• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 33
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5965 times and has 32 replies Next Thread
Franklincain

trinkets SPECIFIC to Bananananana? Reply to this Post

(Hmmm...May have minions on the mind...)

Any way...If we could get a list of those trinkets available from the Banana Boxes, one of us (I'll volunteer) could then update the "Trinkets" page to include this subset. As stated elsewhere, we have such a section in that page for all the other colors of mystery boxes.

Thanks in advance! ;-)
Franklin
----------------------------------------
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Franklincain at Sep 13, 2013 1:24:53 PM]
[Sep 13, 2013 1:22:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meehearties

Re: trinkets SPECIFIC to Bananananana? Reply to this Post

Here is what I have so far. It's not much but it's a start. The first 2 pics are one colour trinkets. The cloth bags are multi but I have no idea how many colours there are

Mee
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[Sep 17, 2013 7:37:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sunpetalxx

Sunpetal - Hunter Emerald Ocean

Always looking for trinkets: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Sunpetal/Trinkets
[Sep 18, 2013 3:11:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gromit3

I have tried my hand at this section as well, But i need help getting the links and wording right before it will allow me to upload the cloth bags and cakes can someone help Many thanks

gromster
[Oct 2, 2013 5:35:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

You created a whole bunch of mis-named articles. As shown by the screen shots above, these new trinkets for the most part do NOT have "Banana" as part of their name. For example, it's just "Wooden box", NOT "Banana wooden box"...

Here's what the (real) trinkets' names are, from the screen shots:

Blooming anchor
Cloth bag
Cupcake
Dropped ice cream cone
Flower in coconut shell
Glass butterfly
Hermit crab
Kite
Scallop shell
Sunflower with card
Umbrella
Wooden box

Any others? Thanks...

(Edit): I've fixed that section, and I've labelled all the bad files for deletion.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Franklincain at Oct 2, 2013 6:42:01 AM]
[Oct 2, 2013 6:17:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gromit3

Ok guess u are editing it as wont allow me think my problem is all the re direct links associated to the promos i have the trinkets to upload but were and how is different than what i did to all the latest Gold box ones.

Hope you can assist and help me stop getting pestered in game lol

Gromster
[Oct 2, 2013 6:38:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Can these trinkets be held in portraits?

Blooming anchor
Dropped ice cream cone
Flower in coconut shell
Glass butterfly
Hermit crab
Kite
Scallop shell
Sunflower with card
Umbrella

Thanks!
Franklin
[Oct 2, 2013 7:10:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gromit3

Not sure but i cant find any link to banana promotions etc i have majority of trinkets ready to slot in but dont understand the layout template of the LE trinkets, if you can make it that i have someway of uploading them to pages i will be happy to otherwise i can post them here for u ?

gromster
[Oct 2, 2013 7:20:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Blooming anchor
Dropped ice cream cone
Flower in coconut shell
Glass butterfly
Hermit crab
Kite
Scallop shell
Sunflower with card
Umbrella

Thanks!
Franklin

Nope.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Oct 2, 2013 7:55:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Dexla wrote: 
Franklin wrote: 

Nope.

Well, alllllrighty then. Table updated accordingly. ;-)

Thanks!
Franklin
[Oct 2, 2013 8:19:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Yeah, also, they're not banana box trinkets. They're regular (seasonal) trinkets that can be won in banana only by opening a banana box. That section's specifically about trinkets available only from the banana box.

Soooo... wanna rewind all the changes you made?
[Oct 2, 2013 2:14:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Soooo... wanna rewind all the changes you made?

Already did, as per my post above...
(Edit):
Oh, wait, you meant the TRINKET page, not the PORTRAIT ITEM page. Sorry...
Fixed now. ;-)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Franklincain at Oct 2, 2013 2:55:40 PM]
[Oct 2, 2013 2:49:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gromit3

ok this is becoming compilcated to my simple mind i want to upload the banana trinkets now looking at it i am going to have to upload them to the cloth bag page etc which is far to small to input etc the ice cupcakes has a separtate spread unlike the choc and wine which are compined and the wooden boxs display wine and choc even though spring is there so if i added the banana dont think it would matter.

Sorry for being an amateur trying to help i managed the new gold box ones which am only missing 2 if anyone can help.

End of day did i do wrong or right can only learn from mistakes, you asked for new people to help as most i thought it was the OOO that did all this which it aint obviously.

Hats of to everyone in the back ground :)

gromster
[Edit 1 times, last edit by gromit3 at Oct 2, 2013 3:20:09 PM]
[Oct 2, 2013 3:15:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

1) Go here:
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Trinket#Banana_mystery_box
That section has just three trinkets.

2) Go to each of those three trinkets, and see if that specific trinket needs any new images added into it...
[Oct 2, 2013 3:21:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gromit3

ummm there is no banana section at all within any of those trinkets do i have to input them to it as in add the new sections to the exiting ones. all that thread shows is a multitude of diffrent LE colours of the same sort. If i add to them then the short cut has to reflect it which again is separate,do i have to aadd to the LE side,what do i no you are the boss man that took the banana on months back. i Edited and tried up loading to the existing cloth bags but didnt work.

Guess this will be 1 of those things i cant attempt or do :) with your experiance if i upload the pics of the relevant things in format can u input them?

gromster
[Oct 2, 2013 3:32:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

We're getting into page editing as well as grid editing, here.

Also, the cupcakes need a major overhaul. It's... on my to-do list.
[Oct 3, 2013 1:34:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gromit3

lol yeah think i will just stick to the simple things tried editing the cupcake uploaded the banana one and looked great, However this altered the cupcakes in the ice section as well so i just gave up and reverted it.

You might have simple fix to the wooden boxes have updated but it aint aligned correct even though the uploaded template picture is.

Gromster
[Oct 3, 2013 2:36:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

The issue with the cupcakes is that they need to be made into a two-colour grid so that both primary and secondary colours can be listed, which (among other things) involves turning the current grid up on end...
[Oct 3, 2013 6:13:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gromit3

well above my minion expertise :(

gromster
[Oct 3, 2013 6:21:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gromit3

well have updated the cloth bags and wooden boxes still need pictures of any not displayed as well as cupcakes please so i can start that

gromster
[Oct 3, 2013 11:14:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Please be aware that Three Rings named the chocolate-colored cupcake "Chocolate cupcake"; it is a SEPARATE trinket, DISTINCT from all other colors of the "Cupcake" trinket. Therefore, these two trinkets should have a LINK to each other.

(Obviously, Three Rings didn't think ahead when they made the "Chocolate cupcake". They did not retroactively update the name of that trinket when they created the other-colored "Cupcake" trinkets.)

Please, please, PLEASE stop deleting that link within the "Cupcake" article pointing to its orphan cousin the "Chocolate cupcake"...

Addendum: Color palettes should be in alphabetical order. Thus, Spring Green should be filed after Plum and before Wine.

Franklin
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Franklincain at Oct 4, 2013 6:23:53 AM]
[Oct 4, 2013 6:21:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gromit3

so u want it banana, spring green, ice blue then a link to chocolate
[Oct 4, 2013 6:46:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gromit3

Also uploaded the pic if u want to insert it, just click on ice blue and will bring it up
[Oct 4, 2013 6:49:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

You messed up the order of the color palettes, once again. >_<
I've fixed it, yet again. *PLEASE* stop messing up the order; it is supposed to be alphabetical -- Banana, then Ice blue, then Spring green. In that order.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Franklincain at Oct 4, 2013 7:19:46 AM]
[Oct 4, 2013 7:10:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gromit3

Sorry was just trying to help as people have been waiting months and you posted that needed more people to help so i ve been spending hours trying to, guess the template i was going off was in the wrong order.

Thank you

Gromster
[Oct 4, 2013 7:23:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Woo. Real nice job on the grid, gromit - thought you said it was beyond your level of ability. =)

The template itself also needs updating before it'll work with the new image, but I'll just do that myself. Also need to go through all the pages that link to it and update them. Joy...

Just a curious about why all this flipping back and forth between images. Images get cached by the wiki, so if you update it, you'll need to refresh in order to see the new one.

Franklincain wrote: 
I've fixed it, yet again. *PLEASE* stop messing up the order; it is supposed to be alphabetical -- Banana, then Ice blue, then Spring green. In that order.

... Since when?

Also, I reckon it's worth putting the chocolate cupcakes on the same page, with a note saying they're called "chocolate cupcake" in-game. Make the chocolate cupcake page into a redirect.

I'd even ponder doing the same with the plum cloth bag (though admittely the difference between "plum pouch" and "cloth bag" is much greater than the difference between "chocolate cupcake" and "cupcake").
[Oct 4, 2013 2:46:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gromit3

Thank you mate was glad to help although thought i was in trouble with frankincain. Ref to your question I was flipping between the images because couldnt get it to sort its self lol banana red took over everything. Also i had the chocolate included and displayed but franklincain said it was a separate trinket and to stop messing with the link so i put it down as a related.

Also i am missing a couple of trinkets from the gold box update i did and any cupcakes or bags if you or anyone has images please upload them and i will update as a priority.

Thank you for the thanks ment alot

Gromster
[Edit 1 times, last edit by gromit3 at Oct 4, 2013 10:51:12 PM]
[Oct 4, 2013 10:49:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gromit3

Do u want me to include the plum cloth bags or leave it as is?

gromster
[Oct 4, 2013 11:56:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

I think if you feel like including them on the grid, then go for it - that won't change anything except that it'll make them available to be displayed using the same sub-template. We can consider whether to include them in the article later.
[Oct 5, 2013 1:21:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gromit3

done as requested :)

gromster
[Oct 5, 2013 2:40:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates