• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2536 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Ocxela

Rise cade pay from 10K to 20K Reply to this Post

I think with dub inflation going on in all Oceans that it would be time to put the cade segment pay cap from 9999 to 19999.
[Dec 17, 2019 9:46:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: Rise cade pay from 10K to 20K Reply to this Post

I have argued that the pay "cap" should be even much higher. Why? Well, if the cap *can* be hit, it almost certainly *will* be hit. If a blockade doesn't start out at the cap, it is easy to start a bidding war.

If, however, the pay "cap" is 100k/seg of 1M/seg, any bidding war is dangerous. This encourages everyone to agree on a limit, which may well be much lower than 10k/seg.

If, what the market can bear is 15k/seg or even 25k/seg, meh, that's fine. It's good for the puzzlers. There is no way the market can bear 100k/seg though.
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Dec 17, 2019 1:10:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

I think with dub inflation going on in all Oceans that it would be time to put the cade segment pay cap from 9999 to 19999.

The dubs have been going up due to gold boxes, it's happened everytime that gold boxes have been released so it'll go back down over time. I would remove the blockade limit all together, it'll make pirates that RMT which is any blockading flag on emerald, less likely to Rmt to pay 50K 100K a seg. Then you probably give pirates a harsh reality then realise oh RMT is pointless. Remove the limit see what happens, might help population numbers.
Lets bring the community together! <3

Yumisa is hawt (Its true, its damn true). Thanks for avvie.

A fellow victim of neglect, from YPP.

How on earth does Emerald still have players? lolidk
[Dec 17, 2019 5:27:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Higher payouts just means more inflation.
The supply of doubloons is fixed, by their fixed cost in real money. Double the amount of poe available, and you'll just double the cost/exchange rate.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Dec 21, 2019 12:16:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Letting players pay other players does not increase the amount of poe in the game. People are already paying more than the cap through paying tops and doing random giveaways too - it's not weird to see "10k/seg 50k tops" on a cade on admiral.

Support for increasing pay cap to whatever doesn't break the game (probably 32.767)
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Dec 21, 2019 3:29:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Discflicker

Not a good idea or it will only allow people to use Pay to win tactics to win an island. It would make blockading much more toxic maybe lower it to 5k to give other flags a chance.

Quoting Scottys here, from another thread, to try to organize discussion a bit. I disagre with this quote. As a jobber (and the vast majority of people playing in a blockade are jobbers), I don't get out of bed for 5k/seg blockades anymore. Blockade jobbing is relatively monotonous, and the only thing going for it is the huge payouts. When a flag is paying 9999 plus 15k for good+ on the DR, then we're talking.

Besides, flags are paying above & beyond the 10k/seg already - they're just doing it worse, with paybots that make things even more unfair to "those without".
Not convinced I'll ever truly quit Puzzle Pirates forever if it sticks around.
[Sep 12, 2020 1:02:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

There is a very strong trend between the amount a flag pays, and how legitimate their source of PoE is. Notice how "The Movement" were one of the highest paying flags we've seen in a while, and they are now no-longer around.

If you raise the pay cap,you're going to get more flag-sits. Grow Up is probably one of the few flags that would actually bother defending in what was effectively a 25k per segment blockade.

If anything (not going to happen), the pay cap should be lowered, and bonuses prohibited, so that there is less of an incentive for flags to RMT PoE for their war chest.
Jjc & Jice on Emerald
CI booty division stats
[Sep 12, 2020 4:00:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

Not a good idea or it will only allow people to use Pay to win tactics to win an island. It would make blockading much more toxic maybe lower it to 5k to give other flags a chance.

Quoting Scottys here, from another thread, to try to organize discussion a bit. I disagre with this quote. As a jobber (and the vast majority of people playing in a blockade are jobbers), I don't get out of bed for 5k/seg blockades anymore. Blockade jobbing is relatively monotonous, and the only thing going for it is the huge payouts. When a flag is paying 9999 plus 15k for good+ on the DR, then we're talking.

Besides, flags are paying above & beyond the 10k/seg already - they're just doing it worse, with paybots that make things even more unfair to "those without".

Those flags that want to pay more than 10k a seg are obviously RMT which is why blockading on Emerald is so toxic.
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[Sep 12, 2020 4:01:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Discflicker

I had no idea that The Movement got banned for RMT. Is this a general trend, or a one-off?

If you look at one extreme, you could entirely eliminate blockade pay, but I don't think that it's generally a good move to say that "people are cheating, we must take away functionality to counteract it". Also, they'd just use their paybots anyway.

If pay >9999 would truly only ever used by RMTing flags, then sure I could see leaving it where it is. If that's not the case, I think it's a mistake to not raise the limit.

What people consider a "healthy blockading scene" is hugely overrated IMO. The % of players doing non-jobbing roles in blockades will always be below 10% of the playerbase, so it makes more sense to optimize for the jobber. Tons of 5k blockades are not an amazing time for jobbers, because blockading is fundamentally a very low-excitement gameplay for jobbers. There's literally nothing going on, no chance of anything happening for jobbers.

Do you think the 9999 limit was added as an intentional "nobody should ever pay more than this" thing, or a "we don't think anyone will ever want to pay more than this" thing? I think it's the latter.
Not convinced I'll ever truly quit Puzzle Pirates forever if it sticks around.
[Sep 12, 2020 6:29:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

I had no idea that The Movement got banned for RMT. Is this a general trend, or a one-off?

If you look at one extreme, you could entirely eliminate blockade pay, but I don't think that it's generally a good move to say that "people are cheating, we must take away functionality to counteract it". Also, they'd just use their paybots anyway.

If pay >9999 would truly only ever used by RMTing flags, then sure I could see leaving it where it is. If that's not the case, I think it's a mistake to not raise the limit.

What people consider a "healthy blockading scene" is hugely overrated IMO. The % of players doing non-jobbing roles in blockades will always be below 10% of the playerbase, so it makes more sense to optimize for the jobber. Tons of 5k blockades are not an amazing time for jobbers, because blockading is fundamentally a very low-excitement gameplay for jobbers. There's literally nothing going on, no chance of anything happening for jobbers.

Do you think the 9999 limit was added as an intentional "nobody should ever pay more than this" thing, or a "we don't think anyone will ever want to pay more than this" thing? I think it's the latter.

I agree with Jc on this one, your better off lowering the pay even though there are plenty of those players will go raise it higher we need more poe! please no its damaged the blockade scene enough.
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[Sep 12, 2020 11:24:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates