I will blockade it one day...*Mutters something about people calling the fort ruminator*
Funny exam answers | Free online contests
[Nov 8, 2005 2:44:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
psychox

Muffbeard , ye do really like to stick your nose everywhere , i'd understand it if ye knew at least some things , but in fact , i think ye don't , or maybe im wrong? I myself am directly in that deal and i don't know about it? Weird...
"We're transfering Dendrite to SitW , is there a problem with anyone?"
We reserve the rights to keep details secret i think.
Rivered says, "I love seeing the governor at the table makes me feel much better about my tax money..."
Hohumdiddly lovely said:

Shrike, stop talking please and do your homework before you speak.

[Nov 8, 2005 8:25:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soulja

The fact is, owning an outpost just isn't barrels of fun.
Nemesis wrote: 
Please remove your current signature as, out of context, it is inappropriate.

Idaa wrote: 
people like you are why the world is such a mess and hope you don/t spawn more kids

[Nov 8, 2005 12:41:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kaosfere

The fact is, owning an outpost island just isn't barrels of fun.

Fixed.
I alone have the flet!
[Nov 8, 2005 12:52:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.devzero.org    kaosfere    Torvalds    871887 [Link]  Go to top 
tarf

The fact is, owning having the OMs transfer ownership of an outpost island without a blockade just isn't barrels of fun.

Fixed.

Fixed again.
The Pirate Formerly Known as Tarf
Retired and/or Drunk
[Nov 8, 2005 12:55:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Foilistc

Synful

You're never very careful are you? :)

Foil
I'm old. I don't look it but I'm beginning to feel it in my heart...
[Nov 8, 2005 12:59:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.carlknoch.com [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

...you'd have had 10k poe easily from me by the end of June. ;) Perhaps we can run an event blockade if no other flags oblige...
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Nov 8, 2005 6:35:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonyaj

But this is Cobalt! They don't blockade on Cobalt. At least that's what I have heard.
Denying the inevitable for as long as possible is a waste of life's work.
[Nov 8, 2005 6:41:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mayanjewel

But this is Cobalt! They don't blockade on Cobalt. At least that's what I have heard.

Yeah, well lately they don't blockade on Viridian either (bah dum, ching) and the first blockade on Sage was a triple tart fest. I think Midnight had a blockade last weekend . . .
Mayanjewel

So all were lost, which in the ship were found,
They in the sea being burnt, they in the burnt ship drown'd.
[Nov 8, 2005 8:48:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gloraelin

Synful

Foil

Foil, that wasn't really needed. Why all the attacks against Synful lately?
Jen wrote: 
yes glor.. your boobs are vuluptously awesome.

Ye have received a trade request from Thunderbird.
Those two offers are identical, what's the point?

[Nov 8, 2005 9:50:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/gloraelin/    gloraelin    gloraelin [Link]  Go to top 
ninja277

Yeah, well lately they don't blockade on Viridian either (bah dum, ching) and the first blockade on Sage was a triple tart fest. I think Midnight had a blockade last weekend . . .

Actually, that is not accurate. Just this past weekend as Sage was being blockaded and alot of mates that play Viridian play Sage. Weekend before that was Von Grey against F&L at Olive. I think in 8 months there has been maybe 3 weekends that there wasn't a blockade. And most weekends it is multiple blockades. Conglin II, Corona Reef III, Kirin IV, all islands P4P controls, so I think I am accurate on those. I think Olive is up to five or six. I do not think there is a single island on Viridian that has not been defended:)

Not that it matters, every ocean is different in how they handle politics, islands, blockades, etc.
Tristan

All Oceans
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ninja277 at Nov 8, 2005 9:53:33 PM]
[Nov 8, 2005 9:52:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Kirin and Harmattan have yet to be defended successfully though, as both islands have changed hands every time there's been a blockade. Though I imagine if someone's foolish enough to blockade Kirin now, they're likely to lose.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Nov 8, 2005 10:08:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ninja277

Err... I said that wrong. Every island has been attacked after being inhabited. Ok, I think that is right:)
Tristan

All Oceans
[Nov 8, 2005 10:38:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Foilistc

Synful

Foil

Foil, that wasn't really needed. Why all the attacks against Synful lately?

Which part wasn't needed exactly Glor, and are you Syns bodyguard? I've heard she doesn't need one.

If I felt like attacking Synful I would do it with a war chest, not words on a forum. In fact I didn't attack her at all in this if you read my original post. However, her attitude, and Psychox's for that matter on this topic have been less than friendly. They've been downright unfriendly, secretive about something that doesn't matter at all, and well.... tarty. Those are the kinds of things people remember for a long time, or at least I do.

;)

Foil
[Nov 8, 2005 11:16:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.carlknoch.com [Link]  Go to top 
makingpoe

damn straight foil... im with you
AzureBlue
PTG wrote: 
I always wondered what would happen if nobody got any questions right.
Sorry, kids, you're all too dumb. No prizes for anybody, and Carmen Sandiego's drinking pina coladas with Castro. Way to go, retards.

[Nov 8, 2005 11:40:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    AzureMourning [Link]  Go to top 
Gloraelin

Since when is wanting people to be polite "being someone's bodyguard'?

If I saw someone else do the same thing, I'd point it out to them too. I don't play favorites when it comes to pointing things out.

And as to you attacking her, I reread your post. Three or four times, to be exact, and I still feel like it wasn't needed. It looks to me like you're attacking/criticizing/whatever her for having had a problem with a pirate in the past. That isn't appropirate for the forums, or for any public place at all.

It's her business whether she wants to be secretive or not. I was 'secretive' for a long time about my alts, and that's my personal choice, and it's her choice to do the same about stuff in her flag.

Anything else should probably be taken to PMs. If you have anything else to say, please do so.
Jen wrote: 

[Nov 8, 2005 11:55:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/gloraelin/    gloraelin    gloraelin [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

LOUD NOISES!

Whitefire
Thats about all the more exciting and interesting Cobalt is.
[Nov 9, 2005 1:18:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

If I saw someone else do the same thing, I'd point it out to them too. I don't play favorites when it comes to pointing things out.

Lies. You protect Parth while ignoring his obvious insanity.
[Nov 9, 2005 1:19:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mayanjewel

Actually, that is not accurate. . . (snip) . . . Not that it matters, every ocean is different in how they handle politics, islands, blockades, etc.

I know there are usually blockades on Viridian, which is why I made the joke . . . I had kind of gotten used to Viridian being my personal blockade spa, where I could go on the weekends to just relax and carp, and listen to people scream as their ships go down.
Mayanjewel

So all were lost, which in the ship were found,
They in the sea being burnt, they in the burnt ship drown'd.
[Nov 9, 2005 6:33:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DubRub

You go to Viridian to relax? xp
Dubbrub - The Mad Professor next door
[Nov 9, 2005 6:34:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

The only reason I can come up with for Foilistc's problem with me is the fact that his flag approached me with wanting us to hire them as merc's for Cochineal.

Outside of that, I've not had too many dealings with him outside of selling him a frig one time I believe(if even that) and having him enter some events of the Halloween Bash we held. Oh, I may have seen him at the Shanty Auction. Otherwise, I've never spoken to him.

Anyway, transfer of the island is complete. Renaming buildings is in effect now.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Nov 9, 2005 6:35:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FerdtheGREAT

Since when is wanting people to be polite "being someone's bodyguard'?

And as to you attacking her, I reread your post. Three or four times, to be exact, and I still feel like it wasn't needed. It looks to me like you're attacking/criticizing/whatever her for having had a problem with a pirate in the past. That isn't appropirate for the forums, or for any public place at all.

It's her business whether she wants to be secretive or not. I was 'secretive' for a long time about my alts, and that's my personal choice, and it's her choice to do the same about stuff in her flag.

Anything else should probably be taken to PMs. If you have anything else to say, please do so.

Looks like time to lock the thread :P

Anyway, transfer of the island is complete. Renaming buildings is in effect now.

Not the Ruminator! Anything but the Ruminator! lol Well I guess it's ye island now, do as ye wish. :P

[EDIT- Edited instead of double posting]
Ferdnand
[Edit 1 times, last edit by FerdtheGREAT at Nov 9, 2005 7:13:25 AM]
[Nov 9, 2005 7:09:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rnchairman@yahoo.com    jus24tin [Link]  Go to top 
Gloraelin

Lies. You protect Parth while ignoring his obvious insanity.

Just because you've never seen it doesn't mean I don't tell him stuff.
Jen wrote: 

[Nov 9, 2005 8:13:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/gloraelin/    gloraelin    gloraelin [Link]  Go to top 
Foilistc

The only reason I can come up with for Foilistc's problem with me is the fact that his flag approached me with wanting us to hire them as merc's for Cochineal.

Otherwise, I've never spoken to him.

Interesting that you've never spoken to me, and yet you jump to the conclusion that I would have a problem with you about being hired as a merc at cochineal.

I don't have a problem with you personally, I just don't like island transfers, and would hope that you are blockaded there soon by those who agree with me that getting an island without blockading for it is no fun for all the mates in the ocean that love blockades. It takes away from the game in my mind.

Foil

Here's hoping there's a blockade soon, and that someone makes it sinking so we can see if they've increased the frequency of injuries with the new potions you can buy at the apoths.
[Nov 10, 2005 8:03:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.carlknoch.com [Link]  Go to top 
Prosperity

I'm about ready to tell everything I know. I'm not entirely sure why this transfer happened but I have talked to Synful and Psychox recently involving Dendrite... it's weird how they go from enemies to friends so quickly... I have to agree with D4rk0n3.
Obsidian: Inglorious Basterds, Guerrilla Warfare
CFO, Nonsensical Nudity Inc.
[Nov 10, 2005 8:10:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 82   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates