• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 937 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
jueves1

QM Problem (for developers of QM) Reply to this Post

I don't know if QM is already left to its luck, or if the person who developed is still around. The thing is that I wanted to use it, but it doesn't appear JADE on the oceans lists, so it makes it imposible to use it.

Anyone knows if the dev is still around?

Thank you!
----------------------------------------
Camioneta en Jade.
Frozendemon en Sage.

GAME OVER
[Jan 1, 2010 9:07:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Re: QM Problem (for developers of QM) Reply to this Post

I think they've not been quite so active of late. The solution, however, is simple for you to fix on your own:

• Navigate to where you've installed Quartermaster (for me it's directly in the C:\ folder, but it's probably not the same for you) - make sure Quartermaster is closed first.
  • Open the file Config.txt (make a backup copy of it first if you're worried about messing things up, but it should be ok if you follow these steps). Make sure you don't delete anything that's already in the file. Add each of the following on their own lines:

• Under "ALL OCEANS" add Jade
    • Under "ALL LANGUAGES" add Spanish
    • Under "NATIVE LANGUAGES" add Jade=Spanish (or Jade=English if you're using English settings instead).
    • If you so desire, you can also scroll down to "OCEANMASTERS" and add Atropos and Clotho (each on her own line, as before) but that's not quite so important.

• Save and close the file.
  • Run Quartermaster. Enjoy.

[Jan 1, 2010 12:52:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jueves1

Thank you for your reply.

I did every step you told me, but it just doesn't work. It says that is unable to find the game (and the route I mark is the correct). Any idea?
Camioneta en Jade.
Frozendemon en Sage.

GAME OVER
[Jan 5, 2010 12:21:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

I'm gonna hazard that adding Spanish support is most likely not as easy as simply modifying the config.txt file. This one's probably gonna require a fix from the creators. =)

Edit: To expand on this a little, I got the "can't find client" message when I logged in to Jade in Spanish. If I change the client language to English, it works just fine. Possibly you can simply run with the client in English until they update QM.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Belthazar451 at Jan 5, 2010 3:02:26 AM]
[Jan 5, 2010 2:58:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

Is there a way of adding rigging to the pirate stats in QM ?
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Jan 5, 2010 10:34:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates