• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4929 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Filthyjake

Multiple Accounts:AKA Alts Reply to this Post

Ok fist off yes I know there arrrr... many threads that address this issue in game design as its an issue.

This thread is to gather information, and share workaround (in alignment with TOS boundaries). Some of the threads are part of other topics ect (with many pages/topics)...

My hope is for more of a conversation, as the Game Designers are busy and don't need to read the conversation however once we gather a nice list of information we can re-make our plea to the designers to help us multi client with a nice list of legit reasons.

For Easy Copy paste should you wish to:
What do you use multi clients for?

What do you use Alts for?

Have you found a way to continue mutli-client and how?

A few of my answers:

What do you use multi clients for?
Passing Labor Badges/items
-Current work around alt is manager/roommate can leave some things in shop/house (if you were lucky enough to invite the 2 accounts to manage or roommate before steam)
==Need help with moving dubs/Badges (Bought Dubs on main, how do I distribute to alt army avoiding fee's)
Shop keeping tasks(many)

What do you use Alts for?
Watching the Notice Board while doing other tasks
Playing other parts of the game while on a ship loading
I have a unknown leave me alone account for play with out the social side
Labor

Have you found a way to continue mutli-client and how?
I haven't as of yet but feel the need growing.
----------------------------------------
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Sep 17, 2017 5:22:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mooshoufunk

Re: Multiple Accounts:AKA Alts Reply to this Post

What? You can't pass your labor badge to anyone. Perhaps you're talking about a purchased wrapped badge?
Mandie-mo
Free-spirited pirate of the night, Midnight now Cerulean.

Mandie on Obsidian

Murasaki wrote: 

I like big butts and I can not lie.

[Sep 17, 2017 12:11:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

If your alts are on the same account dubs will transfer automatically. You can also ask a friend who you trust to help you with trades.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Sep 17, 2017 12:55:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

They're not going to let you multi-client.
They don't want you to multi-client.
The work-arounds you should be looking for are ways to accomplish the things you want/need to do without having to multi-client.
If you can come up with some, please feel free to suggest those to the devs for implementation, so they can make it more convenient to play the game without multi-clienting.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Sep 20, 2017 11:58:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PhoenyxStar

Multiclienting.... Multiple computers from the sound of things.

What do I use alts for - Making sure there isn't someone using my name frivolously. Sadly someone else has my Phoenix name on Obsidian because I didn't know it was opening until a month later. Too late to get my name.

If I ever desperately need to multiclient for any reason then I'll do it the same way I did the first time - before someone told me I could open more than one pirate on the SAME computer. By setting up a second computer. Since there are currently 4 lapptops, a desktop and 2 eePCs in my household that's not an issue. But since they fixed almost all the reasons I had to multiclent in the first place it's not an issue. Only reason I would have now is to make sure my son's account (Dear god my baby boy who I was doing night feeds with when I started playing is old enough to have his own account without breaking the TOS!!!) is set up properly and in my crew with me.
~ Phoenix or Danae

Depends on the colour of your ocean really.
[Sep 22, 2017 8:41:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
phamers

there is a way to multiclient steam games. you use a 3rd party programm to split part of your memory from the rest, this can fool steam to think you are not playing the game.

I think that grey havens dint specially try and prevent us from multiclienting but that it is just a feature that comes with steam.

if you wanna try it out, here is a guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=311943358
Holytacobar
[Sep 25, 2017 1:39:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CawCawCorra

The only real issue I see with no multiclienting available, is not being able to reclient when dc'd or lagging. If someone dc's in a SMH and they can't reclient... I just don't see good things happening. Unless there is a way to reclient that I haven't seen? when my internet skipped out yesterday it just closed the ocean out, and when I went to log back in less than 30 seconds later, it had fully logged me out.. Not just dc'd me, so that leads me to believe reclienting is not possible??
Wheelie.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by CawCawCorra at Sep 25, 2017 2:22:17 AM]
[Sep 25, 2017 2:21:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

To be honest I thought not being able to have two accounts open at once would be a huge issue destroying the way I play. I do miss some of the things that mutlit-clienting brought but also some positives to not having them.

If someone dc's in a SMH and they can't reclient...

The d/c issue is a problem as reclienting as far as I have figured out isn't possible either. I have just started logging out and in more often.

I miss being able to move items now I just use two computers or pass items through my spouse or children. Not sure how I feel yet about doing it for others... Was asked to pass 100k from one alt to another alt, but this could look bad as if real money transaction has taken place which is ban-able, so I haven't decided yet.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Sep 25, 2017 5:09:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

The only real issue I see with no multiclienting available, is not being able to reclient when dc'd or lagging. If someone dc's in a SMH and they can't reclient...out.. Not just dc'd me, so that leads me to believe reclienting is not possible?? Unless there is a way to reclient that I haven't seen?

On Windows - open Task Manager, go to Details tab, find javaw.exe and end it. Then re-load game. Easiest way to reclient without being logged out.
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sagacious at Sep 26, 2017 12:22:03 PM]
[Sep 26, 2017 12:21:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates