• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1891 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Captholland

New Ship Reply to this Post

So today i was wondering, we have a new ocean. but most of the ships are the same.
yes, there are different designs, yes there is a lot to choose from but not different kind of ships. not with different kind of speciallity

So when the cading scene will start, people will still use brigs, frigs and the same kind of tactics, nothing changed.

So i was thinking of a new kind of ship or 2. One that will have you adjust your tactics.

So i was thinking About a ship in the form of a tank in smaller size and larger size.

The smaller size would take 30 people, like a war brig, but is heavily reinforced.
so instead of needing 12.5 Large cannonballs to take down, make it 25, but you take one shot away.
so instead of shooting 2 times a move, you can shoot only once. maybe you could add a special move, which needs gunners do token or something which enables something like a mortar to shoot forward.

The larger size would take 75 people, like a war frigate, but is heavily reinforsed.
so instead of needing 25 large cannonballs to take down, make it 40-50(dont want to make it to overpowered), and here aswell, take one shot away and add a special move, like for instance a mortar to shoot forward.

Adding this to the puzzle board will take totally different tactics and strategies and is in my opinnion more than welcome,

what do you guys think about it?

kind regards
Captholland
[Sep 23, 2017 1:04:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Re: New Ship Reply to this Post

Sounds like a lot of work, but a good idea I still want this ship.

I am assuming the tank like ships would drop a move also as its heavier armor.
----------------------------------------
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Sep 23, 2017 3:10:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cutingchris

So today i was wondering, we have a new ocean. but most of the ships are the same.
yes, there are different designs, yes there is a lot to choose from but not different kind of ships. not with different kind of speciallity

Could do with a new type of ship.

So i was thinking About a ship in the form of a tank in smaller size and larger size. The smaller size would take 30 people, like a war brig, but is heavily reinforced. so instead of needing 12.5 Large cannonballs to take down, make it 25, but you take one shot away. so instead of shooting 2 times a move, you can shoot only once. maybe you could add a special move, which needs gunners do token or something which enables something like a mortar to shoot forward.

So what you're saying is, a War Brig with a War Frig hull, but the broadside fire power the equivalent to a Merchant Brig with a special move? In a blockade, you're most likely going to be fighting broadside to broadside. The bigger hull would be enticing, but I can't say I would ever use one especially for a cade.

The larger size would take 75 people, like a war frigate, but is heavily reinforsed. so instead of needing 25 large cannonballs to take down, make it 40-50(dont want to make it to overpowered), and here aswell, take one shot away and add a special move, like for instance a mortar to shoot forward. Adding this to the puzzle board will take totally different tactics and strategies and is in my opinnion more than welcome,

See above, same principles.

It also depends on a few things. Ships aren't primarily designed for cades in mind. War Brigs are very versatile ships all things considered. Pillages, Flotillas, SMHs (Bar CIs and KHs obviously) and of course, cades. Maybe your smaller ship idea would be good for SMHs, but at the same time you could just load a Xebec

I would revise your ideas, but respect that you wanted to share them. Honestly if I wanted a new ship, it would have to be in the category between the Memeship, Longship, apologies. And the War Brig. Between 15 and 30 people and fit into the Baghlah, Junk, War Brig class. Since with population numbers and the uses for these ships. Or alternatively try and find a way of fixing the Longship to make it have more uses or make a voyage/mission designed with it in mind. Also maybe making it have a better ram option, since Vikings usually did ram ships a lot and that could be interesting in some aspect.
----------------------------------------
Magneto - Emerald

Cutingchris - Meridian Malachite (will never be forgotten)
[Sep 23, 2017 6:17:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captholland

So i was thinking About a ship in the form of a tank in smaller size and larger size. The smaller size would take 30 people, like a war brig, but is heavily reinforced. so instead of needing 12.5 Large cannonballs to take down, make it 25, but you take one shot away. so instead of shooting 2 times a move, you can shoot only once. maybe you could add a special move, which needs gunners do token or something which enables something like a mortar to shoot forward.

So what you're saying is, a War Brig with a War Frig hull, but the broadside fire power the equivalent to a Merchant Brig with a special move? In a blockade, you're most likely going to be fighting broadside to broadside. The bigger hull would be enticing, but I can't say I would ever use one especially for a cade.

yes thats true, but it not only for cading, aswell as smh or pillaging, just a different kind of ship, which you can use different from what we have now. besides in cades is it ever 1 vs 1? no exactly so you could move this ship into gunfire to protect others...
[Sep 24, 2017 4:06:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates