• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 15
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8868 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
Scoutrider9

Dead Game? Reply to this Post

Is Cerulean just dead? I came back to this game this week after playing off and on for about five years. I knew the game had been declining but this seems just pitiful. Most of the time there's no one doing any events, only the odd pillage, and no parlor games except maybe a rumble or sf. What happened?
----------------------------------------
Scoutrider
[Jul 16, 2016 4:23:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yerep

Re: Dead Game? Reply to this Post

We are active! Come hearty me and others! I can even sub you so you can see how the game is on this ocean!

- Papa.
[Jul 17, 2016 12:31:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arakael

It was unusually low-tide this weekend, but there's been blockades almost every weekend for months.
Arakael on Cerulean
Captain of the Bilge Rat Rabble
"Infesting Cerulean until it sinks!"
[Jul 17, 2016 4:16:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Happyboy223

same i thought I've haven't played this game for about 5 years as well haven't seen many mates on since those years back.
HAVE A HAPPY ADVENTURE YAR!!!!!

"work like a captain, play like a pirate"
[Jul 18, 2016 4:24:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Scoutrider9

Oh, I've been and am a subscriber. Captain'd a crew at one point, never got around to participating much in blockies but I tried to get in on lots of SMHs. Sadly I was never the best at puzzles but I have a lot of good memories in this game.
Scoutrider
[Jul 19, 2016 11:55:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Momma_Wolf

Monday, noon game time, come pillage with us on a big ship! Brig - or bigger, if we have enough people.

Hearty me, join the crew .. join the fun that is Monday Madness! Everyone is welcome!

Cerulean is NOT dead, nor will it be as long as I am breathing. I've been playing here (or Midnight, before the merge) over 10 years, just about daily, and I will KEEP playing till the plug on the server is pulled.
Mommawolf, lurking on most oceans
Captain, Blackwolf Marauders of Midnight, now Cerulean
Queen, Victory Raiders of Midnight, now Cerulean

cmdrzoom said:

Anyone may demand answers of the gods.
Getting them is another matter.

[Jul 28, 2016 8:52:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

And I'll be blockading until the lights go off.
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[Jul 29, 2016 4:29:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Seaspirit8

Same thing for me, i started on Midnight 9 years ago, not been active for a few years now but thought i would sub for a week to test the waters and maybe get started on memming some of the new routes from the merge to ease my way back into a game.
My week is almost up and it's been an eerie quiet wake up call!

Almost all my old hearties are dormant, Many of the old flags i remember are running on empty, the inns are empty, I've not seen one pilly on the noticeboard all week. Just the same solitary Forage offer! Ive been whisking around the Islands like a nutter trying to remember which markets sell what and in that time I've bumped into only 2 players!

I cant believe it! What happened to the Alpha dock circles? The flotillas, the zombies and skellies that we used to have to rush to get to before all the places were gone? Now they stand around waiting for pirates that never come! The tables are empty, along with many of the ship supply shoppes & stalls over on the Cobalt side of the ocean (trying to get rum for memming was a logistical nightmare). Gems sit rotting away in the market! I cant get over how much things have changed! It's heart breaking!

I thought i would console myself by entering a tourney tonight! partly because i was excited that an actual announcement popped up on my screen! (there is life out there) and mainly because i was never quite good enough to win a fam back in the day, so thought this would be my chance, less players = Win!...

But nope, got slaughtered, by the remaining old salt elites as always lol. It's almost comforting to know some things never change and was great to actually interact with some living pirates again!

With 1 day left on my sub, it's hard to know what to do. Do i close my puzzle pirates chapter for ever. Or do i stay and try and do what i can to help change things. I would love to think that there is something i could do and that the opportunity to recruit new players and build a crew like the old days was still there. But realistically with so many old hearties gone and with the ocean the way it is now, it's not a very promising prospect.

One thing about this week that has come back to haunt me, is just how much i love this game! I've played and become deeply immersed in various other games over the years, since i stopped playing puzzle pirates, some had more up to date "grown up" graphics and others had easier difficulty curves. But nowhere will you ever find a better sense of community spirit, freedom or challenge than we had in this game!
Seaspirit on Cerulean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Seaspirit8 at Jul 29, 2016 9:53:49 PM]
[Jul 29, 2016 9:52:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xxdannyxx900

I don't post often, but here it goes, from the mouth of someone who has played this game for 10+ years (minus retirement time): first of all, I've continuously seen this thread talked about since coming out of retirement in April and using the forums more, so I feel a big obligation to spew about a couple things, I wanted to address that as well before getting to the meat and gravy.

Ok, SO... for you non-Emerald players, in case you haven't heard, since the game's severe decline in players in the past few years (right after the ocean merge happened), almost all players have moved to Emerald ocean and play for free, with the rest of the major population. It's just what happened, IMO, because of exactly what Seaspirit was describing, it's because to most logging in to a bunch of nothing kinda sucks.

Ahem, next, for those of you unaware of the MAJOR parts of why the game really really died here we go:

botting (particularly bilge botting)- there was a major ban across all oceans around 2012ish that banned a large chunk of the community when an auto-bilge program became way too popular. Buzz still goes around about botting all the time.

poker- self explanatory from jealousy of others getting rich from it,to people loosing everything they have, and it ALSO playing a huge role in the economy crashing.

the ocean merge: self explanatory, this was a huge wake up call to the community of the fact that the game was declining, and it frankly insulted some players as well, which led some to leave.

the decline of the population: again, pretty explanatory, talked about above ^

the community and a HUGE chunk of the kind of people that play the game: this is honestly the BIGGEST one for me, as I will always have this problem, hands down. Most of the people, particularly the ''important'' people (that run major flags, that are always first to reply to and see a forum post, and (sadly, but honestly) the elite puzzlers, exc.) are complete and total IGNORANT, mean, passive aggressive(no pun intended), self absorbed, inconsiderate ***insert bad word here... We play a pirate game, but let's cut the crap and be honest here for a second, it is VERY HARD to find someone who talks to people online the same way they would in real life, period. This must be talked about sooooo much more amongst ourselves. Especially being as small of a community as we've become, if we don't learn to treat eachother with some respeck, the game will loose it's last leg because I hear constantly from other players about how sick they are of all the downright vile people that play the game in the exact same way I myself have always hated it. Something has to change.

To conclude, the bright side is, considering that I play on Emerald and have for a while, the buzz that has been going around since I have come out of retirement has been very good IMO actually, I personally know quite a few people that have returned to the game since finding out about ownership changing to Grey Havens, also allot of changes that have been made to the game are very positive positive ones , again,IMO, like the new sea monster hunts, and the new pillage updates around the corner, as small examples. Overall, I think the game has allot of potential, with some work, time, and effort :D.
Candymandan of Emerald ocean
[Jul 29, 2016 11:04:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aligate

the community and a HUGE chunk of the kind of people that play the game: this is honestly the BIGGEST one for me, as I will always have this problem, hands down. Most of the people, particularly the ''important'' people (that run major flags, that are always first to reply to and see a forum post, and (sadly, but honestly) the elite puzzlers, exc.) are complete and total IGNORANT, mean, passive aggressive(no pun intended), self absorbed, inconsiderate ***insert bad word here... We play a pirate game, but let's cut the crap and be honest here for a second, it is VERY HARD to find someone who talks to people online the same way they would in real life, period. This must be talked about sooooo much more amongst ourselves. Especially being as small of a community as we've become, if we don't learn to treat eachother with some respeck, the game will loose it's last leg because I hear constantly from other players about how sick they are of all the downright vile people that play the game in the exact same way I myself have always hated it. Something has to change.

This doesn't sound like Cerulean. I'm guessing you're talking about Emerald.
Aristoza
Amateur Owl
Fourteen flag royalty chats, "just tell them to suck 14s nuts"

Avatar by the lovely and talented Cattrin
[Jul 30, 2016 10:06:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marie61

Several people have referred to returning from retirement. As I have mentioned once or twice, except for vacations, I have played, if not every day, at least several times a week and have a continuous string of monthly seals back to the first one in 2009. Everybody will always find things they especially like and others they dislike. To me, memmers in particular always seem very friendly and helpful.

In the "real" world there are people I find obnoxious and annoying as well as those I will treasure as friends forever and a large range of abilities and intelligence. For several years when dubs were cheap and I was on my memming craze (an Armillaria memmed every English speaking ocean and half finished Opal) I was able to doubscribe but I switched back to paying cash and feel I get my $50 worth. Thanks OOO and now GH for doing the best you can for a game you obviously love.
Armillaria on all oceans
SO Moose of Doom, Cerulean

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
[Jul 30, 2016 10:40:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dooku9

Yeah Emerald's more like that than Cerulean was that's why this ocean was more enjoyable throughout my "career" on the game. Seeing the ocean/game falling off a cliff is vedy vedy sad since I have all these nice big shipies that I'll never be able to fill again since I dislike running pillies on sloops. It's funny cause in my eyes I always thought that the dub oceans were too expensive poe wise since even though you wouldn't have to pay with your own money, (almost) every single item on a dub server made you pay a doubloon tax so you had to get more and more poe to transfer into dubs. Where as the sub ocean, you pay $10 a month for a subscription and don't have to spend as much poe. Guess more people can gather poe faster and better than others
Blackbeard(d)
Captain of Blackbeard's Infamous
King of Davy Jones' Locker

"--he showed me his Junk and I swear my pants were on a second ago!"
Join my crew and I on our Grandest of All Pilly! Info can be found in the Cerulean events
[Aug 2, 2016 7:20:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Foilistc

I would never want to pillage without filling a brig really. Sloops are fine, but for the money/time brig pillaging was always better. And it should have stayed better instead of being supplanted by Atlantis runs and other things that aren't at all pirate like.
I'm old. I don't look it but I'm beginning to feel it in my heart...
[Aug 6, 2016 11:44:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.carlknoch.com [Link]  Go to top 
kartossedai

Petition to have posts like these banned from being made. So tired of someone asking every month if the game is dead. -_-
~Parthenope on Cerulean~
[Aug 11, 2016 8:49:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
willmm

oh yeah thats awesome does that work for evryone telling that in game too?
get so sad of that
[Aug 12, 2016 12:35:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates