• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 106
Posts: 106   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14954 times and has 105 replies Next Thread
Dexla

Camp Scurvy - a two week doodle-like summer program! Reply to this Post

For experienced and novice doodlers alike!

Much like the December Daily Doodles and Spring Egguinox that Apollo runs, Herowena and Dexla will be serving as your camp counselors to bring you a variety of (mostly) 24-hour-long quickie contests to keep those doodling skills sharp! Just because it's summer break, doesn't mean you should be slacking off! While our experienced Doodlers know the general drill, here is a (blatantly copied) general run down of what Camp Scurvy is about:

Beginning Monday, July 18th, at or soon after midnight game time, a new doodle-like contest will be posted each weekday, for the next two weeks.
Most of these contests will be forum-based and will require entries to be posted within the next 24-hours. On the following midnight game time, the contest will close, and the next contest will be announced. There will be two forum threads for this event. This thread will contain a running summary of events, winners and prizes in the second post, as well as any discussion. The second thread will contain all contest descriptions and their entries during the two weeks, and should be used for entries only - no discussion or questions. Each daily contest will be inspired in some way by summer camp activities, the fun of doodling, or pirates!

The general rules for the forum contests are as follows, closely based on those used in the December Daily Doodles.
-- Only one entry per player in each day's contest, but you may enter as many different contests as you wish during the event.
-- You must include your pirate name and ocean at the top of your entry post. Make sure you use the pirate and ocean for which you would want to receive a prize.
-- We will try to make the instructions clear for each contest. Unless we've made a serious booch, we're not going to be answering questions during the day. Just read the instructions and have a go at following them.
-- The entry thread is going to be busy enough without chat. Keep the entry thread just for entries please!
-- The general rules on avoiding tasteless or offensive material apply at all times on this forum but I'm mentioning them again here just in case.
-- Judging will be completed as soon as possible after the contest has closed, and results will be posted as quickly as we possibly can.
-- PRIZES WILL BE DELIVERED AT THE END OF THIS CAMP SESSION. Because this is being run by mere mortals, we will not be bothering the OM to make daily deliveries. At the end of the 2 weeks, a final list will be sent to the OM to request delivery of every ones prizes, at the same time.
-- Don't get hung up on the prizes and the need to win (for the prizes will be small trinkets). Take part because it looks fun, it's an interesting challenge, and it's an opportunity to share your quick-fire skills with your fellow players!

*** TO REITERATE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CAMP SCURVY, AND OTHER DOODLING EVENTS ***
Prizes will NOT be delivered immediately, but at the end of the 2 weeks.

The second post in this thread will contain links to the contests and winners. Again, a separate thread will be used as the entry thread for the whole contest.

Start packing those arts and craft supplies! Charge up the camera battery! Where's your microphone? Sharpen your pencils! The camp bus leaves soon!
----------------------------------------
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Dexla at Jul 17, 2011 11:47:58 PM]
[Jul 10, 2011 4:46:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Re: Camp Scurvy - a two week doodle-like summer program! Reply to this Post

This post for links to contests and winners.

Day 1: Welcome To Camp! Winner: Ellenya
Day 2: Our Camp Scurvy Mascot! Winner: Armilla
Day 3: Story Night! Winner: Florentine
Day 4: Dear Mom! Winner: Cattrin
Day 5: The Luck O' The Cultist! Winner: Kirppu
Weekend Competitions! We're happy campers!
Day 6: Seashells By The Seashore! Winner: Shiftyeyess
Day 7: What IS this? Winner: Bunnylaroo
Day 8: Nature Walk! Winner: Makawhawla
Day 9: Camp Scurvy Art Exhibit! Winner: Arghhpirate
Day 10: UR my BF4evah! Winner: Cattrin
Final Weekend: Campfire Sing-A-Long! Winner: Imp
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Edit 26 times, last edit by joandart at Aug 1, 2011 8:23:12 AM]
[Jul 10, 2011 4:46:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Re: Camp Scurvy - a two week doodle-like summer program! [Coming soon!] Reply to this Post

./em jumps up and down

Yay! :D

By the way, you made a typo with "mircophone" near the bottom of the first post. :o
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cattrin at Jul 10, 2011 5:03:17 PM]
[Jul 10, 2011 5:02:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Re: Camp Scurvy - a two week doodle-like summer program! [Coming soon!] Reply to this Post

Woo sez I rite gud?
Dexla d'Midnight
[Jul 10, 2011 5:32:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

Yay!!!! =D
~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[Jul 10, 2011 6:13:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

<3
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jul 10, 2011 11:25:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
outofthebox9

Weeee! =D
Evilmermaid
Cobalt Cerulean
[Jul 11, 2011 12:25:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
angel2512

Oooo. I hope I have time to participate in this.
If not, I'll pop in and enjoy. =)
~Saphireangel~

SO of Mischievous Drifters,
Lady of Maniacal Menagerie,
Cerulean, once a Cobalt native.
(also lurking on all English oceans)

Angelfish collector
Avatar gorgeousness by the lovely Angelira!
[Jul 11, 2011 2:23:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yngve6

Yeay, love this. :D
Inghild on Meridian
Yngve on Emerald
[Jul 11, 2011 2:41:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

Thanks for doing this you two!

Doodles! Doodlesdoodlesdoodlesdoodles.
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean
[Jul 11, 2011 7:41:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Moninca

Oooo.... this sounds fun. I haven't been around for Doodles in ages. :)

Will we need bug spray and suntan lotion?
Phyre on Viridian
[Jul 11, 2011 11:05:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

O.o That just gave me an idea for a doodle! Drat! I'll have to save that idea for another time! (hopes)
Not long now... squeee!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Jul 14, 2011 5:57:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

O.o That just gave me an idea for a doodle! Drat! I'll have to save that idea for another time! (hopes)
Not long now... squeee!

Coming next summer, to a screen near you- Camp Scurvy 2: Son of Scurvy!
Herowena of Cerulean

[Jul 14, 2011 12:29:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

Looks awesome Dex, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Asheme - Malachite/Viridian Oceans - (2009 - 2011)
Mastorakis - Meridian Ocean - (2013 - present) that is all.....
[Jul 14, 2011 1:09:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arghhpirate

Weee! All packed and ready to go! I forgot my microphone though D:
[Jul 17, 2011 10:29:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Camp is open, wheeee!
Herowena of Cerulean

[Jul 18, 2011 12:04:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
iong

yay! been waiting for this moment for a whole day at least!

question: can i put like, a gator? or does it have to be real furni?
or carpet?
what about snow? i know it's not the season... but, it's there

edit: added question
edit 2: added carpet to the question
edit 3: added snow
Captain and Surgeon of Eye of Harmony
Founding member of Blink and The White Void
Show-me-the-stars avvie by XEcastasy!!

Adrielle tells ye, "they are coming - the chickens are coming"

[Edit 3 times, last edit by iong at Jul 18, 2011 2:26:23 AM]
[Jul 18, 2011 12:17:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PurpleClown

Quick question: May I carpet my shack? I know you cant in game, so i wasnt sure if i could :D
Avie by Adrielle
Ellenya on Viridian
Lucky Doodler, as of 2.01.2011
"all in the name of Schiensche"
[Jul 18, 2011 3:50:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitter.com/ellenya [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

In regards to questions:
Because of the short time-spam of doodles, we don't want to delay anyone's creativity if we're unable to answer questions all day. Don't over analyze the instructions, go with your gut feelings, be creative, have fun!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Jul 18, 2011 7:08:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Moninca

Is there a link to Yohoho Tools? I can't seem to find it. I have ScenePainter, but can't figure out how to recolor/place things. :-/

Okay, scratch that part. I think I figured out the ScenePainter. But, I can't figure out how to color things. Any help? Thanks. ^_^
Phyre on Viridian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Moninca at Jul 18, 2011 1:20:19 PM]
[Jul 18, 2011 12:56:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

I know squat about scene painter, but here's the other link in case anyone else needs it: Yohoho Tools
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jul 18, 2011 1:28:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

I know squat about scene painter, but here's the other link in case anyone else needs it: Yohoho Tools

Thank ye Budclare! And remember, you can also take a screenshot of your in-game shack.
Herowena of Cerulean

[Jul 18, 2011 1:35:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Moninca

Thank ye Budclare! And remember, you can also take a screenshot of your in-game shack.

Much appreciated. ^_^

I would love to decorate ingame, but I can't afford what I want. lol ^_^
Phyre on Viridian
[Jul 18, 2011 1:41:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dougerarg

I approve the name of this event.
Scervy of Hunter
Omnis on Sage

Retired YPP player. Miss all my old pals from long ago
[Jul 18, 2011 1:56:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

I love love love the shack entries so far!!!! Mine is kinda plain... lol
~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[Jul 18, 2011 4:06:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Oh, I heartily endorse Apollo's tent.

Maybe I won't forget my sunglasses now. :D
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

[Jul 18, 2011 5:32:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

I have this terrible feeling I'm going to be buying and decorating shacks across each ocean so I can have doodling inspiration no matter where I go...
Dexla d'Midnight
[Jul 18, 2011 7:31:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shawe

I have this terrible feeling I'm going to be buying and decorating shacks across each ocean so I can have doodling inspiration no matter where I go...

What about super evil-scheme plotting inspiration and lava pits jails?
Shawe - Greed is good.
"FIGHT CLUB!" Avatars by Shawe.
[Jul 18, 2011 7:56:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Shawe [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

What about super evil-scheme plotting inspiration and lava pits jails?

Doodlers improvise!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Jul 18, 2011 9:08:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

So...Mr. Squishy, my entry for today, was made of what I thought was sculpey, which you bake to harden after you make your object. Unfortunately, he wasn't, and melted into a rather majestic pile of goo.

In light of that..

I'd like to take a moment to pay tribute to a wonderful octopus by the name of Squishy.

He may not have been the largest, nor most colourful of his species, but what he lacked of in appearance, he made up for in boundless creativity.

Though he is now gone, taken from us by the 275* oven and scraped into a trash can, we must all remember him for the tiny sculpey-impersonating-octopus he was.

May he live on forever in our hearts.

/sniffle
Cattrin of Cerulean

[Jul 19, 2011 2:13:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 106   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates