• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 612
Posts: 612   Pages: 21   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 329563 times and has 611 replies Next Thread
RonenOsden

Re: On the Horizon: New Ocean, Big Changes! Reply to this Post

guys i think i found it

Hahaha. About as accurate as the actual one would be now.
----------------------------------------
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Mar 26, 2017 12:53:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
Wiserytoo

I am probably the only one that loves the fact that the graphics in puzzle pirates is NOT realistic. I get so terribly motion sick attempting most other games and never in this one. Most other video games, I can't even walk about , let alone run or fight without medicating myself first. Not ideal. I don't mind if they tidy or pretty it up, but I hope that's all that gets changed.
[Mar 30, 2017 9:03:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chingchongpi

This sounds exiting!

When will we get an update?
[Mar 31, 2017 2:08:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
paaddy

Just wondering if there will be support for other languages than english?
Like german, french or spanish?
Paddy @ Opal
Spoongi @ Emerald
[Apr 1, 2017 6:26:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

Hear hear!! I'm Engilsh only, but that doesn't mean I can't sympathize with those who are stuck with a dead ocean(Jade/Opal) because they are the opposite of me and can't speak English very well. Video games are a surprisingly great way to learn a language(My brother learned to read so he could play a game), but a bit of help can go a great way.
Scarpath on Emerald, Cerulean, and Meridian!

Also Scarpath on Obsidian, Defiant to the core.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Apr 1, 2017 8:59:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Hear hear!! I'm Engilsh only, but that doesn't mean I can't sympathize with those who are stuck with a dead ocean(Jade/Opal) because they are the opposite of me and can't speak English very well. Video games are a surprisingly great way to learn a language(My brother learned to read so he could play a game), but a bit of help can go a great way.

I suspect, just because of logistical constraints, that in-game help would have to come through a translation program. I mean, if they're unable to keep Opal going right now without translation software, it's unlikely that they will be able to extend native support to other languages when they add one more ocean to the OM's stack of responsibilities.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Apr 2, 2017 5:48:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
paaddy

I personally think there are more than enough players who will be able to help with translations ;)

But not even translations, maybe some ocean-wide (english,german,spanish, whatever) chat ppl could use?

Think that will be attractive for new players from other countries with a lot of questions;)

(I didn´t mean another ocean, im not a fan what happend with Opal. Well we only can blame our 2 Oceanmasters Thalia and Endymion for that mess...
one ocean for all players is enough ;))
Paddy @ Opal
Spoongi @ Emerald
[Edit 2 times, last edit by paaddy at Apr 2, 2017 7:30:33 AM]
[Apr 2, 2017 7:23:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shinito

there barely a market for english speaking players and youre saying the there is enough non-english speakers to be worth both translation and continuous maintenance

Thorkill on Malachite 2.0 Obsidian
[Apr 2, 2017 8:13:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
paaddy

Good old times, there were over 300 ppl online at the same time on Opal and Jade got something over 200?

Maybe you underestimate the european market.

Also a lot of german players are actually playing at Emerald ;)

If they announce a game in more languages as only one on steam, i bet, there would be enough players who appreciate this.

But of course, if its not worth the money they won`t do that.

I was just asking "if" there is support.

So i know if i can start playing again in Q4/17 or not ;)

Cheers

Edit: "continuous maintenance" ? Other games are using game mods from community or translation help from community too. It works good, or ?
Paddy @ Opal
Spoongi @ Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by paaddy at Apr 2, 2017 8:27:33 AM]
[Apr 2, 2017 8:25:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

I personally think there are more than enough players who will be able to help with translations ;)

Most of the language work at any given time is Ocean Master-specific. Dealing with complaints, petitions, general help, and so forth. The background, programmed announcements, and the like can be automated; that's not an issue, really.

But not even translations, maybe some ocean-wide (english,german,spanish, whatever) chat ppl could use?

Ocean-wide chat has been suggested (in any language) a number of times, and shot down by the developers as a potential spam problem.

(I didn´t mean another ocean, im not a fan what happend with Opal. Well we only can blame our 2 Oceanmasters Thalia and Endymion for that mess...
one ocean for all players is enough ;))

Given the size of the player base, one multi-language ocean would probably be better. Allow the player to set his language, with the option to send all chat through a translation program or not. All non-English petitions would automatically be run through a translation program if there are no OMs that speak that language.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Apr 2, 2017 9:02:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Ocean-wide chat has been suggested (in any language) a number of times, and shot down by the developers as a potential spam problem.

An ocean-wide trade channel has been implemented on Ice, with a restriction that one can only use it once every few minutes.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Apr 3, 2017 6:17:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Unbreakable7

Ahoy!

I just wanted to say the development of Dark Seas has been very interesting and I think it will be a massive step forward for PP as a whole. I personally have not played puzzle pirates in 4-5+ years and I will DEFINITELY be logging into Dark Seas on day one.

I stopped playing shortly after Sage and Hunter merged into Emerald (Sage was awesome!!!!!) as the game in my opinion dropped of a cliff in terms of play-ability. I think Dark Seas is going to bring a lot of old players (like myself) back into the game, as well as open the door for many, many new players to join!

Very excited for it's release!
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Unbreakable7 at Apr 4, 2017 7:07:14 PM]
[Apr 4, 2017 7:02:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
deejayjak

Every now and again I Google Puzzle Pirates just to see if its making a resurgence. This could be it!

One suggestion: please fully support the social culture of YPP by allowing wide open spaces on popular islands for docktarting. I'm being absolutely serious — back in 2005, it was a beautiful thing seeing an island crowded with pirates just chatting.

With that in mind, don't overdo it on the dark theme. Black everything is just going to look a bit gimmicky, and golden, Caribbean style beaches make the game feel very pirated!
[Apr 5, 2017 1:52:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alstroemeria

Will it be possible to run puzzle competitions as a player? Maybe even for a dubloon fee to create one.

Would be awesome :)
Competition exploiters scammed the community:

Thread
[Apr 7, 2017 8:26:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
paaddy

Every now and again I Google Puzzle Pirates just to see if its making a resurgence. This could be it!

I dont think many new players will join.

Reason Number 1: There are already good puzzlers, because the puzzles do not change... so new players get disappointed by their "low" score.

Reason Number 2: PP is really expensive especially at the start of a new server. Limited pillages (cause no ships), if there are ships in tournaments we all know who is winning them ;) and so on.

So this Ocean is mostly for old players "maybe" returning to play the game.
And they will leave for the same reasons they left before ;)

Oh and i hope you got more stable servers for your new oceans... the steam access at the moment sucks... 4 disconnects in a row made me stop playing again ;)

I still believe that this ocean is splitting population and ruins all oceans ;) but prove me wrong.
Paddy @ Opal
Spoongi @ Emerald
[Edit 2 times, last edit by paaddy at Apr 8, 2017 7:07:08 AM]
[Apr 8, 2017 6:56:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

Reason Number 1: There are already good puzzlers, because the puzzles do not change... so new players get disappointed by their "low" score.

Awe, let me put on the kiddie gloves and remove the only competitive aspect this game has. Yeah, its a bit rough of a start, but guess what? This isn't Candy Crush with different difficulty levels. No, it's an MMORPG where you are given a few tutorials and thrown in with everyone else. That means that now you get to start working towards your own stats right away, but sorry if it takes time to learn. But hey, that's why poor and booched become learning for greenies.

Reason Number 2: PP is really expensive especially at the start of a new server. Limited pillages (cause no ships), if there are ships in tournaments we all know who is winning them ;) and so on.

It won't be new for long ;)

Oh and i hope you got more stable servers for your new oceans... the steam access at the moment sucks... 4 disconnects in a row made me stop playing again ;)

Puzzle pirates has THE MOST stable servers out of almost any game I know. It also works really well, even if your internet is kinda spotty. The only reasons you'd probably be having disconnects is if you lost internet almost completely, there was an update, or it hit midnight gametime and the servers rebooted automatically as they always do ;)

I still believe that this ocean is splitting population and ruins all oceans ;) but prove me wrong.

R.I.P. Meridian. Of course, it already is down to having an average of 60 players online, most of which are all there because they just can't bear to part with the ocean. And I get the feeling Emerald will shrink a little bit at launch, but will eventually grow, despite the new ocean. After all, the new(or returning) players who don't want PvP will probably go to the larger of the dub oceans. Or possibly Cerulean will even get a boost!

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Apr 8, 2017 8:42:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shinito

having to practice in order to get good is the reason competitive online games are so unpopular right now

Puzzle pirates has THE MOST stable servers out of almost any game I know. It also works really well, even if your internet is kinda spotty. The only reasons you'd probably be having disconnects is if you lost internet almost completely, there was an update, or it hit midnight gametime and the servers rebooted automatically as they always do ;)

servers still lag sometimes and the client cant properly reconnect when it loses connections instead opting to either completely log someone out or just freeze the game giving no indication of connection issues and not even suspending any match the player is in.
Thorkill on Malachite 2.0 Obsidian
[Apr 8, 2017 8:56:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
paaddy

having to practice in order to get good is the reason competitive online games are so unpopular right now

servers still lag sometimes and the client cant properly reconnect when it loses connections instead opting to either completely log someone out or just freeze the game giving no indication of connection issues and not even suspending any match the player is in.

Its not pratice to get good, its half the players is already good and its hard to get even a fine for new players ;) just mentioning.

Yes servers sucks. Its not even possible to open a second screen via steam so you can reconnect with frozen screen ;) Ty for these true words.
Paddy @ Opal
Spoongi @ Emerald
[Apr 8, 2017 9:53:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FenrirWolf

I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Auto PvP? Less Poker? Reasons to take and retake islands?

All looks good to me!
Fenrir , the one with a crappy signature.

The Eye - Former King
Odin's Demise - Former Captain
[Apr 11, 2017 6:23:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kingpredator

What most of you dont understand is that steam only allows one version of the client open at 1 time... So no more alt bashing... You can only play with one pirate at a time...

Second it allows more advertisement than what ypp can afford right now. Eventually bringing in new players. Which is something very important for this game to continue to live...

True but also not. Steam will create a huge divide between those who have multiple PCs and those who only have one PC. In fact you don't even need more then one PC to be able to still be able to have multiple accounts on at the same time. Steam is just preventing those who aren't capable of multiple PCs/VMs from multiple clients but those who can do so will reap the benefits. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to be able make multiple clients even with steam.
[Apr 12, 2017 8:29:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Bump.
Looks like they've added Patching puzzle to the coding!
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Apr 19, 2017 4:26:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Convention

Bump.

What a crew name :)
[Apr 19, 2017 7:55:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

Bump.

Ahaha, looks like someone put a lot of thought into the name of his crew.

With all of these crews, I wonder if the ocean is in it's closed Alpha by now.(As in, the server is up and the devs are actually running around on the islands.)

Also, perhaps a side thread to discuss the Yoweb findings is in order? Surely you folks have found more than has been posted here, and I want to see it all! Buuut perhaps without flooding this thread :p

[Apr 20, 2017 9:38:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Scarpath wrote: 
Convention wrote: 
Gunnerfreak wrote: 
Bump.

Ahaha, looks like someone put a lot of thought into the name of his crew.

With all of these crews, I wonder if the ocean is in it's closed Alpha by now.(As in, the server is up and the devs are actually running around on the islands.)

Also, perhaps a side thread to discuss the Yoweb findings is in order? Surely you folks have found more than has been posted here, and I want to see it all! Buuut perhaps without flooding this thread :p

Blah, I hope it's not in alpha, but it definitely does look it from the pirates shown in the pictures in other threads by Forculus. And yeah, maybe I should start the Obsidian Ocean discussion thread. :P Done.
Edit: Actually, pictures are in later threads Forculus created.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Gunnerfreak at Apr 20, 2017 10:45:23 AM]
[Apr 20, 2017 10:43:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Looseweed

rhaatid
[Apr 24, 2017 10:15:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

Looks fun. I would be quite happy to help build islands again, it's been so, so long.....
Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[Apr 25, 2017 9:26:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dazicans2

I have gone through pretty much all the pages and havent seen anything about this.

Is there going to be a resolution fix for those of us with high resolution laptops etc? It is really difficult to play when stuck in a high native res and the game not adjusting to help out with this.
Spyridondaz of Emerald Ocean
[Apr 26, 2017 8:50:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

I have gone through pretty much all the pages and havent seen anything about this.

Is there going to be a resolution fix for those of us with high resolution laptops etc? It is really difficult to play when stuck in a high native res and the game not adjusting to help out with this.
Forculus has made some changes on Ice that should help players with 4K displays. I would assume those changes will be applied to both production oceans and Obsidian.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Apr 26, 2017 11:52:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

jlh0605 wrote: 
Dazicans2 wrote: 

Forculus has made some changes on Ice that should help players with 4K displays. I would assume those changes will be applied to both production oceans and Obsidian.

As far as I know, the 4K resolution issues were fixed and implemented into the Options interface. The most recent client-side release implemented a fix based on a forum post in Technical Issues Forum. Or was it in Game Design?...
[Apr 27, 2017 9:29:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

loose wrote: 
rhaatid

"Wow"?
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Apr 27, 2017 10:11:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 612   Pages: 21   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates