• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2039 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
deathprog23

Drinkin' an' fightin' tournament | Tues Oct 14 | 9pm BST | Reply to this Post

Tuesday 14th October, 9.00p.m. BST (British Summer Time)
Taking place in pub venues across Diamond, meeting in Ye Imperial Pint
on Winter Solstice.

We drink, four to a table, then the top two fight, then the winners drink again...
until only one pirate stands after a final, drunken battle.
Aarr!

Entry fee: 150 POE, trade with Rubyspoon or Oneiropoios to register.

First prize: 2/3 pot
Second prize: 1/3 pot
----------------------------------------
"I wanna be like the ocean, no talkin' an' all action." Jane's Addiction, Ocean Size
[Oct 12, 2003 11:31:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.last.fm/user/deathprog23/ [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

Re: Drinkin' an' fightin' tournament | Tues Oct 14 | 9pm BST | Reply to this Post

I believe that would be Noon, Pacific Time.
[Oct 13, 2003 5:41:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Re: Drinkin' an' fightin' tournament | Tues Oct 14 | 9pm BST | Reply to this Post

Actually I think it's more like 1PM, assuming BST and PDT are 8 hours apart (as PDT is GMT-7, PST is GMT-8).
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Oct 13, 2003 6:30:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
deathprog23

Yep, that's 12 noon PST, since BST is GMT+1
"I wanna be like the ocean, no talkin' an' all action." Jane's Addiction, Ocean Size
[Oct 13, 2003 9:39:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.last.fm/user/deathprog23/ [Link]  Go to top 
spaz

OK. tis noon PDT, I'm in Ye Imperial Pint on Winter Soltice,
all by myself. Rubyspoon and Oneiropoios aren't online.

Is it 1:00 PDT or is this a bust?
[Oct 14, 2003 4:16:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
deathprog23

Ah, guess it must be 1.00pm...?
[Oct 14, 2003 4:47:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.last.fm/user/deathprog23/ [Link]  Go to top 
deathprog23

Well after a fantastic few bouts of drinking and fighting, with a VERY close round of drinks to get to the final, the last pirate standing was the mighty Aiziril, who beat Erimitsu to the best booty share of 2000PoE!

Well done both of them, and many thanks to everyone who took part.

Me and Ruby liked the format, so we may organise a bigger, better planned (!) event soon...

Keep ye posted mateys,

Oneiropoios
[Oct 14, 2003 7:07:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.last.fm/user/deathprog23/ [Link]  Go to top 
AizIril

Yar, this tourney was great fun, I'd love to do it again. It gives a more balanced feild of players, cos ye don't just get the awesome swordfighters dominating.

Could do with having maybe 32 contestants rather than 16 though, as it was rather quick.
Xyphus on Hunter. Aiziril on Midnight. Bored on all oceans.
[Oct 14, 2003 7:24:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
enKrypt

Maybe next time I won't lose in drinking by like 35 points...grrr.

*still hasn't made it past the semi-finals in any tourney*
[Viridian]Alysia - Crewless
[Midnight]Feint - Captain - Feint Mercenaries
[Oct 14, 2003 9:00:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AizIril

Yar, that last drink was incredibly close. 60 points between the top 3 players.
Xyphus on Hunter. Aiziril on Midnight. Bored on all oceans.
[Oct 14, 2003 11:18:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates