• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  


Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 305
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 23331 times and has 304 replies Next Thread
MizzUnique



Joined: Jun 17, 2004
Posts: 107
Status: Offline

Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

RavenHawk wrote: 
Aye it IS griefing, and now would be a good time to file it with the OM's. Thank You.....Kissa


Please excuse me for booching any part of this post, I haven't posted in something as serious as this thread ever.

A part of taking an island is being able to defend it. Whether it be from the same person trying to attack that island weekly or joe flag who attacks once with a huge fleet.

Midnight Armada to the best of my knowledge haven't called RD for griefing when he simultaneously blockaded their two islands. Like a good flag should, they pulled together and defended successfully. If Black Sails can't do this, should they be holding a key island in Diamond?

Rumors around the ocean is that Black Sails is effectively dead with one or two active members remaining. Who wouldn't use that as an advantage to take an island in the game? If you knew that about Crimson Tide, wouldn't you want to take Xi, or the Loots and Jorvik?

It seems a pity that RD has become the man to pin the blame on for everything. I'm sure if he wasn't around, some other player would be in his place and we'd all be hating on him/her. He is a great player no doubt about it and has also been willing to help me out when I've asked. Maybe you should take some time to get to know him, rather than judging him on other people's reactions to what he does ingame.

Cnossos is my home port in the game, I also enjoy shopping there as prices are lower than Alpha/Turtle for things like laurels.

Whoever gets it at the end of this blockade, well done. She's a good island, treat her well.

- Mizz
----------------------------------------
Mizzunique

Sheogorath says: Nemo calls everyone lad or lass though, since he's like a god and we are his children.

Sheogorath says: I can't believe I lost a war to a girl in pink. Next time you won't be so lucky.
[Nov 5, 2004 8:42:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Mizz1Nique1981 [Link]  Go to top 
chewyshoe

Member's Avatar


Joined: May 8, 2004
Posts: 1357
Status: Offline
Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

CrazyMorg wrote: 
chewyshoe wrote: 
54x wrote: 
stevedave wrote: 
If you remove someone like RD someone will simply take his place. Y!PP needs someone to demonize. Before people tarted about everything RD did they tarted about everything Thanos did. Thanos left, and RD took over.


YPP doesn't need someone to demonise, rather, there always seems to be someone immature enough to say: "Right, I think it'd be fun to play the bad guy..." and then just as we break the first one, another one pops up to take their place.


Not everybody plays the same way diamond. I find rd's play-style interesting and adds somewhat excitement to the game, he is one of the only few who blockades player-owned islands and even tho he doesnt win, its fun for those involed.

Personally I wish every thread would stop being about how much of an ass rd is. Get over it, he isnt going to change and apparently the dev's dont think that its a bannable what he is doing(does). If I thread every thread around about saying how much diamondblade sucked, everybody would get on my back like a bad rash.


noooooooooooo

its fine if its for fun you moron...if its malicious and you want to stop and hender other players from enjoying the game then its not...thats what RD does

hes stated that he plans to blockade cnossos again, thats fun?, hes stated he wants to destroy people fleets to ruin them, thats fun?

blockades can be fun, but its a thin line, and hes snapped it a few too many times...


If you own an island, defend it or loss it. Rd is making legitmate attacks on cnossos, he is not sending in small forces, hes sending in everything he can organise. How the hell is that greifing.

KoshMom wrote: 
chewyshoe wrote: 


Not everybody plays the same way diamond. I find rd's play-style interesting and adds somewhat excitement to the game, he is one of the only few who blockades player-owned islands and even tho he doesnt win, its fun for those involed.


Ah Now I understand the type of "fun" you like. It's the type of fun akin to tripping a little old lady and laughing at her falling down and trying to get up.

Ha.
Ha.
Hilarious.

(not)


What the fuck? How dare you. Your WORSE than robertdonald. Seriously, how dare you even mention that id enjoy something like that. You know NOTHING about me. How about I mute you. I dont wish to play with people who accuse me that i'd actually enjoy something like that.

I had alot of respect for Silver dawn, but after a royal of yours says something like that, I cant help but loss all respect I had for you guys. I know she doesnt represent the opinons of your flag, but just the fact that somebody could say something like that is bad enough. Robert has never stooped to that level.
----------------------------------------
Funny exam answers | Free online contests
[Nov 5, 2004 8:51:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RbtCatt



Joined: Aug 27, 2003
Posts: 48
Status: Offline

Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

MizzUnique wrote: 
RavenHawk wrote: 
Aye it IS griefing, and now would be a good time to file it with the OM's. Thank You.....Kissa


Please excuse me for booching any part of this post, I haven't posted in something as serious as this thread ever.

A part of taking an island is being able to defend it. Whether it be from the same person trying to attack that island weekly or joe flag who attacks once with a huge fleet.

Midnight Armada to the best of my knowledge haven't called RD for griefing when he simultaneously blockaded their two islands. Like a good flag should, they pulled together and defended successfully. If Black Sails can't do this, should they be holding a key island in Diamond?

Rumors around the ocean is that Black Sails is effectively dead with one or two active members remaining. Who wouldn't use that as an advantage to take an island in the game? If you knew that about Crimson Tide, wouldn't you want to take Xi, or the Loots and Jorvik?

It seems a pity that RD has become the man to pin the blame on for everything. I'm sure if he wasn't around, some other player would be in his place and we'd all be hating on him/her. He is a great player no doubt about it and has also been willing to help me out when I've asked. Maybe you should take some time to get to know him, rather than judging him on other people's reactions to what he does ingame.

Cnossos is my home port in the game, I also enjoy shopping there as prices are lower than Alpha/Turtle for things like laurels.

Whoever gets it at the end of this blockade, well done. She's a good island, treat her well.

- Mizz


Black Sails is not Dead first of all. The comment about them not being able to defend is kind of funny since they did defend it last week. And Kissa is not "judging him on other people's reactions to what he does ingame." She has had to deal with his bad attitude many times in game as well as I have. There is a history of RD tring to make the game miserable for her.
----------------------------------------
Xtar
First Mate of Cozzin Chaos
Prince of the Flag Chaos
[size=10]Official Grimey Avatar
[Nov 5, 2004 9:10:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DruidBob



Joined: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 127
Status: Offline

Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

[quote="MizzUnique?]
? Some really good stuff ?
[/quote]


Perfectly said, Mizz.

RobertDonald might do some things some of you don't agree with, but he's always done it in an extremely honorable fashion. If he?s played a villain, it most certainly hasn't been a Doomsday type character; he still has rules, morals, and contributes greatly to the world/ocean at large.
Islands should be changing hands if they can?t be properly defended. And if there?s a reasonable chance of success, which RD has, he has every right to try and take it.
----------------------------------------
[size=9]Deus Ex Machina,
of the flag Avalon.

[Nov 5, 2004 9:18:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    TheMrMo [Link]  Go to top 
MizzUnique



Joined: Jun 17, 2004
Posts: 107
Status: Offline

Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

RbtCatt wrote: 
Black Sails is not Dead first of all. The comment about them not being able to defend is kind of funny since they did defend it last week. And Kissa is not "judging him on other people's reactions to what he does ingame." She has had to deal with his bad attitude many times in game as well as I have. There is a history of RD tring to make the game miserable for her.


I don't believe anyone is forcing Kissa to be involved with Cnossos. If she has such a problem with RD, she could always stand down as governor and let Black Sails handle it.

Kissa should have reported him for what he has done to make the game miserable for her. This blockade has nothing to do with Kissa, its RD wanting an island, hell even if I was governor, he'd still blockade it.

No matter what tarting goes on in the forums, this will only be sorted on the blockade field. Well done on your defense last week, good luck for this week. As previously said, the best flag on the day will take the island.

- Mizz

EDIT: just fixing up some small mistakes
----------------------------------------
Mizzunique

Sheogorath says: Nemo calls everyone lad or lass though, since he's like a god and we are his children.

Sheogorath says: I can't believe I lost a war to a girl in pink. Next time you won't be so lucky.
[Nov 5, 2004 9:32:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Mizz1Nique1981 [Link]  Go to top 
CrazyMorg



Joined: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 613
Status: Offline

Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

if RD blockades it once and wins...fine

blockading it over and over again...thats griefing, anyone who says otherwise is 1 of 3 things...ignorant, stupid, or biased

he had his chance he failed...so now he gets to do it over and over again....?...thats stupid

this is griefing...period, and hes ruining the game for far too many people, its bs
[Nov 5, 2004 10:09:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MizzUnique



Joined: Jun 17, 2004
Posts: 107
Status: Offline

Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

CrazyMorg wrote: 
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

if RD blockades it once and wins...fine

blockading it over and over again...thats griefing, anyone who says otherwise is 1 of 3 things...ignorant, stupid, or biased

he had his chance he failed...so now he gets to do it over and over again....?...thats stupid

this is griefing...period, and hes ruining the game for far too many people, its bs


So everyone gets one go at an island now? Or is it just RD that only gets one go?
----------------------------------------
Mizzunique

Sheogorath says: Nemo calls everyone lad or lass though, since he's like a god and we are his children.

Sheogorath says: I can't believe I lost a war to a girl in pink. Next time you won't be so lucky.
[Nov 5, 2004 10:24:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Mizz1Nique1981 [Link]  Go to top 
Lizthegrey
Developer (retired)
Member's Avatar


Joined: Jul 22, 2004
Posts: 6912
Status: Offline
Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

Ruined? I think otherwise. I love blockading!
[Nov 5, 2004 10:48:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://plus.google.com/106912596786226524817/posts [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Member's Avatar


Joined: May 25, 2004
Posts: 12589
Status: Offline
Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

So what did Thanos write and delete?
----------------------------------------
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Nov 5, 2004 11:31:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
CrazyMorg



Joined: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 613
Status: Offline

Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

MizzUnique wrote: 
CrazyMorg wrote: 
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

if RD blockades it once and wins...fine

blockading it over and over again...thats griefing, anyone who says otherwise is 1 of 3 things...ignorant, stupid, or biased

he had his chance he failed...so now he gets to do it over and over again....?...thats stupid

this is griefing...period, and hes ruining the game for far too many people, its bs


So everyone gets one go at an island now? Or is it just RD that only gets one go?


when you do it repetitively like this, then the line has to be drawn...no other player in the entire ocean has displayed this level of arrogance

i like blockades too, dont need them every week at the same island though

and as i stated before...hes not doing blockades for FUN, hes doing them to hurt people, and thats wrong
[Nov 5, 2004 12:15:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Member's Avatar


Joined: Aug 6, 2003
Posts: 4504
Status: Offline
Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

I have to point out that RD is changing the islands that he's blockading. In Cran's case, he did it until he worked out a settlement there and stopped. In Cnossos's case, this is only the second week running and maybe they'll work something out there too. If the Devs really don't like it, I'm sure they'll put some sort of game mechanism in place to stop it.
----------------------------------------
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Nov 5, 2004 12:45:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

Member's Avatar


Joined: Feb 5, 2004
Posts: 4455
Status: Offline
Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

They aren't gonna get rid of Robertdonald because he is really a bot! Gosh people, get caught up on your misinformation.
----------------------------------------
The Dread Pirates Robinson & Barthes, LLC

The poor complain; they always do. But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all. At least, to all who matter.

[Nov 5, 2004 1:06:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Drabillord

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jun 22, 2003
Posts: 1019
Status: Offline
Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

CrazyMorg wrote: 
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

if RD blockades it once and wins...fine

blockading it over and over again...thats griefing, anyone who says otherwise is 1 of 3 things...ignorant, stupid, or biased

he had his chance he failed...so now he gets to do it over and over again....?...thats stupid

this is griefing...period, and hes ruining the game for far too many people, its bs


Actually, one of the risks of taking an island is the ability to defend it. IF you want this to end, you need to actually damage RD's ability to reblockade over and over by A) Destorying his Fleet or B) Declaring war and destorying his fleet out of the blockade.

One thign RD is not doing is using an Alt FLag. His flag is real, its not only him in it, and thus is succeptable to all the implications of attacking an island. Not doing that would be greifing. This is just a bigger "nation" attacking a smaller one.. A smaller one with lots of friends that can probably beat the bigger nation.

In the end, if you cannot protect your island from a flag, then you do not really deserve the island. I think that is by design in the game.
[Nov 5, 2004 1:06:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    wassaf [Link]  Go to top 
KoshMom

Member's Avatar


Joined: Oct 12, 2003
Posts: 2199
Status: Offline
Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

Yes, Greasy, RD is proving that if you want a shop on a populated island, all you have to do is grief the island with blockades. Cranberry it was 3 blockades, how many blockades will it be at Cnossos? What's the next island?
----------------------------------------
Avasta, Past Governor of Namath, captain of Ye Hardy Mates, of the flag RIOT
[Nov 5, 2004 1:08:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Member's Avatar


Joined: Aug 6, 2003
Posts: 4504
Status: Offline
Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

Is he targeting Cnossos to get a shoppe? If so, that's pretty lame. If not, well, then, what did the owners of Cnossos do? I don't agree with blockading an island every weekend, but a) be glad he isn't blockading it every 48 hours and b) it is definitely an in game mechanic. Why don't they just declare it sinking and sink his fleet?
----------------------------------------
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Nov 5, 2004 1:19:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CrazyMorg



Joined: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 613
Status: Offline

Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

im so sick of hearing about his flag...during the last blockade...every time i ran a /fw no one was on from a single other crew...so stop talking about his bloody flag
[Nov 5, 2004 1:25:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Member's Avatar


Joined: Sep 4, 2003
Posts: 5762
Status: Offline
Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

Lizzie wrote: 
Is he targeting Cnossos to get a shoppe? If so, that's pretty lame. If not, well, then, what did the owners of Cnossos do? I don't agree with blockading an island every weekend, but a) be glad he isn't blockading it every 48 hours and b) it is definitely an in game mechanic. Why don't they just declare it sinking and sink his fleet?


Black Sails and Scallywag Syndicate are already at war, so the blockade will be sinking.

Drabillord wrote: 
One thign RD is not doing is using an Alt FLag.


2 of the 3 Cranberry blockades were done under alt flags. Only Cranberry IV (done via Ridestowe's flag) and both Cnossos attacks were not done under alt flags.
----------------------------------------
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Nov 5, 2004 3:35:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shanoyu

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jul 28, 2003
Posts: 4600
Status: Offline
Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

The whole robertdonald thing generally makes me feel like most of you people have lost it. Robertdonald is sort of like a cyclone, everyone who gets caught up arguing over him in one manner or another ends up tossed out looking stupider.
----------------------------------------
His Holiness, The Dope
[Nov 6, 2004 2:07:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Member's Avatar


Joined: Aug 6, 2003
Posts: 4504
Status: Offline
Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

Thunderbird wrote: 
Lizzie wrote: 
Is he targeting Cnossos to get a shoppe? If so, that's pretty lame. If not, well, then, what did the owners of Cnossos do? I don't agree with blockading an island every weekend, but a) be glad he isn't blockading it every 48 hours and b) it is definitely an in game mechanic. Why don't they just declare it sinking and sink his fleet?


Black Sails and Scallywag Syndicate are already at war, so the blockade will be sinking.


Well then problem solved. Sink his fleet so he can't return for a while.

If you can't sink his fleet then you're obviously going to have a problem with defense, and you should look into that rather than just continuously rant about RD.

I don't necessarily agree with anything he does, but I also don't think you should expect to hold your island forever. If someone wants it, why shouldn't they blockade until a) they give up because you're obviously too strong or b) win it?
----------------------------------------
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Nov 6, 2004 2:43:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jul 28, 2003
Posts: 8052
Status: Offline
Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

12 Pages? Yikes! I stopped reading this thread around page 3...what did I miss?

atteSmythe,
half serious
----------------------------------------
 
Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Nov 6, 2004 3:53:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

Member's Avatar


Joined: Oct 15, 2003
Posts: 8315
Status: Offline
Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

atteSmythe wrote: 
12 Pages? Yikes! I stopped reading this thread around page 3...what did I miss?

atteSmythe,
half serious


RD is bad!

No he isn't!

Yes he is!

No he isn't!

Yes he is!

No he isn't!

...
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CrazyMorg



Joined: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 613
Status: Offline

Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

Whitefire wrote: 
atteSmythe wrote: 
12 Pages? Yikes! I stopped reading this thread around page 3...what did I miss?

atteSmythe,
half serious


RD is bad!

No he isn't!

Yes he is!

No he isn't!

Yes he is!

No he isn't!

...


lol...sadly thats about right...
[Nov 6, 2004 5:53:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ZSA004

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jul 13, 2003
Posts: 444
Status: Offline
Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

Wow, anyone else disturbed that this thread began in July?
----------------------------------------
Iskra says, "You're the sweetest pirate I've seen in the the whole ocean"
[Nov 6, 2004 6:29:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    ZSA004 [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jul 28, 2003
Posts: 7142
Status: Offline
Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

 
One thign RD is not doing is using an Alt FLag. His flag is real, its not only him in it, and thus is succeptable to all the implications of attacking an island. Not doing that would be greifing. This is just a bigger "nation" attacking a smaller one.. A smaller one with lots of friends that can probably beat the bigger nation.


I'd call it griefing if you can win for a reason that has nothing to do with your ingame might or skills. As for his flag being real, at least there's that now. Before you had to say: "Ah. Another RD flag. Wonderful."
----------------------------------------
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Nov 6, 2004 7:19:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
pezzazz

Member's Avatar


Joined: Aug 26, 2003
Posts: 202
Status: Offline
Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

54x wrote: 
 
One thign RD is not doing is using an Alt FLag. His flag is real, its not only him in it, and thus is succeptable to all the implications of attacking an island. Not doing that would be greifing. This is just a bigger "nation" attacking a smaller one.. A smaller one with lots of friends that can probably beat the bigger nation.


I'd call it griefing if you can win for a reason that has nothing to do with your ingame might or skills. As for his flag being real, at least there's that now. Before you had to say: "Ah. Another RD flag. Wonderful."


Heh... so basically your saying the fact that he used the social puzzle for the Cranberry blockades should be considered griefing, and all use of the social puzzle should count as griefing because its not an ingame might or skill? So is it okay if we start using this argument for other, non blockade elements of the game?

edit: slightly changed... didnt convey my idea properly
[Nov 6, 2004 7:26:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jul 28, 2003
Posts: 7142
Status: Offline
Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

pezzazz wrote: 
54x wrote: 
 
One thign RD is not doing is using an Alt FLag. His flag is real, its not only him in it, and thus is succeptable to all the implications of attacking an island. Not doing that would be greifing. This is just a bigger "nation" attacking a smaller one.. A smaller one with lots of friends that can probably beat the bigger nation.


I'd call it griefing if you can win for a reason that has nothing to do with your ingame might or skills. As for his flag being real, at least there's that now. Before you had to say: "Ah. Another RD flag. Wonderful."


Heh... so basically your saying the fact that he used the social puzzle for the Cranberry blockades should be considered griefing, and all use of the social puzzle should count as griefing because its not an ingame might or skill? So is it okay if we start using this argument for other, non blockade elements of the game?

edit: slightly changed... didnt convey my idea properly


I didn't say a thing about whether that applies to RD. I said when I would consider a blockade griefing. You were the one who applied this to that case.

The social puzzle is a skill. I specified that skills counted. I'd imagine a lot of the ocean right now views his attacks on Cranberry as griefing: his ability to win the blockade or negotiate with other people to win the blockade was far from assured, yet he exploited a vulnerability in the game's mechanic (namely, that the defenders have no worthwhile option to prevent endless attacks from the same party, even if that party can't win) to force a capitulation. I'd not equate this to "skill," or even call it "right" or "wrong." It's more of a difference in philosophy. RD views such game design holes as there for his use, I don't, and I doubt the rest of the ocean does, either.

He can't bear all the responsibility- the system allows for this type of behaviour and it needs to be changed... but, he could buy himself some points with everyone else by not using the same tactics again, if he wanted to. Entirely up to him.
----------------------------------------
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Nov 6, 2004 7:43:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Member's Avatar


Joined: Sep 19, 2003
Posts: 6716
Status: Offline
Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

Logically I cannot think of anything that hasn't already been said that supports the why. All I know is that my sense of justice's stomach is churning.

If BS has thrown in the towel, I'll be sitting on flag in a sloop during the last three rounds, even if I am alone and have no ability to influence it.


Unless I run out of rum.
----------------------------------------
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Nov 6, 2004 8:54:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
pezzazz

Member's Avatar


Joined: Aug 26, 2003
Posts: 202
Status: Offline
Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

Well it is kind of tough to pick which things are right on and which arent, isn't it? Blockading an isle every weeks seems to be not on, yet all islands should be available all the time. Then there's the argumen I got a harsh response too in one of the Apoth threads about RD's Wicked combo not being as impressive because he broke bottles to reach it. In my eyes it's not cool, for most others, it was.
I don't think we can draw a line on the issues presented over the blockade except just making it costlier to blockade, but wait, that might discourage people from blockading even once off... maybe limit a flag's allowable number of blockades per week/month? And new flags must wait a week or 2 before being allowed to blockade an isle. Heh, I like that idea.
[Nov 6, 2004 9:08:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jul 28, 2003
Posts: 7142
Status: Offline
Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

Eh. See the other thread on this ^_^ Basically, it's not very costly for anyone to blockade at the moment- and while I agree blockading should be relatively open, I also think there should be consequences if you lose or if you perform in a sloppy way. That way, you can only blockade repetitively if you're successful at it.
----------------------------------------
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Nov 6, 2004 9:13:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

Member's Avatar


Joined: Aug 15, 2003
Posts: 3839
Status: Offline
Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

54x wrote: 
Eh. See the other thread on this ^_^ Basically, it's not very costly for anyone to blockade at the moment- and while I agree blockading should be relatively open, I also think there should be consequences if you lose or if you perform in a sloppy way. That way, you can only blockade repetitively if you're successful at it.


That would be stupid. So you screw up once versus one Island, too bad. You screw up versus another, still trying to get some Island, and you mess up. Third time around, you try another, and ye still get beat. Then ye go, full with moral ready for the 4th Blockade, and oops the game punishes you for doing that. And please don't tell me you want the game to be changed if Account = Bob's Account name (WHatever it is) that the rule only applies there. Since that would be the only way to not screwover flags that "Almsot get there, but miss it barely."

Anyway, RD got Cnossos. Well, he's almost there anyway :). It's sad and pathetic that Dolzar had to totally screw up the Island and lay down 2 COnttruction sites intended to be never finished. I wonder if it's possible to tear those down, anyway.
----------------------------------------
"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."- Friedrich Hayek
[Nov 6, 2004 9:44:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates