• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 16
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3071 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
StumbleBunny

ATTN OMs Reply to this Post

Dear Ocean Masters- 13 years of being a constant faithful ypp player has come to an end. Saturday 10/10/20 I quit Puzzle Pirates. It deeply saddens me that a game I love so much, and has given me such close friends, has become a toxic waste dump. As administrators - it is your job to protect your player when they come to you for help. You are highly aware of many things that happen in this game that should not be tolerated. Players being bullied and harassed to no ends, only to be told "just mute them"...players losing treasured items to scams or circumstances beyond their control. This has created a feeling of non-trust and suspicion amongst your pirates and ultimately feelings of misery and contempt. Faith and comradery with your players has turned into gossip, vendettas and a hierarchy reined by "mean girls". It seems the only thing that gets your attention these days is money. So I am sincerely hoping that losing one of your cash cow dub buyers will bring SOME kind of caring to a situation you know will just continue to spread throughout your oceans until all the decent human beings have left for good – as so many already have. ~ Stumblebunny of Emerald
----------------------------------------
This bunny may look cute, but I bite and carry rabies
[Oct 10, 2020 8:38:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wenchcaz

Re: ATTN OMs Reply to this Post

Game does appear to only cater for big dub buyers.
And the "mean girls" do run rampant.
I and others stand by you bunny.
Please just take a time out for now.
I'll be happy to war the nasty elements with you.

Cuthroatcaz
cuthroatcaz
Sage Ocean
[Oct 10, 2020 9:50:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HeroesReborn

Where are these mean girls? Are they the dock tarts?

Also idk what you mean by bullies but I can expect it's those who bandwagon the global. (More than 1 girls = mob mentality, of course!)
[Oct 10, 2020 3:53:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

I'm sorry to hear about the situations you have dealed with, just regarding your last sentence its really only Emerald that has turned that way, I rarely ever hear any drama on Cerulean/Meridian as they are not dead they just have small happy communities that these people choose to not move to a toxic ocean but I digress.
Hopefully you find happiness in future games or whatever you do in life!
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[Oct 10, 2020 4:37:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eyes

They won't ever learn.

[Oct 11, 2020 12:23:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nidhoeggr

I'm sorry to see you leave, Stumblebunny. It has been fun to play this game together with you.
You have one of the cutest pirate names and it always made me chuckle a little to see it appear in my stall records.
If you feel like you need someone ruffling your ears, go and find me :)
Nidhoeggr
Captain and Mascot of Silent Fools
[Oct 12, 2020 10:45:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Asterakis

I'm sorry to watch this game come to this.. First of all StumbleBunny I'm sorry to see you leave and i really hate watching this game slowly dying..

I play this game for 13 - 14 years now.. (i had a break for 4 years)

I remember all the friendly community, great things happening everyday, couldn't wait for the school to end to run back home and start playing.

I came back after the huge break and what i've seen is amazingly disturbing..

Toxic people
Scared people to trust eachother
Scammers
etc etc.

I'm still playing cause i still have love and hope for this game but after all these years as a member all i ever got was being ignored when i needed and watching everything go downhill.

Again.. I'm sorry to see every donator having the best time and also i hate watching the oldschool community die.
Obsidian Profile

[Oct 14, 2020 12:01:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

I'm sorry to watch this game come to this.. First of all StumbleBunny I'm sorry to see you leave and i really hate watching this game slowly dying..

I play this game for 13 - 14 years now.. (i had a break for 4 years)

I remember all the friendly community, great things happening everyday, couldn't wait for the school to end to run back home and start playing.

I came back after the huge break and what i've seen is amazingly disturbing..

Toxic people
Scared people to trust eachother
Scammers
etc etc.

I'm still playing cause i still have love and hope for this game but after all these years as a member all i ever got was being ignored when i needed and watching everything go downhill.

Again.. I'm sorry to see every donator having the best time and also i hate watching the oldschool community die.

If your sick of playing on Emerald for all the reasons you stated above there is always other oceans and you don't always need players to do what you wanna do in the game <3
[Oct 14, 2020 10:42:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Asterakis

If your sick of playing on Emerald for all the reasons you stated above there is always other oceans and you don't always need players to do what you wanna do in the game <3

As I've wrote in a post you've also answered, every other server is dead so there are 0 pillies running so starting will result in quitting, so if you really want to do something you have to pay to play unless you are playing on a crowded one which is called Emerald.

Also, personally I'm not a solo player anymore, after all these years i have no patience nor time going 24/7 solo.
Obsidian Profile

[Oct 15, 2020 2:03:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
johnnym

I didn't know you well Stumblebunny but I am sad to see another player hit the road.

------

I have long said that YPP needs to update its TOC and ban policy. It's simply not fit for purpose anymore. The player base is no longer 13-18ish.

We could ban pirates, not people, for starters. (unless consistent)

More player-based moderation.

A more transparent appeal/help system.
Jon - Emerald
[Oct 16, 2020 12:21:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

As I've wrote in a post you've also answered, every other server is dead so there are 0 pillies running so starting will result in quitting, so if you really want to do something you have to pay to play unless you are playing on a crowded one which is called Emerald.

Also, personally I'm not a solo player anymore, after all these years i have no patience nor time going 24/7 solo.

Did not see you qoute but all g. There dead? Everytime I been logging on to Emerald I see the same (logging on around midnight game time not noon) so you can't really say a noticeboard reflects a playerbase in that retrospect. Theres always a choice of which ocean you can play on, I prefer Meridian no reason to waste money, no drama and no incentive of earning the same trophies that are already achieved on steam <3 and no need for getting up 4-5am anymore.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Scottays at Oct 16, 2020 2:12:26 AM]
[Oct 16, 2020 2:11:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

I wish Puzzle Pirates had better solutions for bullying and harrassment. I think a lot of people are forced to delete their pirates and come back as alts. I wonder how many are successful at hiding. I knew a lot of abusive players do so, but aren't there good pseudo-greenies too?

A witness protection program needs to be enacted. Allow us to give our pirates an extreme makeover and put us somewhere we won't be recognized. You would have to modify portraits, familiars, trophies, delete all hearties, crew/flag membership, shoppe management. It would take a herculean effort to hide a pirate, and would that pirate be able to stay hidden, or would she confide in a few friends until the secret is out again?

What other countermeasures can be taken against bullying and harrassment? I am thankful that it never happened to me, although I might be a bit of a bully myself, I guess. It doesn't help to mute pirates when greenie alts are cheap. Once you set sail, you consent to being attacked. Nobody should be griefed, every form of it is against the spirit of the game. A tragedy.
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Oct 16, 2020 4:59:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

The harassment I have received in the past and the complete lack of response from the OMS regarding those involved; has been a sore spot for me.

While some of them no longer play, I know 2-3 still do. And I have heard they still harass and bully people. It is rather sad.

It really does seem that GH/OMs really are only keeping the game afloat to pump the cash out, and are not interested in our quality of gameplay/interaction.
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Oct 16, 2020 10:00:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

The harassment I have received in the past and the complete lack of response from the OMS regarding those involved; has been a sore spot for me.

While some of them no longer play, I know 2-3 still do. And I have heard they still harass and bully people. It is rather sad.

It really does seem that GH/OMs really are only keeping the game afloat to pump the cash out, and are not interested in our quality of gameplay/interaction.

Enough said!

Time to wake up Grey Havens before you lose the remaining paying customers you have left.

@Hera
@Demeter
@Clotho
@Nemesis
@Atropos

Thats about it I believe anymore! Short staffed team but they can still do a lot for the community if they actually give a scupper!
Emerald
Cerulean
[Oct 16, 2020 10:58:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

Enough said!

Time to wake up Grey Havens before you lose the remaining paying customers you have left.

@Hera
@Demeter
@Clotho
@Nemesis
@Atropos

Thats about it I believe anymore! Short staffed team but they can still do a lot for the community if they actually give a scupper!

+1 Breathe life into other oceans too.
[Oct 17, 2020 5:45:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

Rip
Official spokesman of Ade446.
Barnabas the Pale tells ye, "You made me literally laugh out loud."

-The D: Retired.

[Oct 20, 2020 11:06:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates