• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 612
Posts: 612   Pages: 21   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 329730 times and has 611 replies Next Thread
Shinito

Re: On the Horizon: New Ocean, Big Changes! Reply to this Post

Palor games ? Like with Labor I would like to see all parlor games free to play everyday but maybe wagers can only be made if you have a badge? Add more games like Chess or make a YPP version of a trading card game ( I loved Gwent from the Witcher).

What we truly need is a Pokemon-esque minigame involving familiars.
----------------------------------------
Thorkill on Malachite 2.0 Obsidian
[Jan 4, 2017 2:38:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Let's bring back Poker Pets while we're at that.
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Jan 4, 2017 2:42:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Let's bring back Poker Pets while we're at that.

Turn it into Pirate101 clone? :P
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Jan 4, 2017 5:00:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forestria5

Forculus, you said:

PvP between these two factions is automatic

Are we still going to be able to set ships to EVADE?
I would want to "mem" the new ocean, but PvPs ruin dnaving. It would also be a waste for any opponent "automatically" attacking me, since I only carry swill and cbs in the hold when I am memming.
Forestria~~finished memming all oceans on 7/27/17:
Cerulean = 678
Ice = 136
Emerald = 670
Jade = 356
Opal = 295
Meridian = 653
Obsidian = 178
TOTAL = 2,966 league points
[Jan 5, 2017 1:59:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

shadymermady wrote: 
Ocean Map ? Copy/paste the Viridian/Cobalt map, easiest to mem! :D

#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Jan 5, 2017 11:08:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Vengfulsoul

I am not sure if I am understanding what automatic pvp means. If it means, when naving in an area and you run next to a "dark" player the ship engagement is automatic and neither player can disengage I am very much against that. I love bnaving and would enjoy a nice pvp scene, don't think this is a good way to go about it. Here's how I'd approach it:

-different areas in the ocean with different stakes.
-hotly contested area has sinking enabled around it + can't disengage pvp
-a regular contested area no sinking enabled + can't disengage pvp
-none contested area

-instead of forcing players to engage, reward them for sinking and wining pvp.
-large reward for the hotly contested sinking area (sinking rewards/pvp awards)
-smaller reward for regular contested area
-paticipation trophie for none contested

This will serve to funnel the pvp inclined players into an area where they can dish it out. One thing this misses I can think of right now is that pvp players sniping cutters/mbs moving goods recieve no other reward, since these areas would probably be in none contested space.

We still don't know much that is being planned so feedback is a bit wishwash. Hope these pvp ideas are being tested. wouldn't want it to hinder the game in the end.
Vengiesoul- Meridian
SO of Schrödinger's cat
Professional Wigsas photographer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Vengfulsoul at Jan 6, 2017 2:32:34 PM]
[Jan 6, 2017 2:26:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Minsiem

shadymermady wrote: 
Ocean Map ? Copy/paste the Viridian/Cobalt map, easiest to mem! :D

Minsiem, Like A Fox
Nimbelina, Any Minute Now

I believe in a Higher Purple!

Erfan flag officer chats, "let's cade a popular forage island"

[Jan 7, 2017 5:51:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

Malachite is actually a good map for this, though I know they say they want a new one. You could put 'light' in Gila, 'dark' in Komodo and 'contested' in Lacerta, with the other two arches being unregulated space (no Ringer islands or rules about PVP). You'd need to adjust resources (expensive resources should only come from outside the safe zone) but the layout has the right type of connectivity.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Jan 8, 2017 10:54:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JamesStGeorg

Well good luck I doubt anything will put you off.
Ok you may be right about the arrangement with Steam, no idea, but it did nothing long term, apparently, when first used.
If you needed an experimental ocean why not use ice, even opening it up for wider access.

PVP is hated almost universally. Bar tiny numbers of old hands who are top b-navs. Total waste of time and effort. Hate fighting players sf/rb.
No one is interested in starting over from current player base.
There is no dissadvantage currently to new players. No shortage of ships for them to use once 'qualified'.
This will be like creating Crimson. A flash in the pan of interest.

Never got into shops. But the paving issue is simple to fix. Make them work like Houses, stalls, all on one footprint.
(Rarely if ever in 10 years taken out my own ships with players. The biggest problem is every child thinks all that matters is just b-nav.)

Want new players get rid of Dub costs on most clothes, furniture, housing. Things new players will feel good about developing their new pirate.
Jstgeorge of Emerald.
[Jan 8, 2017 2:37:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Malachite is actually a good map for this, though I know they say they want a new one. You could put 'light' in Gila, 'dark' in Komodo and 'contested' in Lacerta, with the other two arches being unregulated space (no Ringer islands or rules about PVP). You'd need to adjust resources (expensive resources should only come from outside the safe zone) but the layout has the right type of connectivity.

This is a new world. Why does anyone want the new world to be the same as something that already exists? That removes some of the exploration and discovery aspects of a world. Hence my original gif response.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 

[Edit 1 times, last edit by majestrate at Jan 8, 2017 4:10:17 PM]
[Jan 8, 2017 4:09:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
shadymermady

This is a new world. Why does anyone want the new world to be the same as something that already exists? That removes some of the exploration and discovery aspects of a world. Hence my original gif response.

I think everyone would prefer a new map, if they are going to copy/paste one though i would prefer the Viridian style ocean this is just my own personal preference. Your gif response was super informative as far as constructive criticism goes though, thanks.
Betty - Obsidian

Crip tells ye, "bout to turn on my balls warmer.."
[Jan 8, 2017 7:33:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123park

Possible implementations and fixes for Obsidian : by Dahlgren

Blockades:
Fix the scuttle mechanic. As it is it's possible for a flag to opt out of defending completely, and this, along with the shielding aspect of scuttling is super detrimental to creating a competitive blockade scene. However, it can still be useful for when flags that are retiring/taking breaks want to make sure someone has to actually work for the islands. This leads me to believe that the most reasonable fix would be to impose a temporary ban for blockading for the flag that scuttles, and that a flag that scuttles can't scuttle again within a similar timeframe. This wouldn't affect a flag trying to retire, but would make any kind of shielding a lot trickier and less rewarding.
Punish No-shows. Right now when you get dropped on there's like a 30% chance there will be an actual blockade. This needs to be punished since it completely kills the competitive blockade scene. It's difficult to hard-code a feature in that would punish no-shows without also dissuading blockading in general, so it would probably have to be something that would have to be actively moderated by ocean masters. A very specific set of rules would have to be set, something like: first offense of no-showing, two-week blockade ban, second offense, 1 month, third offense, flag-wide ban on blockading?. If the same person does this several times then a personal ban would have to be hammered.

Island Ownership:
As of right now a fairly large part of the taxes from shoppes and stalls are being sunk. Making the portion of taxes sunk smaller would make it more profitable to be an island owner, and since island owners tend to blockade, this money would go towards blockades.

PvP:
Two things. First, the monkey ship needs to go. It does nothing but disrupt PvPing. It's a horrible feature to begin with, and has no place in an ocean that aspires to be PvP-centered.
Secondly, to bring another level into PvPing, introducing Wind. This would be displayed by some sort of compass in the bnav panel with 4 possible directions chosen at random (obviously E S W N). Wind would have an effect on move generation. For example, a ship ends the turn facing east, the wind blows to the north (demonstrated by the little compass thingy). This would mean that the move generation on this vessel would be say 75% of max, since the wind is hitting the ship's sails from the side. Having the wind in your back (going straight through the sails) would give a 100% move generation and facing into the wind, 50%.
I believe this would make all battle navigation more difficult, and more dynamic. It would also give a bigger advantage to the better navigator seeing as being mindful of the wind and positioning yourself correctly will give you a significant edge over your opponent.

Ocean Size:
On the doubloon oceans, we have vast areas of the ocean barely being used. You're more likely to see Middlesborough win the league than to find a boat to PvP in for example Horsehead Arch on Emerald. Given that we don't know how big the turnout will be for Obsidian, I think it would be wise to start with a small number of archipelagos and then "discover" more if the active player levels are high enough. For example, at the opening there are only two archipelagos (fits the light/darkness duality narrative). The size of said archipelagos would need to be discussed further but I think the amount of colonizable larges should be kept low. All of this would inspire a more competitive blockade scene.
If the new update is a huge hit, you hit a 1k player average during peak times and it's crowded in the two original archipelagos, you add a third one by having some sort of "discovery" patch, and so on until good balance is found. It's very important to keep in mind that it's easier to discover new archipelagos than to remove old ones, so starting small is the way to go.

Sinking PvP's:
Being grappled while PvPing while at war is a nasty threat. Furthermore, the risk of being grappled gives a very narrow window to play in when trying to sink a skilled opponent. If the fray in a sinking PvP would also lose the deed to the vessel (crew kicked off the ship, opposing crew having to man two vessels) it would create a tougher war-environment, which I sense is what you want with Obsidian. This also gives an incentive for the engaged vessel to fight back, since they would win the deed of the attacking ship if they win the fray. This also encourages counter-hitting, since the winning crew now has to split up onto two boats making them undermanned (at least momentarily).

Pillaging:
Historically speaking, finding pieces of eight on a plundered ship would be a rare thing. Much more common would be to find commodities. When pillaging today, virtually your entire profit comes through cold hard cash, and pretty much none through commodities. Shifting this so that pillaging payouts would be more commodities less PoE would lead to a more realistic, fun, and varied gameplay. Imagine not getting the exact same thing every time you win a battle, such fun.
It would also help vitalize the commercial scene on islands since influx of items would come from players not just merchant bots. If the best pillaging routes are off of uncolonizable islands, the commodities would have to be moved which would encourage PvPs. It also encourages people to use larger ships since the hold-size expands considerably with ship size, and this would be relevant if payouts actually took up holdspace. Larger ships used leads to a less elitistic environment which helps new players.
A downside to this would be that the jobbers would get less pay if the cash-payout was decreased too much, so this should probably be left at similar levels and the commodities brought up.

SMH-chests:
One issue with SMH chests is that they spawn bludgeons and swords. If they were to not do that, more people would have to buy swords from actual human shopkeepers, which would help the economy. It's a small fix that could have a big impact.

Flag-cuts:
Right now there's a restocking cut in booty division (even though some people set this very low to avoid making money). There could also be a "flag restock cut"-type of thing that should have a pretty low ceiling (like 10%-ish). This would send 10% (or any other % chosen) to flag coffers (possibly accessed through the flag page, maybe through the coffers of the flag hall (so it would encourage flags buying a flag hall for their members)) just like restock cuts sends it to the hold coffers. My hope is that these %'s are negligible for the sole pillager (or whatever they're doing that requires a booty division), but would provide a significant income to a flag, solely from it being out on the ocean. This would mean the task of funding a flag wouldn't fall on a small amount of royals. Obviously I hope this will lead to a lower economical threshold for flags to blockade (and not just fancy outfits for the royals), but a definitive side-effect would be that gathering together into large flags would be more beneficial than it is today. This emphasizes the need for teamwork, and also reduces elitism (since even the greenest pirate can contribute). Out of all the suggested changes, this is by far the one I feel is the most important.

Oceanwide meetings with OM's:
There used to be some sort of meetings with developer staff in the early days of the game. I didn't play then so I'm not really sure how it worked but I definitely see an idea with implementing something like this. My idea is that the monarchs (or a representative) of the 5 largest flags on each side (light/dark) sits down for a monthly meeting with a developer or ocean master. This requires like a couple of hours of attention per month maximum from Grey Havens staff and there is a huge advantage of having a direct channel between the players of the game and the moderators of it.

Reserve pirate names:
Some pirates on the existing oceans have enough of a reputation that people could benefit from stealing their names during the move. I for one, am worried that my name will be taken by an imposter if I don't create my character within five seconds of the ocean going live. I don't know how such a feature would work, but please put something in place so existing players can keep the name of their main characters.
Technitium
[Edit 2 times, last edit by 123park at Jan 8, 2017 9:14:02 PM]
[Jan 8, 2017 8:53:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

I think everyone would prefer a new map, if they are going to copy/paste one though i would prefer the Viridian style ocean this is just my own personal preference. Your gif response was super informative as far as constructive criticism goes though, thanks.

Forculus posted "A new ocean layout to accompany the dark vs. light story, with some newly created islands to explore", so when you write nothing more than "Ocean Map ? Copy/paste the Viridian/Cobalt map, easiest to mem! :D", I took it to mean that you are saying you don't want a new ocean layout, you want something that you already know.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 

[Jan 8, 2017 9:25:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Xtronic

Phew, it's been awhile since I posted on these forums.

As a long time on and off player, I'm thrilled to see a new ocean with some revamps and focus on the game's core features as well as the potential for bringing in new players as well as old.

I know many old players who would jump at the chance to come back into the game without the burden of competing against all the incumbents in its current state.

Unfortunately, I've lost contact with many of those players too. I would hope that when the Ocean is due to release there might be a message sent out to old players to let them know.

Something that hasn't been talked about much yet is alts on the new Ocean. Given the PvP focus and 'Light v Dark' scenario, i think we do need to be more cautious than usual about how alts are to be used and whether they can take different sides simultaneously.
As a secondary point, being locked into one side would encourage more loyalty and engagement with that faction.

I only recently returned, so not entirely sure on what the current state of alting is, so I'll leave that for further discussion. From the looks of other threads it looks to be quite a contentious issue currently.
I also heard that it become more difficult through using Steam anyway?

Cheers
~Scarpia on the Meridian Ocean~
~Caviar on the Emerald Ocean~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Xtronic at Jan 9, 2017 1:18:32 AM]
[Jan 9, 2017 1:17:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Percues

Something that hasn't been talked about much yet is alts on the new Ocean.

Basically through steam you can only have one client open at a time so good bye alting.

Flag-cuts:
Right now there's a restocking cut in booty division (even though some people set this very low to avoid making money). There could also be a "flag restock cut"-type of thing that should have a pretty low ceiling (like 10%-ish). This would send 10% (or any other % chosen) to flag coffers (possibly accessed through the flag page, maybe through the coffers of the flag hall (so it would encourage flags buying a flag hall for their members)) just like restock cuts sends it to the hold coffers. My hope is that these %'s are negligible for the sole pillager (or whatever they're doing that requires a booty division), but would provide a significant income to a flag, solely from it being out on the ocean. This would mean the task of funding a flag wouldn't fall on a small amount of royals. Obviously I hope this will lead to a lower economical threshold for flags to blockade (and not just fancy outfits for the royals), but a definitive side-effect would be that gathering together into large flags would be more beneficial than it is today. This emphasizes the need for teamwork, and also reduces elitism (since even the greenest pirate can contribute). Out of all the suggested changes, this is by far the one I feel is the most important.

Everything you said was brilliant Dahlgren, but I fully agree with this being the most important.

On a totally different note; Personally I think it would be for the best if you did not immediately have to pick between light or dark, but say for example the crew or flag you join is Light or Dark. This way people can see where the people they play with are and go from there.

Also I agree with holding the names of mains. A lot of people would take others names to get a leg up and to fuck others over; I mean can you imagine if someone like Gloriavictus got Dalnoths name or someone seedy like Wowriver got Heavycomer? Complete blasphemy.

Jasperc
Gloriavictus tells ye, "im still trying to figure out how you became so relevant"
Dirtycore tells ye, "can I listen to orders from you this round pls"
Redcore tells ye, "never had a better ba than what I had last night&quot
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Percues at Jan 9, 2017 1:37:49 AM]
[Jan 9, 2017 1:36:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tejb5

As a slight add on the legend Dahlgrens post. I believe there should be more specific blockade rules. I have seen many blockades where the amount of effort put into a specific island during a multi has varied. Ex, MKA losing an island with a brig in it because another island at the same time had 2 frigs and 2 brigs because the OMS decided "we were not contesting seriously enough". There seems to be wayyyyy to many grey lines that need to be fixed.
Everything else Dahl said was amazing and I completely love it.
-Shigby
[Jan 9, 2017 4:03:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Malachite side of Meridian is pitifully under-Colonised..... Too many uncolonised islands there..... I agree that they should copy this one, if they're going to copy part of a former ocean. We could Colonise a LOT more than what players did on the late Malachite Ocean.
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Jan 9, 2017 4:56:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wonderocean

Ocean Size:
On the doubloon oceans, we have vast areas of the ocean barely being used. You're more likely to see Middlesborough win the league than to find a boat to PvP in for example Horsehead Arch on Emerald. Given that we don't know how big the turnout will be for Obsidian, I think it would be wise to start with a small number of archipelagos and then "discover" more if the active player levels are high enough. For example, at the opening there are only two archipelagos (fits the light/darkness duality narrative). The size of said archipelagos would need to be discussed further but I think the amount of colonizable larges should be kept low. All of this would inspire a more competitive blockade scene.
If the new update is a huge hit, you hit a 1k player average during peak times and it's crowded in the two original archipelagos, you add a third one by having some sort of "discovery" patch, and so on until good balance is found. It's very important to keep in mind that it's easier to discover new archipelagos than to remove old ones, so starting small is the way to go.

Why not keep it at 2 archipelagos? What is even the use of more archis?
There is one main island per ocean, because people need a place to do their trading. The islands in the same archipelago are more likely to draw people to them because you can take a ferry to the main island.

Related to this: Fix the inn. Having one main island is bad. Maybe create something like the Grand exchange on Runescape, or remake the inn so that every inn joins in one big trading place, in the center of the archipel.

While on the light vs dark topic: Can there be a certain event in the center of the map where light and dark fight over once every ... month, week? Like Baradin hold in world of warcraft. The winner of the event would be able to do some special type of sea monster hunt that would give a chance for a special reward.

Also league of legends: Every weekend a different new fun rotation of game mode? anyone? anyone?

SMH-chests:
One issue with SMH chests is that they spawn bludgeons and swords. If they were to not do that, more people would have to buy swords from actual human shopkeepers, which would help the economy. It's a small fix that could have a big impact.

Agreed. Related: Remove the Sea monster maps from frays. This gives way too easy access to them. You should be limiting the amount of maps out there. This also increases the need for pillies: If you can find a map, you can probably sell it for a considerable price.

Flag-cuts:

Yep.

Reserve pirate names:
Some pirates on the existing oceans have enough of a reputation that people could benefit from stealing their names during the move. I for one, am worried that my name will be taken by an imposter if I don't create my character within five seconds of the ocean going live. I don't know how such a feature would work, but please put something in place so existing players can keep the name of their main characters.

I shall make it my goal to steal all the famous names. Unfortunately, that doesn't include you.
Jk, stealing yours first :)
Oceancool from hunter ;)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wonderocean at Jan 9, 2017 10:36:34 AM]
[Jan 9, 2017 10:31:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2NDSKY

Reserve pirate names:

Please don't, I really want to steal the name Ayylmao.
Shadowiie on Emerald
[Jan 9, 2017 1:29:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ressurect999

Barbarians vs brigands. In PVP barbarians play rumble and brigands play sf and their attacks transfer over to each other.

It would be very difficult to balance but I think it could be doable. I would worry about the brigand community being larger than the barbarian community though.
Fukkatsu everywhere except midnight
Hihonoo on midnight
[Jan 9, 2017 10:32:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rinic

This all sounds fantastic. Sounds like it's time to give the game another roll!
[Jan 10, 2017 5:17:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
napleon

Pirate King approves of the new ocean. Now when Emerald and Meridian and other small oceans merge on Obsidian I will be a new announced Pirate King.

But as to game development I have a few things to say later on about that.
Naploen-Sage
Pirate King since 2006
[Jan 10, 2017 9:05:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

Yes. Yes, this is exactly what I have been wanting for AGES! Okay, not exactly. I wanted YPP2 with nice graphics and low-stakes blackjack, but this sort of 1.5 is good enough for me!

Now, I will admit the whole factions thing sounds like a ton of fun. There is so little PvP happening, even in our largest ocean, and it feels kind of... stagnant. While this is partly due to the close-nit aspect of our community, it still will be fun to have things shaken up a bit.

Now, I might be the only one to feel so, but I am very excited for the shops ideas. Just imagine- you have to stock very carefully, because if you overstock and your stall is dusted before you use everything, you might lose a lot of money worth of commods. And if you aren't careful, you might even lose all of that money you earned, so keep it out of the coffers an in yer pockets! However, I do think that furni should go back to the stall owner upon demolition.

Also, on the topic of names: Please, I'm starting to worry with the lack of response on the topic of names. We have had problems with people making even just similar looking names to harass/scam some of our pirates in my crew, and I feel that with any sort of name saving, this could become a much larger issue. Perhaps to save the issue of there being multiples on the different oceans, we could try something similar to the merges, so if there are two pirates with the same name, one on say, Meridian and another on Emerald, they would end up with a suffix similar to after the merges.

And a big one that has not seemed to have been brought up yet: Crews. Not all captains will be able to get their experience up to narrow right away. Will there be any way for them to protect their status as captain, or will they just have to hope no one takes the crew name before they do?

I'm sure I will have more to say later, but that's all for now! Thanks for the news, Forculus!
Scarpath on Emerald, Cerulean, and Meridian!

Also Scarpath on Obsidian, Defiant to the core.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Jan 11, 2017 3:40:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

Just imagine- you have to stock very carefully, because if you overstock and your stall is dusted before you use everything,

I'd presume(hope) one of the following solutions would be made.

• Commodities are sold off to the highest bidder, with the PoE being sent to the owner.
  • Commodities are transferred to the owners vessels in that port (Could transfer to managers vessels too, if the owner doesn't have any/enough).
  • There is a grace period when the owner knows for certain they are losing their shoppe, and has time to deal with things.
  • Something similar to a bid ticket being created, only retrievable at the lost island (I think this could be tough to do though)

Of course, if going the barbaric route you could;

• Have the commodities sent to the palace for the new island owners.
  • Have merchant ships sail away from the island with 'lost' stock, encouraging people to chase them for a decent chunk of booty

The commodities simply being lost doesn't sit well with me.
Jjc & Jice on Emerald
CI booty division stats
[Jan 11, 2017 4:47:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rushers9

Reserve pirate names:

Why would they save your name if its an entirely new ocean/gameV2 if they didn't reserve it for say whenever for example an ocean called "Crimson" came out. I've been just skimming through this and I forget who posted it put this is still trying to grab the old and trying to covert it with new.
Rushers - Emerald
deaded
Rushers - Merid

Fedorov says, "negative vibes are not bannable, you can beat yer head against concrete and report me all u want"

[Jan 11, 2017 4:54:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wasa20

This should be an interesting to see how this unfolds. Heres just a few things I think pp could use a change on:

Blockades
One possible way you can prevents all the no shows that have become such a common sight, is to add a refundable chest need to drop on an island. For example I want to drop on an island, instead of just having a 25-125k cost to drop the chest, make it 1m ( or something significant). And for every round the attacker contends, you get 1/5 of the 1m back. In the case if the attacker feels that they should concede defeat, they could close the blockade and have that 1m fully refunded at that point. Or the attacker can forego the remaining portion of the 1m, if after one round they want to call it quits. And for every round the defender has to just flag sit, the portion of the 1m not refunded to the attacker, will be given to the defender. This way atleast the defender will get something for flag sitting a round. I understand this will increase the cost for smaller flags looking to get into blockading but that can be averted by having the refundable chest being refunded after each round, so they could be used for reserves/jobbing pay. Its not a perfect fix but I'm sure the defender will be alot happier walking away with bit of cash in their pockets for flag sitting.

Shoppe destruction
It seems like a cool idea on paper to be able destroy all the shoppes when you win an island and get revenge. Realistically not the best idea, as the other hundred people have pointed out. That being said I do think, its ridiculous how many shoppes are held by dormant players. Thats why I think it would be a more logical solution to have lease/rent a shoppe for X amount of months. This way you wont have dormant owners and it will be alot more lucrative for island owners especially if you are expecting islands changing hands often. This way every month you will have someone wanting to renew their shoppe. Although this does limit the amount of shoppes that can be on an island at any given point, which could be a good or bad thing depending on which way you look at it from.

Governership (is that a word? idk)
Islands should be more profitable or have more ways of making more money, like maybe governors should be able to bid on commodity spawned on that island at a discounted price. I personally think governorship should be a more active role than say taking out the money received in taxes at the end of the week. Maybe instead of just having taxes come in, the palace could have special commodities like gems which they could sail across the pvp prone areas to sell for high profit margins.

One thing I'm really curious about though is how this game will be monetized, if its not subscriber based or dubloons based. Will it be to having to pay for certain higher priveldges?or Will we be seeing in game ads? cause if so I think eharmony or one of those online dating website should be the platinum sponsor, maybe if they sign up for their site, they could have "special" privileges for their s/o on the docks ;)
Wasa on Sage
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wasa20 at Jan 11, 2017 6:34:57 PM]
[Jan 11, 2017 6:31:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

One thing I'm really curious about though is how this game will be monetized, if its not subscriber based or dubloons based.

Dark Seas will be an isolated doubloon ocean where doubloon trades with our current oceans will not be enabled.

???
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Jan 11, 2017 6:37:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

wasa20 said:

Governership (is that a word? idk)
Islands should be more profitable or have more ways of making more money, like maybe governors should be able to bid on commodity spawned on that island at a discounted price. I personally think governorship should be a more active role than say taking out the money received in taxes at the end of the week. Maybe instead of just having taxes come in, the palace could have special commodities like gems which they could sail across the pvp prone areas to sell for high profit margins.

Pretty sure that Gems are not allowed to be in player-accessible Holds. They only spawn at Markets. Just FYI.
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Jan 12, 2017 4:43:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shinito

unironically dark seas is the best thing this game had in a decade because it actually tries to innovate on core mechanics instead of trying to cram yet another SMH (this is also why HS is the worst thing this game has ever come up with)
Thorkill on Malachite 2.0 Obsidian
[Jan 12, 2017 5:20:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Seamusmclir

Well now... This may just be enough to get this old salt to dust off his swash and hit the seas again. A damned shame it's a doubloon ocean, never did like the taste of 'pay to win' options that comes with an in-game RMT system.

That being said, I'll be tucking aside a little for my crew, calling back what Wolves I can, and seeing how this new ocean helps revitalize the seas.

I'll be putting the howl out.
http://www.maghtuireadh.org/
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Manannan%27s_Seawolves

Obsidian Calls Us Home.
--------------------------------------------
"It's the damn of a new era!" - Pyn
[Jan 13, 2017 6:06:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.maghtuireadh.org/forum/    seamusmclir [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 612   Pages: 21   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates