• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 1082
Posts: 1082   Pages: 37   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 407052 times and has 1081 replies Next Thread
budclare2

Re: Trophy Speculation and Discussion: Part 4 Reply to this Post

Early indications seem to me that Handful/Cloth Scrap/Poker seem to be general strikes for both barbs and brigs, while Blackjack and Gold tooth seem to be for barbs and brigs only respectively.

Probably obvious , but you don't have to knock the treasure loss to be awarded credit for the trophies.

One of those I didn't do anything for. The cloth scrap, I think. Didn't get a chance to attack one at all that first fray. The only one I'm sure I did anything for was the poker. That was the only one that I got just after one of my attacks.
----------------------------------------
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Sep 28, 2016 7:34:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Early indications seem to me that Handful/Cloth Scrap/Poker seem to be general strikes for both barbs and brigs, while Blackjack and Gold tooth seem to be for barbs and brigs only respectively.

Probably obvious , but you don't have to knock the treasure loss to be awarded credit for the trophies.

One of those I didn't do anything for. The cloth scrap, I think. Didn't get a chance to attack one at all that first fray. The only one I'm sure I did anything for was the poker. That was the only one that I got just after one of my attacks.

If it's like it was on Ice, there are (at least) three different trophy progressions.

1) Being on a ship while X number of chests are knocked loose. (Greedy Handful was 5 of these on Ice)
2) Sending X blocks worth of appropriately-colored swordfight blocks to Greedy brigands (Greedy Poker).
3) Sending X balls worth of appropriately-colored rumble balls to Greedy barbarians (Emerald Blackjack).

There was mention of a fourth progression, and I believe Gold Tooth falls in that progression, but I do not know what that one is. My guess would be X number of greedy brigs/barbs (or ships containing brigs/barbs) encountered. I believe Cloth Scrap falls into this category, since I stopped playing on Ice after the fourth progression was added, and I don't have this one.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by jlh0605 at Sep 28, 2016 7:50:14 PM]
[Sep 28, 2016 7:46:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Yeah, one of them I got after someone else got a chest, but at least one wasn't after anyone got treasure and when I hadn't done anything.

I meant to save my chatlog, but I was so frustrated that I suffered through a hellishly long pillage (skipping dinner in the process) just so I could see my very first lavish chest divvy...only to have every single person on the ship get nothing but poe. (No, I didn't ragelog, just exhaustionlog. But it did seriously suck.)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Sep 28, 2016 8:00:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

First short pilly I did on Cerulean, only had 6 lockers - all trinkets.
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Sep 28, 2016 8:07:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

If it's like it was on Ice, there are (at least) three different trophy progressions.

1) Being on a ship while X number of chests are knocked loose. (Greedy Handful was 5 of these on Ice)
2) Sending X blocks worth of appropriately-colored swordfight blocks to Greedy brigands (Greedy Poker).
3) Sending X balls worth of appropriately-colored rumble balls to Greedy barbarians (Emerald Blackjack).

There was mention of a fourth progression, and I believe Gold Tooth falls in that progression, but I do not know what that one is. My guess would be X number of greedy brigs/barbs (or ships containing brigs/barbs) encountered. I believe Cloth Scrap falls into this category, since I stopped playing on Ice after the fourth progression was added, and I don't have this one.

Aye, I've confirmed five chests collected aboard ship for Greedy Handful!
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Sep 29, 2016 4:14:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

I am willing to make the changes to the wiki page showing the trophy progressions, requirements, etc., but I really want to make sure that I'm correct about them.

For now, I'll update the wiki with the 5 battles, since that's been confirmed, but let's not forget to mark stuff here!

I'll be keeping track of battles as well as I can on my main pirate.

Edit to add: Greedy Pile (my guess is 2nd tier total chests won). Imrans of Emerald has it, I'll upload.
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Edit 1 times, last edit by jlh0605 at Sep 29, 2016 9:18:13 AM]
[Sep 29, 2016 9:08:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

I am willing to make the changes to the wiki page showing the trophy progressions, requirements, etc., but I really want to make sure that I'm correct about them.

For now, I'll update the wiki with the 5 battles, since that's been confirmed, but let's not forget to mark stuff here!

Wait, five battles? For what Trophy? What I was confirming was Greedy Handful being awarded for 5 Lockers collected aboard a ship while you're aboard.
[Sep 29, 2016 9:09:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Wait, five battles? For what Trophy? What I was confirming was Greedy Handful being awarded for 5 Lockers collected aboard a ship while you're aboard.

Correction: 5 lockers. That's what I meant, but not what I said. My bad.
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Sep 29, 2016 9:32:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Correction: 5 lockers. That's what I meant, but not what I said. My bad.

Yeah, I figured when I saw the update on YPPedia, lol. No worries.
[Sep 29, 2016 9:33:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

About Gold Cloth Scrap.
I got it during a fray when:
1) I was already knocked out
2) I had previously sent a small strike to a greedy barbarian
3) I did not knock the barbarian's treasure loose, nor did I kill it
4) All two greedy barbarians aboard had already had their treasure knocked loose by other pirates (the second of which gave me Greedy Handful trophy)
5) A barbarian, who previously had his treasure taken, was knocked out.

I am changing my guess for this fourth type of trophy to be "Be aboard a ship when X Greedy Brigands/barbarians are knocked out." It is a shipwide trophy (because of #1), and it is not directly related to knocking chests loose (gap between #4 and #5).

Edit: I think Gold Tooth and Gold Tooth n' Patch are 2nd and 3rd tiers of this one.

Edit again: I count exactly 40 Lavish Lockers won for Greedy Pile.
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Edit 2 times, last edit by jlh0605 at Sep 29, 2016 4:47:45 PM]
[Sep 29, 2016 11:23:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

I am changing my guess for this fourth type of trophy to be "Be aboard a ship when X Greedy Brigands/barbarians are knocked out." It is a shipwide trophy (because of #1), and it is not directly related to knocking chests loose (gap between #4 and #5).

Edit: I think Gold Tooth and Gold Tooth n' Patch are 2nd and 3rd tiers of this one.

That's definitely plausible. Nice catch. :)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Sep 29, 2016 5:27:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crazymg

I have a trophy not yet on the Yppedia Greedy Lunger. I won it after sending a strike in sf that knocked treasure loose assuming it to be the 2nd tier of the greedy poker but I haven't been counting anything to help with exact amounts.
~Princessmg~
[Sep 29, 2016 5:35:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

I have a trophy not yet on the Yppedia Greedy Lunger. I won it after sending a strike in sf that knocked treasure loose assuming it to be the 2nd tier of the greedy poker but I haven't been counting anything to help with exact amounts.

Very well done!

Added.
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Sep 29, 2016 5:59:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
gagund

About Gold Cloth Scrap.
I got it during a fray when:
1) I was already knocked out
2) I had previously sent a small strike to a greedy barbarian
3) I did not knock the barbarian's treasure loose, nor did I kill it
4) All two greedy barbarians aboard had already had their treasure knocked loose by other pirates (the second of which gave me Greedy Handful trophy)
5) A barbarian, who previously had his treasure taken, was knocked out.

Edit again: I count exactly 40 Lavish Lockers won for Greedy Pile.

Looking at my chatlogs, i got both Gold Scrap and Gold Tooth when knocking out bots that weren't previously greedy bots.

My guess would be "Be aboard a ship with Greedies when X bots are knocked out"
I counted 11 bots killed for Gold Cloth and 77 for Gold Tooth.
EDIT: Just tried with an alt and i got it after 5 bots using this theory... probably not it.

I agree with your other 3 progressions so if you want to edit the yppedia i'd fully support that.

EDIT: I counted 50 Lavish Lockers for Greedy Pile...
Edit2: I also counted 5 strikes for Greedy Poker. I can imagine it would also be 5 rumble strikes for Emerald Blackjack
-Gagundss
[Edit 2 times, last edit by gagund at Sep 29, 2016 7:20:16 PM]
[Sep 29, 2016 6:48:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
midogtegan

I got a new trophy which is not on the trophy page as well, Greedy Heap.
Logalog-east of emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by midogtegan at Sep 29, 2016 7:39:06 PM]
[Sep 29, 2016 7:37:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gagund

Ruby Gaff is 2nd tier of rumble strikes
-Gagundss
[Sep 29, 2016 10:08:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

gagund wrote: 
Looking at my chatlogs, i got both Gold Scrap and Gold Tooth when knocking out bots that weren't previously greedy bots.

My guess would be "Be aboard a ship with Greedies when X bots are knocked out"
I counted 11 bots killed for Gold Cloth and 77 for Gold Tooth.
EDIT: Just tried with an alt and i got it after 5 bots using this theory... probably not it.
Your guess is as good as mine on that one, and seems logical. I think there's some detail here we're missing.

gagund wrote: 
I agree with your other 3 progressions so if you want to edit the yppedia i'd fully support that.
I have done that now. If someone disagrees with how I've grouped them, by all means, let's discuss it and fix it.

gagund wrote: 
I searched through my chatlog, from the time I started greedies on my main to the time I got the trophy. I counted the number of times I saw any one of three messages in my chat log. How many different messages are there for when a strike is delivered? Did I miss a type? 50 sounds more accurate to me, but I did count exactly 40. (I don't currently have access to that chat log, I can check in the next few days).

gagund wrote: 
Edit2: I also counted 5 strikes for Greedy Poker. I can imagine it would also be 5 rumble strikes for Emerald Blackjack
Sounds reasonable to me, if we get confirmation, I'll add it.

Regarding Ruby Gaff and Greedy Heap, thanks for the information, they've both been added. Well done!
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Sep 29, 2016 11:26:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

I logged in today for my monthly "Earn the seal and come back next month" game day and after getting September's seal I decided to re-organize my trophies. I noticed that I have one, the "Choco Skull" that I don't remember what I got it for, nor can I find it on the YPPedia. Any help?

Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fiddler at Sep 30, 2016 12:26:59 AM]
[Sep 30, 2016 12:25:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
Crazymg

I logged in today for my monthly "Earn the seal and come back next month" game day and after getting September's seal I decided to re-organize my trophies. I noticed that I have one, the "Choco Skull" that I don't remember what I got it for, nor can I find it on the YPPedia. Any help?

Most likely from the recent chocolate boxes promotion?
~Princessmg~
[Sep 30, 2016 12:33:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

I thought the Gold scrap etc were possibly related to knocking out a greedy with a relevant item of bling on them e.g. gold tooth for any wearing gold teeth etc.
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Sep 30, 2016 3:53:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gagund

gagund wrote: 
I searched through my chatlog, from the time I started greedies on my main to the time I got the trophy. I counted the number of times I saw any one of three messages in my chat log. How many different messages are there for when a strike is delivered? Did I miss a type? 50 sounds more accurate to me, but I did count exactly 40. (I don't currently have access to that chat log, I can check in the next few days).

When i filtered, i was looking for the words treasure and loot, but now i see that looking for the 2nd action verb is easier.

I counted 4: swings, executes, performs, and delivers.

You said you were counting 3 messages so perhaps you missed one of them?
-Gagundss
[Sep 30, 2016 8:15:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gagund

I thought the Gold scrap etc were possibly related to knocking out a greedy with a relevant item of bling on them e.g. gold tooth for any wearing gold teeth etc.

This can't be it because i've been testing on different alts and i got the trophy on one of them when a regular bot from the get go was knocked out
-Gagundss
[Sep 30, 2016 8:19:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

gagund wrote: 
When i filtered, i was looking for the words treasure and loot, but now i see that looking for the 2nd action verb is easier.

Yup, I missed one. I'll look into that this weekend, give my updated count. If it's 50, then we're good!
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Sep 30, 2016 8:47:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

gagund wrote: 

Yup, I missed one. I'll look into that this weekend, give my updated count. If it's 50, then we're good!

I already got the Greedy Pile on my 50th Locker on Cerulean last night, lol.
Go here. --> Greedy Pile Trophy located near the bottom
[Sep 30, 2016 9:05:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stefania_33

Greedy Heap ....can not estimate as i did not pay attention

http://emerald.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/trophy/?pirate=Shooshy
Shooshy
(Sage) Emerald Ocean

"Cei ce stapanesc pe altii sunt puternici. Cei ce se stapanesc pe ei insisi au adevarata putere" Lao Tzu
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stefania_33 at Sep 30, 2016 12:56:08 PM]
[Sep 30, 2016 12:52:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Whoops! I was out of town when the choco boxes were first released, and scrambling to catch up when I got back.

Thanks. :)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Sep 30, 2016 2:38:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

Whoops! I was out of town when the choco boxes were first released, and scrambling to catch up when I got back.

Thanks. :)

I kind of figured it was a promotional trophy, but couldn't be sure. Glad I can still be of some use to the wiki.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Sep 30, 2016 7:27:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
midogtegan

Got another new trophy, Hijacked Jewelry
Logalog-east of emerald
[Sep 30, 2016 9:28:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

is that the 4th for lockers won? i mean, "when did you get it?". not ruling out that they've come up with new things compared to ice.
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by saintdiana at Oct 1, 2016 1:50:30 AM]
[Oct 1, 2016 1:49:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
midogtegan

is that the 4th for lockers won? i mean, "when did you get it?". not ruling out that they've come up with new things compared to ice.

I believe I got in mid battle. It's probably not the 4th for lockers since it doesn't follow the "Greedy X" pattern. It's probably related to the Gold Tooth or Gold Tooth n' Patch trophies.
Logalog-east of emerald
[Oct 1, 2016 12:01:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1082   Pages: 37   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates