• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 67
Posts: 67   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 26200 times and has 66 replies Next Thread
Crazymg

Re: State of the Ocean Discussion Thread Reply to this Post

What if we got a new ocean (or 2 /me waves to the subscribers) and gave it time to establish and then we slowly trickled our old possessions across?
----------------------------------------
~Princessmg~
[Oct 15, 2016 4:58:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
adelaidean12

I think many players would stop playing the game if they were forced to move on to a new ocean without the ability to bring their items (pets, fams, ships, trinkets, furniture, portraits, houses etc...) in particular, sentimental possessions with them. Some pirates collect trinkets, fams, pets, furniture and ships and it is a significant part of the game for these players to complete their collections. Sentimental possessions include being given a trinket or a ship from a hearty and whenever I see that trinket or ship I am reminded of them and that makes me happy. I would cry very much if I lost all of these items as a result of a forced ocean wipe and would probably retire from the game.

I would pay a transfer fee/export tax if that enabled me to bring all of my sentimental possessions with me to a new ocean.

In order to minimise the negative impacts on the new ocean of the transferred items, I suggest that all transferred items become non-tradeable. This allows the pirate to keep his/her sentimental possessions and that is important to many players.

Some ideas that need further investigation would include the following. A non-tradeable ship could be used for pillages as that is a non-sinking event. For any activity that involved any chance of sinking (such as some sea monster hunts as well as sinking blockades) the pirate would need new ships that were purchased from either a shipyard on the new ocean or another player who has purchased the ship from a shipyard on the new ocean previously. In order to help distinguish the deed of a non-tradeable ship and tradeable ship, I suggest the non-tradeable ship deeds retain their existing colour and have the words non-tradeable included after the ship name while tradeable ship deeds are given a new colour. For other items such as furniture and fams, the name of the item could be amended to include non-tradeable with the colour information such as krakling, grey, non-tradeable.

I appreciate that what may sound simple in theory may be much more difficult in practice to implement. Thank you.
Adelaidean
Emerald Ocean
Obsidian Ocean
[Oct 15, 2016 9:32:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tayes

I think many players would stop playing the game if they were forced to move on to a new ocean without the ability to bring their items (pets, fams, ships, trinkets, furniture, portraits, houses etc...) in particular, sentimental possessions with them. Some pirates collect trinkets, fams, pets, furniture and ships and it is a significant part of the game for these players to complete their collections. Sentimental possessions include being given a trinket or a ship from a hearty and whenever I see that trinket or ship I am reminded of them and that makes me happy. I would cry very much if I lost all of these items as a result of a forced ocean wipe and would probably retire from the game.

I would pay a transfer fee/export tax if that enabled me to bring all of my sentimental possessions with me to a new ocean.

In order to minimise the negative impacts on the new ocean of the transferred items, I suggest that all transferred items become non-tradeable. This allows the pirate to keep his/her sentimental possessions and that is important to many players.

Some ideas that need further investigation would include the following. A non-tradeable ship could be used for pillages as that is a non-sinking event. For any activity that involved any chance of sinking (such as some sea monster hunts as well as sinking blockades) the pirate would need new ships that were purchased from either a shipyard on the new ocean or another player who has purchased the ship from a shipyard on the new ocean previously. In order to help distinguish the deed of a non-tradeable ship and tradeable ship, I suggest the non-tradeable ship deeds retain their existing colour and have the words non-tradeable included after the ship name while tradeable ship deeds are given a new colour. For other items such as furniture and fams, the name of the item could be amended to include non-tradeable with the colour information such as krakling, grey, non-tradeable.

I appreciate that what may sound simple in theory may be much more difficult in practice to implement. Thank you.

I like these thoughts! The non-transferrable idea is amazing, to keep sentimental value without people who currently have loads of fams/ships/pets/etc. from getting a head start on a new ocean. I also like the idea that ships could only be used in pillages/non sinking events.

Perhaps a "free" limit could be set?
- 1 fam, 3 ships, 3 pets, 10 trinkets (for example) and then a tax if you wanted to bring more (ex: $20USD per familiar, $5USD per extra ship, etc)
-Tayes

Blaming Brenda
[Oct 16, 2016 9:41:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

- 1 fam, 3 ships, 3 pets, 10 trinkets (for example) and then a tax if you wanted to bring more (ex: $20USD per familiar, $5USD per extra ship, etc)

That's an invitation for alt abuse.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Oct 16, 2016 1:15:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jamesmorgans

Like alt bashing?

They don't punish that.
[Oct 18, 2016 5:40:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ghostbeardz1

Yarr harr!

While there will surely be many days to come where us here pirates will keep up these spirited debates about which course our ship should take in the years to come, I would still like to take a moment to raise a goblet to thank all of our hearties over in Grey Havens for bringing us all o' these fun & jaunty Greedy Brigands for us to cross our swords with.

From the greedy purses we pirates be eagerly opening together, or the tasty lobsters we get to chase aboard our pilly ships, to the excitement of searching feverishly for the magic sword block to land that special strike to knock loose the greedy treasure, these first few weeks have been quite magical to be a part of. It has truly brought joy to my old ghostly heart to see all of the different friendly welcoming pillage ships popping up on our notice board each day.

Yarr, while there will surely be challenges which us pirates will always be facing during our journeys, it still has been good to enjoy fun moments fighting with friends for greedy trinkets these past few weeks.

Much thanks for bringing these greedy rascals to our oceans.
Ghostbeards of Emerald
Senior Officer of The Royal United Navy
[Oct 18, 2016 1:33:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tayes

Unless anything transferred over is non-tradable as suggested above.
-Tayes

Blaming Brenda
[Oct 18, 2016 6:11:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 67   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates