• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1745 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
nate3990

Status of Cerulean Reply to this Post

Hi!

I recently thought to log in and see what the status of the game was (I was active about 7 years ago or so). It seems that I was active on the wrong ocean, Cerulean/Cobalt, since it doesn't appear that people play on the server anymore.

I was wondering if there are still certain times of the day where people play and pillage/monster hunt on this ocean, or will I need to start fresh on Emerald (the only ocean I see people online)?

Thanks for the advice! Hoping to start playing again casually and get my stats back up!

Pirate name on Cerulean: Natetegreat
----------------------------------------
Spinnakerr on Emerald | Natetegreat on Cerulean
Originally started on Cobalt, now playing Emerald! Returned to the game October 2020.
[Oct 21, 2020 12:32:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

Re: Status of Cerulean Reply to this Post

Hi!

I recently thought to log in and see what the status of the game was (I was active about 7 years ago or so). It seems that I was active on the wrong ocean, Cerulean/Cobalt, since it doesn't appear that people play on the server anymore.

I was wondering if there are still certain times of the day where people play and pillage/monster hunt on this ocean, or will I need to start fresh on Emerald (the only ocean I see people online)?

Thanks for the advice! Hoping to start playing again casually and get my stats back up!

Im not sure about cerulean but I know as for emerald yes it has players but a very toxic environment so I would stick to what you know xd
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[Oct 21, 2020 1:14:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

Hi!

Cerulean numbers are only big when there's stuff going on! Blockades, Monday Pillages, BWC events etc!

I usually post BWC events early sunday evening for the week! Heres the list for this week!

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=2727375#2727375

For blockades ... Blockade scene is tricky on cerulean ... You can have several BK cades and then nothing for a while! I would check every friday/saturday to check if anything is getting blockaded!

For Monday Pillages
Monday Madness Noon game time weekly on Mondays
Cartographers Pillage at 5 pm game time
I also know MYC have pillage at 7 pm game time on mondays and fridays!
Theres also Otherworld running a weekly pillage on tuesdays at 7 pm game time!

Plenty of stuff to do on cerulean and I wouldnt suggest starting on emerald ... Ocean is way too much toxic over there!

Hoping to see you online! Always nice to see returning players!
Emerald
Cerulean
[Oct 21, 2020 2:21:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nate3990

Thank you both for the info.

When you say Emerald is toxic, do you mean people only want to job people with good stats, etc/low tolerance for new players, or do you mean people are offensive? It's interesting that both people that have replied have mentioned this; definitely something to keep in mind for me as a returning player!

I used to have decent stats; I would be willing to train them to improve my ranking as the puzzles slowly come back to me.
Spinnakerr on Emerald | Natetegreat on Cerulean
Originally started on Cobalt, now playing Emerald! Returned to the game October 2020.
[Oct 21, 2020 2:38:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

Thank you both for the info.

When you say Emerald is toxic, do you mean people only want to job people with good stats, etc/low tolerance for new players, or do you mean people are offensive? It's interesting that both people that have replied have mentioned this; definitely something to keep in mind for me as a returning player!

I used to have decent stats; I would be willing to train them to improve my ranking as the puzzles slowly come back to me.

Its not about the stats ... People arent selective most of the time ... Its about the way people talks and cheats and harass/bully each other out 24/7!

Cerulean is much more peaceful!
Emerald
Cerulean
[Oct 21, 2020 3:13:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mysterio

I have a pirate on both. Nothings really changed.

Midnight/cobalt/cerulean.
Still the same atmosphericly just less people
Little bit of drama, over frivolous stuff.

Emerald.
You need to have a little thicker skin, it's a ruffer ocean

To sum it up best would be

Cerulean that nice nice neighborhood and Emerald is like welcome to the hood
Blackjammer, S.O. & Kraken Hunter of The Blue Team
Governor of JorviK
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Blackjammer

Stay puzzling my friends
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Mysterio at Oct 21, 2020 10:04:09 PM]
[Oct 21, 2020 10:01:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dunsparce1

I was wondering if there are still certain times of the day where people play and pillage/monster hunt on this ocean?

There's not many people playing concurrently during most parts of the day, but noon game time is when numbers peak. If you log on during that time you can be certain something is going on. The key part is getting to know the people that play and when they do. Even at a quiet time if you start a pillage you may find some others looking to join.

Kraken is popular on Cerulean, Cursed Isles are easy to do as well. Atlantis and Haunted Seas less so, but some attempts are being made even with smaller ships.
Dunsparce on Emerald
Emiya on Cerulean
[Oct 22, 2020 5:07:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

I was wondering if there are still certain times of the day where people play and pillage/monster hunt on this ocean?

There's not many people playing concurrently during most parts of the day, but noon game time is when numbers peak. If you log on during that time you can be certain something is going on. The key part is getting to know the people that play and when they do. Even at a quiet time if you start a pillage you may find some others looking to join.

Kraken is popular on Cerulean, Cursed Isles are easy to do as well. Atlantis and Haunted Seas less so, but some attempts are being made even with smaller ships.

There's more people in evening game time than there is at noon game time ... We can easily reach 25-40 while at noon game time theres hardly 20 people onlinje outside of mondays on week days! I agree noon game time is the busiest on week ends tho!

As far as SMHs it would work much better if EVERYONE would work TOGETHER to make things happen!

Instead lately you see one small group who doesn't wanna make cerulean work and do stuff by themselves. (Won't name names here but it is what it is ... Cerulean Big SMHs will only work once everyone works together again!
Emerald
Cerulean
[Oct 22, 2020 9:28:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dunsparce1

Instead you see many small groups who have fun doing stuff by themselves.

Fixed that for ye.
Dunsparce on Emerald
Emiya on Cerulean
[Oct 22, 2020 11:49:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jawzzusmerc

I just came back as well and was wondering the same. Seems there is some activity on Cerulean still, just have to find when.

Thats all fine, I really don't want to have to start all over again, and again, with my stuff.
Jawzzus - Cerulean

Formerly:
Spikez - Cobalt
Gladion - Cobalt
[Oct 29, 2020 7:42:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates