• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 82
Posts: 82   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7806 times and has 81 replies Next Thread
Dionysus
OceanMaster

November's Mini-Events! Step Right Up! Reply to this Post

November's Mini-Events! Step Right Up!

Come one, come all and see the first episode of The Monthly Mini-Events Extravaganza! Be amazed at the Golden Touch! Try to impress the Fabulous Fabulist! Win crackerjack prizes! Step right up!

In an effort to bring you, the pillaging public, a more concentrated form of excitement, our crack team of Funologists have been toiling day and night inside the Puzzle Pirates Laboratories to design tests of skill and cunning for both our mariners and our muses. November is the first showcase of their work! So sharpen your rapiers and your rapier wits, mortals, the games are on!

"Dionysus," you may be saying, "there's already so much for the elite rogues and writers, what about us regular folks?"

To you, my pirates and pirettes, I say this! These aren't the Bake-Offs and Familiar Tournaments you've come to know, but impromptu adventures and scheduled acts of derring-do that everyone can be a part of; just bring your marauding self. That isn't to say you'll be going home empty-handed, our winners can expect to receive any of the following lovely rewards:
  • Mountains of PoE!
  • Custom-named Sloops or other ships!
  • Trinkets!
  • Portrait opportunities with the OMs!
  • Our Monthly Mini-Events home game!
  • And much, much more!
So step right up! These prizes won't win themselves!

Midas' Golden Treasure Ship!

Oh poor Midas! Poor, lamentable Midas! He's learning the hard way to be careful what you wish for. For covering my chum Silenus' bar tab, I granted him a single mighty wish! Like any right-minded entrepreneur, his thoughts went straight to his wallet! "Give me the golden touch," he shouted, perhaps figuratively ...

... well you know how the rest goes. They say no good deed goes unpunished and let no man alive say Dionysus doesn't like to pull a good prank! I gave you hangovers, didn't I? Now, overloaded with gold, he's sailing through our own oceans! He's still learning the sea lanes, so you'll be able to track him with a little ease, but he may just pop up when you aren't expecting him.

He'll be crossing each ocean once this month, so catch him while you can! His route will be announced before each attempt. Don't expect this to be a walk in the park, you surreptitious swindlers, this Treasure Ship will be well guarded! You'd better bring your best if you want to come away with more than bruises.

Details: For this first month Midas will only be sailing Sloops, so get together your six best mates. Please limit your attacks to one, we don't want one group of miscreants making off with all Midas' moolah.

Dates and Times:
Midnight: November 6 6:00 PM PST
Sage: November 11 6:00 PM PST
Cobalt: November 18 6:00 PM PST
Viridian: November 27 6:00 PM PST

Aesop's Fables!

With the departure of Eris, the weekly poetry corner is all but lost. How are you to shine your sparkling wordplay now? Fear not, blabbering buccaneers! One of the original tellers of tales has come to bring back the in-game Literary event, but he's been afflicted with the dread writer's block! Can your prose bring back his fabled creative spirit? He hopes so! Will it be a clever play on words that wins the day? Or a laugh out loud parody of his ideas? Who knows? Be there!

Details: On November 12th, at 6:00 PM PST in the Midnight Ocean, Aesop will broadcast the start of the event and a jobbing contact to join him on his Grand Frigate.

Only those who wish to participate should apply, no spectators please!

Once all the competitors are aboard the Grand Frigate they will be given the moral of a story and fifteen minutes to compose the most piratical fable to place alongside it. When the time is up, entires will be read aloud by the writers in a random order, not alphabetically. You Z-named pirates won't get any extra time to touch up your masterpieces. Please write your entry in Notepad or another outside program to allow for easy copy/paste when asked to be read. Entries will be judged by a panel of three.

The winner will have the choice of a custom-named Sloop, a portrait with the OM of their choice or a selection of two basic Trinkets.

Second will be able to choose from the two remaining prizes, third will be given the last. Any honorable mentions will receive a 1k prize.

The entires will be posted in the forums after the competition for all who couldn't join to read.
----------------------------------------
Dionysus is bad at this game.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Dionysus at Nov 1, 2005 9:26:00 PM]
[Nov 1, 2005 12:17:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
andypeet

Re: November's Mini-Events! Step Right Up! Reply to this Post

6.00am right?

Yay for European friendly times!
[Nov 1, 2005 12:58:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    legendandyp [Link]  Go to top 
Dionysus
OceanMaster

Whoops, that's an error on my part, I meant PM. This is a test run of sorts, but you can expect more Euro-friendly times in the months ahead. That's a guarantee.
[Nov 1, 2005 9:24:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Karacan

Oh... Aesop's Fables sounded like fun, but at 4 am, the time it would take place over here, this ain't so much... not that it wouldn't be doable with my regular day-and-night schedule, but my creativity starts to suffer heavily after midnight.

I suppose it's too late to petition for more moderate times? (Especially considering that this would then kick our australian friends' booty...)
- Ratnose, prettiest drunk of the Midnight Ocean

Master of the Pie

Springheel tells you, "*bite* im a rainbow!"

[Nov 2, 2005 3:23:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kgarrett1969

Will the prizes for "Aesop's Fables!" be granted only on Midnight or will they be on the ocean of choice for the participant?
Hawkings
Fleet Officer of Silver Dragons
Citizen of Meridian

Apollo wrote, "Hawkings has changed my life. ;)"
[Nov 2, 2005 3:40:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zim_was_here

• What in the seven sea's is this?

Quintillaz has been assigned the title of Builder in Dagger Revolution.
    Juliah says, "because you "erect" things.... *giggles*"

wee howdypedia

Quintillaz
    [Nov 2, 2005 11:23:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/zim_was_here    zim_was_here    zimwashere2 [Link]  Go to top 
    Dionysus
    OceanMaster

I suppose it's too late to petition for more moderate times? (Especially considering that this would then kick our australian friends' booty...)
    Not at all. If there's enough feedback asking for more widespread times, I'll see what I can do about scheduling more this month, but it will certainly mean you'll see events set for different timezones next month.

Would both 6PM and AM (the following morning) be better?

Will the prizes for "Aesop's Fables!" be granted only on Midnight or will they be on the ocean of choice for the participant?
    Aesop's Fables will be a continuing event, each time on a different ocean. This first attempt's prizes will be limited to Midnight.

Humor.
    [Nov 2, 2005 5:03:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Darkaardvark

Not at all. If there's enough feedback asking for more widespread times, I'll see what I can do about scheduling more this month, but it will certainly mean you'll see events set for different timezones next month.

Aesop's Fables will be a continuing event, each time on a different ocean. This first attempt's prizes will be limited to Midnight.

Humor.

Aww. *wanted to play cute minigames on a cute mini-board*
    Pleun wrote: 
    Try searching using the correct spelling, the search option is very picky about that.

(Avatar by Synful.)
    [Nov 2, 2005 7:44:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    kmf

I would love to participate but living in the UK 6PM is just too late (early) for me. 6.00am would be fantastic, but if it was the following day I still wouldn't be able to enter as I would be working (thats for the Midnight Event). I'm very keen to enter future sessions of this though :)
    kmf
    Looterati, Midnight Ocean
    Painting Midnight purple, one ship at a time...
    [Nov 3, 2005 12:08:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    zim_was_here

That's what I thought it was?

wee howdypedia

Quintillaz
    [Nov 3, 2005 6:31:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/zim_was_here    zim_was_here    zimwashere2 [Link]  Go to top 
    Dionysus
    OceanMaster

You aren't sure?
    [Nov 3, 2005 6:40:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Gotagota

Wouldn't that be the Travel Edition?

I expect the full home game would have a massive board and a dice popper roller thingy since they're keen.
    Fronsac, human.
    Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
    add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
    -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Nov 3, 2005 10:56:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    starrarose

Oh... Aesop's Fables sounded like fun, but at 4 am, the time it would take place over here, this ain't so much... not that it wouldn't be doable with my regular day-and-night schedule, but my creativity starts to suffer heavily after midnight.

6pm ocean time works out at 1pm AEDST, 12pm AEST (Bloody QLD), 12pm ACDST and 11am WDST so even shifting them to 6AM won't really do much to hurt us. (Yes I'm an insomniac) I play at 3am better than I do at 3pm anyway. It's just the having to get *up* early for things that tends to royally mess with my head.
    Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
    TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Nov 3, 2005 8:23:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Karacan

It's definitely better, but since this falls directly into a time where most of us euros have to be at work (not including myself here because I work weird shifts), it won't be much of a help... Now, 6am the previous (read: Sunday, unless I messed something up here) morning would be as perfect as it gets, I suppose... just moving the initial time a few hours earlier would be a great help, too.

Oh well, ye can't please anyone - thanks a lot fer trying, though :)
    - Ratnose, prettiest drunk of the Midnight Ocean

Master of the Pie

Springheel tells you, "*bite* im a rainbow!"

[Nov 4, 2005 3:51:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Mad_Ben

Cool! Great ideas but let me get this straight.

6pm PST right? Which is about 3 or 4 am GMT. And that's on 27th November? A sunday?!

If so, then yeah I would like some more european-friendly times too.

I agree with Karacan. 6am PST Sunday would be perfect.
    ~ Cpt. Largo of Meridian
    Super Scuppers
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Mad_Ben at Nov 4, 2005 4:22:47 AM]
    [Nov 4, 2005 4:21:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    zim_was_here

You aren't sure?

How can anybody be sure of anything.

wee howdypedia

Quintillaz
    [Nov 4, 2005 8:04:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/zim_was_here    zim_was_here    zimwashere2 [Link]  Go to top 
    Gotagota

How can anybody be sure of anything.

I am, I think.
    Fronsac, human.
    Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
    add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
    -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Nov 4, 2005 8:55:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    cheap369

SO is that 6:00 Puzzle pirates time??
    [Nov 4, 2005 1:07:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    meow123_456

SO is that 6:00 PM Puzzle pirates time??

yes
    Oxbridge of Hunter

Guess Who wrote: 
    Pillaging Sucks.

[Nov 4, 2005 1:08:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=209719 [Link]  Go to top 
    binkersgay

what type of ship is midas sailing.. so i know wahich 1 to take out...

Binkerlvsmen
    SO and Explorer of
    Hells Angels
    [Nov 4, 2005 6:25:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    blue_jacket

Details: For this first month Midas will only be sailing Sloops, so get together your six best mates. Please limit your attacks to one, we don't want one group of miscreants making off with all Midas' moolah.

-Yaten
    YPPedia administrator. Mostly retired.

[Nov 4, 2005 9:00:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    YatenPirate [Link]  Go to top 
    super_kong41

what!? Europe friendly? What about Asia friendly?ARRGG!!!
    Siruis on Malachite, Viridian, Sage
    Amparojack on Cobalt
    Malachite = BAD

Currently playing Cobalt
    [Nov 4, 2005 10:37:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Blueman266

I wanna screenie of Midas's ship plz
    A crust of bread is better than nothing
    Nothing is better than true love
    So is a crust of bread better tan true love!
    [Nov 5, 2005 12:26:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    basher

For this first month Midas will only be sailing Sloops, so get together your six best mates.

So it can only be six mates? I can't fill up a sloop?
    Basher
    Former King of Carpe Noctem
    Basher Bash!
    [Nov 5, 2005 1:18:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    SeanaMO

I'm thinking he meant you AND your six mates...making 7, a full sloop...
    Ceylon
    SO of The Forsaken
    Sultan's Sword - Midnight Ocean
    [Nov 5, 2005 1:26:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    basher

oh.. Well that makes more sense then
    Basher
    Basher Bash!
    [Nov 5, 2005 8:53:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Surlenza

What route is Midas taking on the Midnight ocean? He will be nearly impossible to find if he does not tell us soon.
    [Nov 6, 2005 3:07:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    basher

Another Question:

Are we going to be able to shoot the treasure ship? I know in the past that we weren't allowed as to give others a fair chance and to cut down on time.
    Basher
    Basher Bash!
    [Nov 6, 2005 4:38:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Dionysus
    OceanMaster

Midas will be sailing from Oyster to Cnossos through Alpha in one hour.

A few shots won't hurt, but let's not take up too much time in the battles. We're not trying to sink him and there are bound to be others waiting.
    [Nov 6, 2005 4:58:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Shuranthae

With the departure of Eris, the weekly poetry corner is all but lost. How are you to shine your sparkling wordplay now? Fear not, blabbering buccaneers! One of the original tellers of tales has come to bring back the in-game Literary event, but he's been afflicted with the dread writer's block! Can your prose bring back his fabled creative spirit? He hopes so! Will it be a clever play on words that wins the day? Or a laugh out loud parody of his ideas? Who knows? Be there!

Only those who wish to participate should apply, no spectators please!

*cries* That's not fair referencing Eris' poetry corner and not letting me come as a spectator. I always came to poetry corner and never participated, and was mocked in verse for it everytime. *sobs*
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Shuranthae at Nov 6, 2005 7:25:19 PM]
    [Nov 6, 2005 7:19:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Posts: 82   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates