• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 3673
Posts: 3673   Pages: 123   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 519995 times and has 3672 replies Next Thread
Faulkston

Re: Need Help Searching? Got a New Suggestion? Ask a Poster! Reply to this Post

Slightly informative post of an old petition asking about the broken forum search:
https://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=2622847#2622847

Past attempts by the Developers to rebuild the search index have only temporarily restored this function. It breaks again quickly.
----------------------------------------
[Feb 8, 2017 8:30:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Slightly informative post of an old petition asking about the broken forum search:
https://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=2622847#2622847

Past attempts by the Developers to rebuild the search index have only temporarily restored this function. It breaks again quickly.

Thanks, Faulkston!
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Feb 9, 2017 4:20:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Obsidian should spawn a new forum solution. Or at least an entirely new instance, not just a sub-forum.

Maybe bring the active sub-forums into the new solution and leave the locked sub-forums up for reference or whatever?
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Feb 9, 2017 6:04:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Zebacha

This is regarding Cook Island on Emerald.

Petition:
Cook Island is an absolutely beautiful island, one of the prettiest on the game. Why, oh why, oh why is it left uninhabited, thus ensuring no one ever visits it? Please open it up. Even under OM control it would be worth making it visitable by pirates everywhere. #SeeLookCook

Response [Clotho]:
Ahoy, If you would like to make suggestions to the game, try posting in this thread in the Game Design forums about your idea to see if it has been suggested before. Other forum users are very helpful about giving you a link if somebody else has posted an idea similar to yours so that you can add to the existing thread. If your idea is a new one, you may then make a new thread to discuss it. Fair winds!

-----------------------------

Apart from the fairly unhelpful response, this is me pushing for the opening up of Cook Island. Islands with buildings on shouldn't be uninhabited to start with but Cook is too nice to keep in the dark!
U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi you ugly!
[Mar 24, 2017 5:52:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Counterpoint: There's a risk that if colonized by a player flag, this large island would get paved over and by some measures have its beauty ruined. #MaybePaveCook :-)
[Mar 24, 2017 8:10:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

I've been using the Distilling simulator from dachimpy for the past several weeks to improve my skills in-game. Is there a thread about the simulator that I can bump? Thanks!
[Mar 28, 2017 4:27:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Which aspect of the distilling simulator are you wanting to discuss?
[Mar 28, 2017 6:57:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Faulkston wrote: 
Which aspect of the distilling simulator are you wanting to discuss?

There's the issue of consistently freezing on a mouseclick and thus messing moves up. This is fixable by refreshing the page, but it happens again after a while. :/
Anyway, when this happens, after clicking a piece with possible moves, it moves of its own accord, parallel to where the mouse pointer is going.
[Mar 29, 2017 2:34:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

There's this thread which asked for feedback on dachimpy.com. There might be others.
[Mar 29, 2017 7:44:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Faulkston wrote: 
There's this thread which asked for feedback on dachimpy.com. There might be others.

Thanks! :3
[Mar 30, 2017 2:47:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patrys12

TRADE CHAT

Could there be a broadcast charge of at least 1000poe or 1 doubloon to use it. It is just crazy right now. I know it can be muted but sometimes one does want to let the ocean know what you are looking for or selling so using it is good but putting a price on it will lessen the spam
- xxx Alpha xxx -
[Apr 4, 2017 9:41:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Is there a thread in which a suggestion talks about a special event giving double the Reputation given for participating in anything for Patron Reputation? I've been following the Pokemon Go events, and with the double Experience for it... It led me to think of this for the hardest-to-get Trophies, the Tourney Boards.....
[Apr 13, 2017 3:54:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

I don't believe a special event specifically giving double patron reputation for qualifying activities has been proposed.
[Apr 14, 2017 7:06:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Faulkston wrote: 
I don't believe a special event specifically giving double patron reputation for qualifying activities has been proposed.

o.O Really? Cool! I'm just bummed that it's so hard on the underpopulated oceans. This would be a boon to those who love to collect Trophies. And probably attract even those who don't even attract those people.
[Apr 14, 2017 8:04:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jamsadiqali

I have a new suggestion for Krakling Familiar Color :
I would like to urge you to include new colors to this Kraken Hunt Familiar and the suggestive colors are Red, Yellow, Orange and Pink. These Familiars could be won on special events on kraken hunt and it would involve more Kraken Hunt Enthusiasts like me in the game. I am also posting a couple of examples of the color red and a couple of other colors with this post. Ofcourse the picture is not as refined as the games colors but the idea seems to be there.

Basically I am more in favor of a Red Krakling but this is just a suggestion to make things more interesting. I hope this suggestion helps the game move forward in creating more fun ingame events.
Thanking Ye,
Just A Humble Puzzle Pirates Lover,
Capthurtalot.
[Jun 21, 2017 1:03:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnjKwmBw5QY [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

There should be an Inky Octo before there's a Red Krakling, IMO
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Jun 21, 2017 5:29:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Drover4

New Trophy Idea,

Has there ever been a a trophy suggestion for having expert labor skill in all Shoppe Labor Puzzles?

I would like to suggest this.

Thank you for your time!

Drover on Emerald
[Jun 28, 2017 2:37:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Pirates can only hold up to three jobs simultaneously and there are currently 5 implemented shoppe crafting puzzles.

To get a trophy for having expert labor skill in all shoppe labor puzzles, would it be necessary for a pirate to change jobs within a suitable time window (say a week), and during that time window provide expert level offline labor or play the crafting puzzle to supply expert level labor (regardless of whether the shoppe downgrades the labor level)?

Or is it sufficient for a pirate to hold three jobs in different shoppe types, and have expert labor skill at each job?
[Jun 28, 2017 8:44:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

It's also possible he means "Being able to provide offline expert labor if a job would be taken", which basically means the trophy would be "renowned crafter", but slightly fancier?
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Jun 29, 2017 4:51:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

It's also possible he means "Being able to provide offline expert labor if a job would be taken", which basically means the trophy would be "renowned crafter", but slightly fancier?
This is how I interpreted the comment ... though I heartily would disagree with that.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Jun 29, 2017 5:45:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

Unless I'm missing something, there is currently no easy way to find your crew/flag hall.

The quickest method is currently to go to each Archipelago and then search the Houses tab in Ye>Notice Board>Houses.

Maybe we could have halls automatically listed on the Crew/Flag pages?

Posted here in case I'm wrong, is there an easier way?
Jjc & Jice on Emerald
CI booty division stats
[Jun 29, 2017 1:53:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Jcmorgan6 wrote: 
Unless I'm missing something, there is currently no easy way to find your crew/flag hall.

The quickest method is currently to go to each Archipelago and then search the Houses tab in Ye>Notice Board>Houses.

Maybe we could have halls automatically listed on the Crew/Flag pages?

One such discussion
[Jun 29, 2017 8:03:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
gangsta500

can we get a trinket trader on Port Venture in Obsidian, even if its a temporary one?
[Jul 5, 2017 4:43:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Discflicker

Looking at the list, I see "Greenie might calculations" under 2005 and it links here. Was this ever implemented? It's especially relevant now in Obsidian, since you can sink people any time.
Not convinced I'll ever truly quit Puzzle Pirates forever if it sticks around.
[Jul 18, 2017 12:39:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

I glanced through the release notes, there doesn't appear to be any release which mentions greenies and might in the same context.

Release 2009-03-18 adjusted might calculations including but presumably not limited to considering firepower of vessels. But whether greenie contribution to might was changed too? /shrug
[Jul 18, 2017 7:26:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
mjfollower

In Obsidian dubloons prices are insanely high help us there. Please
Miraa aka Marila
Queen & Captain of Mystic Fighters & Serial Pilagers

[Aug 27, 2017 7:53:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Here's an existing Obsidian Ocean doubloon thread:
https://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=207101
[Aug 27, 2017 10:51:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Three Rings vs Grey Heaven? Got a link to what happened somewhere?
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Sep 20, 2017 12:13:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
CawCawCorra

Three Rings vs Grey Heaven? Got a link to what happened somewhere?

https://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=204533

https://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=2694556#2694556

SEGA gave up on Three Rings. Grey Havens created themselves from former OOO staff and got ownership the game, from what I understand anyway.
Wheelie.
[Edit 4 times, last edit by CawCawCorra at Sep 20, 2017 12:42:18 AM]
[Sep 20, 2017 12:34:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Ahh, Haven, not Heaven. Spelling helps search :-)
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Sep 20, 2017 8:49:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 3673   Pages: 123   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates