• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 1081
Posts: 1081   Pages: 37   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 395477 times and has 1080 replies Next Thread
ryujinpp

Re: Diamond Ships Reply to this Post

great find indeed!
images uploaded and yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Trophy updated
----------------------------------------
Galene tells ye, "I reserve the right to not deliver prizes to you anymore in the future :P"
Galene tells ye, "You crashed me 6 times!"

Ryujin on all oceans
[Jan 7, 2014 9:47:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/PuzzlePirates [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

Spires Reply to this Post

Can the third tier of token trophies be updated? I think a few people have counted each individual token with using duty report screenshots to verify the correct number of tokens. While the number seems common knowledge in game, it bothers my OCD for the yppedia to have "unknown" beneath a trophy.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Edit 1 times, last edit by EmpressTamar at Jan 7, 2014 10:59:19 PM]
[Jan 7, 2014 10:58:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Jinxed idol Reply to this Post

ok, jinxed idol time.

I misclicked when logging in and selected an unused alt Forth on Ice and was awarded the jinxed idol.

The alt has completely novice/able stats.

The alt has four trophies, 3 jolly rogers and the jinxed idol.

The alt's starter clothes/foil are still new.

The entire chat log since the alt was create is:

====== 2010/05/12 ======
[18:41:46] Fit Connor has come aboard.
[18:41:46] Fit Connor says, "Ahh, the fresh sea air..."
[18:41:56] Lisp has offered ye a temporary jobbing position with 'Outcasts'.
[18:41:59] Ye accepted the offer to job with 'Outcasts'.
[18:42:43] Ye knock on the door to Outcasts's Fine Crew Hall.
[18:43:02] Lisp lets you into Outcasts's Fine Crew Hall.
====== 2010/05/12 ======
[18:57:21] Simula has offered ye a temporary jobbing position with 'Rogues'.
[18:57:23] Ye accepted the offer to job with 'Rogues'.
[18:57:27] Ye have been invited to join 'Rogues' as a full member.
[18:57:27] Forth has been invited to join 'Rogues' as a full member.
[18:57:29] Ye are now ranked Cabin Person in yer crew.
[18:57:29] Ye accepted the invitation to join 'Rogues'.
====== 2010/06/15 ======
[09:25:30] Yer crew member Simula has logged on.
====== 2011/01/28 ======
====== 2013/08/21 ======
[16:19:12] Ye have been awarded the First Order of the Jolly Roger!
[16:19:12] Ye have been awarded the Second Order of the Jolly Roger!
[16:19:12] Ye have been awarded the Third Order of the Jolly Roger!
====== 2013/08/21 ======
====== 2014/01/8 ======
====== 2014/01/20 ======
[19:34:20] Ye have been awarded the Jinxed Idol!
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 20, 2014 4:45:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Re: Jinxed idol Reply to this Post

I received mine on Ice on January 16... chat unavailable due to log snafu. My activity on Ice has been pretty much testing the PPX client, getting frustrated and ragequitting a lot.
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at Jan 20, 2014 4:54:15 PM]
[Jan 20, 2014 4:53:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

I received mine on Ice on January 16... chat unavailable due to log snafu. My activity on Ice has been pretty much testing the PPX client, getting frustrated and ragequitting a lot.

Yeah, my Forth alt has been almost exclusively for testing too.

2010-05-12 - release of pirate halls.
2010-06-15 - katana/dadao testing
2011-01-28 dunno, may have misclicked
2013-08-21 extra swabbie testing
2014-01-08 PPX testing

I do most of my testing on my main, so I probably just did a few very simple tests with Forth. Seeing who could get into a pirate hall, it doesn't appear that I ever even SF'ed with the katana/dadao so I may have just been looking at drop patterns. the extra swabbies I was trying to fill a ship, but I don't see a going aboard message.

my point is that this alt has done almost nothing for many years, not even being logged on.

edit: hmmm... the PPX client didn't (still doesn't?) record anything in the chat log, so I may be missing stuff from the 2014-01-08 session
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wrs1864b at Jan 20, 2014 5:25:15 PM]
[Jan 20, 2014 5:23:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

the next time this happens on any given alt, could the recipient test ninty's baton theory? have someone without the idol go to and log off at mini or yorrick or whichever empty island you like, do the same, then ask them to re-log.
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by saintdiana at Jan 20, 2014 8:36:44 PM]
[Jan 20, 2014 8:35:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

I've already tested this using two alts on my own computer. Guess it's possible there's measures in place to prevent that?
[Jan 20, 2014 10:48:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

same here, which is why i said "someone". even if it doesn't work, both cases could be in fact valid given a condition we haven't taken into account (maybe the baton needs a rest ;p). several of my alts got the idol right after a reboot, right on the same island they'd logged on to a few minutes before - that could come into play.
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Jan 21, 2014 11:00:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Distructible

Diamond fanchuan here: http://meridian.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/trophy/?pirate=Grumbles
Masters on Emerald.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Distructible at Jan 28, 2014 1:28:55 PM]
[Jan 28, 2014 1:28:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bellahdonna

I got the Jinxed Idol last night sometime between 11:30pm - 11:45pm EST (I didn't realize I should have looked at the clock until after I looked up what the trophy was for).

My guesses... if it's awarded at log in, then it should be based on something you did in your previous session, so that it sets you up to trigger the trophy then next time you log in.

What I remember doing:

- Fighting a group of zombies on Lima where the humans lost multiple rounds before finally besting them.

- Had my first portrait backgrounds show up in-game, and hosted a drinking tournament to celebrate that fact.

- Had two portraits done back to back with the above mentioned backgrounds.

Other than that, I didn't do anything else out of the ordinary.

Twilah on Meridian
[Feb 6, 2014 10:25:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bantiarna

In regards to the Jinxed Idol, I just got it at my current log in. In my previous log in I sold a chart for a CI pilly. Has that mattered to anyone else? Could be randomly after you sell one?
[Feb 17, 2014 4:33:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deborah

Re: icy blades Reply to this Post

I accidentally had chat logging turned off. I got "Icy Blades". I don't know what for. I assume it's some kind of promo thingy? "Congrats you are subbed for another month, here's a trophy" kind of thing?

Also recently got Jinxed Idol on login. During my prior session I checked the status of a bunch of bids, lost during a rumble tourney, visited a few shops to price swords. Not much happened.

--madmarymeade on cerulean
Hermes says, "At any rate, I'm afraid I'll have to cede to your blockade, ladies. Business calls."
Madmarymeade says, "I think this means Rexe-Mary 2, OMs 0?"
Hermes says, "We go down easily."
[Feb 18, 2014 9:13:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

Also recently got Jinxed Idol on login. During my prior session I checked the status of a bunch of bids, lost during a rumble tourney, visited a few shops to price swords. Not much happened.

As silly as it may seem... that's the only thing I've noticed in common with most of the Jinxed Idols awarded. I got one on Ice back in May, my previous login was only a few minutes long. I wandered around some islands, did a BS puzzle, ie. nothing much. Although the trophy I got on Emerald was different. I logged off around 23:00 after MAAing a cit run. I logged back on under two hours later and was awarded the trophy. It seems to always be awarded on the first login of the day, unless I've missed something.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Feb 18, 2014 10:20:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

the icy blades is for the latest ice blue promotion, and like all such trophies it's awarded when you hit Claim on the reward. as for the jinxed idle(sic) talk, "nothing much" is even more than necessary. at one time i received it following being online for 2min previous to reboot, looking at the NB. you'll notice that's nothing at all, and reboots aren't at midnight (2pm in my timezone), so it's not first login of the day either. we're waiting for someone to successfully test the baton theory.
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Feb 18, 2014 11:44:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deborah

I've personally thought jinxed idol was related to some kind of stat decay. ex: you earn some stat and while you were logged off, someone edges you out of it. No real way for me to be able to test this theory and it's as good as any other...

hard to remember to screenie your stats every time you log off.
Hermes says, "At any rate, I'm afraid I'll have to cede to your blockade, ladies. Business calls."
[Feb 19, 2014 9:49:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

Re: Trophy Speculation and Discussion: Part 4 Reply to this Post

alrighty - am I in the right thread yet? the requirements for the Oyster trophy seem pretty well established but with the release of 2013-12-17 which automatically returns everybody to the ship when the last person finishes foraging, how can anybody get it if they have no time to explore the island to look for a grave to click on?
Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Sell me your ink! any Cerulean island 500/unit

Yer daily horoscope reads: Investing in insane dogs will result in good health

Ohiya says, "By the way how many curly toads does it take to make curly toad slippers
[Mar 7, 2014 9:13:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bellahdonna

All right, how about the Green Jack. Is that related to a spring promotion? I got it yesterday and can't find any info on it anywhere.

Twilah on Meridian
[Mar 8, 2014 6:03:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

That one is for claiming a Spring Green mystery box during this current month (March 2014). I've updated the wiki to reflect this.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by jlh0605 at Mar 10, 2014 10:46:51 AM]
[Mar 10, 2014 9:21:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Sculie

Just adding to the Jinxed Idol postings.

I logged on today, 3/25/14, at about 8:23 P.M. Eastern time (U.S.) and received the Jinxed Idol. Last time I logged on, I did nothing unusual except hop on a crewmate's Atlantean war frig. I exchanged some poe for doubloons as well. I didn't puzzle. I didn't labor. I didn't sell anything. I don't have any spectacular stats. My pirate is at least two years old (I have two Jolly Rogers), an officer in a crew, and really nothing else special.

I rarely disconnect, even when everyone else does (responding to the first few comments that listed that as a possible trigger).

Don't know if this helps at all.
[Mar 25, 2014 5:30:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Ah, phooey. I completely forgot to celebrate the Jinxed Idol's sixth birthday...
[Mar 26, 2014 2:55:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

Ah, phooey. I completely forgot to celebrate the Jinxed Idol's sixth birthday...

You have too much time
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[Mar 26, 2014 2:52:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OdensVrede

number of leagues sailed Reply to this Post

How can we be sure that there's 4 trophies? (according to the wiki page there's slots for 4 trophies with the last one named ''no trophy known'')

Would not the last one turned up by now if it is 4 of them?
Lucipurr on emerald
[Mar 28, 2014 1:34:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Re: number of leagues sailed Reply to this Post

How can we be sure that there's 4 trophies? (according to the wiki page there's slots for 4 trophies with the last one named ''no trophy known'')

Would not the last one turned up by now if it is 4 of them?

Considering the number of leagues some people have sailed, that's a fair point. However, since it does say that we don't know whether there's a trophy, I don't see the need to change it...
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Edit 1 times, last edit by jlh0605 at Mar 28, 2014 2:19:47 PM]
[Mar 28, 2014 2:19:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Re: number of leagues sailed Reply to this Post

It could be an obscenely large number of leagues, and we've only had eight months to work at it, but yeah, it doesn't really seem to be a sensible assumption. If it was part of a larger table which had space for four trophies, I'd leave it, but since it's on its own, there's not really much point in leaving it there.

Mind you, a fourth-tier trophy will turn up the moment I delete the cell. =P
[Mar 28, 2014 2:32:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deborah

Re: Bashed Shield Reply to this Post

For viking expos, are we sure 200 is the Bashed Shield?

I have over 200 viking expos completed, and no trophy.

--m3
[Apr 2, 2014 3:27:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
poiema

Methinks there should be a separate "Jinxed Idol Speculation and Discussion" thread just to keep all that consolidated in a single thread without being interlaced with all the other speculation.

i got one of these today. and i have none of the supposed triggers. ah well. me thinks it's exactly what it says it is...a trophy for those of us lucky enough to be jinxed...
poiema

avatar courtesy of calvin because everyone dreams of being a pirate...
[May 22, 2014 1:46:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kartossedai

I just got the Jinxed Idol after logging onto Ice for the second time ever. It also came with all my year trophies, which I'm not sure why I didn't already have on that account, since I got quite a few. Pirate in question
I had just downloaded the client as I have a newer computer, so I don't know if that has any bearing on it or not. I'm starting to wonder if the lack of log ins on the ocean has anything to do with it, as there is nobody else on right now.
~Parthenope on Cerulean~
[May 31, 2014 6:24:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

I just got the Jinxed Idol after logging onto Ice for the second time ever

This is similar to my ice alt getting a jinxed idol, only I had logged on 8 times total. But, I had done almost nothing with the alt, other than standing on boats, looking at drop patterns of new swords, etc., so I think almost all the theoretical triggers need to be ruled out.

Obviously, you have to log on to get it.

If there is some other requirement, it isn't related to the pirate, but it could be something to do with the number of pirates on the system, or the number of pirates who have logged on since the last jinx idol was awarded, or something.
[May 31, 2014 6:58:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
celestfury

Obviously, you have to log on to get it.

Unless you just mean to claim it, has this actually been established? Theoretically there could be a 'pirate lottery' and we all have tickets, making it more like the Order of the Jolly Roger trophies - you don't have to be online or active to get them.
~~ Carsomyr ~~
Senior Officer of Bootleg Bandits on Meridian
Senior Officer of Crew Snag Answer C on Emerald
( ^ - ^ )/~~~~~@
[May 31, 2014 8:17:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

I recently saw a trophy in-game titled something along the lines of "Banana King". I suspect it was for claiming a box in the recent banana promotion, but as I was unable to during that time, I can't confirm for myself. Can anyone else shed light on this?
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Jun 2, 2014 10:00:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1081   Pages: 37   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates