• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1748 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Franklincain

broken template? Reply to this Post

Ref.: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Template_talk:LE_box_Trinket_basic_paragraph

Not certain if error cited is in template for LE box trinkets or in "parent" template for all trinkets.

Need for someone with better expertise with wiki-code's If-Then logic to investigate this, please...

Thanks!
Franklin
----------------------------------------
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Oct 4, 2013 9:59:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Re: broken template? Reply to this Post

Ref.: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Template_talk:LE_box_Trinket_basic_paragraph

Not certain if error cited is in template for LE box trinkets or in "parent" template for all trinkets.

Need for someone with better expertise with wiki-code's If-Then logic to investigate this, please...

Thanks!
Franklin

I'm aware this is no help whatsoever and that it is a long shot, but does it have something to do with this (and what lead into that and anything related to it anyway)?
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Oct 4, 2013 10:53:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Very astute, Sizzly. I believe this problem and the problem you linked to are entirely related.

However, I do not have the time now to work on that... my YPPedia time is severely limited by work, school, and family life now... shame that a pirate has to have a 'real' life. It's especially ironic when I met my real-life sweetheart in the 'pirate life', not the 'real' one.

The if/else logic (and, by extension, switch statement logic) isn't hard for anybody to understand, for a single case. All programming can be summarized as making big problems small, and solving those. However, when the documentation (and spacing) of these logical statements are lacking, it can be very hard to read, edit, and extend. We have a few wiki users like Piripuwa, the original creator of these types of templates, who understand it well, but we all (myself included) have a tendency to forget both spacing and documentation. This makes editing a nightmare.

TL;DR: I'll try to get around to it later (in a few months type of later), but I hope someone will beat me to it.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Edit 2 times, last edit by jlh0605 at Oct 4, 2013 2:19:19 PM]
[Oct 4, 2013 2:18:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

I think I found a problem. I shall troubleshoot it. :)

Stupid edit >.>
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Twittly at Oct 4, 2013 4:48:20 PM]
[Oct 4, 2013 4:45:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Stupid edit >.>

Don't blame edit. Edit is innocent and you know it. We all know edit is there to cover up your ever-changing mind and mistakes. Long live edit. #endtoeditbullying #editswag #luvedit

The template still didn't want to inform me what to fix not that anything ever does. Sorry that I couldn't be of any help but I'm glad there are other players who'll do all the dirty work and I get to enjoy the result :)

Also Jamesh <333.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Oct 4, 2013 4:55:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Fun fact: It isn't just LE. It also Gold Box and Imperial Outposts.

What I know so far is that the problem is not in the LE/GB/IO trinket paragraphs, but the main one. All 3 of these trinkets reside in the same if statement, so that explains why all 3 are being affected. Now I just need to find why it is happening. :)

Also, sorry about the spam in Recent Changes.
[Oct 4, 2013 5:49:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Stupid edit >.>

Editing templates is a pain. There is no real way to test them without committing the changes, then looking. Unless you make a sandbox template, which is so much of a pain for a template that big. Hence why I haven't gotten around to changing it yet.

Also Jamesh <333.

:O I think Grrli might be jealous. Just a wee bit.
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Oct 7, 2013 9:30:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Stupid edit >.>

Editing templates is a pain. There is no real way to test them without committing the changes, then looking. Unless you make a sandbox template, which is so much of a pain for a template that big. Hence why I haven't gotten around to changing it yet.

It is a pain.... I did a dozen edits or so in my sandboxes before I was getting tired... I shall take a look sometime this long weekend when I get more time.
[Oct 7, 2013 4:04:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

It is a pain.... I did a dozen edits or so in my sandboxes before I was getting tired... I shall take a look sometime this long weekend when I get more time.

Best of luck.. I hope you find the bug and squash it mercilessly! Though if you happen to discover that the bug was my fault, you can conveniently forget it.
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Edit 1 times, last edit by jlh0605 at Oct 7, 2013 4:27:19 PM]
[Oct 7, 2013 4:26:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

This error is bizarre.
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[Oct 14, 2013 8:43:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

This error is bizarre.

I do have a work around, but it isn't pretty. I would upload them to my sandboxes but time isn't being nice to me.
#SoManyEssays...NotFunny
[Oct 14, 2013 8:48:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates