• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 74
Posts: 74   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7052 times and has 73 replies Next Thread
Jirges

Wicked Peace defends Ilha da Aguia!

Come help Wicked Peace defend the Isle of The Eagles! (thats Ilha da Aguia).

Blockade tomorrow (Saturday) January 31st
When: 12 noon game time
Sinking!
JC's: Jobwp
Pay to match to start.

This week I had more time so I made a completly original intent video. I do think this breaks new groud as I have included myself, actual person into it. Hope you enjoy.

Super Original Intent Video

Edit: Added JC name
----------------------------------------
Mentos ~ Wicked Peace

Mentos says, "im a tart huh? i thought mentos were sweet?"
Ladysheena says, "you're the sour apple kind"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jirges at Jan 30, 2009 7:36:59 PM]
[Jan 30, 2009 12:22:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ascotte

Re: Wicked Peace defends Ilha da Aguia!

We love lego <3

And who's is the lovely voice we hear? Mentos? ^_^

Good luck again!
Ascotte,
member of the White Seahorse Club.
Playing on Emerald

"East-West, Huntards are best!"

tells ye, "You invented forum cades"

[Jan 30, 2009 12:49:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thenatedogg

Of course best of luck to you guys you have our jobbing support and whatever else u may need just contact me in game and don't worry gonna post flag issue to let my flag know what's up for those not as cool as some of us who check the notice board and forums :p
Hollistermod of the Continuum/Collective
Mattatron on Obsidian
[Jan 30, 2009 6:00:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dwizzles

I can't believe I watched close to five minutes of that...

I also cannot believe that I thought that was hilarious, and the lego man was superb. :)

I'm looking forward to a great kade.
-Dwizzles/Dwizztwo
-Good Night (but Illuminatti forever)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dwizzles at Jan 30, 2009 7:40:18 PM]
[Jan 30, 2009 6:08:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

Amazing intent vid, you dont need sleeping pills when you can watch a dude cut outta paper bounce around to opera for five minutes, how this should be related to the upcoming cade, i cant really understand. Good Luck
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Jan 30, 2009 6:49:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imstewpid

I can't make this one but good luck WP!!!!
Th video.... was definately very.... original.
Imstewpid on Hunter
Retired for now
[Jan 30, 2009 7:18:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jirges

Updated info with jobbing contact, JC will be Jobwp.
Mentos ~ Wicked Peace

[Jan 30, 2009 7:38:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Selith4

making an alt on hunter
JUST cause of that intent
Its all kinds of fantastic
All problems in life can be solved by duct tape and WD-40
If it should move and doesn't, use WD-40
If it shouldn't move and does, use duct tape

Selith on Viridian
SO of Dark Dynasty
Lord of WoA
[Jan 30, 2009 7:48:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thawix

i'll be there! (the video made me actually lol)
Thawixx on Obsidian

Retired
unretired
RE-retired

un-re-retired after hearing the call of the dark seas!
[Jan 31, 2009 3:19:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
katem71

I almost thought that was real, until I spotted the piece of sticky tape holding the crows nest up....pirates didn't have sticky tape, Mentos!

:p

Good luck Wicked Peace, I'll be there for one of my fave flags on Hunter <3
Keight
[Jan 31, 2009 8:53:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzlyly

Oh! good luck Wicked Peace
Kickhead on Hunter

Kickie forced Clotho to walk the plank.
Clotho has left the vessel.

[Jan 31, 2009 11:58:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
swintsky

First off, thanks to all the pirates that came out to support WP today. We couldn't have contended as much as we have without you. Unfortunately, poe outranks skill in a lot of areas, and the costs of this series of blockades was just outrageous, so congrats to RD for buying their medium island, you've successfully won via the attrition thru paywar method of blockading.

I'd like to personally thank all the flags that came out in support of us today, allied and non-allied alike. We had great navvers on the board, but it was the great jobbers that made their jobs so easy through the first 2 rounds. So again thank you.

The customary thank you list of navvers: Dalnoth, Gunnermooch, Wooden, Tommers, Demoncowboy, Dingybeard, Mentos, Thawix, and our reserved navvers that waited so patiently for their chance to nav this blockade. Also thanks to all the great XOs (I know I'll miss a few of you since I only made it 2 rounds) Annabelle, Godoftheseas, Athens, Kevk (great first blockade mate you will make a truly great member of someone's cade team), Nahemah (you are truly one great ally) and as well as our JCs, Ladysheena, Shortntarty, and the ever wonderful Keight.

What's in Wicked Peace's future? Who knows. We still have a good size fleet, a great flag, and another island to care for. One thing's for sure is that you will see us on a blockade board again in the future, either as a contender or a troublemaker.

Once again, congrats Requited Desire for a well fought blockade/pay war. Enjoy your new island.

Dingybeard.

P.S. Kudos to Demoncowboy and Mentos for refusing to lay down and keeping the fight going even after we offically conceded. You guys are nuts.
Seadog wrote

Edit: Just realised my post wasn't nearly offensive enough, but anyway, please be mortally offended

[Jan 31, 2009 5:25:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
katem71

Love you guys. So sorry for this loss, the better flag didn't win this time.

Good luck with that trouble making, hope I'm invited along for the fun :)
Keight
[Jan 31, 2009 5:42:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elbeejay

Sorry to hear this. Although I couldn't make it, I'm sure it was a well contested blockade while it was still competitive..
-Elbee on Hunter, Sage, Viridian, and Malachite
[Jan 31, 2009 5:53:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ascotte

A real 5-rounder!
Perhaps this was the blockade that Ilha missed when it opened.

Congrats to both side for fighting well and long. Think everyone enjoyed it!
Ascotte,
Playing on Emerald

[Jan 31, 2009 5:59:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzlyly

Aww sorry WP next time.
Kickhead on Hunter

Kickie forced Clotho to walk the plank.
Clotho has left the vessel.

[Jan 31, 2009 6:17:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jirges

A real 5-rounder!
Perhaps this was the blockade that Ilha missed when it opened.

Congrats to both side for fighting well and long. Think everyone enjoyed it!

If - by real 5 rounder- you mean a blockade where one side was convincingly leading until they ran out of poe and it dragged on for 2 rounds that were only contested by people willing to donate time, then yes. It really did go 5 rounds, although not a single round was close.

As for everyone enjoying it... thats debateable. I've refrained from posting anything cause the taste still lingers, but I'll write something soon. I got to find a way to word it so as to insult the most people possible.
Mentos ~ Wicked Peace

[Jan 31, 2009 11:10:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ascotte

Mentos wrote: 
If - by real 5 rounder- you mean a blockade where one side was convincingly leading until they ran out of poe and it dragged on for 2 rounds that were only contested by people willing to donate time, then yes. It really did go 5 rounds, although not a single round was close.

Yeah it was a bad pay war. I guess it started since RD was so late in jobbing and so much behind in it too at first.
But I don't really get why pay wasn't just dropped a bit by both sides then during a round. That would have made things easier.
Sounds easy, and is kinda easy too.
So I think that eventually it was a blockade worth spending your time in, but that's just me.

Mentos wrote: 
As for everyone enjoying it... thats debateable. I've refrained from posting anything cause the taste still lingers, but I'll write something soon. I got to find a way to word it so as to insult the most people possible.

I think this is already pretty clear.
Ascotte,
Playing on Emerald

[Feb 1, 2009 1:54:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
slimbutt

Typical.
Side A uses mostly navs and XO's not in their flag; not even allies.
Side B uses poe. Probably from an outside source; not their flag or an allie.
Want to make an easy 20K?
Pwn /fw Blood in the Water in PVP.
Post a screenshot of the start of the SF in any Hunter Parley thread.
[Feb 1, 2009 2:24:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ils_x3

Very nice job RD !
Nice naving WP and Dalnoth :).
Xanover
Captain Of ''Trust''
King of "Veritas Vincit"
Former Prince of "Saltatio Mortis"
Former Prince of ''Beyond the veil''
Former Governor of Iocane Island, Paihia Island and Ilha da Aguia.
[Feb 1, 2009 2:44:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thawix

it was fun cade and good experience to me, that's most important to me. Too bad we lost the island, hope we have better luck next time :-)
Thawixx on Obsidian

Retired
unretired
RE-retired

un-re-retired after hearing the call of the dark seas!
[Feb 1, 2009 8:06:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
swintsky

Mentos wrote: 

Yeah it was a bad pay war. I guess it started since RD was so late in jobbing and so much behind in it too at first.
But I don't really get why pay wasn't just dropped a bit by both sides then during a round. That would have made things easier.
Sounds easy, and is kinda easy too.
So I think that eventually it was a blockade worth spending your time in, but that's just me.

Mentos wrote: 

I think this is already pretty clear.

Kinda hard to drop pay when the other side is constantly raising pay. Besides, pay can't be lowered during a round.
Seadog wrote

Edit: Just realised my post wasn't nearly offensive enough, but anyway, please be mortally offended

[Edit 1 times, last edit by swintsky at Feb 1, 2009 5:34:02 PM]
[Feb 1, 2009 5:30:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ascotte

yeah, srry meant during a break in between rounds, there it can be.
They were behind in jobbing and at a certain point it was equal and then you guys ran behind in jobbers.
I don't know about this time, but personally I noticed that sometimes all I have to do is ask and talk to the person in charge.

Anyway I'm sure WP is not done yet, they have been around too long for that.
Ascotte,
Playing on Emerald

[Feb 2, 2009 12:25:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ils_x3

Dingybeard wrote:
Once again, congrats Requited Desire for a well fought blockade/pay war. Enjoy your new island.

Dingybeard is your post a kind of defence for losing the island?
In your post you write all the time that the paywar from Requited Desires made Wicked Peace lose the blockade. With this post I will remember you that Wicked Peace started to raise the payment, Wicked Peace raised to 2150 poe/segment. Requited Desires replied only on your pay-raise.
Xanover
Captain Of ''Trust''
King of "Veritas Vincit"
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Ils_x3 at Feb 2, 2009 8:59:42 AM]
[Feb 2, 2009 8:54:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jirges

Wicked peace started out paying 400/segment. RD raised pay all the way to 2k/segment.

So, to summarize:

RD raised pay 1,600 poe/segment.
WP raised pay 150 poe/segment.
Mentos ~ Wicked Peace

[Feb 2, 2009 9:02:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ils_x3

Both flags were paying equal till Wicked Peace raised to 2150 poe.
But it was a nice blockade were the best flag won and that's nothing to do with the payment if both flags were paying 2150 at the end.
Xanover
Captain Of ''Trust''
King of "Veritas Vincit"
[Feb 2, 2009 9:08:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jirges

What happened at the end was different then what happened at the beginning.

I'm going to assume you were only around for round 3. What happened at the beginning was I made a vast and profound miscalculation that cost us the blockade.

WP put up their offer of 400/seg about 50 minutes prior to the blockade. We had jobbed roughly 30-40 jobbers before RD put their offer up. They started at 750, a 350 raise. Now here is where WP lost the blockade. Instead of keeping our pay even and letting them pull even in jobbers or pass us (which is what happened last week) I made the decision to match their pay and try and keep our jobbers. I could dance around the issue and say I felt I owed it to my jobbers, but that would be a lie. I wanted to keep the advantage WP had in other areas by keeping the poe element level.

This is what lost WP the blockade. RD was prepared to keeping upping pay, and they did so liberally. Finally in round 2 they raised to the point where they finally made up that 40 jobber gap and overtook us in round 3. By that time the pay was so high, WP didnt think it was logical to spend anymore on a built up medium.

In retrospect, I should have allowed them to pull even in jobbers, or made an agreement with them on some sort of jobber pay-to-jobber number cap. It would have allowed for a more even blockade through all the rounds.

My bad.

There is a new dynamic of blockade organization, planning, and execution and I simply have not adapted the that new way yet.
Mentos ~ Wicked Peace

[Feb 2, 2009 9:45:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
swintsky

Dingybeard wrote:

Dingybeard is your post a kind of defence for losing the island?
In your post you write all the time that the paywar from Requited Desires made Wicked Peace lose the blockade. With this post I will remember you that Wicked Peace started to raise the payment, Wicked Peace raised to 2150 poe/segment. Requited Desires replied only on your pay-raise.

Actually, we matched every raise made by RD through out the blockade, the last and final raise, 4 minutes before start of round 3 was by us, true. What isn't true is that we instigated every pay raise. We even waited to match their previous raises to allow them to get some jobbers.

Is the reason we lost because we ran short of poe, yes. Did RD outnav/outjob or outplay us in other area other than pay? No, and that can be seen by the very fact they had to continually raise pay throughout the blockade.

So, Xanover, either you weren't there for the entire cade, or you think 2150 was the pay for a lot longer than it was. Could we have continued on with the blockade? Actually, yes, but going into huge debt to other flags or putting large amounts of money into this game isn't something I'm willing to do. So did RD win the blockade on poe alone? They were beaten on the board for 2 straight rounds, convincingly i might add. The flag ahead in rounds, needing only one more to go pulls out because of pay issues. So, RD, and their backers in BTV accomplished their goals and won the only way they know how.

But it was a nice blockade were the best flag won and that's nothing to do with the payment if both flags were paying 2150 at the end.

No, both flags were not paying equal. The pay had to get up that high somehow, if pay started at 400 for WP and 750 for RD. Are you the only person that doesn't get it that after WP only matched pay everytime RD raised pay until the final minutes of the blockade?

Dingybeard
Seadog wrote

[Feb 2, 2009 9:55:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
katem71

Cool! Another person to make me keep detesting BtV. Keep up the good work Cairna, you draw them like flies to poop, huh?
Keight
[Feb 2, 2009 10:26:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MakeContact

Sorry about the lack of funds guys.

Well done WP you really had it all over them for the first two rounds. It was a pleasuring navving for you guys. <3
Wooden.

Hurly says, "i bend over tables for blockades"
Hurly says, "its the bumper sticker on my sloop"
[Feb 2, 2009 3:15:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 74   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates