• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 33
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6038 times and has 32 replies Next Thread
HexedPirate

Spiderman Reply to this Post

So I just went to see the new Spiderman movie. It was great, definitely up there with the Avengers, in my honest opinion.

Discuss
----------------------------------------
Elementus
[Jul 6, 2012 9:10:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cronk

Re: Spiderman Reply to this Post

I am trying to remember the last time I was less excited about a superhero movie. Even when I knew Green Lantern was going to stink on ice, I wanted to see it more than Spiderman.
Cronk
-Much better than you in every way.
[Jul 7, 2012 1:05:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HexedPirate

I am trying to remember the last time I was less excited about a superhero movie. Even when I knew Green Lantern was going to stink on ice, I wanted to see it more than Spiderman.

To each his own, i guess.
Elementus
[Jul 7, 2012 2:15:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CKShinrai

The costume looks AWFUL, but everything less looks good and the word of mouth is great.

I'll be seeing it tomorrow, so expect a report back.
Erfan wrote: 
OUR SUPER IMPORTANT LORD SHINRAI THE HEDGEHOG

[Jul 7, 2012 6:08:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Velariel

I saw it today and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. There were parts I didn't care for, and didn't find entirely believable (and I do realize that some suspension of disbelief is required for superhero films), overall I thought it was pretty epic.

(Although, as someone who really doesn't like spiders there were a few scenes which caused freak-outage. To be expected, obviously, but still, I feel like there were more spiders in this one than in the previous incarnations. Mr. Tass got a good laugh out of me.)
Tacita of Midnight.
Half blind, crippled, and Damned.
[Jul 7, 2012 7:08:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

I think I will just wait for July 20th. Begin the countdown!
Captainrich
[Jul 7, 2012 7:38:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rogue_JM

Agree. Dark Knight Rises, FTW.
Moderating ROMS: (DC)XV with Quitex.

We haz power.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Rogue_JM at Jul 7, 2012 8:20:27 PM]
[Jul 7, 2012 8:19:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Velariel

Agree. Dark Knight Rises, FTW.

Yes, definitely. Midnight show FTW, and we're having the group over beforehand to watch the first two on Blu Ray on our shiny big TV since we couldn't afford to do the trilogy in the theater. SO. EXCITED.
Tacita of Midnight.
Half blind, crippled, and Damned.
[Jul 7, 2012 8:50:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aenor

Most of the time, a comic book movie is only as good as its villain. And the Lizard was a very boring villain.

Also, since it's only been ten years since they told us Spidey's origin story, I think they could have skipped it because we already know all that stuff about being bitten by a Spider, dead Uncle Ben, blah blah blah.
Mat on the Meridian Ocean

Thank you to everyone who loves Blacksmithing!
[Jul 8, 2012 9:56:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cronk

Most of the time, a comic book movie is only as good as its villain. And the Lizard was a very boring villain.

Also, since it's only been ten years since they told us Spidey's origin story, I think they could have skipped it because we already know all that stuff about being bitten by a Spider, dead Uncle Ben, blah blah blah.

I think that is why I am so unmotivated to see it. I really can't bring myself to watch the whole birth of spiderman story. I can only assume that the quote with great power comes great responsibility found its way into the film and i just don't feel up for the melodrama (I fimd it amusing that I am listening to The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald as I type that). Now if Shin tells me it is worth seeing, I will check it out. Otherwise, I will wait for home release.
Cronk
-Much better than you in every way.
[Jul 8, 2012 4:15:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CKShinrai

It's worth seeing. Not perfect, but really a very solid film. Better than the first go-around in many respects. The leads also have insanely good chemistry.

EDIT: "With great power comes great responsibility" does not appear in the film.

DOUBLEEDIT: The costume still looks horrible, though.
Erfan wrote: 

[Edit 4 times, last edit by CKShinrai at Jul 8, 2012 4:42:39 PM]
[Jul 8, 2012 4:40:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

I think I'll be waiting for Redbox for this one. It's hard to be motivated for a movie that's clearly only being made to keep the license rolling.

The Dark Knight Rises is going to be a biggest letdown of the year. Then again, I won't be satisfied unless Batman buys the farm.
"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."- Friedrich Hayek
[Jul 8, 2012 7:33:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

I think I'll be waiting for Redbox for this one. It's hard to be motivated for a movie that's clearly only being made to keep the license rolling.

The Dark Knight Rises is going to be a biggest letdown of the year. Then again, I won't be satisfied unless Batman buys the farm.

Almost all endings to a trilogy are let downs. Personally I have been dying to see it because it is the 3rd movie, but The Hobbit is just as big on my list.

You all should go see Ted too. I hate Seth McFarlane(spelled wrong) and I even still think it is funny.
Captainrich
[Jul 8, 2012 9:28:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

You all should go see Ted too. I hate Seth McFarlane(spelled wrong) and I even still think it is funny

^Spelled correctly actually. But from what I understand it's just live action Family Guy/Cleveland Show/American Dad.
Ions
Captain of the Pimps at Sea.

Avatars by Inghild, Yumisa ...and Imp.
[Jul 8, 2012 11:19:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
mads0001

It was WAY better than the last reboot for me. The costume, to me, is much cooler than Tobey's. It's wittier, edgier, darker, and much better than the psuedo-camp disgrace that the previous 3 movies were...

Just my take on it.

Oh, and now Spiderman looks a bit like Andy Murray, which I find quite entertaining. :P
rachaelj wrote: 

"your standing in patronising has gone up and is now respected in your archipelago"
spelling corrected by Mads(tm) :P
[Jul 9, 2012 7:09:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

You all should go see Ted too. I hate Seth McFarlane(spelled wrong) and I even still think it is funny

^Spelled correctly actually. But from what I understand it's just live action Family Guy/Cleveland Show/American Dad.

They don't do the stupid little flashbacks like those shows. Or reference everything.
Captainrich
[Jul 9, 2012 9:47:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CKShinrai

edgier, darker

These are not words I like seeing associated with Spider-Man. Notwithstanding that, the costume looks like a sweaty rubber suit.

(Also, offtopic a bit, this thread annoys me every time I see it because it's missing the hyphen)
Erfan wrote: 

[Jul 9, 2012 5:02:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OdorOfFrodo

It's actually the story of the mild-mannered Jewish boy from the Upper West Side who grows up to be a dentist, Thomas Spiderman.

The trailers are misleading, to say the least.
The Upper West Side is in New York, right?
Ecavatar by Ecastasy!
Talisker wrote: 
Obviously this calls for dressing up as Karl Marx.

[Jul 9, 2012 7:22:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

To your white space, Vims:

It's a damn musical, you doof.

(Frankly, I think Lower East Side Story needs to be written. Just for kicks.)
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Jul 10, 2012 6:33:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OdorOfFrodo

It's not called Upper West Side Story. Although I will admit...

Snap

Snap

Snap

Once a Jet, always a Jet.

Snap
Ecavatar by Ecastasy!
Talisker wrote: 

[Jul 10, 2012 6:48:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
iceblade856

It was WAY better than the last reboot for me. The costume, to me, is much cooler than Tobey's. It's wittier, edgier, darker, and much better than the psuedo-camp disgrace that the previous 3 movies were...

Just my take on it.

Oh, and now Spiderman looks a bit like Andy Murray, which I find quite entertaining. :P

I agree with this. The problem I have with the new Spiderman though is that is was made relatively close to the latest release of the last trilogy and almost everyone who saw the Amazing Spiderman has seen the old ones. With this, it felt like I was re-watching parts of the old films at times and that made some climactic parts easily predicted.
[Jul 11, 2012 7:41:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RogueQuitex

Why is Batman so popular? He has like no superpowers whatsoever.
Co-Moderating ROMS DCXV with Rogue_JM
(ROMS XV: DC)

I'm full of the evilz.
BANZORZ!
[Jul 15, 2012 7:21:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CKShinrai

...so he can't be an interesting character without superpowers?
Erfan wrote: 

[Jul 15, 2012 9:06:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RogueQuitex

...so he can't be an interesting character without superpowers?

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

No.

If he is supposed to be a "superhero"... without superpowers? Or money? Pfft.
Co-Moderating ROMS DCXV with Rogue_JM
(ROMS XV: DC)

I'm full of the evilz.
BANZORZ!
[Jul 15, 2012 9:10:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OdorOfFrodo

That's pretty much why he's my favourite superhero. Because I could be him...minus the whole billionaire being physically awesome thing.
Ecavatar by Ecastasy!
Talisker wrote: 

[Jul 15, 2012 9:26:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

are you god damn kidding me
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Jul 16, 2012 8:47:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Talisker

Money is a super power. So is butlers.
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[Jul 16, 2012 8:55:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Someone said today that Batman is a millionaire. Is this true? If it is then why he has no high-tech stuff like Iron Man, he just has a stinkin' car... Or is Robin, his gay lover, his sugar daddy? That would make sense...
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Jul 16, 2012 2:43:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mads0001

Someone said today that Batman is a millionaire. Is this true? If it is then why he has no high-tech stuff like Iron Man, he just has a stinkin' car... Or is Robin, his gay lover, his sugar daddy? That would make sense...

Have you seen any of the batman movies? He's got a ton of funky techno-gadgetry going on. :P
rachaelj wrote: 

"your standing in patronising has gone up and is now respected in your archipelago"
spelling corrected by Mads(tm) :P
[Jul 16, 2012 3:21:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Talisker

He's really rich. Basically Batman and Iron Man are the same heroes just from different comics. Rich playboys with a crime fighting alter ego. And he has gadgets galore. From Wiki:

Batarangs
Bat-lasso
Bat-cuffs.
Batman has given a special tool with a diamond-edged cutting implement to the Gotham PD for removal.
Bat-monitor
Bat-Tracer
Communications device
Bat Line
Bat-Darts
Bat first aid kit
Cryo Capsules
Bat Goo gun
Grapple gun
Night vision bat-goggles
Batlight
Flamethower:
Kryptonite Bat ring
Batcetylene torch
Bat pick
Bat Marbles
Micro bat-camera
Bat smoke grenades
Miniaturized bat-toolkit
Bat Breather
A Master Bat-Key
Bat pellets
Bat tazer
Bat (Flash-Bang) grenades
Thermite Bat grenades
Bat bags
Collapsible bat-sword.
Bat-Saw
Bat-Heater
Bat Listening devices
The Batrope
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[Jul 16, 2012 3:24:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates