• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 41
Posts: 41   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9629 times and has 40 replies Next Thread
Filthyjake

I don't understand how this bounty system works Reply to this Post

Forgive me if this has been discussed I couldn't find it. I could find no ypedia page. The idea is floated around in many threads.

I see it lacking Faction Crew Flag information and this particular bounty is on a ship that there are at least 3 of .

Is this a work in progress?

I am sorry if I missed something but have been away for 2 weeks for my fathers funeral just trying to figure out whats changed.
----------------------------------------
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Dec 3, 2017 1:10:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luxory

Re: I don't understand how this bounty system works Reply to this Post

Probably better to post this in game design rather than here
Luxory on Obsidian.
Aristoza flag royalty chats, "Ro initiated all the greenies by getting them on one big ship and sinking them all at once"
Positive Penguins
[Dec 4, 2017 5:02:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

Yeah, this page is still in progress -- we'll add some more useful information on flags and factions associated with the bounties. There are also plans to add benefits for being aboard a ship with a high bounty (maybe greater PvP trinket drops). Perhaps we'll show some sort of icon on ships in the sailing view to help identify high-bounty targets. Definitely interested in suggestions and feedback to make this bounty system more interesting and rewarding in Dark Seas.
[Dec 4, 2017 9:08:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Yeah, this page is still in progress -- we'll add some more useful information on flags and factions associated with the bounties. There are also plans to add benefits for being aboard a ship with a high bounty (maybe greater PvP trinket drops). Perhaps we'll show some sort of icon on ships in the sailing view to help identify high-bounty targets. Definitely interested in suggestions and feedback to make this bounty system more interesting and rewarding in Dark Seas.

Fantastic, I hope the bounty will be on the captain of the ship rather then the ship it self as many crews have community ships and the ship names are used multiple times. The bounty could be evaded also by just selling the ship. Thanks for reading our ideas and using some of them.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Dec 4, 2017 10:58:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Somewhat of a thread hijack I guess but while we're on the topic of bounties:

Can I request a button to let players add to bounties on boats? Some players have been putting bounties on other players manually already, and adding it to this system might fit perfectly.
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Dec 4, 2017 11:44:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

Oh yes, that satisfying moment when your idea gets put into a game with a few changes.

Fantastic, I hope the bounty will be on the captain of the ship rather then the ship it self as many crews have community ships and the ship names are used multiple times. The bounty could be evaded also by just selling the ship. Thanks for reading our ideas and using some of them.

I understand why the bounty was put on the ship instead of the player, as it makes the bounty avoidable. Let me explain why this is a GOOD thing, and not a bad.

For one, let's say you get randomly attacked while out on a pillage. You are a better bnavver that the guy who attacked you, so you win. Now, you have a bounty on your head. Someone else attacks you for the bounty, but you still win. Now you've got a growing bounty that just goes on until someone better at the bnav puzzle finally beats you.

Let's say that after you've got the two or three bounty, you decide to go job for another ship instead of running a voyage yourself. Now, your name is on the bounty list, and any ship with you on it thus gets that bounty. No one is going to job someone with a 50k bonus on their head.

Just by being attacked, you enter a sudden death state where everyone attacks you, and no one will job you. Yikes, that's not so fun.

So, instead, you can pay the price to get a new ship, and avoid that bounty the next time you hit sail. You can also job with other voyages. The bounty getting placed on a ship allows normal pirates to continue forward with a non-PvP focus, instead of trapping them in that portion of the game after a battle you might not have even chosen to fight.
Scarpath on Emerald, Cerulean, and Meridian!

Also Scarpath on Obsidian, Defiant to the core.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Dec 4, 2017 12:31:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

Part of the problem, Scarpath, would be avoided if the person would only have a bounty on their head if they themselves were running the pilly. This means they wouldn't have any trouble being jobbed on other people's ships at all, as they bounty is only active while they are BNaving.

It would also be possible to take care of the other problem by making it so your bounty only increases if you are the aggressor. I don't know if that's a good idea, but it's a possible solution. The other solution, of course, would be to move to an ocean that isn't based around PVP, or stay in Greywaters where you can't be sunk, so no one will attack you for the bounty in the firsrt place.

I think it would be nice, also, if there were some way to tell when one of the ships (or players in the future?) with a bounty is active (meaning they're out on the seas currently). Rather than simply telling us the bounty exists, and having everyone manually /vw them all, there could be a little symbol next to the ones out on the ocean. It wouldn't be adding anything really new to the table, but just be a shortcut so you don't have to /vw 6 ships to see if a bounty is active.
-Porglit on Emerald
-Shadetemplar on Obsidian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Prammy16 at Dec 4, 2017 1:13:28 PM]
[Dec 4, 2017 1:12:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

Forculus wrote: 
There are also plans to add benefits for being aboard a ship with a high bounty (maybe greater PvP trinket drops).

This would reduce the risk people just sink themselves when their bounty gets above the price of their ship.

Patgangster wrote: 
Can I request a button to let players add to bounties on boats? Some players have been putting bounties on other players manually already, and adding it to this system might fit perfectly.

How could that be implemented in a way which prevents the above?

Forculus wrote: 
Perhaps we'll show some sort of icon on ships in the sailing view to help identify high-bounty targets. Definitely interested in suggestions and feedback to make this bounty system more interesting and rewarding in Dark Seas.

I'd imagine I'm one step behind you, but changing the shape of the might ring to something such as a spiky circle might be the most natural way to make it immediately obvious a ship has a bounty on it. Although ideally you'd want something that can display multiple levels of bounty.

Edit to avoid double post:

Prammy16 wrote: 
I think it would be nice, also, if there were some way to tell when one of the ships (or players in the future?) with a bounty is active (meaning they're out on the seas currently)

Making the Vessel names clickable like on the Voyages tab would be good enough?
Jjc & Jice on Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jcmorgan6 at Dec 4, 2017 1:31:24 PM]
[Dec 4, 2017 1:28:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

Jcmorgan6 wrote: 
Making the Vessel names clickable like on the Voyages tab would be good

Great idea.

Jcmorgan6 wrote: 
Although ideally you'd want something that can display multiple levels of bounty.

Or you could just make it so that if you click on the ship while sailing, it would tell you the bounty directly in the window.
-Porglit on Emerald
[Dec 4, 2017 2:37:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

understand why the bounty was put on the ship instead of the player, as it makes the bounty avoidable. Let me explain why this is a GOOD thing, and not a bad.

When the ship name is in 3 different crews on the new ocean its a horrible idea. The bounty could land on the crew but should not be a ship.

There are 9 caustic catfish on Emerald at this moment.

So who would the bounty be on your very own crew may have a ship with that name, and you end up putting a bounty on your self. Pick a letter further down the alphabet and you will find many more as most enter kades alphabetically.

I am about to rename one and go sink it soon just to collect another abuses that would be very easy by ship name.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Dec 4, 2017 5:18:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

understand why the bounty was put on the ship instead of the player, as it makes the bounty avoidable. Let me explain why this is a GOOD thing, and not a bad.

When the ship name is in 3 different crews on the new ocean its a horrible idea. The bounty could land on the crew but should not be a ship.

There are 9 caustic catfish on Emerald at this moment.

So who would the bounty be on your very own crew may have a ship with that name, and you end up putting a bounty on your self. Pick a letter further down the alphabet and you will find many more as most enter kades alphabetically.

I am about to rename one and go sink it soon just to collect another abuses that would be very easy by ship name.

Yikes! Now even if just one person does PvP in your crew, everyone is going to leave because they don't want to deal with the bounty. What a glorious day when your rivals sneak in a person to place a bounty on one of the crews in your flag, and thus kill said crew.

I never said the bounty was perfect, just that in terms of abuse and harassment, it was better to have it on a ship instead of a player. I've started to think in terms of 'how could this go wrong' when suggesting stuff, and I've found that a lot of my ideas aren't as good as they seemed at first glance.

As for ideas to make the bounty on a ship more viable: I do like the idea of changes on the might ring. However, it'd be nice to be able to tell which of the vessels with a shared name actually has a bounty so you don't end up chasing the wrong one. Perhaps put something in the /vwho that says how large a bounty the ship has? If they have a bounty, that can be shown with a simple /vwho. This would probably also help identify ships with a smaller bounty than just those on the War tab.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Dec 4, 2017 5:46:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

There needs to be a balance of realism with mechanical integrity.

It makes the most realistic sense for the bounty to be on the ship. After all, when you first see a ship at sea you have no way to know who is currently in command of it, you just know that THAT ship has been the bane of many. And since generally the thing that made you a captain was you having a ship, singular, it continues to make sense to be on the ship rather than the person.

In terms of putting it on the person...again, how does the game know who is in command of a given ship until they're in the middle of bnavving? Deciding that the one bnavving is the captain also? If you job with a ship, the bounty shouldn't follow you, but there's also not really a concrete way to determine WHO is the "captain" of a ship if multiple people on the ship are carrying bounties.

My question to Forculus, though I assume I know the answer, is "Do ships have a unique identifier server-side that has nothing to do with the name?" It seems obvious that it does. That database side, a ship is like "Ship 1663537" and a field in the database is "Name" which is what they change when you do a rename.

So we have a couple easy ways to fix the "But which Fit Carp is it?!"

a) Just take the hit to game realism and name each ship "Adjective Fish #[XXX]" where X is the last three digits of the identifier in the database, or whatever is the equivalent to the database.

b) Make the list of vessels on the bounty list clickable to do a /vwho for that -exact ship- not just ships of that name as in normal /vwho. This means a normal /vwho for the ship will still be potentially confusing, but you can see the bountied ship easily.

Then the question is "Why does anybody want to job with somebody with a huge bounty on their head?" This combines with the question "Since the bounty is on the ship, why don't they just use a different ship every time they get a big bounty on?"

The answer is to do a lot more than up the chance of pvp trinks dropping. Make -everything- better the higher the bounty is. More loot at once from a win, more greedies, more pvp trinks, better ramping of loot from brigands, everything. The higher the bounty on you, assume the enemy ships are so afraid when you board that they hand over even more of their loot so you don't kill them.

Make it outright -preferable- to job for somebody with a bounty, and to run on your ship with the high bounty. You don't just sink your ship when the rewards get above the price of replacing the ship, because the rewards stop being there when you're not carrying a bounty.

It makes you want to PVP (A stated goal of the server) because building up a high bounty is basically a multiplier on your PvE gains. This also makes you want to job with somebody with a big bounty because you get paid more too.

It makes you want to hunt people with large bounties because you get both a large payout from the bounty, very likely a much larger payout from beating them regularly (They've been getting extra everything their whole trip before you found them after all), and I would hope, the bigger the bounty of a ship you take down, the bigger your own bounty increases (which feeds back into both the above things as well)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Devonin at Dec 4, 2017 9:13:45 PM]
[Dec 4, 2017 9:13:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

I like the idea of a bounty being on the ship, and the bounty giving a bonus itself, which incentivizes people to job for them AND hunt them.

I'm not buying adding the ship number at the end, though... There's gotta be a better way to distinguish ships without making it seem mechanical and breaking the fourth wall quite so strongly.
-Porglit on Emerald
[Dec 5, 2017 5:17:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Seems like a lot of people are for the bounty on the ship which is fine and easily avoidable. The reason I like it on the crew if we cant put it on the naver, is it would allow those who are into the pvp side of the game to jump into those crews, and those who would rather pvp go away could join crews that don't pvp. Seemed to make sense to me.

I see problems with it on a boat.
1. I can use it once and sell it.
2. I can rename it (unless it goes by number code)
3. What if I used your boat to pvp someone the bounty isn't on someone who left a ship open.
4. The boat names are used multiple times and are for different size ships, so someone puts a large bounty on a WF and its collected by sinking the same named sloop.
5. PVP's are often done as hits with the nearest ship, by the same person.
6. Why should the bounty go away when someone decides to go on a SMH and used a safe ship.
7. PVP's will be done with the same ship and they will run pillages on safe ships.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Dec 5, 2017 6:39:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Steveyohoho

My question to Forculus, though I assume I know the answer, is "Do ships have a unique identifier server-side that has nothing to do with the name?" It seems obvious that it does. That database side, a ship is like "Ship 1663537" and a field in the database is "Name" which is what they change when you do a rename.

So we have a couple easy ways to fix the "But which Fit Carp is it?!"

Not that it helps the problem specifically but there is only one "Fit Carp" per ship type. So there is only one sloop on the ocean named "Fit Carp." The others are other classes like brigs, longships, etc. When you /vwho Fit Carp, you are getting all ship sizes with that name. They could easily identify what size ship you are looking at in the /vwho results as well as put that info on the bounty page. I guess I say "easily" as a user and not a developer. Who knows if the DB is too complex to pull that information out "easily."
Steveyohoho
Captain of the crew Flirts and Damsels
Prince of the flag Faded Legend
Cobalt Cerulean Ocean
That guy wandering the Emerald Ocean-
[Dec 5, 2017 6:42:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

I see problems with it on a boat.
1. I can use it once and sell it.
2. I can rename it (unless it goes by number code)
3. What if I used your boat to pvp someone the bounty isn't on someone who left a ship open.
4. The boat names are used multiple times and are for different size ships, so someone puts a large bounty on a WF and its collected by sinking the same named sloop.
5. PVP's are often done as hits with the nearest ship, by the same person.
6. Why should the bounty go away when someone decides to go on a SMH and used a safe ship.
7. PVP's will be done with the same ship and they will run pillages on safe ships.

1. Who's going to buy a ship with a bounty on it?
2. Pretty sure it goes by code.
3. Don't leave your ship open? It's a sinky ocean, and there's a special whistle specifically because of the danger in doing so.
4. Pretty sure you can't gain a WF bounty by killing a sloop of the same size. If that is the case, it needs to be changed.
5. ?
6. This is the objection that holds a good amount of weight. The bounty on a specific ship means it's easy to get around.

I think, though, that perhaps that's the point. If it were placed on a person, they'd be stuck under the curse of the bounty until they get beaten. Perhaps the developers are purposefully allowing people to choose whether they want to incite PVP or not. They can go on a dangerous ship or on a safe ship as they please.

Again, though, I believe it best for there to be a risk/reward, where there's a reason to go out on a ship with a bounty on it. That's why I'm pleased to hear them say "There are also plans to add benefits for being aboard a ship with a high bounty (maybe greater PvP trinket drops)." I think more than just trinkets, like perhaps greater chance of expo drops and more greedies as well, would be a big help in incentivizing using a bountied ship.

In short, though, I think it being on a particular ship is very good: gives people the option to be safe if they want, but with an incentive of greater reward, also urges dangerous play and PVP.
-Porglit on Emerald
[Dec 5, 2017 7:28:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Devonin wrote: 

It is called the "vessel id" and can be found client side in a few places. First, your YPP client creates a log file, different than the chat log file, which contains the ship you have boarded this session and the log file has things like "vid=3376913". The second place you can find it is if you go to the dock, the "Where are my vessles" button, then copy and paste the resulting screen, you will see that each ship has a "VesselID=" field. This field even makes a difference on the bnav board when ships collide, but I forget the exact details.

Steveyohoho wrote: 
there is only one "Fit Carp" per ship type. So there is only one sloop on the ocean named "Fit Carp." The others are other classes like brigs, longships, etc.
I'm almost certain this is not true, I have had two regular sloops with the same name several times, but I have given all my ships away so I can't easily verify.

For what it is worth, I expect bounties to be flag based, much like war is flag based, but I could see crew based or bnavver based also. Most forum based bounties have been on individuals. Yes, these can all be gotten around by switching bnavvers, crews or flags, but being forced to switch is kind of a defeat in many people's minds.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Dec 5, 2017 3:25:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

Wrs1864b wrote: 
Steveyohoho wrote: 
there is only one "Fit Carp" per ship type. So there is only one sloop on the ocean named "Fit Carp." The others are other classes like brigs, longships, etc.
I'm almost certain this is not true, I have had two regular sloops with the same name several times, but I have given all my ships away so I can't easily verify.

You're correct, I have multiple sloops with the same name.

Jjc & Jice on Emerald
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Jcmorgan6 at Dec 5, 2017 6:32:45 PM]
[Dec 5, 2017 6:31:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Steveyohoho

Weird! I stand corrected then on the multiple Fit Carp thing. but others have answered about the vessel IDs. Maybe it was a thing where you couldn't request a rename to a name that already existed that made me think they were all unique.
Steveyohoho
Captain of the crew Flirts and Damsels
Prince of the flag Faded Legend
Cobalt Cerulean Ocean
That guy wandering the Emerald Ocean-
[Dec 6, 2017 9:23:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Ok here is my issue with the bounty on a ship made clearer.

Red Lines Same Crew
Blue Lines Same Flag
Green Line Same Crew

So
7/11 bounties are on one flag
6/11 bounties are on one crew

If you added them up the actual bounty on the
flag would be 144,500
crew would be 106,500
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Dec 6, 2017 2:24:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

The green lines are in different factions.
Jjc & Jice on Emerald
[Dec 6, 2017 3:36:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

The green lines are in different factions.

opps my dot missed
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Dec 6, 2017 4:11:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

But putting the bounty on the crew/flag means you basically MUST make yourself distinct as "A PVP crew" or "A non PVP crew" because if I want to not PVP, and there's a big bounty on my crew because one of the other SOs loves to PVP, it makes me not take ships out because I'll get chased down for the bounty I had nothing to do with.

Putting the bounty on the ship, and then just making it so much more profitable to continue sailing around on a ship with a high bounty that you do it despite the risk is the best way, in my opinion, to increase the amount of pvp happening.

The alternative, though more complicated on the back end, that I think would be good would be to attach the bounty to the individual pirate, and then you'd have to implement a system for declaring who the actual captain of a ship at sea was.

I'd make the bounty on a ship be something like "The bounty on the captain plus 50% of the bounty on everybody else on the ship" for the purposes of both the reward multiplier and the bounty claimed by a winning attacker.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Devonin at Dec 6, 2017 4:33:03 PM]
[Dec 6, 2017 4:28:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

I would agree that putting the bounty on the ship itself, and increasing the booty and trinkets to increase the incentive to counter the risk, is the best system.
-Porglit on Emerald
[Dec 6, 2017 5:08:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

I'd make it blatantly optimal even. Make it so the best choice for pillage is "Take the highest bounty ship out, be attacking players as you found them to increase it even more because man, the poe is ROLLING in" is the way they want it to go. Because that bounty gets real big real fast, and encourages lots of people to go out and hunt them in reponse. More PVP, More activity in general. Everybody wins.
[Dec 6, 2017 5:59:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

Exactly.
-Porglit on Emerald
[Dec 6, 2017 7:01:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

With regard to making the vessel names click-able:

It needs a back key, this will make it easier to check multiple ships and also avoid this bug:

Using the back key to avoid the bug

I'm also not sure exactly how useful showing the crew page is, it's a step in the right direction for sure though.

I had the idea that the top bounties part would only show vessels sailed within the last 'time period' (maybe an hour). It needs to be easy to find a target, and therefor risky sailing on a ship with a bounty.

Ships with a bounty need to be identifiable in the trade window. There also needs to be a way to check the bounty of a ship from on-board that same ship. (Providing these don't currently exist.)

I was also wondering if bounties decayed over time at all, I don't see anything about that. If so, would the bounty decay over time at sea(would ship swabby count), or time in general?
Jjc & Jice on Emerald
[Dec 6, 2017 8:37:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

So

flag would be 144,500
crew would be 106,500

My question still is: Yes, some flags/crews have a much higher PvP focus. And some players hate PvP and don't want to job or be in any flag where they might get attacked just because of the crew's reputation. How do you prevent mass amounts of players leaving crews because they don't want a shared bounty over their head? I mean, I will be doing merchant runs when more islands open up, and having a bounty on me is exactly what I wouldn't want when trying to move stock.

All it would take is one PvP battle, purposeful or not, to ruin flags and crews with your suggested model. Please, explain a little more if you still think it can work, because all I see coming from that idea is bad.

[Dec 7, 2017 8:54:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

So

flag would be 144,500
crew would be 106,500

My question still is: Yes, some flags/crews have a much higher PvP focus. And some players hate PvP and don't want to job or be in any flag where they might get attacked just because of the crew's reputation. How do you prevent mass amounts of players leaving crews because they don't want a shared bounty over their head? I mean, I will be doing merchant runs when more islands open up, and having a bounty on me is exactly what I wouldn't want when trying to move stock.

All it would take is one PvP battle, purposeful or not, to ruin flags and crews with your suggested model. Please, explain a little more if you still think it can work, because all I see coming from that idea is bad.

I think it will work it self out. Just like the other oceans had people who were very into kading in a given crew and those who wanted to avoid the politics of war in neutral flags. I think each pirate will have to choose what kind of a crew they want to be in (in my opinion a good thing). I would find it odd to find people who are anti PVP mixed with those who love PVP.

There is a crew rank system currently.
For example your crew its ranked as Sailors the lowest PvP rank where as the crew Unlucky the crew with the largest bounty on it has the rank Skurvy Dogs indicating they are more involved in PVP.

I am all for a neutral faction but that is not an option I think it would help the game to have a way to say hey were not interested in the pvp's. I wouldn't exempt them from any mechanics such as sinking but hope the player base would respect it but not allow it to be used as a safe zone to move goods/kade stock.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Dec 7, 2017 10:38:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

I think it will work it self out. Just like the other oceans had people who were very into kading in a given crew and those who wanted to avoid the politics of war in neutral flags. I think each pirate will have to choose what kind of a crew they want to be in (in my opinion a good thing). I would find it odd to find people who are anti PVP mixed with those who love PVP.

There is a crew rank system currently.
For example your crew its ranked as Sailors the lowest PvP rank where as the crew Unlucky the crew with the largest bounty on it has the rank Skurvy Dogs indicating they are more involved in PVP.

I am all for a neutral faction but that is not an option I think it would help the game to have a way to say hey were not interested in the pvp's. I wouldn't exempt them from any mechanics such as sinking but hope the player base would respect it but not allow it to be used as a safe zone to move goods/kade stock.

And if someone gets attacked, and a bounty is placed on your crew because ONE PERSON in the crew did PvP? That would kill those 'non-pvp' crews, as everyone who wants to avoid PvP suddenly is tossed in the fray. And how about stronger crews that seek out those who avoid PvP, also causing problems? And people who join a crew they don't like, just to place a bounty on that crew?

Having it on a crew would just create tension, and remove the illusion of safety for everyone. You would have to be in a very small crew to ensure that no one will get attacked and half your crew leave.

[Dec 7, 2017 11:09:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 41   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates