• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1427 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
IceColdFire

[Buying] Reverse Avatar Auction Reply to this Post

Twiggy needs an avatar!

Do you enjoy art, and feel that you do it incredibly with a touch of sublime? Are you an aspiring artist, or photoshop god in the making that wishes to get some of the spotlight?

For a limited time only, you can participate in the Reverse Auction Contest... of doom!

No, there arent any familiars in this event. Rome isnt raffling himself off, and Scupperer certainly isnt getting off his booty. Subliminal isnt including Harmattan Island as a prize, and the Fandangos arent giving you their fleet.

This is a straight up artistical war, battling head to head or pencil to pencil in an attempt to portray yourself as a worthy avatar merchant.

It wont be entirely about who can draw best. Put your mind to the test, and win my vote. Can you offer an amazing portrait for a ridiculously cheap price? Can you create a subpar portrait, charge a large price and get away with it?

This is about manipulation and presentation. I want you to make me buy your avatar. Give me no choice but to drool over the hyperlinking of your glory.

PoE (or doubloons as well) can be paid on either Midnight or Viridian. Depending on the responce, i may pick one from each ocean. Or two from the same.

Also depending on the ocean and responce, prizes may be tacked on. But alas, this will be a suprise and one that will be held in suspence until the last moment.

Details:
Two portraits to base your picture on:
Portrait 1
Portrait 2

My favourite puzzles are drinking, swordfighting and gunning. Seductiveness = teh cool.

Edit: /e smacks the familiar contest below him. Damn timing.
----------------------------------------
-Twiggy

Zezuma says, "what type of ship is this"
Jiiggsaw says, "i think a war fridge"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by IceColdFire at Sep 27, 2005 2:17:09 AM]
[Sep 27, 2005 1:23:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ihope127

Re: [Buying] Reverse Avatar Auction Reply to this Post

I would make an avatar for you, but what I had in mind got corrupted by a bunch of evil children's TV show artists.

Is that okay, or does it have to actually look like what I had in mind when I was making it?
No soy un número. ¡Soy un hombre gratis!
[Sep 27, 2005 5:46:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

Im really not picky either way. You could even make an avatar that really has nothing to do with Puzzle Pirates, but you probably wouldnt win.

If you can pull off something that matches a piratical description of me, your clearly going to get points. If its unique and fresh, more points.

If you want to get five people together, each put a scribble of paint on it and charge me 5PoE, ill probably accept it as a side-winner. But alas, that is also a winner.

I want this to be serious, as i really want a nice quality avatar, but i also want it to be a game. How can you escape far enough from the bunch to get chosen?

Sure, go for it. Run buck wild.

-Twiggy

[Edit 1 times, last edit by IceColdFire at Sep 27, 2005 10:08:40 AM]
[Sep 27, 2005 10:08:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zim_was_here

Um. sorry mate this idea has been taken and shot down many times.

Quintillaz has been assigned the title of Builder in Dagger Revolution.
Juliah says, "because you "erect" things.... *giggles*"

wee howdypedia

Quintillaz
[Sep 28, 2005 2:23:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/zim_was_here    zim_was_here    zimwashere2 [Link]  Go to top 
mmgrcool

Its a kewl idea ill get ye one in about 2 days.\

mmgrcool,
halloween avatars ok? XD jk
Hypnos wrote: 
Dude. I don't care if she's cute. Girls have cooties.

[Sep 29, 2005 6:48:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.greensouls.com [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

Yes.
-Twiggy

[Oct 1, 2005 5:40:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ihope127

Oh wait a minute: I had simply gotten the curvature wrong. Now, once I find a decent image editing program, I might have something...
No soy un número. ¡Soy un hombre gratis!
[Oct 1, 2005 6:38:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
d4rk0n3

Heh, here is something just threw together

[Oct 25, 2005 10:49:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jennygalaxy

go to
http://jennysavatarshop.piczo.com
Jennygalaxy, formally Cobalt, now Meridian Ocean.
[Dec 6, 2005 4:06:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jennylikesgalaxy [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates