• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5861 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
Onelegstan

Ship 'locks' on Obsidian Reply to this Post

Hello,
In light of the steam release I have a few suggestions to changing the way a ship is 'locked' on Obsidian.
Currently there isn't much difference between the 'crew use' and 'battle ready' options on Obsidian since ships can be sunk pretty much anywhere. Because of this I think a few changes would be good.

1. 'Locked for voyage' basically this would mean the ship can only be deported by the vessel owner, but anyone FO or above would have privileges to be able to access other parts of the ship. Namely the hold and chart table.

This would mean that the FO rank actually has some use again (since currently nearly all ships are just locked, otherwise any officer can take them out). FO's would be able to use this ship to move stock/charts on/off. Currently leaving a well stocked ship unlocked is a bad idea because any officer could just take it out and get it sunk.

2. 'Unlocked for Greywaters'. This ship can't be charted to anywhere but inside greywaters

I think this is a very important one for the steam release. Many of the new people that join will want to be officers and learn to run pillies, but won't be able to afford a ship. As well as other more experienced people in the crew not trusting these new players to take there ship out incase it got sunk. This would allow captains to leave a few ships open for newer officers to take out and learn to pilly without the risk of them being sunk. Basically a training vessel for the crew.

3. 'Battle ready for Senior officers' etc. Basically this would mean the owner of the ship could chose which rank they want the ship to be whichever type of unlocked for. Anyone below that rank it would just be locked for.

Again this would make ranks more important (especially the difference between O and FO) and would mean the ship could only be used by people that have been given that rank.

I think these suggestions would help make ships more accessible for others in the crew, and especially the new players. Because right now nearly everyone just locks their ships because they are worried about them being sunk.
----------------------------------------
Martyhur on Emerald
Marty on Obsidian
[Aug 11, 2017 2:18:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

Re: Ship 'locks' on Obsidian Reply to this Post

I would like to see a way to add permissions to a specific ship (or all your ships) to allow another person to have unrestricted access to their use, while still locking the ship to anyone else in the crew. Kind of like how managers in shoppes work.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Aug 11, 2017 3:02:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
peperox

1. 'Locked for voyage' basically this would mean the ship can only be deported by the vessel owner, but anyone FO or above would have privileges to be able to access other parts of the ship. Namely the hold and chart table.

2. 'Unlocked for Greywaters'. This ship can't be charted to anywhere but inside greywaters

3. 'Battle ready for Senior officers' etc. Basically this would mean the owner of the ship could chose which rank they want the ship to be whichever type of unlocked for. Anyone below that rank it would just be locked for.

I agree. These changes must be made in my opinion. The most obvious start would be the number 2.

I would like to see a way to add permissions to a specific ship (or all your ships) to allow another person to have unrestricted access to their use, while still locking the ship to anyone else in the crew. Kind of like how managers in shoppes work.

Very nice idea. That would also work like a charm!
Peperox
On all Oceans

Main at Viridian
BOHICA!
[Edit 2 times, last edit by peperox at Aug 11, 2017 4:59:54 AM]
[Aug 11, 2017 4:55:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.pirates-in-real.page.tl [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Another variation on modifying ship locking
[Aug 11, 2017 7:26:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Onelegstan

+1 to this idea also
Martyhur on Emerald
Marty on Obsidian
[Aug 11, 2017 8:27:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ZFMarbles

Agree with all of these ideas
[Aug 12, 2017 12:10:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sulevaie

+1 to this

In the event that the designations never change, I would ask that the "Ye have left [ship name] unlocked!" notification be removed for battle ready ships.

It annoys me for the game to tell me a ship might be sunk, when I have designated that ship to be eligible for sinking activities.
Twiggy on Obsidian and Meridian
Vulpine on Meridian
Suleviae on Obsidian and Emerald
[Aug 28, 2017 8:40:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Onelegstan

With the steam release coming this week. I think this is a very important suggestion to allow people to help new players learn to run pillaged etc.

Everyone seems to think this is a good idea...

So BIG BUMP!
Martyhur on Emerald
Marty on Obsidian
[Sep 10, 2017 2:10:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

Another bump. This is how I'd do it:

Locked:

Same as now. Only the owner can do anything with the ship.

Crew Use:

Officers

• Sail ships in non-sinking environments only. If they chart past the Grey Waters arch they get a whistle and a message that they won't be able to sail into dangerous waters.
  • Access the hold for ship supplies only. PoE from the supplies comes directly out of their pocket. The Crew Cut goes directly into their pocket.
  • Can put PoE into the Hold but comes with a Confirmation box explaining that they won't be able to take it back out.
  • Can place charts on the Chart Table and may remove only the ones that they placed there (until the ship resets).

Fleet Officers

• Sail ships anywhere in the ocean but cannot enter sinking skirmishes. Cannot enter Atlantis, CI, HS, sinking flotillas, sinking blockades. Cannot attack a ship at sea if the battle would be sinking.
  • Full access to the Hold and Chart Table.

Battle Ready:

Officers

• Sail ships anywhere in the ocean but cannot enter sinking skirmishes. Cannot enter Atlantis, CI, HS, sinking flotillas, sinking blockades. Cannot attack a ship at sea if the battle would be sinking.
  • Access the hold for ship supplies only. PoE from the supplies comes directly out of their pocket. The Crew Cut goes directly into their pocket.
  • Can put PoE into the Hold but comes with a Confirmation box explaining that they won't be able to take it back out.
  • Can place charts on the Chart Table and may remove only the ones that they placed there (until the ship resets).

Fleet Officers

• Sail ships anywhere in the ocean and can enter any skirmish, including sinking ones.

Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Sep 15, 2017 12:40:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sorator

I really like the idea of setting different permissions for different crew ranks; that seems like a pretty basic feature, and I'm surprised it hasn't been added yet.
[Sep 24, 2017 4:20:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cutingchris

Another bump. This is how I'd do it:

Locked:

Same as now. Only the owner can do anything with the ship.

Crew Use:

Officers

• Sail ships in non-sinking environments only. If they chart past the Grey Waters arch they get a whistle and a message that they won't be able to sail into dangerous waters.

Fleet Officers

Battle Ready:

Officers

Fleet Officers

• Sail ships anywhere in the ocean and can enter any skirmish, including sinking ones.

+1 to this one specifically. Would definitely encourage new players to progress through the ranks of crews while also meaning you could leave your ship at a dock without worrying about losing it because you accidentally left your ship unlocked
Magneto - Emerald

Cutingchris - Meridian Malachite (will never be forgotten)
[Sep 28, 2017 2:58:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Brilliant suggestion. Would alleviate the risks that come with recruiting new members into your crew. Hopefully, some variation of this is added to the game before blockading to reduce the chances of a rogue crewmate sinking a blockade fleet the night before a blockade.
[Sep 29, 2017 3:39:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates