• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 61
Posts: 61   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10442 times and has 60 replies Next Thread
Filthyjake

Re: Leave Obsidian for a week your anti Owl Farming and don't think PVP's should have fixed winners. Reply to this Post

If you don't talk to me the debate will end

/thread?

Really you think I shouldn't be able to post in other threads yet the same people are the ones posting over and over and over but im the bad guy.... oddly some of my ideas are good and some like them such as in the shutting down of the stalls I said my piece. and stopped this is the kind of crap im talking about you make it sound like I am in every thread look around there people who post much more on some issues then others just like me.

You all can keep coming at me its all good.
----------------------------------------
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Mar 6, 2018 12:23:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

Re: Leave Obsidian for a week your anti Owl Farming and don't think PVP's should have fixed winners. Reply to this Post

Filthy, will you also be taking a break from the forums that week?

Please?
-Porglit on Emerald
-Shadetemplar on Obsidian
[Mar 6, 2018 3:50:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Anzak1

Jake, man, there comes a point where you have to take a step back and think about what you're doing. This game we all play has always had a plethora of issues and it always will. A protest of the game itself is dumb because it doesn't really draw attention to anything, nor does it help the player count, or even go to emphasize anyone's legitimate grievances with the game. Maybe instead of making all these forum posts about revitalization and how messed up Grey Havens is, use that time to analyze what ought to change so as to present an eloquent and well thought out document for the devs and community to read. The way to make change is not by flooding the intellectual marketplace with what equates to your mental vomit (random thoughts at any given time), but to think, and to act accordingly when that train of thought has legitimate merit. You're good at riling up the masses, maybe you should take that to the social/political puzzle. Bickering back and forth at those who take the time to reply to your posts isn't going to change anything, change comes through action and legitimate reflective analysis.
Platitude
[Mar 6, 2018 4:16:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Daysire

I don't care about the pvp aspect of the game or that people don't pvp properly, and I reckon 90%+ of obs would agree with me. So, I don't think u will receive much support here.

Also it's not like the OMs/devs aren't 10x more aware than u or me about the likely future of this game... If they want to try revive it they will, or if they want to milk it for another declining several years they will do that. I respect that u care but u are wasting your own time having a go at them
[Mar 6, 2018 4:16:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

First Thanks for keeping this convo going!

Please?

Tough to say I may have more free time, but I won't and haven't made an new post in at least a week. Pot calling the kettle black? Your as active as I am.

Jake, man, there comes a point where you have to take a step back and think about what you're doing. This game we all play has always had a plethora of issues and it always will. A protest of the game itself is dumb because it doesn't really draw attention to anything, nor does it help the player count, or even go to emphasize anyone's legitimate grievances with the game. Maybe instead of making all these forum posts about revitalization and how messed up Grey Havens is, use that time to analyze what ought to change so as to present an eloquent and well thought out document for the devs and community to read. The way to make change is not by flooding the intellectual marketplace with what equates to your mental vomit (random thoughts at any given time), but to think, and to act accordingly when that train of thought has legitimate merit. You're good at riling up the masses, maybe you should take that to the social/political puzzle. Bickering back and forth at those who take the time to reply to your posts isn't going to change anything, change comes through action and legitimate reflective analysis.

I would say that the arguments made have been thought out and well discussed did your read the really long post on page 2 with all the links to the connecting issues? I am not calling for a boycott but a return to Emerald for a week, the numbers are getting closer and closer anyway. I have found the old ocean more enjoyable others may as well. Overwhelmingly the players have spoke against PVP, granted I like it but if were really trying to appeal to the masses one would look at that, but not my call. The game asked for feed back all I have done is given mine. Others have too. People want pvp easier some harder ect... Its all on page 2 of this thread. Other people have posted obsidian issues post and well they seem to have gotten quiet or chased off. I have zero reason to go away, I have played a clean game so unless I get fake banned I won't go away unless I choose to. Many would like me to I simply put out that I am moving to emerald for a week and encouraged others who are like minded to join me. I offered no reward just that the game needs numbers. Therie are two oceans that have about equal numbers of players. Shouldn't the one that has the most apeal get the numbers? Maybe it will be Obsidian, as I posted on page 2 they inproved many things, and a few issues in my opinion have hurt the launch an the game overall, which has seen a decrease of 25% in base players in the past 8 months, yet while Meridian was transition the players migrated, so their was little loss. At launch the Ocean saw huge numbers (for this game), they didn't stay and the reasons are not being addressed, people want to silence my voice for as to why I think they left. Not sure why, I think they can try but as one of them likes to point I am not in charge and they are not either. A OM moved this thread and said carry-on. I have only responded to posts Not ranted beyond my initial post on page one where I spelled out my intent and why. Not one person has to read or respond to my idea, its what I am doing I simply invited like minded people to join me, we as the community have more power to be heard if people speak up some don't and then we say the game is flawed and has been for years lets carry on with the flaws. I am all for fixing the new ocean and trying to see a few thousand players again. Yes many say its not possible yet they play the game many of us do we log in daily and love it, so others could as well.

I don't care about the pvp aspect of the game or that people don't pvp properly, and I reckon 90%+ of obs would agree with me. So, I don't think u will receive much support here.

You may be surprised, you posted here to tell me I am wrong too, yet you actually don't appear to be a fan of the pvp side. I would love to know where you got the 90%+ are happy with the pvp and reward system in the game most people have posted otherwise, such as its to hard, it takes to long,ect ect ect.

Also it's not like the OMs/devs aren't 10x more aware than u or me about the likely future of this game... If they want to try revive it they will, or if they want to milk it for another declining several years they will do that. I respect that u care but u are wasting your own time having a go at them

Hmm that is another presumptive statement, Do I think they would have invested time and money to see an over all decline in players across all oceans. No I don't think they thought that we would see the active player base drop from 400 to 300 across all the oceans. That would be bad business. I think it was a way to offer a fresh start as it was advertised, so the pirates on all oceans could come together and play on a fuller ocean. I also respect you for your opinion and sharing with me that I am wasting my time. My first post acknowledges that I am beating my head against the wall.

So while I continue to beat my head against the wall on this issue, because I love the game and really want the new ocean to explode in success if/when it makes full release.

Again why is everyone concerned with this post and what I am doing I am a nobody on this ocean or any other, the bulk of the people think I am off my rocker and wasting my time yet were on like page 4 nearing 40 post of people telling me I'm wasting my time. Relax go back to farming your trinkets I don't really expect to see Emerald see a huge spike in players either. I am doing my thing just as many have done theirs. I look forward to more discussion, I enjoy talking about the game, its one of my favorite things to do in my free time. Perhaps this is my form of dock tarting.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Mar 6, 2018 5:00:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Jake, as a fellow old salt (maybe older than ye, maybe not), please take this advice from someone who once - way back in the days of Azure and Midnight - let himself get wayyyyyy too invested and worked up about this game, and its spirit, and people who were "cheating" the system, and all that:

Let it go. Seriously. It's not worth the stress, and it's beyond your ability to fix. (Possibly beyond anyone's, at this point. That's not an indictment of GH or OOO before them, just an acknowledgment of the state of things.)

Ease up, play the parts of the game you still enjoy, or take a break if this is bothering you too much. (Maybe it'll still be here when you return, maybe it won't.)

Listen, please, to the voice of hard-won experience: this is not the hill you want to die on, nor the mast you should be lashing yourself to. You'll wreck yourself, you'll wreck any friendships you may have, and in the end it won't make even a tiny bit of difference.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Edit 1 times, last edit by cmdrzoom at Mar 6, 2018 10:39:19 PM]
[Mar 6, 2018 10:37:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mooshoufunk

Jake, as a fellow old salt (maybe older than ye, maybe not), please take this advice from someone who once - way back in the days of Azure and Midnight - let himself get wayyyyyy too invested and worked up about this game, and its spirit, and people who were "cheating" the system, and all that:

Let it go. Seriously. It's not worth the stress, and it's beyond your ability to fix. (Possibly beyond anyone's, at this point. That's not an indictment of GH or OOO before them, just an acknowledgment of the state of things.)

Ease up, play the parts of the game you still enjoy, or take a break if this is bothering you too much. (Maybe it'll still be here when you return, maybe it won't.)

Listen, please, to the voice of hard-won experience: this is not the hill you want to die on, nor the mast you should be lashing yourself to. You'll wreck yourself, you'll wreck any friendships you may have, and in the end it won't make even a tiny bit of difference.

++++++++++++1
Mandie-mo
Free-spirited pirate of the night, Midnight now Cerulean.

Mandie on Obsidian

Murasaki wrote: 

I like big butts and I can not lie.

[Mar 6, 2018 10:48:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

The main issue with this - people still hang on to Dark Seas being like the Classic oceans.

This game is 15 years old, Classic Ocean PP has no place in today's current gaming market. Dark Seas is about taking the bits from Classic that are successful (fundamentals behind the game) and creating a a completely new playing environment with added extras that would be attractive in today's gaming climate - aka PVP, higher end game play that comes with risk.

Instead of trying to push people to a different game (Classic Oceans) accept that Dark Seas is a different game, and as always you along with everyone else has a choice which game they choose to play.

You want why I think numbers are dropping? Not enough risk/high end gameplay, not enough changes been made, and I think Forculus and his team could definitely look at many of the suggestions in GD that would change the game even further and hopefully attract more new people to the game.
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Mar 6, 2018 11:42:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Jake is 100% correct, Dark Seas has been a big flop imo, how many pirates were gained? like 500? but how long did that last a week? as hes shown on his graph.

Better off going back to Emerald, since no other ocean has much hope left... and Obsidian is more dead than Emerald so why not :/

You want why I think numbers are dropping? Not enough risk/high end gameplay, not enough changes been made, and I think Forculus and his team could definitely look at many of the suggestions in GD that would change the game even further and hopefully attract more new people to the game.

Your pretty right, games been neglected for a very long time, when things get neglected for so long, it takes around similar much time to fix it, so it might be till 2022 they might get the game right, 2021 at the earliest but dunno if the players will still be around :/

If I had an idea, make Another Ocean, where you can use your old pirates, in a similar environment without the exploits (probably would of solved around 50-60% of the problems).
Lets bring the community together! <3

Yumisa is hawt (Its true, its damn true). Thanks for avvie.

A fellow victim of neglect, from YPP.

How on earth does Emerald still have players? lolidk
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hidemyhoney at Mar 7, 2018 4:23:11 AM]
[Mar 7, 2018 4:21:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

Tough to say I may have more free time, but I won't and haven't made an new post in at least a week. Pot calling the kettle black? Your as active as I am.

I am indeed active, but amount of activity isn't the point. Quality over quantity, dude. I think the last 20 posts of yours have amounted to the exact same sentiment over and over again: "Owls are broken and worthless, everyone's terrible, and the game will die out immediately unless the devs do exactly what I say RIGHT NOW!!!"
-Porglit on Emerald
[Mar 7, 2018 5:29:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Jake is 100% correct, Dark Seas has been a big flop imo

wow thanks but I don't even think I am 100% correct.

As shown on page 3
Obsidian made a ton of improvements.
Inns
Shop closings
Map Rotation (I like it)
Limit on buildings gives them value
Size of the ocean
Elimination of SMH Badge forgot this one till I wanted to KH on Emerald yesterday.

Mistakes in my opinion,
pvp system
focous on pvp
pvp reward system

The main issue with this - people still hang on to Dark Seas being like the Classic oceans.

Couldn't agree more but that has a lot to do with the marketing of the game, they had to hold on to the puzzle pirates name, and to be fair changed very little to make it different, aside from the above. People feel bullied when sailing undermanned and find them selves attacked... not sure how to fix stupid once people started doing this most people chose to not sail undermanned. Global chat replaced greeter so that intensified the bullying and trash talk which some love some hate over all probably appears very negative to a new player(s). Many have our love to hate fedrov relationship with the chat trolling. Some times I love him some times i mute him....

Instead of trying to push people to a different game (Classic Oceans) accept that Dark Seas is a different game, and as always you along with everyone else has a choice which game they choose to play.

I have invited people not pushed them, much like you invited them on the sub ocean to eliminate the BK spawns. You spoke got push back and moved on. I am simply inviting people who think Obsidian is not going in the right direction to leave it for 5 days, I won't hurt anything. It may open the eyes of some or shut me up, will see. I find it odd that few think people would support me are very upset and worried that people may leave for a week. I would love to Cerilian get some love I have noticed play there has picked up and seen more being run.(not enough but some).

This is your game your as a high end player, the new players won't be invited into this scene I have played for years begged and spent millions only to find out that is all they really wanted was my poe and fleet to feed there agenda/desires. The Game Design forum is full of debates on PvP, and their is a huge lack of kades and the game Mechanic that is meant to create kades when players don't has not been used, (BK's).

Links to many of the reasons and how people spoke up can be found on page 2, separated by topic, with links.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Mar 7, 2018 5:38:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

I am indeed active, but amount of activity isn't the point. Quality over quantity, dude. I think the last 20 posts of yours have amounted to the exact same sentiment over and over again: "Owls are broken and worthless, everyone's terrible, and the game will die out immediately unless the devs do exactly what I say RIGHT NOW!!!"

Quality like this one above? I have not ever made this statement please quote me if you think I got even close. and a link so we can see context.

.Owls are broken and worthless, everyone's terrible, and the game will die out immediately unless the devs do exactly what I say RIGHT NOW!!!"

Owls are worthless and the reward system is broken I am not the onely one to point that out. Oh I said it again... Better jump on

Your other Post of Superior Quality LMAO:
From this tread

Please?

or this thread

I'm super glad you don't have any power to control this game. You're blatantly advocating stripping people of their hard-earned rewards simply because other people have chosen to "abuse" the system. You sense of justice is perverted at best. You're telling the people that spent dozens of hours out on the high seas with actual bounties on their ships doing actual PVPs the old fashioned ways "SCREW YOU OTHER PEOPLE GOT TOO MANY OWLS SO YOU GET PUNISHED TOO!"

Your defense? "Oh well, can't be fair".

Get real.

Seems like your the one who is overly excited and on the attack, but that is just my opinion. I actually think its funny you agree with me on several issues, your the one placing words in peoples mouths as shown in the above 2 quotes. You created a Fog idea which was shut down because it existed yet didn't move it to one of those post as it had some merit and good ideas, I would rather see them focus on fixing broken things then adding new broken things but they asked for ideas, were getting a ship while seeing a population decline... Will the ship draw people in at all? nah but Yay new ship. Its doesn't appear there is a marketing staff which is a real shame because this game has a huge potential and the ocean initial prelaunch showed it with great numbers.

Cheers and I look forward to the continued conversation you all keep choosing to have, while telling me to stop.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Mar 7, 2018 6:07:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

The amount of effort you put into forum trolling is impressive, I'll give you that...
XD

And to be honest, I'm really not sure why the Fog post was shut down. Both of the other threads referenced only briefly mentioned it with barely any interaction, and each had it as only 1 point in 4-5 bigger ones that were the actual focus of those threads. Neither of them got a definitive "no" by OMs, and the topic is not on the anti-list. Bumping those threads would introduce a whole host of distracting material that had nothing to do with my current proposal.

I'm not sure how to appeal the decision to lock it, though...
-Porglit on Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Prammy16 at Mar 7, 2018 7:50:29 AM]
[Mar 7, 2018 7:44:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

The amount of effort you put into forum trolling is impressive, I'll give you that...
XD

Here I am thinking were just having a discussion. But I will take any positive comments I can get.

I'm not sure how to appeal the decision to lock it, though...

Type the word
BUMP
and paste your idea in the connected post?

From

If you feel an old topic needs further or new discussion
Please post in the most relevant, recent thread concerning your topic. When doing so, please call attention to the age of the thread at the top of your post so as to avoid confusion.

Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Mar 7, 2018 12:39:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

If the most relevant most recent thread is more than 2 years old, bumping it is completely pointless. Anything that was discussed then is no longer valid to a current discussion since the owners of the company, staff of the company and goals of the company have fundamentally changed, and a new discussion containing only contemporary discourse discussing the game as it exists now is just vastly more useful than stifling discussion to point people at threads from 8 years ago that had something vaguely to do with the subject at hand.

I enjoy a good "Getting Faulkston'd" as much as the next lad, but when you lock a thread and point people at something from 2008, I would guess 90% of the time, the whole idea just dies, again, and nothing productive is gleaned.
[Mar 8, 2018 10:25:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

<3 well said old friend.
[Mar 8, 2018 10:29:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

<3 well said old friend.

Yes I am, I enjoyed Emerald very much, I am going back have actual just wrapping up a few items on Obsidian encase the game is changed back in a way to appeals to players like me or I wish to give away my stuff. I have 1 shop left to close and a WF that may never get finished at an OM shop but I may log in to claim it. I love much of what was done on obsidian mostly the size of the ocean, and the reduction of the buildings but its not enough to compensate for the things I don't like there.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Mar 9, 2018 5:06:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Palemale

I enjoyed Emerald very much, I am going back

See ya there
[Mar 9, 2018 7:14:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lady_maeror

Yes I am, I enjoyed Emerald very much, I am going back have actual just wrapping up a few items on Obsidian encase the game is changed back in a way to appeals to players like me or I wish to give away my stuff.

Atleast you have an ocean to return to, for us players on truly dead oceans Obsidian is a breath of fresh air. It’s been much easier starting anew on Obsidian then an established ocean like Emerald.
Aeyelle of the Viridian Meridian Ocean
Arianne of the Obsidian Ocean
[Mar 9, 2018 11:45:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LisaKayeLA

Yes I am, I enjoyed Emerald very much, I am going back have actual just wrapping up a few items on Obsidian encase the game is changed back in a way to appeals to players like me or I wish to give away my stuff.

Atleast you have an ocean to return to, for us players on truly dead oceans Obsidian is a breath of fresh air. It?s been much easier starting anew on Obsidian then an established ocean like Emerald.

*AGREED*
Cpt - Debauchery at Sea
Princess of Fresh and Bold on Obisidian
Always just a text away.

*NOTE: All comments, opinions and observations are strictly my own and do not reflect those of my flag unless I'm queen.
[Mar 9, 2018 12:01:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Pics included for those who don't like reading.

For those looking for me I will be on Emerald through the next week and since AH has removed the Ability for a kade, via scuttling unless they go back on their word, probly through the weekend at least. If I don't miss the ocean well then I won't be back. (hold back the cheers I will still be in the forums).

You don't have to agree or support me by returning to the classic oceans, you don't have to speak up with what you don't like about the game, because well we know how that goes. But face it the changes are coming now if you want them speak up, or let those who like it the way it is have it, sadly they will end up back to the old oceans when Obsidian flops because you need players to do things you want, you can't run a ship with out stations, can't kade with out jobbers. You can fight your alts but I am guessing that will get old, soon enough.

My reasons are fairly simple, the Ocean isn't going in the right direction, the main difference in the new vs the old oceans are:

PvP which has been well exploited and over all undesirable.

The fresh start was 9 months ago the rich are rich and the poor poor, so that is gone and we didn't even make official release.

Until they decide to actually fix the ocean, I will return to my money, ships and play mainly on the classic oceans.

The new Ocean had many improvements but the flaws are major and out way improvements, the failing attempts to improve the PvP reward system, made it worse now it is nearly impossible to get trinkets legitimately. While those who exploited the system proudly display the easily ubtainted treasures the legitimate players must grind and grind even harder to get, and their value is destroyed. Its a shame there were a lot of good idea's but poor implementation has left me little desire to play the new ocean.

I have more then spoken up on the forums about how I feel, the reality is I am in the minority because the rest who think like me already left or are willing to accept the brokenness of the systems. They often reference other parts that are also broken which they accept as well. Others say just be patient ok, I feel I have been you can wait.

Lack of population is hurting the game the most over all so I will go support and play on the old ocean, increasing the numbers of quality jobbers there. The hour log out really helps Obsidian's numbers look good, the ease of multi-clienting helps Emerald

I have been warned this is not the hill you want to die on, well ok. I'm perfectly fine, I knew I would be alienated from the game, seeing that I am ready to walk away anyway I don't have much to lose. Enjoy your ocean, keep in mind its only a game and their are a lot of them none like this but perhaps some day. Its to bad there isn't a better way to regulate the community better, because they chase many away on their own.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Mar 11, 2018 2:25:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trippleos

[Mar 11, 2018 2:37:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

Filthyjake wrote: 
Its to bad there isn't a better way to regulate the community better
Yeah I kinda wished your posts were regulated too. Far too many of them targeted at people who bashed owls, when really the problem lies in how they've been explicitly granted permission to do so. Should've directed your emotions towards the OMs/Devs via email or something. Could've been more fruitful than your countless posts, screenshots, and ever-changing signatures regarding owl bashers. Too bad then.

Filthyjake wrote: 
You can fight your alts but I am guessing that will get old, soon enough.
Manipulation of game environment via alts is a no-no, and this includes Owl bashing. Been consistently mentioned by OMs repeatedly via different petitions from different pirates. Quit for all you want, but don't attempt to mislead and assert lies. After all I thought your thread was to "show your values".
Ryuken on Emerald.
I made a Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.

Offering docktart-citadel front row seats since Aug2020 :D
[Mar 11, 2018 9:59:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Why not just say

We know you don't care you have said it over and over and over. You commented here to add to the conversation? Trinket abusers won. I have stopped bringing it up. I add it where I feel it applys, such as when flags/players play the moral high ground. You guys (didn't want to ignore the meeem of a kid flipping me a bird) are either happy with it continuing to be a hot topic by commenting and permitting me to respond.

Yeah I kinda wished your posts were regulated too. Far too many of them targeted at people who bashed owls, when really the problem lies in how they've been explicitly granted permission to do so. Should've directed your emotions towards the OMs/Devs via email or something. Could've been more fruitful than your countless posts, screenshots, and ever-changing signatures regarding owl bashers. Too bad then.

They are I can't just keep responding to my self read the rules its spamming. I even put it in my signature to help people understand. And started thanking people for allowing me to respond again.

Forum Rules

Be respectful and polite. Use of the forums is a privilege, not a right. Bans on the forums will now be permanent. Some of the things which are not allowed to be posted on the forums are:
Spam or other nonsense that disrupts the forum's formatting, functionality, or usability - including "pyramids".
- Personal attacks--anything intended to insult or belittle the person behind the noseless pirate
- Foul and offensive language, the forums should reflect the same standards as the game. If it's filtered in the game, then it should be filtered on the forums.
- Personal or private information about another player
- Chat logs, PMs and other communication methods without the express posted permission of all participants
- Exploits and any other sensitive information about the game
- Links to cheat or scam sites, malware, fake charities, etc.
- Images as signatures, whether they were technically in the signature or manually pasted in a post.
- Avatars containing blue/navy text which resembles the forum titles given to Three Rings staff only -- as our staff grows, it is necessary to ensure that new members can easily distinguish official staff from players.
- Please keep the forums in the same themes as their oceans. The Opal forums should use German, Jade forums should use Spanish and the Global, Cerulean, Meridian, and Emerald forums should use English. Posts which cannot be read by the moderators will be moved, locked or sunk.

I don't see where am breaking rules? I never attacked a player regarding their behavior? I have pointed out that a crew rank is a standing and there for I believe its a TOS violation. If those enforcing the rules disagree its their right they own the game. I honestly don't think I have attacked an individual player but its been 2 weeks so maybe I simply post facts and pictures, which captured facts rather then me typing out the information.

I have emailed regarding this issue (second time I have stated this) and created post asking for a review of the rule so your implication that I don't understand the issue or have gone after players is well, false. Its great that we agree the on the root of the issue, that permission should have never been granted, based on your statement which I made bold in your quote. Can I have permission to use it as my signature?

Why are you not posting this about people paying max pay in kades they have been given permission good or bad. Yet your don't give a hoot about it why?(they are your people?). Here is the post you claim I didn't make to the Game Developers yet you commented in it. It specifically was focused on the rule/TOS

and ever-changing signatures regarding owl bashers.

My signatures, "ever changing" is also not against the rules and never mentioned anyone (against tos) or type of behavior. Unlike yours that take credit for giving the ocean ***. I simply point out that the community in a MMO is a big part of the game. That includes everyone and how they play if your took it personally you should do some self searching there are lots of things that the community could do to improve the environment of the game.

Manipulation of game environment via alts is a no-no, and this includes Owl bashing. Been consistently mentioned by OMs repeatedly via different petitions from different pirates.

Well I didn't know those alt crews were a no-no hmm maybe they can swing the ban hammer. Not my battle or problem, I guess they have to decide if the alt of one ship is driving and the same player is standing on the other boat if its the same. I would love to see one player one pirate it would fix so many issues but this thread isn't about that.

Yeah I kinda wished your posts were regulated too. Far too many of them targeted at people who bashed owls, when really the problem lies in how they've been explicitly granted permission to do so.

Permission granted, by Clotho to continue this post that you continue to complain about, looks like we have both found ways to annoy the other within the rules.

This thread has been moved from Events to Parley, where it belongs. Carry on...

As Always, thanks again for keeping this issue near the top of the board, as it needs fixing. The hotter the topic the more attention it gets.

For those who enjoy active forums: I have a new mission coming to the forums soon.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Mar 12, 2018 8:02:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tomanomanous

I am not trying to mock, or argue, or anything. I am asking because I am genuinely interested.

What do the charts look like for the week of protest? I ask because I could almost name 100 pirates who have come on sinks, and as pointed out, another flag managed to completely fill a war frigate with people for sinks, so quantifying the number of people we can be sure a for is fairly easy to do, quantifying who is against and who doesn't care is much harder, so if you have hard figures, it would be good to know what said figures are.
Tomanomanous - Princess of Fresh and Bold on Obsidian
Tumanumanus - Totally inconspicuous undercover spy in Marooned on Obsidian

Avatar by the brilliant Crabcake
[Mar 20, 2018 9:06:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

I am not trying to mock, or argue, or anything. I am asking because I am genuinely interested.

What do the charts look like for the week of protest? I ask because I could almost name 100 pirates who have come on sinks, and as pointed out, another flag managed to completely fill a war frigate with people for sinks, so quantifying the number of people we can be sure a for is fairly easy to do, quantifying who is against and who doesn't care is much harder, so if you have hard figures, it would be good to know what said figures are.

Let it go Let it go Let it go.... Tell me about it Ok.

What I found was Emerald was a delight, the ocean was active ships filled faster people were pleasant it was much less elite (The curve was easy) but in the end I didn't really play I found new hobbies, the whole lack or care or respect for intentions to the owl thing, has at least turned this player off. I am hoping they will collect them all up and burn them until then I will Join Pika in her quest to burn it to the ground as I have no use for the ocean... Begrudging I bought dubs on obsidian in hopes to access Ice Ocean, but it failed. But my boxes were ok, had no reason to buy them on emerald as I don't need or care about poe much and have more then I need to do things I want to. So now I have enough dubs to do what I want on Obsidian till it dies, or I decided if I want to play there.

Ya there were people who were on the Frig that shocked me but what ever if they laze their ways to trophies that on them. Its really odd the game is ment to be played but many just want to laze and docktart, and then kade... thats fine. Had a lot of fun with Microsoft Paint and started playing Spiral Knights, which I could see my self calling my new game.

So slight decline mostly unnoticeable, the gap betwine emerald and obsidian's population is closing and Emerald

Will see what happens, but 2 oceans with low numbers isn't going to help.
I was getting back into Obsidian a bit, having fun, then the hey come for the daily faction sink broadcast came on and I just loged off. I hope owls can some how station, because those who like to puzzle seem to be leaving. I am done with the anger I am just sad, sick, depressed over the whole farming issue. It holds no more appeal then botters who hold trophies. I don't want to play with them either. Just because you can doesn't mean you should, I am old, heck most of us are not the targeted age group for this game. Its ideal for 12-15 year olds but they don't want anything to do with it. So you got us old farts or you can chase us off. It will be fun watching the BK's this weekend, if their is enough actual jobbers to kill them. As for me I will be lazing in my crows nest.

Aren't ya glad you asked. There it is raw emotional truth. Who knows maybe I will play on Ice all alone It was nice their tonight. Call it crying butt hurt or what ever, it does hurt, I was enjoying the grind and loving the new pvp ocean and then many took a big dump on it. So no more tears when Pika or anyone else just plays the troll card. I look forward to doing what ever I feel like with in the TOS just like everyone else. If I feel like sitting in a safe zone of a Floatilla all day to keep the spawn strong its ok its not against the rules. Just like I can post about exploits and owls in every thread because its part of Obsidian, so its part of the Game design.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Mar 20, 2018 9:41:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tomanomanous

Alright so Tuesday-Thursday was higher/roughly the same but Friday was lower.

Looks like the treasure hunt scared people away, guess I best leave the puzzles to Jazz!

Its nice to see Emerald higher, was anything done that week to cause a slight rise in players with no drop in obsidian?

I am sorry that the owl issue has led you to feel angry, sad, sick and depressed. A game shouldn't make you feel that way, I can tell by your posts that you are heavily emotionally invested in this and it can't be easy to have things not go your way. You seem to have made your mind up that Obsidian is dead, and that none of us care about the ocean, and that there is no options but extremes on the arranged sinks issue, and for that I am also sorry. If you ever feel reinvigorated and want to work with the 'other side' on discussing how to make something that not only satisfies the most people, but also can satisfy the niche, then I am happy to discuss solutions, and would invite the whole player base into a rational, not emotive, discussion on the issue.

[Mar 20, 2018 10:05:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

invite the whole player base into a rational, not emotive, discussion on the issue.
+1
Ryuken on Emerald.
I made a Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.

Offering docktart-citadel front row seats since Aug2020 :D
[Mar 21, 2018 3:33:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Its nice to see Emerald higher, was anything done that week to cause a slight rise in players with no drop in obsidian?

I didn't ask the players as I said the game has pretty much left a sour tasted in my mouth you can ask your crewbies one made a discord server on emerald ocean.

invite the whole player base into a rational, not emotive, discussion on the issue.
+1

much less elite (The curve was easy)

2 oceans with low numbers isn't going to help.

Yes I know you really don't care, and probably are laughing... But this issues is on the top of the board again. Sooner or later people will realize owl farming isn't healthy for the game.... Some are even back to revamping the whole pvp system yet again. Enjoy you Owls after all you earned them within the rules of the game.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Mar 21, 2018 6:33:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tomanomanous

I didn't ask the players as I said the game has pretty much left a sour tasted in my mouth you can ask your crewbies one made a discord server on emerald ocean.

+1

much less elite (The curve was easy)

2 oceans with low numbers isn't going to help.

Yes I know you really don't care, and probably are laughing... But this issues is on the top of the board again. Sooner or later people will realize owl farming isn't healthy for the game.... Some are even back to revamping the whole pvp system yet again. Enjoy you Owls after all you earned them within the rules of the game.

You do raise a good point, two oceans with lower numbers isn't helpful. Why not try to come up with a solution on that good point?

If elitism is an issue (as with all elitism, you can expect those at the high end of it to be for it and low end of it against), how can we resolve that?

I don't know why you think I am laughing, or out to get you, or anything, we disagree on one topic, that does not at all make me feel malicious toward you, and I am genuinely sorry that you feel that way, but I know no way to resolve it, I stand by my view point, as you do yours, and won't change it because of emotive discussion or jabs, my mind is far more likely to be swayed by rational discussion.

In case my terminology is misleading, I mean rational as the opposite of emotive, rather than the opposite of irrational. Personal attacks don't get us anywhere, so can we dispense with them and focus on how to resolve our issues. I believe Scar somewhere said something along the lines of, there are great points in what you say, on a variety of topics, it just gets buried, and that is not the fault of the reader.

As for anyone playing emerald last week, was anything exciting happening, or what prompted you to play, because if we work out why numbers were up a little, we might be able to replicate that on obsidian in future weeks.

On a personal note (I know, from here I am being emotive after requesting rational discussion), I am enjoying my Owl (singular), It was work to get it, I understand for others it was just pay some money, get sunk, but for me it was hours of preparation, loading and a billion tells about why we were waiting so long, we sunk a lot of PoE into testing the new update, to which that information is now widely available to pirates who can profit off of it without the expense that went into it. So yes, I am rather enjoying my owl that I earned with hours of hard work, within the current rules of the game, and I am enjoying being able to fund yet another event thanks to the support of those who participated in the sinks.

[Mar 21, 2018 6:48:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 61   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates