• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 21
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4638 times and has 20 replies Next Thread
pegasiswolf

XMAS IN JULY 2020!! - July 3rd -12hr Grandfrig Pilly Reply to this Post

WE'RE BACK!and EVERYONE IS INVITED!!!!!

Xmas in July 2020

WHEN: July 3rd - 7am to 7pm gametime
(the jobbing notice will appear on the board promptly at 6:30am gametime!!!!)

win FAMILIARS .. SHIPS... PETS... FURNITURE... POE... CHROMA SETS... and more!!

This year things will be a little bit different than you may have been used to.
We will be pillying on the Grand Frig for 12 hours nonstop instead of 24.

we sail nonstop.. get into battles along the way... like a regular pillage.. with a few main differences....

During these 12 hours, we will be giving away 200 WRAPPED PRESENTS ...at least 4 SECRET TRIGGER PRIZES ... and hundreds of STOCKING STUFFERS !!!!

-----HOW TO WIN-----

WRAPPED PRESSIES-
Watch for PEGASISWOLF to /SHOUT out a question or a way to win a pressie every few minutes... The presents can be won in many different ways... stationing challenge (all skill levels), trivia (xmas related), word games, or whatever sounds like fun at the time.
The 200 presents (each valued 100k+) will be numbered and placed on the decks of the Grand Frig. When winning one of those presents you may have YOUR CHOICE of those numbers and collect the gift from Adminelf. Many of the prizes were not able to be wrapped directly (familiars, ships, poe, etc) so a trinket was wrapped... trade the trinket to Deliveryelf to receive the prize listed.

SECRET TRIGGERS-
In addition to those presents, there are also some -SECRET TRIGGERS-
A 'trigger' is a certain word or phrase, or a certain action
These triggers are only known by Pegasiswolf and the helper(s) that will be watching for triggers to happen.
When someone *triggers* a secret, they will receive a SPECIAL PRIZE
so HAVE FUN saying and doing things!!! and GOOD LUCK!!!

STOCKING STUFFERS-
In addition to the wrapped presents, the *elves* that day will have what we like to call; STOCKING STUFFERS . These are various items that are valued less than those that are wrapped up. They will be given out randomly throughout the event.
Beware though! Do not beg for items.. This is not appreciated and will be ignored.

STRIPEYS-
The pirate Freestripeys will also be passing out FREE striped *candy cane* outfits! (Red and white. YES!) to get everyone into the Xmas spirit. FEEL FREE TO ASK FOR YOURS

PAINTED SLOOP DOOR PRIZES-(edited to add)
Thanks to a generous donation from snowbeautyx... NEW THIS YEAR... every 1/2 hr we will be giving away a PAINTED SLOOP to someone onboard the ship (via random.org)

On the ship will be portrait easels. Feel free to ask Santa (Pegasiswolf) or any of the elves to join you in a commemorative portrait! You will have to pay for those yourself, unless you find one of the special trinkets that allows you to take a "FREE PHOTO WITH SANTA" (Pegasiswolf)!

NOTE: In previous years we hosted an overall competition for the best stationers over the full 24 hours. This was a lot of work and a lot of stress for the organizers so we have decided to cancel this part of the event. but we have INCREASED THE VALUE OF THE WRAPPED ITEMS (100k and up)

If you wish to donate items or moneys to help us organize this wonderful event, we would very much appreciate it!
ONLY DONATE to the following people: Pegasiswolf, Adminelf, Punkinspice, Juls

LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!
With pain in our hearts we have to inform you that this will be the last year Pegasiswolf will be organizing this event.
Let's give her an Xmas in July she will NEVER FORGET!

We are counting down to the event and we cannot wait!!!
I hope you will all join us for some good oldfashioned fun.

INVITE ALL YOUR FRIENDS!!! THIS EVENT IS FOR EVERYONE!!!!
----------------------------------------
Pegasiswolf- Captain of Dream Catchers and Queen of Fleet of Dreams -Emerald

host of XMAS IN JULY event 2011 to 2020

"maintaining a positive attitude may not fix all of lifes problems, but it should annoy enough ppl to make it worth the
[Edit 4 times, last edit by pegasiswolf at Jun 18, 2020 3:35:35 AM]
[Jun 2, 2020 4:32:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
wahahahah

Re: XMAS IN JULY 2020!! - July 3rd -12hr Grandfrig Pilly Reply to this Post

I just migrated to Emerald this year so it's the first time I've heard of this event! I checked out all the other threads for the past years and I'm so excited to participate! What an awesome and epic event!
This is my first (and last...? T-T) time participating so I plan on staying for the whole 12 hours!!
Stupidjerk

Team Viridian! Migrated to Emerald on Feb2020!
[Jun 10, 2020 4:04:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

I plan on staying for the whole 12 hours!!

If you can manage to stay on the ship the ENTIRE 12 hrs... the OMs are providing a special Winter Ornament trinket inscribed with your name (these are the types that you cannot buy or inscribe in-game)

"maintaining a positive attitude may not fix all of lifes problems, but it should annoy enough ppl to make it worth the
[Edit 1 times, last edit by pegasiswolf at Jun 11, 2020 4:10:32 AM]
[Jun 11, 2020 4:09:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Kuddie

I love this idea, and it's very sad to see that this might be the last one ever, since I never got to participate in the old ones.

Doing my best to be there!
https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Kuddie
[Jun 11, 2020 6:39:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wahahahah

Are you pre-jobbing this year like the last ones? Because if so, please add me to the list! :)
Stupidjerk

Team Viridian! Migrated to Emerald on Feb2020!
[Jun 13, 2020 4:50:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Are you pre-jobbing this year like the last ones? Because if so, please add me to the list! :)

If you are planning on staying the ENTIRE 12 hrs... (to receive a special OM trinket)... then yes... we want to make sure you receive a spot on the ship at the beginning.... so a few minutes before the offer goes up .. send a reminder to ADMINELF if you have not received a jobbing offer....

EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE WATCH THE NOTICE BOARD... JOBBING OFFER WILL GO UP AT 6:30AM GAMETIME... the ship fills quickly... if you miss hopping on at that time.. no worries.. people will be coming and going all day long... so hop on as u can :)

of course nobody is required to stay the entire time.... and people are allowed to hop on and off as they wish... for as much of the event or as little as their schedule allows....

the special trinket is just to reward those that are with us nonstop from sail til port

[Jun 13, 2020 8:04:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Kuddie

If you are planning on staying the ENTIRE 12 hrs...

Definitely planning on getting enough sleep beforehand so that I can be there for the full duration.
https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Kuddie
[Jun 13, 2020 11:45:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Detail8

id like to donate my chocolate octo to the cause
Captain of Grand Unification(emerald) Retired
Captain of Sea Sick(dark seas)
#1 : Obsidian Greeter
[Jun 19, 2020 11:56:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

id like to donate my chocolate octo to the cause

That would be a wonderful gift!

What is your piratename on Emerald? You can meet up with Pegasiswolf, Bisca, Adminelf, Punkinspice, or Juls.... to get the octo to me :)

[Jun 19, 2020 12:18:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Jbsundown1

Ahhh yes finally! I've been waiting for a new xmas in July event for a long time! Been a pirate in the dreamcatchers crew for the last 4 years hoping for there to be another one, I'm so excited! I'll see you all there for as long as I can be around!
[Jun 27, 2020 4:58:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

REMINDER:

jobbing offer will go up promptly at 6:30am gametime!!!

the first DOOR PRIZE will be given to the first person to apply when the offer goes up

SO mark your calendars.... and watch the VOYAGES TAB... be ready to click that button (in previous years the ship filled up pretty quickly...and we dont want you to miss the boat)

note: if you find the ship full... or in battle... just wait...keep watching the jobbing board... there will be opportunities all day long to hop on and join the fun!!!

[Jul 1, 2020 5:16:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Wobblysquab

Even though I'm sad that this'll be the last Xmas in July event, Peg girl you need that big ol' rest! I'll make sure to turn up (and maybe have a nice celebratory portrait or two as usual :)) Thank you so much for doing this for so long. It's always been the best day of the year for me on YPP and I'll always remember them being easily the most enjoyable event on the game.
Squabbles/Lacklustre/Wobblysquab on Emerald
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Wobblysquab at Jul 3, 2020 12:41:49 AM]
[Jul 3, 2020 12:39:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bharrat97

Thanks for an awesome evening.

My internet went down and I fell off the boat, but I gotta know - what was the last secret trigger?

Xeinai on Emerald
Xeinai on Emerald
[Jul 3, 2020 6:23:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
srtumer

So idk who took a screenshot, but before the day ends, I would like to share the screenshot I took:

Screenshot

I have no idea how to take a large screenshot, so I patched it up. (In case you see some miss placements).
Unfortunately Peg wasn't there, so I added her up in the bottom while she was working on the last giveaways :)

Thank you for the event! it was amazing!
Szor of hunter (Now Emerald)

[Jul 3, 2020 8:25:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Thanks for an awesome evening.

My internet went down and I fell off the boat, but I gotta know - what was the last secret trigger?

Xeinai on Emerald

The last secret trigger was writing anything about a "tree " or "tannenbaum " in the guestbook ....

secret trigger prize was Spring Green Parrot Familiar named 'Tannenbaum "

it was won by Jonneyy on Page 55

[Jul 3, 2020 11:40:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Jbsundown1

Here's another screenshot, credit to Bumblestump for taking it, was posted in the event's discord channel afterwards.

Huge thanks to Peg and all the helpers for that incredible event, I was lucky enough to be there for the entire event and loved every moment of it!
[Jul 4, 2020 8:21:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Robyns090

Many said it in game at the end of the pilly but I just want to put it here. If this is truly the last year Pegasis is running this event I want to thank her for everything she has done and put together over running this event (almost) yearly for the last 10 years.

You are truly amazing Pegasis. You and all your helpers have put together some amazing events over the last several years and spent hundreds of hours on them.

Thank you :)
Robyns
<3
[Jul 4, 2020 2:08:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gamerocker20

So this event actually managed to glitch out the CI I was running at the time.

I had no idea the event was on until someone said that the GF pilly was diving the booty. Let me explain.

Normally in a CI when a raft hits your vessel you gain 1-2 boarders who you need to fight or use a thrall token to knock off the ship. I had 2 EO's on board, and hit 2 rafts, but didn't get any boarders. I even checked downstairs on the ship, nothing had changed. This continued for the next 7-8 rafts that hit my vessel, my ship was practically invulvernable against these things for a 6-7 turns. But I needed one more thrall and wanted to be safe, so I headed to the safezone. I was 4 moves away from the safe zone, clear of any cultists who would sink us, and t was there that MID TURN ALL THE BOARDERS STACKED AND ARRIVED AT ONCE causing a fray.

It's the most bazaar glitch I've seen, and I've got it all on camera too. No idea how or why it happened, but apparantly it was when you were diving this vessel's booty. So good job for the good pilly and almost crashing the game.

DeanMachine
[Jul 5, 2020 5:50:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

So this event actually managed to glitch out the CI I was running at the time.............No idea how or why it happened, but apparantly it was when you were diving this vessel's booty. So good job for the good pilly and almost crashing the game.

DeanMachine

I would have to guess that it had something to do with the server having to divide 12 hrs worth of greedy chests among 425 different pirates... lol

It froze when i tried to divide it... i had to reclient... and let someone else try the divide.... it took quite awhile to go thru....and we had quite a few get Dcd.... and when attempting to log back in... recd the 'server is under heavy load' error message...

so.. yeah... i think we broke the server for a few minutes lol

[Jul 10, 2020 5:15:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

we have 48 pirates that will be receiving this special Inscribed Winter Ornament for staying the entire 12 hrs!!!

we had a few people get dcd that was out of their control... but fought to return quickly... so we decided unlike other years.... we would NOT exclude them from the count... even tho 'technically' they did leave the ship....

Clotho is working hard to magik up the special trinkets and will deliver them directly to the winners bootys when finished

Congratulations to:

1. Bisca (Adminelf)
2. Cheryll (Xmashelper)
3. Gingerkitten (Shugacookie)
4. Jimmiebuffet (n/a)
5. Juls (Santaself)
6. Mombeard (Rudolphbeard)
7. Pegasiswolf (n/a)
8. Princessmg (Mgelf)
9. Gwynfyrre (Deliveryelf)
10. Purplelove (Navidad)
11. Senara (Helperelf)
12. Slee (Freestripeys)
13. Adventurer
14. Amplifier
15. Anatheil
16. Dignity
17. Dinosaur
18. Drajl
19. Drya
20. Duction
21. Emerlaus
22. Fidy
23. Fluffypaw
24. Gammyx
25. Hacheez
26. Hulla
27. Jbsundown
28. Jieret
29. Justu
30. Lingsu
31. Madilynn
32. Malenia
33. Markodiam
34. Marthex
35. Masterdodo
36. Mystikaxe
37. Nickbush
38. Okapizebra
39. Plasticduck
40. Prophece
41. Roflolmao
42. Sitty
43. Sleepyberry
44. Stupidjerk
45. Tinkerbella
46. Tommynom
47. Wordshurt
48. Xremi

[Jul 10, 2020 5:28:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

the OM's have blessed me with DOLLS!!!!

since I cannot take a portrait with them all ... I enlisted the help of my Paint Shop Pro...

the first image is all my XMAS IN JULY dolls...

https://ibb.co/GxNDQJt

the second one is just the 3 XMAS IN JULY 2020 ones ...

https://ibb.co/CJ7wNsL

(the images were not showing... so i just put in the URL)

[Edit 2 times, last edit by pegasiswolf at Jul 25, 2020 1:31:04 AM]
[Jul 25, 2020 1:19:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates