• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 902
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 86482 times and has 901 replies Next Thread
Zava

Re: *Hyperventilates* Housing on ice! Reply to this Post

Eek. Totally forgot to post this. Here!

Cottage Screenshots (stitched together, since it's a cute house)
----------------------------------------
Zava, Obsidian & Sage.
Vodoodude tells ye, "wow yer a life saver"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Zava at Jul 29, 2005 2:58:35 PM]
[Jul 29, 2005 2:58:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZavaIsALifesaver/ [Link]  Go to top 
Chubbytubby

Nice pictures! i can't wait to get to fort royal to see them myself. But i just can't find a way to get there.....
Liomari - Senior Officer of Odin's Demise- Lady of The Eye
Hunter Ocean
[Jul 29, 2005 3:11:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ryboy5

!!! Reply to this Post

Doggone it! I need housing! lol

Man someone needs to pat OOO Team on the back... this is like the coolest idea hehe

Seeing the grass in the cottage makes me think how fun it would be if there could be like gardening, which has alot of possibilities if you think about it. Maybe you could grow your own fruits and vegetables! (lol) Well at least maybe we can get more plants we can place eventually... or maybe like benches, gazebos and cobblestone bridges hehe

Alright my tangents over lol
==Gameboy, nerd of the Seas==
Those are some nice pants.

Poseidon says, "then tell me THAT ONE!! PWEESE"
[Jul 29, 2005 3:57:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.double-u-double-u-double-u-dot-dot-com.com [Link]  Go to top 
LethalLizord

Re: housing costs Reply to this Post

[quote][quote]so what is tthe deal with house costs, some say it costs rent some say it is free on some islands, etc. can someone send a straight answer[/quote]
Your first shack, on your home island, is free. Every other type of housing costs money to purchase. There is no weekly rent like here is with businesses, only the initial cost. You can sell your home back and receive half the purchase price back (note: this doesn't apply to the free starter shack.)

As for costs,

[quote:0e5920a764="Zarn on page 19"]As for house pricing, it would appear you double the cost each level you go up:
Shack (with the exception of first shack on home island): 1250
Cabin: 2500*
Bungalow: 5000*
Cottage: 10,000
House: 20,000
Home: 40,000*
Manor: 80,000
Villa: 160,000*
Mansion: 320,000
Estate: 640,000

* indicates unconfirmed pricing but fits into the equation with confirmed housing costs.
(prices as set on Ice)[/quote]

Fiddler,
figuring we need a FAQ to be reposted at the top of every other page by now,

and falling into the tagline trap. Curse you Falkston!![/quote]

I can confirm the villa price.. as seen on diablo island
~Viridian~
SnakeEye
Captain of Devil's Playground, Pay for Play

~Sage~
SnakeEyes
Officer of Hell's Angels, Hell's Wrath

~Hunter~
SnakeEyes
Senior Officer of Black September, The Eye
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LethalLizord at Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM]
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

chemicalgirl wrote: 
I'm a screenie taking fool. Maybe I'll see if I can harass Liz into hooking me up. If only one person wants, it's enough for me to post all the pictures I have on the Housing thread. PLEASE add your pics to it!

Maybe it should be moved to Shore Leave? But... it is Game Design? =/

Of course we want pics, silly. ;) I had taken and posted pics of all rooms before the update, for as far someone else hadn't. Since the update i've only been in the new and improved house, but there are already pics of that. I have bugged OM's and devs to show me any type, i must be driving them crazy, but they haven't shown me so far, so i don't have new screen shots. :(
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Edit 1 times, last edit by fanta at Jul 29, 2005 6:46:50 PM]
[Jul 29, 2005 6:46:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Beautymaus

it was mentioned before that when you give back your room you can get back a bit of the poe you paid for it. How much is it?
Is it worth to start with something small? Or better save all the poe for the biggest and then buy?
[Jul 29, 2005 6:50:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    113262929 [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

Beautymaus wrote: 
it was mentioned before that when you give back your room you can get back a bit of the poe you paid for it. How much is it?
Is it worth to start with something small? Or better save all the poe for the biggest and then buy?

[size=24]↑3
Pleun,

[Jul 29, 2005 7:00:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Beautymaus

sry overread, to many pages for me, thx a lot!
[Jul 29, 2005 8:45:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    113262929 [Link]  Go to top 
crazyluigi

I think a free tour of the house you are looking at buying would be very beneficial. I'm not talking about just Ice either, a tour should be in the production oceans as well. In real life, you would NEVER dream of buying house if you didn't know what you were getting beforehand.
Crazyluigi

Officer and Navigator of the Cartographers
[Jul 29, 2005 9:33:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clerks76

From a governor's perspective:

Can houses be dusted? If a governor creates a bungalow when meaning to create a cottage, is there a way to remove the bungalow?

If a governor finds that the current housing solution on zir island is sub-optimal and wishes to upgrade or downgrade the housing, is there a means to do so by dusting the current structure and creating a new building?

I think any tenants of the existing structure should be able to keep their homes, but if the building is empty the governor should be able to dust the site. One way the gov could get current tenants to move out is to give tenants the greater of a) PoE they'd need to take rooms in the new building or b) PoE spent to acquire the rooms in the first place.
Vulgarbeard
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
Captain of Plank Club
Lord of Avalon
http://avalon.nightstar.ca/forum/

Avatar by Fuzzybeard, compliments of Quid Pro Pose
[Jul 29, 2005 9:41:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://avalon.nightstar.ca/forum/ [Link]  Go to top 
McStew721

crazyluigi wrote: 
In real life, you would NEVER dream of buying house if you didn't know what you were getting beforehand.

It's even worse that you can't possibly sell it if you don't like it, even if someone else likes it.
McStew - Llyr's Pact, Carpe Noctem
[Jul 30, 2005 12:01:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    McStew721 [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

crazyluigi wrote: 
I think a free tour of the house you are looking at buying would be very beneficial. I'm not talking about just Ice either, a tour should be in the production oceans as well. In real life, you would NEVER dream of buying house if you didn't know what you were getting beforehand.

From what I understand, they want to keep this as a surprise, but I'm right with ye, if I am going to lay out 180k or more for a house, I want to make sure I like the layout inside and out and that I will be happy there. I don't see why they can't assign an AI into one of each type of housing so someone shows home but then again, how would they train that AI to answer the door?

I'd also like to see some housing other than the shack be added to pre-colonized(Ringer owned with bazaars already applied) to get the housing started, especially on the newer Oceans since just now was the second large island opened for blockade(August 6th).

And one last thing, I wonder why there is no castle? Surely, royalty would love to live in their own castle!
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jul 30, 2005 2:00:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Parthanos

Danke for ze whisk to Fort Royal:) (If your wondering or in need, see news and events on the jobbing board).
Long retired, mostly expired

Angelmarie tells you, "*nods* I know. :) La Giustazia Inpronouncable.... ;)"
[Jul 30, 2005 4:37:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    AlaskanParamedic@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
Parthanos

Right oh, having now played with housing a bit, I have only one big change I'd like to see. Everything else looks pretty neat:)

I would echo the sentitments that housing should have a feature of 'locked' and 'unlocked'. Default settins would be locked, but I'd like owners to be able to leave their door open so people could visit. This would be espically nice in ice currently (to see mansions, etc.) but also would be nice in other oceans so that the average player could get to see first hand what the differences are. it would also provide a way for people to display their wealth, items, etc. in a way which is fun. The only down side I can see is that eventually the list of open housing might get long, so much so that it would be annoying to navigate. Perhaps a go to command should also be included?

I would also like an option to 'lock' the floor plan to acompany this idea. This would disallow a bunch of fools putting driftwood all over my house;) I imagine the lock floor plan idea could be toggled on and off as well.

[Jul 30, 2005 4:54:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    AlaskanParamedic@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

char wrote: 
The new Housing and location and Prices

Villa Diablo 160k

Bungalow Fort Royal (no buy botton already bugged)

Cottage Fort Royal 10k

Estate Fort Royal 640k

Mansion Fort Royal 320k

Shack Shatterstone Free

Manor Shatterstone 80k

House Eieio 20k

Thats all I can find... Although I don't have all the islands to whisk to I searched Kings, Fort Royal, Diablo, Shatterstone, Oubliette, Eieio, Winking Wall and Cold Spring

Edit: I need Cabins and Homes
Edit: Added Winking Wall to searched list
Edit: Added Cold Spring to searched list

Anyone found the cabin and home yet? Any other islands been searched?

There's notting on wemadeit. Or wyeth for that matter. I think the places with most chances are maelstrom and escher, seeing how mini, cringe and yorrick are outposts.
Pleun,

[Jul 30, 2005 6:09:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Parthanos wrote: 
Danke for ze whisk to Fort Royal:) (If your wondering or in need, see news and events on the jobbing board).

Obviously it was very temporary because it is not there now.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jul 30, 2005 1:13:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Parthanos

Continuing on further thoughts:

Honestly, I'd rather see a 'manager' type setting for housing, than anyone can set down furnature. I think manager spots in general need to expand into housing, palaces, and any area that needs and currently lacks them. This will in turn allow people to purchase housing with friends (perhaps why there isnt a manager aspect, to avoid the problems associated with group ownership?), flag/crew housing, and so on.

Given that the main feature of an inn (games of chance) is now something anyone can own/buy, I hope they either get revamped, or some sort of housing also is put in upstairs. Renting rooms would be damn cool:) Even if it was a non for profit event.

[Jul 30, 2005 1:37:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    AlaskanParamedic@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
char

fanta wrote: 
char wrote: 

Villa Diablo 160k

Cottage Fort Royal 10k

Estate Fort Royal 640k

Mansion Fort Royal 320k

Shack Shatterstone Free

Manor Shatterstone 80k

House Eieio 20k

Thats all I can find... Although I don't have all the islands to whisk to I searched Kings, Fort Royal, Diablo, Shatterstone, Oubliette, Eieio, Winking Wall and Cold Spring

There's notting on wemadeit. Or wyeth for that matter. I think the places with most chances are maelstrom and escher, seeing how mini, cringe and yorrick are outposts.

Theres always the possiblity that thoughs rooms have not been coded and there for not been put in by the ringers yet. OR just not been placed on an island yet ;)
Zife
Senior Officer of Black Death
Host of the 11th Black Death Tournament
Co-Host of the 10th Black Death Tournament
[Jul 30, 2005 3:21:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Parthanos

Synful wrote: 
Parthanos wrote: 

Your not missing much. The external art is cool, but what I was really after was an inside glimpse. Hey devs, I know yer wanting an ice community, but you know this testing thing would be more fun if we all simply had free poe. Just a thought.

Anyhow, I'll see if I can catch Liz hanging around her estate;)

[Jul 30, 2005 3:37:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    AlaskanParamedic@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
zoip

Parthanos wrote: 
Synful wrote: 
Parthanos wrote: 

Your not missing much. The external art is cool, but what I was really after was an inside glimpse. Hey devs, I know yer wanting an ice community, but you know this testing thing would be more fun if we all simply had free poe. Just a thought.

The Ice economy is starting to pick up now. Free PoE now would break things and badly. Free or extremely reduced prices on houses, on the other hand, would be kinda cool.
drstupid wrote: 
If [your argument] is "good enough" for you, then having the reanimated corpse of Ludwig Wittgenstein throttle you in your sleep is too good for you.

[Jul 30, 2005 3:44:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

char wrote: 
Theres always the possiblity that thoughs rooms have not been coded and there for not been put in by the ringers yet. OR just not been placed on an island yet ;)

Very true, but we won't know for sure untill all islands are checked. I'd be bummed if there is no cabin yet. That one i could actually affort to get on ice soon enough.
Pleun,

[Jul 30, 2005 6:54:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

fanta wrote: 
char wrote: 

Villa Diablo 160k

Cottage Fort Royal 10k

Estate Fort Royal 640k

Mansion Fort Royal 320k

Shack Shatterstone Free

Manor Shatterstone 80k

House Eieio 20k

There's also notting on maelstrom, escher, mini and yorrick. That only leaves cringe unchecked.
Pleun,

[Jul 31, 2005 12:17:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
revengeblade

making the chesses be able to hold your money like a bank. people spend there money when its always on them, so it gives them a chance to save it. also making it possible to deposit money into people chess....

DEMO/MODEL HOMES! so you can see what the house looks like b4 you buy it and not haveing to wait for someone to be home to see theres...
*RETIRED*
Keep your friends close and your enemys closer
[Jul 31, 2005 1:42:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

revengeblade wrote: 
making the chests be able to hold your money like a bank. people spend there money when its always on them, so it gives them a chance to save it. also making it possible to deposit money into people chest....

DEMO/MODEL HOMES! so you can see what the house looks like b4 you buy it and not having to wait for someone to be home to see theres...

fixed

[size=9]gawd, I am so anal-retentive right now
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jul 31, 2005 2:20:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

revengeblade wrote: 
making the chesses be able to hold your money like a bank. people spend there money when its always on them, so it gives them a chance to save it. also making it possible to deposit money into people chess....

Chests in houses:
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=381000#381000
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=381282#381282
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=384800#384800
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=388455#388455
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=389425#389425
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=390032#390032
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=21593

I think it's very likely that chests to hold PoE and other items will be implemented. The idea won't get lost.

revengeblade wrote: 
DEMO/MODEL HOMES! so you can see what the house looks like b4 you buy it and not haveing to wait for someone to be home to see theres...

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=390942#390942

If you're having trouble trying to find if an idea has been brought up before, you can ask for help here:
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=6605

Faulkston,
trawled this thread
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Faulkston at Jul 31, 2005 2:21:44 AM]
[Jul 31, 2005 2:21:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
stefsorceror

Synful wrote: 
revengeblade wrote: 
making the chests be able to hold your money like a bank. people spend their money when its always on them, so it gives them a chance to save it. also making it possible to deposit money into people chest....

DEMO/MODEL HOMES! so you can see what the house looks like b4 you buy it and not having to wait for someone to be home to see theres...

fixed

[size=9]gawd, I am so anal-retentive right now

if you change spelling mistakes, don't forget to change the there into their :)
Tibiaking. Member of TTB, SN. Too cool to have a quote in my signature.

Disclaimer: None of my posts are ment to be offensive. Any tarting about the offensiveness of my posts will be ingored.
[Jul 31, 2005 2:30:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
revengeblade

i hate you people and forums, i dont have time go searching for the shit i am posting to see if its already there... if you dont like what i wrote dont read it.
*RETIRED*
Keep your friends close and your enemys closer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by revengeblade at Jul 31, 2005 2:50:16 AM]
[Jul 31, 2005 2:50:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anyGould

revengeblade wrote: 
i hate you people and forums,

Sigged.
Crazyfox, First Mate of Plunder Inc

revengeblade wrote: 
i hate you people and forums,

[Jul 31, 2005 2:52:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

revengeblade wrote: 
i hate you people and forums, i dont have time go searching for the shit i am posting to see if its already there... if you dont like what i wrote dont read it.

Yeah, like we have time to read the same suggestions over and over again. It's hard enough to keep up without having people post things that have been posted many times before. And uhm, we can't tell that what you posted has been posted before without reading it. Everyone gets yelled at for not searching if their ideas have been posted before. And faulkston actually provides a useful link service.
Pleun,

[Jul 31, 2005 3:32:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chemicalgirl

With 10 different styles of housing to choose from, and therefore 10 different structures, I assume land holders will want to only build maybe 3 housing options on their islands. This construction will be extremely expensive, and take a while, i'm sure. It's already been said that flags will have to pay for the construction, so I'm wondering how they'll recoup the cost, or if this is just another sucky thing about about being a land-holder.

When a place is bought, does the money got to Davy Jones or to the palace?

Also, being able to upgrade gets my vote. Yes, i know it's been mentioned, I'm just voting for it. :-)

Another thing i'd like to re-mention (and vote for :-P) is the option of having a "butler". I'd love to have a bunch of friends over and not have to keep "answering the door", especially when it doesn't make any noise. An /finvite or /cinvite would be awesome. I know that's also been mentioned already.
Silk

Stuyvesant flag officer chats, "You remember that whole "Midnight is better than Everything" phase?"
Silk flag officer chats, "phase...?"
Current Avatar by Falmari
[Jul 31, 2005 4:22:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Silk_Princess1978    Sylkprincess [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates