• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2679 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
beccyis

BUFF ATLANTIS ALREADY Reply to this Post

Can we please get an Atlantis pay off buff. Doing a back wall Atlantis is much harder than running a back wall Haunted Seas however the Haunted Seas is paying off more. Currently on Obsidian- 3hours in lanty as a jobber pays about 20k where as HS is 50-80k. Atlantis is the hardest one, please fix this payoff. I know the decrease was bc of cit run pay off being super high but surely there is a way to increase the back wall payoff to make it more in line with its difficulty
----------------------------------------
Bestboy - Emerald & Obsidian
Captain - Well That's Just Rude
[Apr 9, 2018 8:24:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Re: BUFF ATLANTIS ALREADY Reply to this Post

Can we please get an Atlantis pay off buff. Doing a back wall Atlantis is much harder than running a back wall Haunted Seas however the Haunted Seas is paying off more. Currently on Obsidian- 3hours in lanty as a jobber pays about 20k where as HS is 50-80k. Atlantis is the hardest one, please fix this payoff. I know the decrease was bc of cit run pay off being super high but surely there is a way to increase the back wall payoff to make it more in line with its difficulty

You must of went on a really bad lantis run, HS is free anyway no skill needed to nav those. If u wanna fix the payoff why don't yourself run them and get like 300ACs on a brig then you won't be complaining :)

Friglantis backwall haven't really made much profit, better doing frig citadels to make more profit. Due to so many leavers on them people struggle to reach 300AC on the backwall, while in that same amount of time you could be on around 700-800AC doing citadels if u win them :P
Lets bring the community together! <3

Yumisa is hawt (Its true, its damn true). Thanks for avvie.

A fellow victim of neglect, from YPP.

How on earth does Emerald still have players? lolidk
[Apr 9, 2018 9:15:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lady_maeror

Release the ippolitos!!
Aeyelle of the Viridian Meridian Ocean
Arianne of the Obsidian Ocean
[Apr 9, 2018 11:09:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
arg60455

I don't think the contents of the chests need to be buffed, but maybe the spawn rates.

On the other hand, I feel like the goal of Atlantis is the Cit runs, not the TH. The HS graveyards are not as bad as the Atlantis Cits and afterwards you have to TH for the prizes.

I think that this difference is why there should be a difference in back walling as the different SMH should have different goals.
The player's experience should be the primary focus of any type of game development.

- Blondberd on any ocean
[Apr 10, 2018 9:31:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

I think that this difference is why there should be a difference in back walling as the different SMH should have different goals.

I agree 100%.
-Porglit on Emerald
-Shadetemplar on Obsidian
[Apr 10, 2018 9:44:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

On the other hand, I feel like the goal of Atlantis is the Cit runs, not the TH. The HS graveyards are not as bad as the Atlantis Cits and afterwards you have to TH for the prizes.

Big Difference buddy, Citadels give chests for random prizes, Graveyards when you haul them give like 1-2 chests hardly any if you haul them all up (maybe more if you get a ship sink spawn near it to haul it up as well). From my experience Chests are better than just plain poe these days. I feel they screwed up the Chest rewards where you don't win random clothes or weapons, mugs, bluds etc, Plus Graveyards are pointless.
Lets bring the community together! <3

Yumisa is hawt (Its true, its damn true). Thanks for avvie.

A fellow victim of neglect, from YPP.

How on earth does Emerald still have players? lolidk
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hidemyhoney at Apr 11, 2018 4:32:44 AM]
[Apr 11, 2018 4:31:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

It would seem as if HS was designed for back wall and they added the GY to please those that wanted it more like alantis... CITS

Lantis seems to be more of a CIT run and people choose to Back Wall in it...

Why do they all need to be the same? If you want to make more poe you go interarch or wild seas, sinky Float over non sinky float.

The runs are different the purposes are different and the pay is different, if its not worth doing don't do it.

I want to back wall CI's so we have a small ship back wall option.... add that too...
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Apr 11, 2018 5:22:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
superstarsam

It would seem as if HS was designed for back wall and they added the GY to please those that wanted it more like alantis... CITS

Lantis seems to be more of a CIT run and people choose to Back Wall in it...

Why do they all need to be the same? If you want to make more poe you go interarch or wild seas, sinky Float over non sinky float.

The runs are different the purposes are different and the pay is different, if its not worth doing don't do it.

I want to back wall CI's so we have a small ship back wall option.... add that too...

Not really. Friglantis was absolutely the norm in the early-to-mid days of atlantis. Dedicated "cit runs" on brigs became the norm with a declining playerbase (and probably when people realised it paid better). I would definitely agree that a brig full of good swordfighters makes more from a cit run (and is easier to load) than a backwall frig (and both probably have about the same risk of sinking), but that doesn't mean it was the intended purpose. Just look at the ippolitos. It's almost universally agreed at this point that they have a "sink monsters" trophy trigger before they can spawn; one which nobody has yet achieved because it's pretty damn difficult to sink 200 gorgs and archs on brig and xebec runs.
Geologist - now exclusively Obsidian Emerald flavoured
[Edit 1 times, last edit by superstarsam at Apr 11, 2018 6:08:47 AM]
[Apr 11, 2018 6:08:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
beccyis

Just look at the ippolitos. It's almost universally agreed at this point that they have a "sink monsters" trophy trigger before they can spawn; one which nobody has yet achieved because it's pretty damn difficult to sink 200 gorgs and archs on brig and xebec runs.

Just to add to this,

Hera global chats, "Meet the conditions and the Ippolitos will flow :p"

So there is definitely a trophy trigger and since there are people on obsidian with gold cit but still no ippolitos. So good luck getting silver gorg or arch on obsidian cit run who get maybe 0.25 gorg sinks per run and very rarely get an arch sink
Bestboy - Emerald & Obsidian
Captain - Well That's Just Rude
[Apr 11, 2018 1:10:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Hey cool, we're mentioning things we figured out half a year ago again @ trophy triggers

Either way yeah, Atlantis was overnerfed. Citruns are not worth doing over ANY activity in the game (except maybe the VR/IOs which have been undertuned since release and then fell further behind when they buffed everything else. Support on a slight atlantis un-nerf.
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Apr 11, 2018 1:37:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prosperity

Hey cool, we're mentioning things we figured out half a year ago again @ trophy triggers

Anyone know of an available link, for those of us who were still in pre-Steam retirement at that time?
Obsidian: Inglorious Basterds, Guerrilla Warfare
CFO, Nonsensical Nudity Inc.
[Apr 11, 2018 2:05:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

I don't think anyone documented it, but I'm fairly sure it's been figured out that:

First tier trophies (typically bronze) = Pet drop (Karkinos, gator, ghost pets)
Second tier trophies (typically silver) = Familiar drop
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Apr 11, 2018 2:41:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates