• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 612
Posts: 612   Pages: 21   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 329734 times and has 611 replies Next Thread
Jcmorgan6

Re: On the Horizon: New Ocean, Big Changes! Reply to this Post

A damned shame it's a doubloon ocean, never did like the taste of 'pay to win' options that comes with an in-game RMT system.

Pay to win:
'In some multiplayer free-to-play games, players who are willing to pay for special items or downloadable content may be able to gain a significant advantage over those playing for free.'

It's hardly pay to win, having about 500k unlocks pretty much all the content (biggest use-able ships, all your badges, kits, swords, bludgeons).This takes a dedicated player less than a week to earn. After that money is really only used for cosmetics purposes. Governing islands is really only a cosmetic too, it's not worth it from a economic perspective. The only thing above that range would be shoppes, which can even be bought for as cheap as 400k on a terrible island.

If the game was pay to win, you'd have things like, badges bought for real money that boost the number of moves generated by your puzzling when sailing. Or the highest tier swords would only be able to be bought via real money, and would be untradeable.

But you don't see this, because Puzzle Pirates is not pay to win, the advantage gained by paying is relatively small, and becomes even smaller if you don't play every day (paying for days you don't play on cerulean, not the case on doubloon oceans).
----------------------------------------
Jjc & Jice on Emerald
CI booty division stats
[Jan 13, 2017 11:25:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Seamusmclir

But you don't see this, because Puzzle Pirates is not pay to win, the advantage gained by paying is relatively small, and becomes even smaller if you don't play every day (paying for days you don't play on cerulean, not the case on doubloon oceans).

Alright, let me rephrase, the sheer expense of playing on a Doubloon Ocean is insane compared to what it cost to play with a simple subscription. While I understand making the game F2P and accessible to those without much funding, the fact that every little thing (including clothes? seriously?) comes with an associated doubloon cost is frankly obscene.

But I love this game, and I'll be coming back. I just wish I didn't feel like I was getting gouged at every turn to play what I could play for $10 on a subscription ocean. (Only without the population)
http://www.maghtuireadh.org/
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Manannan%27s_Seawolves

Obsidian Calls Us Home.
--------------------------------------------
"It's the damn of a new era!" - Pyn
[Jan 13, 2017 7:02:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.maghtuireadh.org/forum/    seamusmclir [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Governing islands is really only a cosmetic too, it's not worth it from a economic perspective. The only thing above that range would be shoppes, which can even be bought for as cheap as 400k on a terrible island.

What would it take to make it worth it, from an economic perspective? If a properly run island can make 250,000 eights per week? 500,000 eights per week? 1,000,000 eights per week?

I think islands can be much more profitable than what they currently are. But people need to change their view of what governor means. Just like each SMH is a specialty, as is attacking a flotilla, the various aspects of blockading, being a merchant/trader, and leading pillages, being a governor that can make the owning flag some profit from their conquest is a skill that has to be honed.

tl;dr: Islands are not "set it and forget it", time and effort have to be invested in order to make them profitable
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Jan 13, 2017 7:41:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Tejb5

+1
We had some banter in my flag that my outpost made more money in one week than the 4 other larges we owned except Admiral just because of a couple well placed spawns. There isn't really any excuse to not be making money on any island if there is a spawn nearby.
-Shigby
[Jan 14, 2017 4:54:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wippit

Alright, let me rephrase, the sheer expense of playing on a Doubloon Ocean is insane compared to what it cost to play with a simple subscription. While I understand making the game F2P and accessible to those without much funding, the fact that every little thing (including clothes? seriously?) comes with an associated doubloon cost is frankly obscene.

I don't think I've paid for a doubloon in 5 years. And I do everything I want to do on the ocean.

Hell, I complain that a simply 5 doubloon SMH badge gets you every single thing you could ever want - furniture, clothes, weapons....
[Jan 14, 2017 5:06:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aristobulus

As someone who has not played this game in many, many years, I have to say Dark Seas sounds awesome and I will definitely return to try the game again for that, and I've got a few friends that are interested in returning for it, too.

The things that sound really cool to me - the whole light vs. dark is really cool. Though I'm curious what is going to be done about balance if one side vastly outnumbers the other?

Reducing the impact of poker is a really good thing. And an increased focus on pvp also sounds really fresh, since voyages where you just fought bots could get old and repetitive.

Shop destruction also sounds really fresh - one of the things that drove me away from classic oceans was that things felt pretty...set, it felt really difficult for an average player to get to do many things because someone else already owned all the islands and shops, and it was hard to compete. This sounds like it will have more things trading hands so average players get to do more.
Old pirates, yes, they rob I;
Sold I to the merchant ships
[Jan 14, 2017 11:01:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    BigtheCat500 [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

Well, from my foxhole.....

Pros:

- it's new and clean without dusting everything. That's good for getting those charter players off to an equal start.

- it appears as though some of the issues with the current version will be corrected before release of the new version.

Cons:

- it's new and clean without dusting everything, which is really only good for the folks that join in the first few weeks.

- It minimizes game play for shopkeepers by putting 100% of their in-game investment at risk outside their ability to mitigate that risk (FTR, I agree with Algol's appraisal of the situation.)

- It makes PvP automatic which puts players who don't like PvP at 100% risk without giving them an opportunity based on their own skill / understanding of the game to mitigate that risk.

- It's only available through Steam - which many people will not use (myself included.) This really isn't an issue if the only reason to use Steam is initial access... like Miniclip in the old days... but if Steam becomes the platform for daily login, payment, etc., that's a huge negative for those of us who have had negative Steam experiences.

- It's a doubloon ocean with no subscription option. For those of us who prefer the "one charge for all game play" option along with the long-time customer discount for being a loyal customer, this is a negative. Yes - it is possible to get doubs for PoE on the exchange... that implies grinding for PoE to play cheaper or free. It requires me to check my balances with every login rather than only worrying about my once-a-year renewal on my credit card. As an example, roughly five years ago, I purchased 1000 doubs on the green oceans, because I thought I would give the doub model a try. I spent doubs for a carousing badge, officer badge, and labor badge. I was so un-enamored of my first purchasing experience that I still have nearly 1000 doubs. Aside from blockades when requested to participate by a hearty, I haven't been back.

In short, I appreciate the owners making the effort. It sounds like it might be much more of a "war game" than the current version, and it sounds like they are serious about fixing some of the issues that have plagued the older version. I just think that they are not taking their entire player base into account.
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[Edit 1 times, last edit by marundel at Jan 14, 2017 1:43:02 PM]
[Jan 14, 2017 1:42:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
Vepar7

Will this also include some balance changes, most notably changing the current swords?

Also will we be able to make payments through steam?

Will there be special cades between alliances ( Light vs Dark)? If so, what could the prize be?

Will there be neutral populated islands (maybe the biggets one) that both parties are able to live on (e.g using the Inn)?
Got customer supported on Emerald

------
Me:
<counter buzz sound> Just kidding, they are the Desperate Housewives.

majestrate :
Hera is a guy though, so....maybe not Housewives
[Jan 14, 2017 2:13:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Seamusmclir

- It's a doubloon ocean with no subscription option. For those of us who prefer the "one charge for all game play" option along with the long-time customer discount for being a loyal customer, this is a negative. Yes - it is possible to get doubs for PoE on the exchange... that implies grinding for PoE to play cheaper or free. It requires me to check my balances with every login rather than only worrying about my once-a-year renewal on my credit card. As an example, roughly five years ago, I purchased 1000 doubs on the green oceans, because I thought I would give the doub model a try. I spent doubs for a carousing badge, officer badge, and labor badge. I was so un-enamored of my first purchasing experience that I still have nearly 1000 doubs. Aside from blockades when requested to participate by a hearty, I haven't been back.

This... So much this. I can deal with it being a doubloon ocean if I can still choose to sub the five crew members that live in my house.

As for not 'paying for a doubloon' those people are missing the point. SOMEONE is paying for those doubloons, and the overall cost to the game as a whole is ridiculous.

Obsidian Calls Us Home.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Seamusmclir at Jan 14, 2017 9:20:12 PM]
[Jan 14, 2017 4:42:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.maghtuireadh.org/forum/    seamusmclir [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

It would be nice to have some sort of mix between sub and dub. Just like in the American anime community, some of us prefer one over the other, and asking us to pick one can mean asking us not to play at all. But perhaps a compromise? A $5-$10 subscription to unlock some features monthly, but not all. So, say it could unlock all the badges and some-such, but you still have to pay the delivery fee. Thus, we get the subscription to unlock, yet people can still buy dubs to get a badge and play. The downside to this would be an inflated price in the exchange, however, so I'm not sure if it would be the best idea.
Scarpath on Emerald, Cerulean, and Meridian!

Also Scarpath on Obsidian, Defiant to the core.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Jan 14, 2017 9:18:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shinito

when will subs realise that nobody cares about them. youre just legacy code that at this point cant be removed

edit: people who prefer dubbed anime should be shunned from society
Thorkill on Malachite 2.0 Obsidian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Shinito at Jan 15, 2017 6:11:16 PM]
[Jan 15, 2017 6:08:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

when will subs realise that nobody cares about them. youre just legacy code that at this point cant be removed

edit: people who prefer dubbed anime should be shunned from society

Ahhh, but you assume. I never played on a sub ocean, but if there were a more popular sub ocean, I would definitely join. However, I do believe that the dubs are possibly one of the things that allowed YPP to persist so long. After all, it is one of the longer standing MMO's of it's time, even if the player base isn't too large anymore. We love the game, but maybe not enough to dedicate $10 every month for so long. However, when you don't have to worry about spending money, it is a lot easier to stay/come back. Over all, I do prefer to have a dub ocean.

But as for your edit: Yup. Just yeah. Mmmhm.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Jan 15, 2017 8:35:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Seamusmclir

Over all, I do prefer to have a dub ocean.

I have no issue with a dub ocean, I just want the pricing to enjoy the whole game to be more in line with what a sub ocean costs. I had no issue paying $10 a month to enjoy the whole game, but the costs involved in playing it the same way I played on the dub ocean is prohibitive.

Obsidian Calls Us Home.
[Jan 15, 2017 9:21:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.maghtuireadh.org/forum/    seamusmclir [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

This thread has devolved into sub vs doub, which is a pointless thing to even argue about. Can we get back to discussing the new game world?
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Jan 15, 2017 9:41:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Shinito

Over all, I do prefer to have a dub ocean.

I have no issue with a dub ocean, I just want the pricing to enjoy the whole game to be more in line with what a sub ocean costs. I had no issue paying $10 a month to enjoy the whole game, but the costs involved in playing it the same way I played on the dub ocean is prohibitive.

The trick is to spend a few hundred hours playing poker until you have enough money to no longer care about anything (I wonder what's going to be the meme activity in the new ocean).
Thorkill on Malachite 2.0 Obsidian
[Jan 16, 2017 3:16:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Seamusmclir

The trick is to spend a few hundred hours playing poker until you have enough money to no longer care about anything (I wonder what's going to be the meme activity in the new ocean).

This is, I feel, part of the problem. This is not a solution, but a symptom of the disease. On the other hand, your tone seems mostly tongue in cheek. ;)

Obsidian Calls Us Home.
[Jan 16, 2017 5:29:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.maghtuireadh.org/forum/    seamusmclir [Link]  Go to top 
Gorillabuddy

Dubs vs subs is a pretty pointless discussion, since we know for a fact it will be dub. However I think it's worth talking about the finer details of how dubs work, and possibly altering them a bit in the new ocean. They're far from a perfect system and could use some tweaking. That being said, I don't play doub oceans and only know a bit about economics, so I can't contribute all that much to the discussion.
Pliskin of Cerulean

[Jan 16, 2017 8:20:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
deltaruler

Possible implementations and fixes for Obsidian : by Dahlgren

Blockades:
Fix the scuttle mechanic. As it is it's possible for a flag to opt out of defending completely, and this, along with the shielding aspect of scuttling is super detrimental to creating a competitive blockade scene. However, it can still be useful for when flags that are retiring/taking breaks want to make sure someone has to actually work for the islands. This leads me to believe that the most reasonable fix would be to impose a temporary ban for blockading for the flag that scuttles, and that a flag that scuttles can't scuttle again within a similar timeframe. This wouldn't affect a flag trying to retire, but would make any kind of shielding a lot trickier and less rewarding.
Punish No-shows. Right now when you get dropped on there's like a 30% chance there will be an actual blockade. This needs to be punished since it completely kills the competitive blockade scene. It's difficult to hard-code a feature in that would punish no-shows without also dissuading blockading in general, so it would probably have to be something that would have to be actively moderated by ocean masters. A very specific set of rules would have to be set, something like: first offense of no-showing, two-week blockade ban, second offense, 1 month, third offense, flag-wide ban on blockading?. If the same person does this several times then a personal ban would have to be hammered.

Island Ownership:
As of right now a fairly large part of the taxes from shoppes and stalls are being sunk. Making the portion of taxes sunk smaller would make it more profitable to be an island owner, and since island owners tend to blockade, this money would go towards blockades.

PvP:
Two things. First, the monkey ship needs to go. It does nothing but disrupt PvPing. It's a horrible feature to begin with, and has no place in an ocean that aspires to be PvP-centered.
Secondly, to bring another level into PvPing, introducing Wind. This would be displayed by some sort of compass in the bnav panel with 4 possible directions chosen at random (obviously E S W N). Wind would have an effect on move generation. For example, a ship ends the turn facing east, the wind blows to the north (demonstrated by the little compass thingy). This would mean that the move generation on this vessel would be say 75% of max, since the wind is hitting the ship's sails from the side. Having the wind in your back (going straight through the sails) would give a 100% move generation and facing into the wind, 50%.
I believe this would make all battle navigation more difficult, and more dynamic. It would also give a bigger advantage to the better navigator seeing as being mindful of the wind and positioning yourself correctly will give you a significant edge over your opponent.

Ocean Size:
On the doubloon oceans, we have vast areas of the ocean barely being used. You're more likely to see Middlesborough win the league than to find a boat to PvP in for example Horsehead Arch on Emerald. Given that we don't know how big the turnout will be for Obsidian, I think it would be wise to start with a small number of archipelagos and then "discover" more if the active player levels are high enough. For example, at the opening there are only two archipelagos (fits the light/darkness duality narrative). The size of said archipelagos would need to be discussed further but I think the amount of colonizable larges should be kept low. All of this would inspire a more competitive blockade scene.
If the new update is a huge hit, you hit a 1k player average during peak times and it's crowded in the two original archipelagos, you add a third one by having some sort of "discovery" patch, and so on until good balance is found. It's very important to keep in mind that it's easier to discover new archipelagos than to remove old ones, so starting small is the way to go.

Sinking PvP's:
Being grappled while PvPing while at war is a nasty threat. Furthermore, the risk of being grappled gives a very narrow window to play in when trying to sink a skilled opponent. If the fray in a sinking PvP would also lose the deed to the vessel (crew kicked off the ship, opposing crew having to man two vessels) it would create a tougher war-environment, which I sense is what you want with Obsidian. This also gives an incentive for the engaged vessel to fight back, since they would win the deed of the attacking ship if they win the fray. This also encourages counter-hitting, since the winning crew now has to split up onto two boats making them undermanned (at least momentarily).

Pillaging:
Historically speaking, finding pieces of eight on a plundered ship would be a rare thing. Much more common would be to find commodities. When pillaging today, virtually your entire profit comes through cold hard cash, and pretty much none through commodities. Shifting this so that pillaging payouts would be more commodities less PoE would lead to a more realistic, fun, and varied gameplay. Imagine not getting the exact same thing every time you win a battle, such fun.
It would also help vitalize the commercial scene on islands since influx of items would come from players not just merchant bots. If the best pillaging routes are off of uncolonizable islands, the commodities would have to be moved which would encourage PvPs. It also encourages people to use larger ships since the hold-size expands considerably with ship size, and this would be relevant if payouts actually took up holdspace. Larger ships used leads to a less elitistic environment which helps new players.
A downside to this would be that the jobbers would get less pay if the cash-payout was decreased too much, so this should probably be left at similar levels and the commodities brought up.

SMH-chests:
One issue with SMH chests is that they spawn bludgeons and swords. If they were to not do that, more people would have to buy swords from actual human shopkeepers, which would help the economy. It's a small fix that could have a big impact.

Flag-cuts:
Right now there's a restocking cut in booty division (even though some people set this very low to avoid making money). There could also be a "flag restock cut"-type of thing that should have a pretty low ceiling (like 10%-ish). This would send 10% (or any other % chosen) to flag coffers (possibly accessed through the flag page, maybe through the coffers of the flag hall (so it would encourage flags buying a flag hall for their members)) just like restock cuts sends it to the hold coffers. My hope is that these %'s are negligible for the sole pillager (or whatever they're doing that requires a booty division), but would provide a significant income to a flag, solely from it being out on the ocean. This would mean the task of funding a flag wouldn't fall on a small amount of royals. Obviously I hope this will lead to a lower economical threshold for flags to blockade (and not just fancy outfits for the royals), but a definitive side-effect would be that gathering together into large flags would be more beneficial than it is today. This emphasizes the need for teamwork, and also reduces elitism (since even the greenest pirate can contribute). Out of all the suggested changes, this is by far the one I feel is the most important.

Oceanwide meetings with OM's:
There used to be some sort of meetings with developer staff in the early days of the game. I didn't play then so I'm not really sure how it worked but I definitely see an idea with implementing something like this. My idea is that the monarchs (or a representative) of the 5 largest flags on each side (light/dark) sits down for a monthly meeting with a developer or ocean master. This requires like a couple of hours of attention per month maximum from Grey Havens staff and there is a huge advantage of having a direct channel between the players of the game and the moderators of it.

Reserve pirate names:
Some pirates on the existing oceans have enough of a reputation that people could benefit from stealing their names during the move. I for one, am worried that my name will be taken by an imposter if I don't create my character within five seconds of the ocean going live. I don't know how such a feature would work, but please put something in place so existing players can keep the name of their main characters.

100% agree! Nicely done!
GULFipedia:
"Real life made me to respect people in games faster. Games made me to mute people in real life easier."
[Jan 16, 2017 8:45:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Florianlp

And WHEN will the new ocean come?...
[Jan 16, 2017 12:03:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ak62

And WHEN will the new ocean come?...

In the very first sentence of this thread it says Later 2017.... At least try to put in some effort next time please
Camouflages - Meridian/Emerald

[Jan 16, 2017 12:16:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Seamusmclir

Possible implementations and fixes for Obsidian : by Dahlgren

Every last scuppering one of these, every one.

Re: The Opening of New Archipelago's: If the size calls for it, don't just 'Oh Hey New Patch New Archipelago'. Instead give us, as a community, something to work for, something we can all do together to find new lands in uncharted waters.

The possibilities with a large player base are endless.

The pillaging changes +1 to all of this.

On Sinking PvP's Two things here. 1 - Dub costs need to be removed from buying a ship. It prohibits PvP by putting a real money cost on an in-game activity, and that's going to make anyone without a deep pocketbook flinch. Otherwise, I'm all down for this.

Obsidian Calls Us Home.
[Jan 16, 2017 1:58:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.maghtuireadh.org/forum/    seamusmclir [Link]  Go to top 
Vepar7

Will players be able to run puzzle competitions instead of tournaments only (it could even cost dubloons as a fee)?
Got customer supported on Emerald

------
Me:
<counter buzz sound> Just kidding, they are the Desperate Housewives.

majestrate :
Hera is a guy though, so....maybe not Housewives
[Jan 17, 2017 2:11:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

My biggest issue is how much some things cost. Want a ship larger than a war brig? Well, you had better either play poker, or mana.. manage a shoppe... Whelp. So no way for the average player to run a large pilly anymore, you've gotta be a die hard. Fun. Imagine the hours it will take to either protect your shop or grind out that money one week outta the month when the SMH you actually like is up.

[Jan 17, 2017 5:38:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Salttree

get rid of routes that you have to memm , or wait and pray to get a chart for,, ,

open the whole ocean up to buy-able charts .. PLEASE ! !

and shoppies destroyed ?? I edddddd don't think so ,, why should I open a shoppie, spent hours of game time, filling it with inventory, on comm runs,, to have it destroyed, in an instant...

I would lose hours of work ,,, ..
I think you will find this wont work ,,,

signed Salttree

maybe just have the shoppies, shut down , frozen , for a short period of time, after an island changing hands ......

....... and you need to ,,, set up a buy a bott system,, so like if I want extra botts on my ship ,, for a poe fee, I can buy a full ship of botts to man all stations ,,,, .. I know this will sound, like a bad idea ,,, to lot of people,, but, its not ,,,
[Jan 18, 2017 7:46:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seanhagg95

Have they said anything about a release date for this ocean?
[Jan 20, 2017 8:41:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Sometime in late 2017. Think it was Fall '17, or around then.
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Jan 20, 2017 8:52:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Sometime in late 2017. Think it was Fall '17, or around then.

And they also said, quite distinctly, that that was an estimate, only, and that the actual time would depend on how much new coding/content they need to add in.

Based on my experiences with programming, expect between July 2017 and late 2018, with late September 2017 being the most likely actual time.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Jan 20, 2017 1:37:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seanhagg95

A lot of people complain about poker, I like it but i can agree it ruins certain aspects of the game. If you take away the highest stakes (20k-200k), theres no point in having it at all, because nobody takes any buy-in lower than that seriously. It would just be an AOF fiesta. For that reason, if the plan is to take away 20k-200k buy ins, I would suggest removing poker entirely and replace it with blackjack :) more risk, and players wouldnt be taking money from other players, instead the game would be taking the money which could keep the economy healthier. In this as well, the game would not be ruined like low buy-in poker is currently, with players who are reckless with their money. Also with that, there could still be a max bet limit in blackjack so that players cannot exploit blind luck. What do you guys think?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by seanhagg95 at Jan 21, 2017 11:46:08 AM]
[Jan 21, 2017 11:43:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

I would suggest removing poker entirely and replace it with blackjack :)

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss All the yesssssssssssssssss

[Jan 21, 2017 3:45:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gorillabuddy

A lot of people complain about poker, I like it but i can agree it ruins certain aspects of the game. If you take away the highest stakes (20k-200k), theres no point in having it at all, because nobody takes any buy-in lower than that seriously. It would just be an AOF fiesta. For that reason, if the plan is to take away 20k-200k buy ins, I would suggest removing poker entirely and replace it with blackjack :) more risk, and players wouldnt be taking money from other players, instead the game would be taking the money which could keep the economy healthier. In this as well, the game would not be ruined like low buy-in poker is currently, with players who are reckless with their money. Also with that, there could still be a max bet limit in blackjack so that players cannot exploit blind luck. What do you guys think?

Alternatively, there could be a poker/casino specific currency, like buying chips. And maybe you could use these chips to buy exclusive items. And maybe you could have a limit to the amount of chips you could buy. For example, you could buy up to 200 chips, but there might be things you could purchase at 400 chips or 1000 chips, and the only way to get that many chips is winning them at the table.

That way there would still be stakes, but it wouldn't have a massive effect on the economy.
Pliskin of Cerulean

[Jan 21, 2017 3:54:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 612   Pages: 21   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates