• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 16
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4910 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
jenn_8811

Adding Shortkeys for Greeters? Reply to this Post

As a greeter, the shortkey list has become my friend, and I use it constantly. As such, I am still getting asked questions that have no shortkey for them, and it would be super handy if we, as greeters, can make suggestions for adding shortkeys to the list. Also, most importantly, I guess this is to ask if we can see if it is possible to add them in general...

2 of my most frequently asked questions with no shortkey:

"Why is your name pink?"
"How can I get a pet?"

Greeters feel free to add your most frequently asked questions as well.

Im not 100% sure I posted this in the right forum, but I felt this was as close as I could get to the right one.
----------------------------------------
Azrulian of the Viridian Ocean
SO of the Soul Collectors
[Dec 9, 2006 9:46:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Re: Adding Shortkeys for Greeters? Reply to this Post

Someone requested a shortkey to explain name colors in this thread:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=52057

Such a shortkey apparently exists but is disabled due to the line length restriction on mogrifications (i.e. text substitution).

As for pets aside from the free pet rat, faqpshop could be used to direct greenies to the palace shoppe, although it is a generic message and not specifically about pets.

Faulkston,
linky
[Dec 9, 2006 10:25:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
CKShinrai

Such a shortkey apparently exists but is disabled due to the line length restriction on mogrifications (i.e. text substitution).

The ones that don't fit are pretty damned useful, too. I don't understand why there can't just be an exception coded for them.
Erfan wrote: 
OUR SUPER IMPORTANT LORD SHINRAI THE HEDGEHOG

[Dec 9, 2006 10:47:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

Or just reword the long ones.
[Dec 9, 2006 10:54:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

Q: "How can I make the red boxes stop? They're annoying"
A: "Unfortunately the only ay to make all of them stop is time. You need to not have a green name to make them stop, but then you lose access to the button that you used to get hold of me to ask me as well."

~Phoenix
Pointing out another problem
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Dec 10, 2006 2:50:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KingOfZeal

A: "Unfortunately the only ay to make all of them stop is time. You need to not have a green name to make them stop, but then you lose access to the button that you used to get hold of me to ask me as well."

~Phoenix

Red boxes? Am I missing something again?

I was a greenie so long ago... I don't remember anything like this, nor have I gotten any questions remotely like this.
Yamorg, Captain and Navigator
Founder, Privately Funded Pirates Association©
Midnight Ocean

[14:37:38] Mystere says, "Those without a barnacle , please come aboard the Pretty Gar"

[Dec 10, 2006 6:40:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    KingOfZeal [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

~Phoenix

Red boxes? Am I missing something again?

I was a greenie so long ago... I don't remember anything like this, nor have I gotten any questions remotely like this.

Greenie broadcasts. And the fact that some people broadcast way to often, sitting around timing when it's allowed to do another one. Forgetting that the required time between broadcasts is a minimum and doesn't mean there should be one that often, and that less is better.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Dec 10, 2006 6:55:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jenn_8811

As for pets aside from the free pet rat, faqpshop could be used to direct greenies to the palace shoppe, although it is a generic message and not specifically about pets.

Well, even then, a shortkey about the free pet rat would be nice. I think for greenies, as new as they are to the game, giving them the details about what they ask for would be a nice shortkey.

More questions Ive been asked often that just came to me:

"What do missions do?/What are missions?"
When seeing pets on the dock of a given island: "Are these pets mine?" Course, I say no, then it begins a flurry of questions
Azrulian of the Viridian Ocean
SO of the Soul Collectors
[Dec 10, 2006 1:06:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

Q: "Where's my rat/pet?"
A: "Only the governor's pets show up outside on an island, and only the owner's pets show up at the inn. In the case of other shoppes, stalls, houses, ships, and so on, it's up to the owner if they want to have pets visible or not."
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Dec 10, 2006 2:20:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bonjella

In the greeter FAQ it lists a transmog for teaming, but it's too long for the chat box - I propose this:

Swordfighting is most effective when you team on your opponents in 2s or 3s. To target an opponent click their face on the right. The dots indicate how many pirates are already targeting. Choose your target to form teams

Original:

* faqteam - Swordfighting is most effective when you team up upon your opponents, with three pirates on your side attacking one pirate on the other side. To target an opponent, click his/her face on the right. You'll notice a series of dots indicating how many pirates are already targeting that opponent - choose your target so that you form a team of three.

Thoughts?

Amy
Ex-SO of Moonlitwake, member of the flag Moonlighting on Midnight
Ex-Captain of Dragon's Horde and Ex-Queen of the RiddleMakers on Viridian
Minister of Technology for RiddleMakers
Gov of Labby
www.RiddleMakers.org
[May 30, 2007 10:33:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.cunningcode.com/moonlighting [Link]  Go to top 
Spiritsoar

In the greeter FAQ it lists a transmog for teaming, but it's too long for the chat box - I propose this:

Swordfighting is most effective when you team on your opponents in 2s or 3s. To target an opponent click their face on the right. The dots indicate how many pirates are already targeting. Choose your target to form teams

Original:

* faqteam - Swordfighting is most effective when you team up upon your opponents, with three pirates on your side attacking one pirate on the other side. To target an opponent, click his/her face on the right. You'll notice a series of dots indicating how many pirates are already targeting that opponent - choose your target so that you form a team of three.

Thoughts?

Amy

These are the two I use via Quartermaster Autochat:

/vessel The pirate you are fighting is highlighted in white. If the pirate you are fighting has one dot beside or more than 3, move to (click on) a different pirate to fight.

/vessel The pirate you are fighting is highlighted in white. If the pirate you are fighting has less than 3 dots beside or more than 5, move to (click on) a different pirate to fight. (Rumble)

These both fit within one message

On that note, if you're capable of using QM2, it makes 24 extra shortkeys avaliable, which are easily programmable to answer any question you get frequently. I also think that these are much more versitile than shortkeys for certain situations like this one, as targeting techniques are particular to different COs, and it is unlikely that OOO would ever endorse one preference by coding it into a shortkey.
Spiritsoar
Senior Officer of White Rose
Member of Blood and Roses
[May 30, 2007 2:22:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Icadhore

Q: Can you give me money?
A: No, ye have to earn it like everybody else.
Asatoth

Fleet Officer of the Titans
Lieutenant Commander of the Navy
[Jun 25, 2007 7:00:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SiriusKase

I like the wiki and frequently suggest that greeters/greenies/others get familiar with it. But, it it time consuming to type in the link. I suggest that someone create a shortkey, "faqwiki", that would be similar to "faqtos". I suggest that the the replacement text be:

This topic is discussed in the Puzzle Pirates wiki,
the YYPedia: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/

Notice that this redirects to http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Main_Page, unless you immediately type a key word such as "Missions" or "Greeter" or anything else that's in the YYPedia.
Siriuskase in all oceans

Viridian: IM stall on Napi Peak
Weaving stalls on Napie Peak and Lima
Distilleries on Lima, Windward Vale, and Jubilee
[Dec 17, 2007 9:35:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ennairrek

Alot of Greenies ask me:

Q: How much is a Subscription in English Pounds?

and

alot of them ask me When the free days for games are and personally i was a sub about a week after starting so ive never really needed to know these things.
ex - Kezy - Cobalt ;D

Kellie tells ye, "Gimme a K! K. GImme a E! E. Gimme a R R Y! R R Y. What does that spell! SEXY.&q
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ennairrek at Dec 28, 2008 12:08:45 PM]
[Dec 28, 2008 12:07:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LESkids

Ive Been a greeter for the last year and a half but...

Either no greenies ask me anything (well maybe one question a week)

Or... i dont know what to say. (and 'yes' i use the short keys) what should i do?
Mrbig:

Sails the cobalt ocean!

Fireguy:

Sails the midnight ocean!

When you get to the end of your rope make a knot and
hang on.

[Mar 16, 2009 7:51:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

I do not understand your question.

Emerson,
I mean the question in the above post, not "Use 'I do not understand the question' as your response."
Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[Mar 16, 2009 10:20:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates