• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 144
Posts: 144   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 23188 times and has 143 replies Next Thread
Equidae

Re: Design Egg Furniture for the Game 2010! [Deadline 25th February] Reply to this Post

Friday is the 26th, so does this contest end on Friday or the 25?? D= or is my calendar off...
Deadline is the 25th - can't believe that wasn't spotted till now!

editedit: Hah, sorry, I seem to have edited this post instead of replying with quote!
----------------------------------------
Ladyzebra of Sage
Zoaea on Dark Seas
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Apollo at Feb 21, 2010 7:27:41 AM]
[Feb 21, 2010 3:29:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

Re: Design Egg Furniture for the Game 2010! [Deadline 25th February] Reply to this Post

Yes, the deadline is approaching and it seems like there has been a low number of render requests compared to previous years - get cracking folks!
Pletoo of Sage
[Feb 21, 2010 6:47:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
caitabilar

Does the egg have to be rendered, and does it have to be on a different website?
[Feb 21, 2010 2:01:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

No, it doesn't have to be rendered (but there are folks around who are willing to do it for you so you can get it looking the way you want.)

The image does need to be hosted elsewhere such as Imageshack or Photobucket but the full image (using the link provided by the other site) needs yo be posted in the entry thread.
Pletoo of Sage
[Feb 21, 2010 2:17:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
caitabilar

how do I get my pic. into a post?
[Feb 21, 2010 2:58:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

Go to Photobucket.com , and make a free account!

Upload your picture!

Right click and copy the "Direct Link" that Photobucket gives you for the picture =D

Paste the link into your post, then highlight the link and click the "Image" button above!

Preview your post, and your picture should show! =D
~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ezmerelda_M at Feb 21, 2010 3:11:06 PM]
[Feb 21, 2010 3:07:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

Holy mother of eggs. I've been so busy havnt really kept up with forums, especially events thread. Just realized how late it is. I'll have to see what I can squeeze in to enter this year. Will be interesting.
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Feb 21, 2010 9:50:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

Holy mother of eggs. I've been so busy havnt really kept up with forums, especially events thread. Just realized how late it is. I'll have to see what I can squeeze in to enter this year. Will be interesting.

I was wondering where ye were :) for that matter I have been wondering where many folks are.
Pletoo of Sage
[Feb 21, 2010 10:04:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

I've been wondering where Fizz is...
[Feb 22, 2010 12:35:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

Deadline is the 25th - can't believe that wasn't spotted till now!

editedit: Hah, sorry, I seem to have edited this post instead of replying with quote!
Apollo made a date error- I thought I was the only man who done that...

I also feel compelled to say to players like Patetch and Adrielle to keep up the amazing work- true dedication... isn't it beautiful!
Guppyzra of the Imaginary Ocean.
Founder and Coordinator of Fight Circle

In the Name Of... ~carpe noctem
[Feb 22, 2010 9:16:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

I've been wondering where Fizz is...

I've seen her on FB alot. I know she's around...
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Feb 22, 2010 1:35:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

I also feel compelled to say to players like Patetch and Adrielle to keep up the amazing work- true dedication... isn't it beautiful!

Aw, thanx! I agree - everyone who has been rendering eggies, updating/setting up the Yppedia pages and otherwise helping out with eggies are truly eggcellent! =D
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ezmerelda_M at Feb 22, 2010 1:50:40 PM]
[Feb 22, 2010 1:47:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
vixyish

Do you render-y folks still have time to render before the deadline? I just noticed the contest was on, and I preferred last time to do my own rendering so I can tweak, but I'm having trouble getting 3ds Max this time around.
-- Vixyfish on Cerulean
[Feb 22, 2010 9:03:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.vixyandtony.com [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

Do you render-y folks still have time to render before the deadline? I just noticed the contest was on, and I preferred last time to do my own rendering so I can tweak, but I'm having trouble getting 3ds Max this time around.

Aye it is always nice to be able to have the program and tweak like crazy, but if you need us, we will still be rendering. In fact I am expecting a bunch of last minute designs in since we really haven't had that many people taking advantage of the rendering.
Pletoo of Sage
[Feb 22, 2010 9:06:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
piripuwa

Thank you renderers and YPPedians for great helps :)

If your egg is not yet on this page and you've submitted an entry to the official entry thread or you've updated your entry, you can either leave a message on the talk page here (login on YPPedia and click on the "discuss this page" tab above, then edit) or leave a note in the contest discussion thread. Make sure to paste the link to your entry post.
(From YPPedia/2010 Design Easter Eggs - Flat entries and YPPedia/2010 Design Easter Eggs - Rendered entries)

I am sorry but...
I modified one of my images for entry and I have updated my images on YPPedia. After this, I noticed that I should not have updated wiki, I should have posted message to here or note page x_x
I will be more careful in future.
Piriri of Sage. Avatar by Adrielle =)
[Feb 23, 2010 3:35:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Ahoy!

A new addition (won't make you ineligible if you don't do it, but would speed up the process if you can!):
If you've got an entry in, please edit it to indicate whether. if successful, you have any preference on your eggs being purchaseable or unpurchaseable. If you have no preference, just say that. If there's a different answer for each design, mark them up individually. Thanks!
[Feb 23, 2010 3:54:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Roeland92

If your egg is not yet on this page and you've submitted an entry to the official entry thread or you've updated your entry, you can either leave a message on the talk page here (login on YPPedia and click on the "discuss this page" tab above, then edit) or leave a note in the contest discussion thread. Make sure to paste the link to your entry post.

(From YPPedia/2010 Design Easter Eggs - Flat entries and YPPedia/2010 Design Easter Eggs - Rendered entries)

I have updated five of my eggs:
"Courorfull tiles", The three Delfware-variations and "Artistic flowers".

I thank everyone who has been working hard to render all those eggs and I wish all entrants good luck!
[Feb 23, 2010 9:04:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

I think I may have broken the YPPedia page trying to update it wtih my Imperial Egg. Rolling it back didn't seem to fix it.

No wait, that's the data page. >.> Never mind.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Benzene265 at Feb 23, 2010 10:00:05 AM]
[Feb 23, 2010 9:56:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

I seem to have lost the ability to successfully log in to edit the wiki, so if someone else would be so kind as to update my entries, I'd appreciate it.
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=2110868#2110868
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Feb 23, 2010 12:16:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

I am sorry but...
I modified one of my images for entry and I have updated my images on YPPedia. After this, I noticed that I should not have updated wiki, I should have posted message to here or note page x_x

Lol - you can update it if you like! =D The more people who help out, the better! I think that note is to help people out who have updated their entries in the entry thread but aren't sure of how to update their entries on Yppedia. =D
[Feb 23, 2010 4:24:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
vixyish

Seamless: Yes, needs to be seamless. I agree that there is some difference of opinion. (for example, people who put a different colored border around the design - the two sides now match up, but it's still a big seam down the back)! I'm afraid I don't know how the judging is affected by this. I don't think it does any harm to point out to an entrant that it's not seamless.

If you don't mind a question, I've always been curious why that is? The eggs can't be turned around in-game; only one side is ever seen, either in games or portraits.

I'm not complaining or arguing that the rule should change (after all, it's not at all hard to make them seamless). Just curious what it is that I'm missing! :)
-- Vixyfish on Cerulean
[Feb 24, 2010 1:28:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.vixyandtony.com [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

I always assumed that it simply made it easier if they wanted to choose a different orientation for the egg, since they don't all end up going the same way as furniture.
Pletoo of Sage
[Feb 24, 2010 1:38:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vixyish

Oh. Duh. *facepaw*
-- Vixyfish on Cerulean
[Feb 24, 2010 2:09:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.vixyandtony.com [Link]  Go to top 
piripuwa

I am sorry but...

Lol - you can update it if you like! =D The more people who help out, the better! I think that note is to help people out who have updated their entries in the entry thread but aren't sure of how to update their entries on Yppedia. =D

Yes. Now I've got it. Thanks to helps every time! :)
[Feb 24, 2010 2:26:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

To Royallegend - I'm PMing as well, to say that you must put all your entries in a single post, because only your first post will be considered. Edit your first post to add the other designs. I will delete the other posts.
[Feb 25, 2010 1:12:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Tryalis

Hey everyone. I just happened to notice one of my egg designs had a slight seem so I updated my "navwheel" egg and would appreciate it if the mastermind(s) behind yppedia could please update my rendered egg and remove the seamless comment if I did indeed make the proper corrections. Thank you in advance :)

My post can be found here with the updated egg

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=148717&offset=40#2121788
Joe, From Hunter
[Feb 25, 2010 6:20:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
piripuwa

Nice to meet you Joe,

Hey everyone. I just happened to notice one of my egg designs had a slight seem so I updated my "navwheel" egg and would appreciate it if the mastermind(s) behind yppedia could please update my rendered egg and remove the seamless comment if I did indeed make the proper corrections. Thank you in advance :)

My post can be found here with the updated egg

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=148717&offset=40#2121788

I'm afraid, I am not "mastermind behind yppedia"...but I updateing YPPedia XD

Please see the followings links and confirm the articles are corrected:
* Addison's Easter egg workshop
*YPPedia/2010 Design Easter Eggs - Flat entries
*YPPedia/2010 Design Easter Eggs - Rendered entries.

thank you :)
[Feb 25, 2010 7:28:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lowko456

i subsituted entry 6 for another entry , if you could edit that too , and sorry , i didnt have time to get it rendered
globular avatars
lowko on the viridian
[Feb 25, 2010 7:29:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

Oh dear...why was I thinking the deadline was tomorrow?

Now I suppose I need to stop tweaking and coming up with new ideas and trying different color combinations and sit down and sort through the 350+ eggs I have made and settle on 8.

(I was having fun and got a bit carried away!)

Also, I look back at some of my entries from previous years and think, "Now why did I enter that? It is kind of ugly." :p
(Of course there are some that I still really like that are still up for consideration among the other hundreds.)
Pletoo of Sage
[Feb 25, 2010 7:50:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

Now I suppose I need to stop tweaking and coming up with new ideas and trying different color combinations and sit down and sort through the 350+ eggs I have made and settle on 8.

That's almost 44 years worth of egg contests!
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Feb 25, 2010 8:52:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 144   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates