• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2606 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Meghaford

ship ring colors Reply to this Post

which has more people on board, light blue or dark blue?
----------------------------------------
--Ursela, Captain of the Dastards
... and a few others ...
[May 26, 2003 12:16:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.rjmlb.com [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Re: ship ring colors Reply to this Post

It isn't directly governed by number of people. The color is calculated based on how many crewmembers and how skilled they are, modified by their track record. So, a terrifying pair on a small sloop could have the same color as an inept horde in a brig. As far as colors go, hot means tough, cold means easy. For those without an eye for color comparisons:

EASY

-Blue
---blue-greens
-Green
---green-yellows
-Yellow
---oranges
-Red

HARD

The darker the color, the more fully in its category (so dark blue is very easy and dark red is very hard).

Good luck, mates.

-Nemo
[May 26, 2003 3:35:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

And dead in the middle the "green-yellows" is the difficulty that is exactly like your own crew right?
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[May 26, 2003 5:27:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Right.
[May 26, 2003 6:38:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meghaford

so you're saying dark blue is the easiest, light blue is closer to Green...
--Ursela, Captain of the Dastards
... and a few others ...
[May 26, 2003 8:36:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.rjmlb.com [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

Dangit Im in a Paintshop mood today, although im not 100% sure my gradient is correct?:

-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[May 26, 2003 9:03:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Opponent Might Reply to this Post

After careful consultation with Peghead, I have created for you a chart similar to Silverbeard's, but straight from the seahorse's mouth.

-Nemo

edit: ...and unwittingly reversed Silver's direction. Ah well, the information is accurate none the less.
[May 27, 2003 3:05:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tw11st38r

Now if I attack a small BRIGHT RED ship, am I still going to get the "don't attack smaller ships message"? (i'm not in the game right now, or i'd test it out myself) Or does the game see that I'm attacking a difficult ship and therefore don't have to worry about the mysterious "BLACK SHIP"?

Blackdeath
[May 27, 2003 3:35:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates