• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 17
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4563 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
BrighidRaven

Banned from PP? Reply to this Post

After I got my new computer, it showed I had to log into Puzzle Pirates using Steam so I went to Steam to redownload and log into PP. Now it's saying "Your account is Banned". Then it goes on to say my account is compromised.

Why am I banned? Mine is a paid account. I happened to know I paid for almost two years worth of play time so it's not expired. I never shared my password and I only play PP using the Steam access now. So why is my account banned?

This is unfair. I mean I paid for my account, I don't use bots, don't even know how, and this is a brand new laptop. I only got it a couple of months ago. So why? The only thing I did was change from my AOL Email to my GMail Email and that was recent because I don't hardly ever use AOL except as a SPAM catcher. And yes I do have a login for my Steam account. Is it because I use the login via Steam?
[Jun 1, 2020 11:36:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Re: Banned from PP? Reply to this Post

Compromised means they have reason to believe your account was hijacked. It has nothing to do with bots or anything else. It could be a false positive because of the new laptop, or someone might actually have had your password - who knows.

No one on the forums can actually help with your account; You're going to want to email support at support@puzzlepirates.com and explain your situation. Most likely they'll want to confirm you are the account owner by telling them how you've paid for your doubloons or subscriptions in the past or other details, and you'll have access to your account again pretty quickly.
----------------------------------------
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Jun 2, 2020 4:02:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BrighidRaven

Ok, I'll email them again, maybe the'll actually answer me some time soon.
[Jun 2, 2020 2:22:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BrighidRaven

How long does it take for them to get back to a person once emailed?

Bridget Kielas-Fecyk
[Jun 2, 2020 9:35:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Ive heard it can take a few days, have to remember there are few devs/oms left attending to the game on a regular basis. And as I recall only one or two deal specifically with ban issues.
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Jun 2, 2020 11:07:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
Kuddie

I have this same issue and it's sad to see it have happened when I wanted to return to this great and nostalgic game.

Hope someone on the support team gets to my issue asap :)
https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Kuddie
[Jun 8, 2020 1:52:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BrighidRaven

It's been well over a week, does it really take this long? I did email them all of the information they asked for to look up my account. Since it was a paid account, they wanted quite a bit of information. But I gave them everything they asked for. And it's still blocked / banned. And no, it wasn't a scammer, it was PP, I triple-checked before providing info.
[Jun 11, 2020 9:57:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kuddie

It's been well over a week, does it really take this long? I did email them all of the information they asked for to look up my account. Since it was a paid account, they wanted quite a bit of information. But I gave them everything they asked for. And it's still blocked / banned. And no, it wasn't a scammer, it was PP, I triple-checked before providing info.

I think they might just be busy right now or something, i'm also waiting for a reply on my end for same issue as you have.

If we just have patience they will most likely get around to it soon enough. This is not the easiest process to handle if we're talking about going through stuff from many years ago.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Kuddie at Jun 11, 2020 10:56:19 AM]
[Jun 11, 2020 10:55:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BrighidRaven

I think they might just be busy right now or something, i'm also waiting for a reply on my end for same issue as you have.

If we just have patience they will most likely get around to it soon enough. This is not the easiest process to handle if we're talking about going through stuff from many years ago.

Here's the thing, my last payment for time was just this year. Just a couple of months ago. I gave them every piece of info I have how hard can it be to do a check on an account? I'm starting to think they just don't want to remove the ban, despite the fact I've done absolutely nothing wrong and am, was, a paid member and just wanted to get rid of me.

I even helped train greenies when we had greenies that is, whenever new pirates showed up. And helped train people in learning how to run their boats when they were made into officers. I've done A LOT to help people, even giving boats and clothes as gifts. And this is the treatment I get? When I've been doing everything according to PP's rules plus helping pirates out every chance I could?
[Jun 13, 2020 10:21:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

Here's the thing, my last payment for time was just this year. Just a couple of months ago. I gave them every piece of info I have how hard can it be to do a check on an account? I'm starting to think they just don't want to remove the ban, despite the fact I've done absolutely nothing wrong and am, was, a paid member and just wanted to get rid of me.

I even helped train greenies when we had greenies that is, whenever new pirates showed up. And helped train people in learning how to run their boats when they were made into officers. I've done A LOT to help people, even giving boats and clothes as gifts. And this is the treatment I get? When I've been doing everything according to PP's rules plus helping pirates out every chance I could?

I've had this issue in the past. It took awhile to resolve, but obviously not as long as you have been waiting. I'm so sorry on their behalf. They really need to look into their banning policies considering the game is not what it used to be. Hoping you get back soon =(
Tinycat on Cerulean
Kattzzy on Emerald
[Jun 14, 2020 3:33:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lachiemusic

They’ll get around to it
Namo on Emerald Ocean
[Jun 16, 2020 9:21:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BrighidRaven

A long last, though it took nearly a month, they finally fixed it. I realize they've not a lot of people left, with everyone running the doubloon oceans and all, but they really need to look at things like this and wonder how to make it better for the players.
[Jun 16, 2020 10:04:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kuddie

A long last, though it took nearly a month, they finally fixed it. I realize they've not a lot of people left, with everyone running the doubloon oceans and all, but they really need to look at things like this and wonder how to make it better for the players.

Glad to hear you got sorted out atleast.
I'm still sitting here waiting for them to get back to me, sad that I can't play now when the game is finally thriving again.
[Jun 16, 2020 11:28:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demeter
OceanMaster

14 days and 7 hours to recover, not "nearly a month".

Update your password, people, then you won't be compromised and have this issue.
"Demeter is sneeeaky." Trickykid

[Jun 17, 2020 8:06:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kuddie

Got help with my issue and now i'm happier than ever, playing this great game once again.

Thank you Grey Havens!
[Jun 17, 2020 9:35:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

14 days and 7 hours to recover, not "nearly a month.

Wow, still a long wait time for a simple resolution.
Tinycat on Cerulean
Kattzzy on Emerald
[Jun 20, 2020 11:09:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demeter
OceanMaster

It was not a simple resolution, and in case you haven't noticed, there are a LOT of people playing right now so we're very busy. Currently many games would not give a response regarding any query within that time, let alone recovery of a compromised account.
"Demeter is sneeeaky." Trickykid

[Jun 23, 2020 8:33:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates