• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 305
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 23315 times and has 304 replies Next Thread
muffy

Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

LongJohnGrey wrote: 
Rif, how early in Alpha did you start up? Are you really one of the first 100 players? No, can't be -- your joined date puts you between the 7th and 8th alpha release.

No, I'm sure I wasn't that early. I started in March of 2003, as I recall. There used to be as many as 30(!) people online at any one time when I would log on...*grin*.

I did, however, run one of the initial set of shops, join one of the first flags (possibly even the first one, as Hom and I experimented with 'em as soon as they came out), handle a huge lump of trading when commodities were first introduced, and play a significant part in developing one of the first (and arguably the best - Guava) islands colonized in Azure. So I know something about the financial obligations taken on when running shops or islands.

And aye, I've participated in a few blockades...heh.
----------------------------------------
[Jul 16, 2004 8:36:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CookieMonstr

I apoligize for my lack of replies regarding this important matters. I've been away all day, and will be slow to respond over the next 24 hours as well.

As I have stated in the ohter big thread, I have no vested interest in Cnossos, so I would do just what is needed to maintain tax rates and prevent further shop building unless the shop owners unanimously decide they watn a shop - although this point may be moot if Dolzar has already begun construction on new bazaars...

OH, and Dolzar should realize the consequences of making a blockade sinking - he will be at war.
C BE FER COOKIE
AND THAT BE GOOD ENOUGH FER ME!

--
Fizban tells you, "you are a copyright suit waiting to happen....lol"
[Jul 16, 2004 1:09:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sesamestreet.com [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

CookieMonstr wrote: 
OH, and Dolzar should realize the consequences of making a blockade sinking - he will be at war.

Can I join your flag for a bit if he does make it sinking? =D
[Jul 16, 2004 1:16:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piggerina

Go back to where you come from and leave Cnossos alone. If the "shopkeepers" are so unhappy they can do it themselves.

I think this entire business has been disgraceful.

Hogwash
Hogwash on the Midnight Ocean
[Jul 16, 2004 3:11:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

RaytheRigga wrote: 
RobertDonald wrote: 
Warchest is more like 500k.

I'll pledge 4 brigs and a war frig, just for fun.

EDIT: Cleaver just dropped the blockade fee in half. Someone else go check the new price.

All who wish to attack Cnossos, know that ye side with RobertDonald.

I would say more, but I think that says it all.

I think RD only determines anything when it's him and his (lack of) principles that are behind it, not when he simply decides who he supports. Besides, RD supporting something is not the same as RD thinking it up.
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Jul 16, 2004 6:16:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
ukronin

RaytheRigga wrote: 
RobertDonald wrote: 

EDIT: Cleaver just dropped the blockade fee in half. Someone else go check the new price.

To quote someone famous who's name escapes me:
The Enemy of my Enemy is my friend.
Starwind - Namelsss Corsairs, Looterati

Hermes says, "That's one"
[Jul 16, 2004 10:41:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    starwindtheloot [Link]  Go to top 
CookieMonstr

Piggerina wrote: 
Go back to where you come from and leave Cnossos alone. If the "shopkeepers" are so unhappy they can do it themselves.

Hogwash

NOt to make an example of you, but politeness goes a long way as well and keeps these threads civil, for your future reference. A few people could have used some more tact here.

I have recieved some PMs regarding Buri earliest post about me staying governor. I have thought about it quite a bit, and based off some different things, it would most likely not be prudent for me to stay govorner of hte island. I would hand it off to a council of shopkeepers.

THe percieved problem was that Dolzar was messing around with teh taxes, and the shop owners were not happy by it. My solution was to set teh taxes to a maintain cost and allow people to see it by temporarily joining my flag and I would make them governor. Of course that does not work well if I do not stay govorner, but it would be best regarding worries that Drabillord's flag may influence decisions here.

As it stands now, I most likely will not go ahead with this due to lack of support. According to Disciples post, 3 shop owners have more or less already voted no. Only a few people have offered some stuff to cover the above costs. THe rest seem to be people either flexing their muscles or general random tarting.
C BE FER COOKIE

--
[Jul 16, 2004 11:10:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sesamestreet.com [Link]  Go to top 
Smolder

Im all for the taking of Cnossos. I believe that these things, such as owning islands, should change hands frequently. Thats part of the fun in this game for me. Kinda like a high stakes game of king of the hill. What happens when all the islands are colonized and no one wants to challenge anyone for governship? Well, i guess then that aspect of the game will become null.

Cookiemonstr, ill donate 2 sloops and a cutter along with 250 shot for the taking of Cnossos, Sinking or Non-Sinking, its all the same to me =)
-Harding
[Jul 17, 2004 12:21:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
VPeric

Yeah, and I'll donate err... *counts poe* 1K (Hey, that's all I got) to ye, if it matters. (Yeah, didn't think so! :D )
Wlada, Former King of Bloody Hell and former Captain of Sudden Death, Cobalt.
Vlada, Officer of the Rudder Royals, Azure.
[Jul 17, 2004 12:33:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Broctannn

Yeah, and I'll donate err... *counts poe* 1K (Hey, that's all I got) to ye, if it matters. (Yeah, didn't think so! :D )

Any good rebellion relies on a mass of small contributions, not a few rich supporters. A few rich supporters makes it a military takeover, not the will of the people, no matter what the intentions may be.
[Jul 17, 2004 5:26:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
VPeric

Maybe, but it must also be said that I have absolutely no interest in Cnossos, seeing as I can't find a way to pay for the game (see my thread in this forum "Ye Story of pirates of old") and I'm already in Equinox (we have an island, even!). I'd just really like the blockade to happen, so I though I'd pitch in! :D I actually want this to be my first blockade ever, but I might do something in the current Heph one. ;)
[Jul 17, 2004 5:30:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stripey2004

Calm down.... You have an Island, everyone else has a right to take it. Whether or not they are successful is not the main issue here. The fact that some people are speaking out against govenors and large flags is the beauty of this situation. I have NOTHING against BS or anyone for that matter because i am neutral.

However, i think that it is slightly out of order to be put out about the fact that people are critisizing. Such is the nature of democracy. Also, what is the difference between Cnossos' inhabitants wanting a change of leader ship, and BS's opinion that they could run Cnossos better than Vilya.

I think that it is great that we are seeing protests against rulers other then the ringers. So far, "War" has been tame and whenever anyone has conquered an island everyone has just got on with it. Its great to see some diversity and some unrest, keeps us all sane.

I am not blasting large, island owning flags and saying everyone should rise up against them, after all my own flag is not tiny. I just hate the fact that a potentially facinating situation is made so hostile in a short amount of time (in the forums.) Everyone who has posted has a perfectly valid opinion, i just think we need to take a step back and breathe for a moment... Even though its a supurb one, its only a game.
Featherfin
SO - Ransack Marauders, Lord - Marauders Pact
YPPedia administrator | Island Designer
"What's the Welsh for sea cucumber?" - Orsino
[Jul 17, 2004 6:32:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeatherfinYIPP [Link]  Go to top 
stripey2004

Kudos to Smoulder and Broctann by the way.
Featherfin
SO - Ransack Marauders, Lord - Marauders Pact
YPPedia administrator | Island Designer
"What's the Welsh for sea cucumber?" - Orsino
[Jul 17, 2004 6:34:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeatherfinYIPP [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

CookieMonstr wrote: 
Piggerina wrote: 

Hogwash

NOt to make an example of you, but politeness goes a long way as well and keeps these threads civil, for your future reference. A few people could have used some more tact here.

I have recieved some PMs regarding Buri earliest post about me staying governor. I have thought about it quite a bit, and based off some different things, it would most likely not be prudent for me to stay govorner of hte island. I would hand it off to a council of shopkeepers.

THe percieved problem was that Dolzar was messing around with teh taxes, and the shop owners were not happy by it. My solution was to set teh taxes to a maintain cost and allow people to see it by temporarily joining my flag and I would make them governor. Of course that does not work well if I do not stay govorner, but it would be best regarding worries that Drabillord's flag may influence decisions here.

As it stands now, I most likely will not go ahead with this due to lack of support. According to Disciples post, 3 shop owners have more or less already voted no. Only a few people have offered some stuff to cover the above costs. THe rest seem to be people either flexing their muscles or general random tarting.

Three things, one of which does not involve the quote.

1) Mr. Hogwash is generally a VERY polite gentleman, but 'e got worked up over the blockade of WS, it being his home, and he got the same over this island, seeing as it's govenor is a very good friend of his.

2)I, now being home from working in the kitchens at a Cub Scout camp, will celebrate by eating the left overs now instead of later. (That means frosting, rice, and lasagna!)

3)So are you that Geran guy or whatever that came into Uglyjoe's shipyard and questioned us about a blockade? Then he told you to leave unless you weren't hiding in an alt and I pointed out that I was a Lord (now prince) of Black Sails (BS sounds so derogative (spelling probably?)) and if so, this isn't very "low political"
The Dread Pirates Robinson & Barthes, LLC

The poor complain; they always do. But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all. At least, to all who matter.

[Jul 18, 2004 5:38:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Betialai

54x wrote: 
RaytheRigga wrote: 
RobertDonald wrote: 

I think RD only determines anything when it's him and his (lack of) principles that are behind it, not when he simply decides who he supports. Besides, RD supporting something is not the same as RD thinking it up.

Now he is thinking it up. Cnossos blockade to begin in a few hours.
Betialai
Taskmaster of White Rose
[Oct 27, 2004 7:53:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BotHunter

hope its sinking lol
[Oct 28, 2004 1:14:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

Is this actually happening? This is a bump of an over three-month-old request.
Fujiko on Cerulean.
WTB: Mako ships, penguins, Neerie's prize-winning egg (a card suits one,) more of Greylady's sixth prize-winning eggs (the penguin one.)
[Oct 28, 2004 1:28:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRug

Fujiko wrote: 
Is this actually happening? This is a bump of an over three-month-old request.

I wasn't sure either, so I checked. Yep, Scallywag Syndicate is actually blockading Cnossos. First round starts Oct. 29, at 1:00 AM PDT.[size=9] (I think I translated my timezone correctly, please confirm on your own, do not make any purchases on the basis of this information, offer not valid in Azure.)

-Rugsby
-Rugsby, formerly of Midnight and now of HunterEmerald

no .sig, no .plan, no .clue
[Oct 28, 2004 1:51:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

Thanks! I'm at work, so I can't log in.

Hey! That disables the only way to navy (and some of us still navy) from Diamond to Emerald that day. Grmpf.

This is likely irrelevant, as I'll just whisk. But still, an unjustified grmpf to that.
Fujiko on Cerulean.
WTB: Mako ships, penguins, Neerie's prize-winning egg (a card suits one,) more of Greylady's sixth prize-winning eggs (the penguin one.)
[Oct 28, 2004 2:01:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vurogj

I think it's the reverse in fact, it disables navying from Emerald to Diamond, as Guava navy ships won't be able to port at Cnossos. Any Cnossos navy ships on the interarch when the blockade starts will still be able to port at Guava, so it will be possible to get to Emerald.
Older, crankier,
still haz da phat haiku skillz.
Tawnee on Midnight.
Apollo says, "Tawnee, I should have known you were involved."
[Oct 28, 2004 2:35:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    vurogj    vurojg [Link]  Go to top 
WhoIsYou

I've heard Dolzar has removed all the Cnossos navy ships in case RD wins the island. If that's true, then there will be no whisks going either way.
WhoIsYou
- Scurviest dog in the sea (Could ye spare an orange?)
[Oct 28, 2004 2:49:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizthegrey
Developer (retired)

If that's the case, I will provide free whisks to Emerald. Just send me a /tell if I'm online.
[Oct 28, 2004 2:51:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://plus.google.com/106912596786226524817/posts [Link]  Go to top 
CookieMonstr

Cookiemonstr has nothing to do with this blockade and changed the title to reflect that.
C BE FER COOKIE

--
[Oct 28, 2004 2:58:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sesamestreet.com [Link]  Go to top 
Dolzar

There is still a Navy. that goes from jet to diamond, hitting most ports inbetween.
~Dolzar~
Scapegoat of Red Dawn, and for the rest of the ocean as well!
[Oct 28, 2004 3:18:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Akumu

Dolzar wrote: 
There is still a Navy. that goes from jet to diamond, hitting most ports inbetween.

I thought navy was restricted to routes between your island and the next... Did I miss a change?
[Oct 28, 2004 3:30:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    muteakumu [Link]  Go to top 
VPeric

Dolzar wrote: 

I'm confused.
[Oct 28, 2004 3:39:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dolzar

If that was something new in the update, then I am wrong, I know it has charts on it to go all the way to Xi. (point still being there is a Navy ship running)
~Dolzar~
Scapegoat of Red Dawn, and for the rest of the ocean as well!
[Oct 28, 2004 3:47:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kj7rat

From the most recent release notes:

Naval vessels can be decommissioned. They will also no longer sail any route that does not contain their home island. They no longer need to serve as an ad-hoc inter-archipelago ferry service because the whisk potion can be used to accomplish inter-archipelago travel directly.

[size=9]edit: What a boring 100th post. :P - Kazen
~Kazen, Senior Officer of Six Leagues Under~
[Oct 28, 2004 3:52:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://kj7rat.blogspot.com [Link]  Go to top 
BotHunter

Dolzar is it going to be a sinking blockade?
[Oct 28, 2004 3:54:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KoshMom

Isn't there a route from jet thru coral to diamond? have navy ships been set up to go from Chaparral to wherever, and from Park to Oyster?
Avasta, Past Governor of Namath, captain of Ye Hardy Mates, of the flag RIOT
[Oct 28, 2004 3:55:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates