• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 23
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 17237 times and has 22 replies Next Thread
Remalle

Remalle makes a scene Reply to this Post

Sure, why not?
(Image heavy)

These are small scenes that I've created with the Narya Scene Editor, MS Paint, and Bushyness and Fuzzybeard's website/tool/thing Quid Pro Clothes. I've finished four so far, with two in progress and at least one still in the planning stages. Let me know if you want to see something specific and I'll see if I can make it happen.

This is the first one I made, an ugly thing called Fortress Mooring:

Not too happy with how it turned out, there could've been some cleaning up of some blurriness and excess lines, and I could've probably put in a few more soldiers and sailors. Oh well, it gets the idea across.

This next one is a variant on an idea I've had for a long time. The original might even still be around somewhere, I'm not sure. Those Below:

Significantly happier with this one. Maybe a bit busy with the skeletons and bones. I did quite a bit of work on the eyes here, but unfortunately the resizing and compression processes have made it a little hard to see.

Seaside Idyll:

I like this one. Originally there was a hermit but he's been taken out. There's also a little bit of a border that snuck in accidentally.

Drill Grounds:

The last piece I've completed. I wish there was a little more space for more soldiers but on the whole I'm satisfied with it.

More incoming, keep tuning in for updates.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Remalle at Oct 5, 2013 10:36:57 PM]
[Oct 4, 2013 7:09:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Remalle

Re: Remalle makes a scene Reply to this Post

Here's some more. And now I don't have any buffer.

Bustling Bazaar. This one's been in the works for a while, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Probably could have fit in a few more shoppers, but oh well.

The next one is Walled Garden. Differs slightly from the original idea, but it still turned out really well.

Why is there a crocodile in the pool? I don't know either.

Ancient Pool. This was the hardest to make and undoubtedly my favourite yet. Check it out:

I mean, look at it. It came out exactly as I envisioned it. Better, even. I'm giddy. Really, I mean it, look at me, I'm giddy.
[Oct 5, 2013 10:36:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Look awesome mate! Keep it up :D
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Oct 6, 2013 8:04:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Remalle

Here's a couple more.

Snow Day:

I'm pretty proud of the stone work in this one.

Foreign Port:

I like this one. Don't know why. It gave me an idea for another scene, too.
[Oct 17, 2013 8:13:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Remalle

Underground Tavern:

Nothing Halloween themed, unfortunately. Have this instead!
[Oct 31, 2013 7:03:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Remalle

Military Prison:

Man I love those left over Adventures props.

Barricade Battle:

Do you hear the people sing?
[Nov 10, 2013 6:50:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Barricade Battle:

Singing a song of angry men?
Love this!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Nov 11, 2013 5:49:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Barricade Battle:

Love this!

It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again!

The scene reminds me of the movie. Well done indeed.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Nov 11, 2013 8:59:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

Barricade Battle:

Love this!

It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again!

The scene reminds me of the movie. Well done indeed.

I've been enjoying seeing these little scenes! They brighten up my day heh I wish I could request one they are so cool! ;)
Tinycat on Cerulean
Kattzzy on Emerald
[Nov 13, 2013 12:28:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Remalle

Just in time for the holidays, here's a party at the Christmas Smith:

Everyone wears funny hats on Christmas around these parts.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Remalle at Dec 12, 2013 9:29:26 PM]
[Dec 12, 2013 9:28:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

Thanks for making these, they are fun!
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Dec 17, 2013 2:08:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Miley1

These are great! :D I wish that OOO would have show ships in port and make it match up. (Ex: If Admiral had 2 sloops on Monday it would show to sloops. 1 WF on Tuesday, it would only have the WF)
Emerald Ocean
I hate Kaltrina
Giamia says, "whats the cheapest familiar besides a rat"
Ladyhollie greeter chats, "the guy who does the shiny voice in treasure haul...is it the same one from the outback commercials
[Dec 18, 2013 11:48:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    AOL LOOOOOOOOOL    LOL? [Link]  Go to top 
Remalle

I`m back! Here`s the City Outskirts:

Shipwreck Salvage:

Besieged Fortress:

And finally, last but not least, we have the War Room:

That`s all for now, folks. Tune in soon for more.
[Jun 30, 2015 4:42:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

These are so super cool. :) I especially like the underwater one, but the level of detail and reality is fantastic in each.
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Jul 10, 2015 2:30:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Remalle

They say that deep in the badlands of the mainland one can find an oasis, and in the center, a Desert Monument:

The next set are the first few in a planned series of brigand king themed pieces. The first I made was Brynhild's Longhouse:

The next is the Pale Company of Barnabas:

Last one for now is Yu Jian's Jade Parlour:

Stay tuned for the rest of the Brigand King series!
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Remalle at Jul 22, 2015 5:51:21 PM]
[Jul 22, 2015 5:21:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Remalle

We begin this installment with a pleasant walk along the Garden Path:

Continuing the brigand king theme, we have Vargas the Mad`s ride, the Chaos Boat:

Last image for today is Gretchen`s personal treasure stash, located on scenic Goldfang Island:

Stay tuned for the thrilling conclusion to the brigand king series.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Remalle at Jul 27, 2015 1:42:46 AM]
[Jul 26, 2015 10:10:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Remalle

Sorry about the wait, true believers. Real genius can't be rushed. Rounding out the brigand king series we have the Spider's Lair:

Facing off against a mysterious crew of rival pirates, Azarbad makes his Last Stand:

Admiral Finius calls his fellow lords of the sea to gather in his Imperial Gallery, discussing alliance, perhaps, or possibly war:

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Remalle at Aug 17, 2015 4:36:55 PM]
[Aug 17, 2015 4:35:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Remalle

Here come a bunch more, all made just in time to procrastinate on studying for finals. I experimented with some advanced image editing techniques on these (read: I flipped some of them to see if they'd look better).

Emerging from the thickest jungle, you might find yourself enjoying the warm sands of a Beach Party:

This was the first scene I made in many months. I was mostly inspired by the addition of a bunch of new props in the scene editor (the punch bowl, the mermaid pool, and the tiki stuff in particular).

As you return home, you had best watch your step lest you find yourself in a shady Back Alley:

This was a lot of fun to make. It kind of emerged outward from the Victorian lamppost prop, which put in my mind the kind of narrow alleys and oppressive building facades you see here.

The next image in the series is Cliffside Retreat, a portrait of two lovers secluded from the world, living off the land and in each other:

This scene is missing some of the verticality I was hoping to show but gets the point across pretty well regardless.

The Grand Stage is the ultimate goal for many an aspiring musician. If you're lucky, the king and queen themselves may attend your concert:

It took me a while to figure out how to properly give the illusion of two levels of floor but I'm pretty happy with how this turns out.

In a secret corner of a magical wood is a Witch Hut:

I am so happy with the barn doors leading to the outside and the small side room I managed to incorporate in the wall structure here.

If you are looking for a good place to educate your children, there is really no better option than the Imperial Academy:

This piece was secretly inspired by the various schools found throughout the Pokemon games, mainly in table layout.

The sea is a dangerous place. Many ships and lives are lost, never to be heard of again. Particularly dangerous routes and currents acquire reputations as places of death and destruction, locations such as the Ship Graveyard:

I am very pleased with how this scene turned out. Not much else to say about it other than how happy I am.

I am out for now, so until next time, this has been Remalle making a scene.
[Apr 11, 2016 4:48:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joondashbug

Beautiful work, these are really enjoyable. How fun it would be to have a beach pool party or a grand theater inn in game!
Good luck on yer finals!
Forum avatar by Cattrin
Frost from Emerald Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Joondashbug at Apr 11, 2016 9:19:59 PM]
[Apr 11, 2016 9:17:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Love this!
Could you do like a shopping spree one? :P
Bisca - Emerald & Obsidian

Avvy by: Jellyx
[Apr 12, 2016 4:24:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

I really hope that some day, there is a way for these sorts of scenes to make it into the game (on a read-only basis, of course). It would be awesome to actually walk around and explore these amazing scenes!
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Apr 12, 2016 7:21:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

I wish I could borrow's Hera's thumbs up button.
I love all of these-- please keep doing them (after you finish studying!)
Dexla d'Midnight
[Apr 12, 2016 8:50:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Remalle

Another batch cooked up for you all. Not much to say about these, so enjoy!

Sunken Castle:

Hunting Club:

Garden Ceremony:

Construction Site:

Boarding House:

[May 19, 2016 1:21:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates