• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 15
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11660 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
Jcmorgan6

Ultimate Rigging List Reply to this Post

The stats listed are all their Renowned and above excluding Poker, drawing attention to the following 6 puzzles well known for botting, Rigging/Patching/Bilging/Duty Navigation/Shipwrightery/Blacksmithing

Ultimate Rigging List:
1.Pruz - Rigs/Patch/Bilge/Dnav/Bnav/SF/SW/BS
2.Jasonvorhees - Rigs/Patch/Bilge
3.Bobfs - Rigs/Carp/Bilge/Forage
4.Pooding - Rigs/Patch/Bilge
5.Aurife - Rigs/Patch/Bilge/TH/Dnav/SF/SW/BS
6.Dysphoria - Rigs/Patch/Bilge/Dnav/Forage
7.Olympus - Rigs/Carp/Patch/Bilge/SF/TD/Forage
8.Cihcgoalie - Rigs/Bilge/BS/Forage
9.Littleus - Sails/Rigs/Patch/Bilge/TH/SF
10.Drsyn - Rigs/Patch/Bilge/Dnav/SW/BS
11.Furret - Rigs/Patch/Bilge/Dnav/SF/SW/BS
12.Pokerrzz - Rigs/Bilge
13.Murdocc - Rigs/Carp/Patch/Bilge/SW
14.Headsnipe - Rigs/Patch/Bilge/Dnav/Bnav/BS/Weaving
15.Drekavac - Sails/Rigs/Carp/Patch/Bilge/Guns/Dnav/TD

Noteworthy mentions from the Ultimate Bilging list:(Alot less of a trend here, but still very obviously a trend).
2.Vercxce - Rigs/Patch/Bilge/SW
4.Pooding , previously mentioned
6.Patch Rigs/Patch/Bilge/Dnav/BS
7.Proudslider - Rigs/Bilge
8.Greyheim - Rigs/Patch/Bilge/Dnav/SF/Rumble/Drinking/SW/BS
9.Artiimus - Rigs/Patch/Bilge/Guns/Dnav/SF/Rumble/SW/BS/Weaving
10.Drsyn , previously mentioned
12.Aurife , previously mentioned
13.Pokerrzz , previously mentioned
16.Charless Sails/Rigs/Bilge
21.Kelvinm - Rigs/Patch/Bilge/SW/BS
22.Vernica - Rigs/Patch/Bilge/Dnav/SF/SW/BS

Obviously I'm not saying all these pirates bot, but I'd wager a large number of them do.

This seems too obvious to not have been thought of before, but do the bots create enough 'mistakes' that simply having 1 or 2 set layouts a week that are the same for all pirates would not catch them. As in they'd all solve the boards the same way.
----------------------------------------
Jjc on Emerald
CI booty division stats
[Dec 5, 2016 12:28:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
roflololmao

Re: Ultimate Rigging List Reply to this Post

If we look at the Patching list we get

1. Grumpycat - Sails/Rigs/Carp/Patch/Bilge/Guns/Dnav/Dist/Alch/SW/BS/Forage/Weave (Novice in every other puzzle
2. Hesperus Rigs/Patch
3. Suppervrefos - Rigs/Carp/Patch/Bilge/Guns/TH/SF/Forage/BS
4. Qrk - Sails/Rigs/Carp/Patch/Bilge/Guns/TH/Dnav/SF/Rumble/Dist/Alch/SW/BS/Forage/Weave
5. Drekavac - in the post above
6. Afirmat Patch/SF Novice in every other puzzle besides rigs
7. Amalja - Rigs/Patch/Bilge/Guns/Dnav/SF Novice in Carousing and Crafting
8. Triplepat - Sails/Rigs/Carp/Patch/Bilge/Guns/Bnav/SF/Rumb/SW/BS/Forage
9. Warsloop - Patch/Guns/Forage
10. Quark - Patch/Forage
11. Islandpie - Carp/Patch/TH/SW/Forage
12. Urologist - Patch

If we look at the experience of their patching we get

4x Solids
4x Weighty
1x Illustrious
3x Sublime

So 2/3rds of them have achieved ultimate in a short period of time.

As a patcher myself I don't like the current state of the puzzle as its nearly impossible to get incredible even with constant sparkles and these people are doing it consistently from the start. It seems awfully suspicious.
Roflolmao of the Emerald(Mainly)/Obisidian Ocean
[Edit 3 times, last edit by roflololmao at Dec 5, 2016 2:02:22 AM]
[Dec 5, 2016 1:49:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

As a patcher myself I don't like the current state of the puzzle as its nearly impossible to get incredible even with constant sparkles and these people are doing it consistently from the start. It seems awfully suspicious.

I agree it is extremely difficult to get Incred in Patching on the Dubloon oceans, but I've been able to do it by getting as many grommets as I can while at the same time setting off the spool BEFORE 1/3 of the timer has gone by. 1/2 works, but not as well.
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Dec 5, 2016 5:45:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

I agree it is extremely difficult to get Incred in Patching on the Dubloon oceans,

You really cannot group Emerald and Meridian together when saying this. Meridian is currently magnitudes easier to Incredible on than Emerald when talking about patching.
Jjc on Emerald
CI booty division stats
[Dec 5, 2016 6:16:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Hi from a person on that list!

Yeah - The patching curve is quite messed up. The barrier for incredible is higher than the barrier for ultimate (As of the moment where you grabbed that list, I am at #8 - I tend to spike up and down a little between the top and bottom half of the ult list. As far as my memory goes, I don't think I have scored a single patching incredible yet this year. (I can't remember if I did in the early months - but I have not scored one for a long time.)

The fact that patching is a quite consistent puzzle isn't helpful either - a less than incredible bilger can get a good board granting him an easy vegas go push him past the inc barrier, a sailor or rigger can get a good board/combo that's bigger than they usually get, but patching doesn't really have any mechanics that work like that.
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Dec 5, 2016 6:17:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

Phyllum is an example of this, Ultimate patcher yet no incredible trophy.

There was a long period where patching competitions would complete without anyone at all scoring incredible (even the current number 1 patcher was finishing as top excellent), this doesn't seem the case recently, so I'm wondering whether (hoping) the curve is coming back down.
Jjc on Emerald
CI booty division stats
[Dec 5, 2016 6:37:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

It really doesn't help that the way-too-OP patch bot is out. Not really fair to people who are genuinely good at the puzzle. I don't have direct experience with it, but I've heard it's pretty near impossible to beat playing legitimately. Slightly different from the other bots, where an actually good player can beat a bot every time.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Dec 7, 2016 7:05:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

That too. I don't know what level the other bots are at, but considering how the ult lists for rigs (and largely on bilge as well) are dominated by bots, I feel like these puzzles could be facing similar issues.
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Dec 8, 2016 3:49:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eyes

That too. I don't know what level the other bots are at, but considering how the ult lists for rigs (and largely on bilge as well) are dominated by bots, I feel like these puzzles could be facing similar issues.

I haven't been playing much this year but it has been quite easy to out preform the rigging and bilging bots. Patching however is impossible to best as the bot completes a flawless masterpiece in under a second nearly every board.

[Dec 9, 2016 7:31:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

I haven't been playing much this year but it has been quite easy to out preform the rigging and bilging bots. Patching however is impossible to best as the bot completes a flawless masterpiece in under a second nearly every board.

Flawless Masterpiece? Under a second? Jeez.... O.o
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Dec 10, 2016 6:09:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zapadapa

Can these bots be detected? Would love to see the bot-users banned.
Zapa of Emerald
[Dec 10, 2016 1:05:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nouer

Can these bots be detected? Would love to see the bot-users banned.

I believe so. Automated bots use simulated mouse movement to mimic human-like play which is quite distinct from how an actual human plays a game. Games like RuneScape have completely defeated automated bots by analysing patterns like this, and can now easily differentiate from a bot moving the mouse and a human moving the mouse.

However, it's important to note that botting on YPP is also possible by inputting the moves yourself, e.g. for slower paced puzzle like Bilging and Rigging. So there will always be cheaters around, no matter what YPP does.
[Dec 11, 2016 7:03:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Games like RuneScape have completely defeated automated bots

lol no

Yes, there's a lot of work put into detecting and finding bots - but in the end it's a race between bot makers trying to stay ahead of the detection mechanisms and the detection mechanisms improving. There's a large amount of bots even in Runescape still - and getting rid of all of them is near impossible.
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Dec 12, 2016 6:21:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nouer

Games like RuneScape have completely defeated automated bots

lol no

Yes, there's a lot of work put into detecting and finding bots - but in the end it's a race between bot makers trying to stay ahead of the detection mechanisms and the detection mechanisms improving. There's a large amount of bots even in Runescape still - and getting rid of all of them is near impossible.

Well, I mean they've made significant enough progress to stop the wide majority, making botting on your main accounts infeasible, unlike before. Those bots you see are just goldfarming bots that get banned pretty quickly. Of course they're still going to be around - the banning isn't going to be instant.

Bot makers are very far behind Jagex at the moment, and right now there's been little to no improvement from bot makers to overcome the new detection mechanisms.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nouer at Dec 12, 2016 11:55:06 AM]
[Dec 12, 2016 11:54:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

If you can't beat them, buy them.

Good luck on getting a mass bot ban this stage of the game.

I find reporting known botters does work very well. I'd start there.
Official spokesman of Ade446.
Barnabas the Pale tells ye, "You made me literally laugh out loud."

-The D: Retired.

[Dec 12, 2016 3:22:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates